First off: DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME.
This game is good, for its time, the same way the first computer was good for its time. It does not hold up to today. It is very painful, exceedingly painful. Constant grinding, running into a fight in the open world every 3 steps, and one area which took me 1-2 hours to walk through (no save in between).
This game is lovely and was great for its time but for the love of all that is holy, do not play this. If you are SET, 110% set, I will leave a guide for this 10 year old flesh game made by a single person.
Pain Notes: if you die, you have to reload the page. The save points are the blue things and their are like 5 of them in the game. You will literally run into an enemy every 3 feet in open world. if you click equip with an item in your inventory, you lose the one you currently have.
1. fight the civilian, gain money, buy best gear
2. magician gives levels (don't matter except for the first 10 in everything) and blacksmith gives 200 gold.
3. once you have the best gear in town and are around level 15, grind up to 20,000 gold and go to the new place, you'll need it for the silver flute, new weapon, gauntlets and etc.
4. sigh heavily as you go through the goblin stronghold
5. unlock really cool party member (equip him and his attack and note his level and when he gains abilities)
6. train train train and train until you can beat the magic merchant back in town.
7. grind money
8. fight the swordsman and grind levels because why not.
9. travel to the magical forest and go right and up forever. (you can commence crying)
10. reach the village and ignore the villagers equipment entirely)
11. go through the cave of pure evil (you can now commence drinking)
12. reach the wonderous end after 2 hours. travel right. save. Stop playing and just relax from insanity.
13. fight the swordsman, gather 30,000, go all the way right, buy diamond lance.
14. grind more for dragon plate left and right and mythril helmet.
15. talk to inn keeper.
16. travel, fight boss, beat game.
18. cry and drink as you realize that you'll have to go back through that cave and gain like 70 more levels if you want to be a completionist and fight that one king and beat the arena.