00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Notking just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

539,653 Views | 5,448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-02-04 05:07:25

At 2/3/23 03:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Three years is a very long time.

It is yes. Just a month of downtime and you quickly fall behind at this pace too.

He said he would retire, but I haven't seen it happen. Maybe he will be a class act and actually go out on top?

Though it'd be equally impressive if he actually doesn't, but instead ups his efforts and actually increases the lead. ;)

Interesting to see how this all plays out.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-02-04 06:00:31

At 2/4/23 05:07 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/3/23 03:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Three years is a very long time.
It is yes. Just a month of downtime and you quickly fall behind at this pace too.

This is why I can never take a day or a week off.

He said he would retire, but I haven't seen it happen. Maybe he will be a class act and actually go out on top?
Though it'd be equally impressive if he actually doesn't, but instead ups his efforts and actually increases the lead. ;)

No, that would be utter rubbish. He said he would stop, if he keeps going than that makes him a liar.

Interesting to see how this all plays out.

I can understand the audience enjoying the show. As the hero, I'm starting to get tired of the eternal struggle.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

At 2/4/23 06:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is why I can never take a day or a week off.

Mmm, dangerous though if the game of NG becomes more important than life itself...

No, that would be utter rubbish. He said he would stop, if he keeps going than that makes him a liar.

He just said it was likely. ;)

I can understand the audience enjoying the show. As the hero, I'm starting to get tired of the eternal struggle.

May you keep fighting the good fight only if you really want to though! There should be no pressure here. It's all about good creative fun; community; amounting numbers on the side IMO. If the latter takes over you wonder what it's all for anyway. At least I do. The motives are the connections and contributions; the numbers more so a bonus.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-02-05 16:23:14

At 2/5/23 05:48 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/4/23 06:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This is why I can never take a day or a week off.
Mmm, dangerous though if the game of NG becomes more important than life itself...

The stakes keeping getting raised.

He just said it was likely. ;)

That is true.

May you keep fighting the good fight only if you really want to though! There should be no pressure here. It's all about good creative fun; community; amounting numbers on the side IMO. If the latter takes over you wonder what it's all for anyway. At least I do. The motives are the connections and contributions; the numbers more so a bonus.

If things keep up, I might have to switch to a part time job. Very challenging to work full time and do Newgrounds full time.

BBS Signature

At 2/5/23 04:23 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The stakes keeping getting raised.

Hmm I wonder if I've ever felt that way about NG in particular, I was a lot more competitive back in the day, but in regard to life yes... that definitely does become all the more serious a business; harder to distract yourself from.

That is true.

If things keep up, I might have to switch to a part time job. Very challenging to work full time and do Newgrounds full time.

Ah man I actually have a part-time job, and it still is! XD

May be true though what Parkinson's Law states in regard to time, that all work expands to fill the time allotted for its completion. Basically the more time you give anything the more time it takes, seems to apply well both to NG and life overall; to all endevours you task yourself with...

It's incredible how much you can manage with less when you really don't have a choice... or vice versa.

BBS Signature

Man, if anyone out there is stressing and thinking about changing jobs so they can get more points on a website, I would like to tell them they should really examine their life priorities.

At 2/6/23 08:00 PM, GUTHRIE wrote: Man, if anyone out there is stressing and thinking about changing jobs so they can get more points on a website, I would like to tell them they should really examine their life priorities.

I'd assume that was a joke, but for sure, if it really is the case it probably would be wise to...

If you're not living the ideal life maybe NG's a welcome distraction; a spark of light in whatever it is you're going through. It always gave me plenty of solace when I was growing up, when I was just not in tune with the outside world, but hopefully that's a phase you pass... ideally nothing digital should have control IMO. It's fleeting after all. It'd be nice if NG could be around forever but it probably won't. This too is but a momentary endeavor in the harsh span of reality; everything changes... best diversify and live outside this world too.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-02-07 16:51:12

At 2/6/23 03:59 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/5/23 04:23 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The stakes keeping getting raised.
Hmm I wonder if I've ever felt that way about NG in particular, I was a lot more competitive back in the day, but in regard to life yes... that definitely does become all the more serious a business; harder to distract yourself from.

The higher you get on NewGrounds the more stressful it becomes. I am aiming for the number one spot, so it would bring the most stress.

That is true.

Ah man I actually have a part-time job, and it still is! XD

May be true though what Parkinson's Law states in regard to time, that all work expands to fill the time allotted for its completion. Basically the more time you give anything the more time it takes, seems to apply well both to NG and life overall; to all endevours you task yourself with...

It's incredible how much you can manage with less when you really don't have a choice... or vice versa.

That is an interesting concept. I wonder if it ties into people waiting until the last day to finish an assignment that was given a week ago?

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-02-07 16:55:54

At 2/7/23 05:45 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: If you're not living the ideal life maybe NG's a welcome distraction; a spark of light in whatever it is you're going through. It always gave me plenty of solace when I was growing up, when I was just not in tune with the outside world, but hopefully that's a phase you pass... ideally nothing digital should have control IMO. It's fleeting after all. It'd be nice if NG could be around forever but it probably won't. This too is but a momentary endeavor in the harsh span of reality; everything changes... best diversify and live outside this world too.

Some things just happen to people. You bump into a friendship or a relationship, or even a career. It was just the right time and the right age for me to bump into NewGrounds. I'm going to continue this quest and see where it takes me.

BBS Signature

At 2/7/23 04:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The higher you get on NewGrounds the more stressful it becomes. I am aiming for the number one spot, so it would bring the most stress.

That doesn't sound like an entirely good thing but...

At 2/7/23 04:55 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Some things just happen to people. You bump into a friendship or a relationship, or even a career. It was just the right time and the right age for me to bump into NewGrounds. I'm going to continue this quest and see where it takes me.

...I hope it takes you to a good place eventually! I wonder if getting to the top does feel like the pinnacle; like once you've achieved that you've achieved everything there is to achieve here, or if there's always something more around the corner regardless. Would assume the latter. Seems that's the way it is with most addictions like this.

Re: Parkinson's Law
That is an interesting concept. I wonder if it ties into people waiting until the last day to finish an assignment that was given a week ago?

I definitely believe that! I seem to be one of those who always put things off until the last minute too. If the deadline's immediate I know I can do things right away, but when it isn't it's just... impossible. When I first heard of this law it all made sense to me. More pressure in the long run doesn't necessarily make for better results, but short term it's definitely good to have less time available if you don't want to spend more time on lesser things. True with procrastination and stalling as well as with brooding, and overthinking, and so many other habits you'd inherently link to ample lack of discipline.

Though that probably correlates too.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-02-10 01:02:03

At 2/8/23 02:53 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/7/23 04:51 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The higher you get on NewGrounds the more stressful it becomes. I am aiming for the number one spot, so it would bring the most stress.
That doesn't sound like an entirely good thing but...

It is not. Getting to the top spot is very stressful.

At 2/7/23 04:55 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Some things just happen to people. You bump into a friendship or a relationship, or even a career. It was just the right time and the right age for me to bump into NewGrounds. I'm going to continue this quest and see where it takes me.
...I hope it takes you to a good place eventually! I wonder if getting to the top does feel like the pinnacle; like once you've achieved that you've achieved everything there is to achieve here, or if there's always something more around the corner regardless. Would assume the latter. Seems that's the way it is with most addictions like this.

Re: Parkinson's Law

I definitely believe that! I seem to be one of those who always put things off until the last minute too. If the deadline's immediate I know I can do things right away, but when it isn't it's just... impossible. When I first heard of this law it all made sense to me. More pressure in the long run doesn't necessarily make for better results, but short term it's definitely good to have less time available if you don't want to spend more time on lesser things. True with procrastination and stalling as well as with brooding, and overthinking, and so many other habits you'd inherently link to ample lack of discipline.

Though that probably correlates too.

I can understand what you mean. some people love waiting until the last moment to finish things.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-03-03 17:04:08

Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #86 (3/3/2023)

It's a very much less eventful one than the last, but gains still are high! And days they fly by.

Enjoy the stats!

Top 5 Gainers

Rank | Total Stat Gain | User

1. 3149 DoctorStrongbad

2. 2950 Cyberdevil

3. 2793 Pokemonpoeguygcn

4. 2673 GUTHRIE

5. 2643 Punisher

(Biggest Losers): DamnedByFate -199

Times Placed in Top 5

Rank | Times Placed | User | +/-

01. 72 Cyberdevil

02. 72 DoctorStrongbad

03. 39 GUTHRIE

04. 23 Pokemonpoeguygcn +1

05. 22 fixit -1

06. 20 KaizoMartin

07. 18 TTRM

08. 17 classroomdj

09. 15 XwaynecoltX

10. 15 StatKing

11. 12 VJF

12. 8 Glamdrung

13. 6 MatthewF

14. 6 SFS1313

15. 5 Idiot-Finder

16. 5 Tribal

17. 5 MessiaH

18. 5 LIBPUCKCHICK

19. 5 Pingu

20. 4 gamejunkie

21. 3 EventHorizon

22. 3 Dev

23. 3 AfroUnderscoreStud

24. 3 Revenger44

25. 3 sumidiotdude

26. 3 Toocool100

27. 3 Punisher +6

28. 2 sushi13 -1

29. 2 byteslinger -1

30. 2 Shantom -1

31. 2 Viper -1

32. 2 Sobolev -1

33. 2 Pyro-911 -1

34. 1 Art3misZer0

35. 1 ViceFullbuster

36. 1 queenofbabes

37. 1 Asandir

38. 1 Alexil

39. 1 greatguy92

40. 1 MegaGold

41. 1 Gooch

42. 1 yeahha

43. 1 Bobogoobo

44. 1 WaffleCrisp

45. 1 OneThousandMeeps

46. 1 Blitz-Mage

47. 1 jasoNicman

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-03-03 23:48:25

One of these days I'll be back on the upswing in terms of stats. And then it'll be all downhill for all of you. Muahaha. Haha. Hahaha.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-03-04 04:07:42

At 3/3/23 11:48 PM, Viper wrote: One of these days I'll be back on the upswing in terms of stats. And then it'll be all downhill for all of you. Muahaha. Haha. Hahaha.

I look forward to the competition! ;)

If newspost comments ever become a stat though you'd probably seriously be one of the top contenders around here. I'd like to see that become a public number sometime; a part of this too.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-03-15 02:59:56

At 3/3/23 05:04 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #86 (3/3/2023)

Top 5 Gainers
1. 3149 DoctorStrongbad

I am very proud and honored to be the number one earner this update. All of my hard work and effort really pays off when I see how many gains that I have made.

(Biggest Losers): DamnedByFate -199

Times Placed in Top 5
02. 72 DoctorStrongbad

My Iron Man streak of excellence continues with this update. Another reason why I am known as The Living Legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-03-15 03:06:34

Here are the numbers.

2 0 ***** DoctorStrongbad 68,544 25,774 244,806 27,200 5,384 13,718 385,426 +3149

That is a gain of 503 on first place. With a difference of 20,998.

Getting closer and closer to being first place.

BBS Signature

Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #87 (4/4/2023)

Congrats @Void on jumping onto the list with 2x10K EXP and Saves on this one! And @DingleberryClock with 2x10K EXP and Posts!

Though General's locked and all all is not lost; there are at least some other areas to excel at even hereafter, and possibilities of occasional; sparse stat-related party or hearty parley. :)

Gains are still high this month too, maybe in part thanks to that recent wave of alternative Clock Day submissions...

Enjoy the numbers!

Top 5 Gainers

Rank | Total Stat Gain | User

1. 3786 DoctorStrongbad

2. 3280 Cyberdevil

3. 3119 GUTHRIE

4. 3018 Pokemonpoeguygcn

5. 2984 Punisher

(Biggest Losers): YoinK -101

Times Placed in Top 5

Rank | Times Placed | User | +/-

01. 73 Cyberdevil

02. 73 DoctorStrongbad

03. 40 GUTHRIE

04. 24 Pokemonpoeguygcn

05. 22 fixit

06. 20 KaizoMartin

07. 18 TTRM

08. 17 classroomdj

09. 15 XwaynecoltX

10. 15 StatKing

11. 12 VJF

12. 8 Glamdrung

13. 6 MatthewF

14. 6 SFS1313

15. 5 Idiot-Finder

16. 5 Tribal

17. 5 MessiaH

18. 5 LIBPUCKCHICK

19. 5 Pingu

20. 4 gamejunkie

21. 4 Punisher +6

22. 3 EventHorizon -1

23. 3 Dev -1

24. 3 AfroUnderscoreStud -1

25. 3 Revenger44 -1

26. 3 sumidiotdude -1

27. 3 Toocool100 -1

28. 2 sushi13

29. 2 byteslinger

30. 2 Shantom

31. 2 Viper

32. 2 Sobolev

33. 2 Pyro-911

34. 1 Art3misZer0

35. 1 ViceFullbuster

36. 1 queenofbabes

37. 1 Asandir

38. 1 Alexil

39. 1 greatguy92

40. 1 MegaGold

41. 1 Gooch

42. 1 yeahha

43. 1 Bobogoobo

44. 1 WaffleCrisp

45. 1 OneThousandMeeps

46. 1 Blitz-Mage

47. 1 jasoNicman

BBS Signature

At 4/4/23 05:35 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #87 (4/4/2023)

This update has seen General, the Mega Topics of Video Games, and Politics all locked.

Top 5 Gainers
1. 3786 DoctorStrongbad

I am very proud and honored to be the number one earner this update, especially during all of this change and chaos. All of my hard work and effort really pays off when I see how many gains that I have made. I am happy to stand on the right side of history and order.

(Biggest Losers): YoinK -101

Times Placed in Top 5
02. 73 DoctorStrongbad

My Iron Man streak of excellence continues with this update. Another reason why I am known as The Living Legend, and the hardest working man on NewGrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-04-05 02:45:20

Here are the numbers.

2 0 ***** DoctorStrongbad 68,854 25,926 247,624 27,500 5,593 13,715 389,212 +3786

That is a gain of 802 on first place. With a difference of 20,196.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-04-05 07:41:21

At 4/5/23 02:33 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This update has seen General, the Mega Topics of Video Games, and Politics all locked.

Tumultuous times on NG fo rizzle, just this past week...

Undeniably now, slow but steady!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-04-05 15:19:53

At 4/5/23 07:41 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/5/23 02:33 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: This update has seen General, the Mega Topics of Video Games, and Politics all locked.
Tumultuous times on NG fo rizzle, just this past week...

That is true. The times they are uh changing.

Undeniably now, slow but steady!

It should only take forty or so updates, but who's counting? lol

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-04-05 20:27:11

At 4/4/23 05:35 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #87 (4/4/2023)

Congrats @Void on jumping onto the list with 2x10K EXP and Saves on this one! And @DingleberryClock with 2x10K EXP and Posts!

Awesome, I'm happy to be included! Slow and steady wins the race

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-04-06 06:51:40

i never noticed I was in the op before

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-04-07 10:40:21

At 4/5/23 03:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That is true. The times they are uh changing.

They are indeed!

It should only take forty or so updates, but who's counting? lol

Daaang it really will be a while still. XD Just about three years and four months then hmm... excluding summers it'd be just about thirty-four updates then if you weren't counting on the traditionally skipped August/September ones already! Possibly even less...

At 4/5/23 08:27 PM, Void wrote: Awesome, I'm happy to be included! Slow and steady wins the race

That it does! Happy to have you here too.

Maybe you'll get to the 3X10K tier with posts in time. ;) If all things keep going the way they are going...

BBS Signature

At 4/6/23 06:51 AM, olskoo wrote: i never noticed I was in the op before

Ah you're right, you were here from the start... ought to be jumping back into the list soon too if you just keep posting! Or protecting. Projecting them stats in all the right directions.

Didn't notice you were a mod before either! Congrats on that notable promotion!

BBS Signature

At 4/7/23 10:41 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/6/23 06:51 AM, olskoo wrote: i never noticed I was in the op before
Ah you're right, you were here from the start... ought to be jumping back into the list soon too if you just keep posting! Or protecting. Projecting them stats in all the right directions.

Didn't notice you were a mod before either! Congrats on that notable promotion!

I did used to post a lot. Never spamming though, spamming is cheating

Here's the award I got for being the first user to reach 10k forum posts

iu_942263_8307814.jpg

I was the second mod on ng too here's a old pic

iu_942266_8307814.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-04-07 17:24:12

YOU HAVE PASSED 12000 MEDALS - TOP-SHELF!

At 4/7/23 01:03 PM, olskoo wrote: I did used to post a lot. Never spamming though, spamming is cheating

Hmm hmm, never - never ever? ;) Most of us seem to go through some growing pains at least in that regard! Respect if your moral compass was on point right from the beginning here. True true.

Here's the award I got for being the first user to reach 10k forum posts

Woo making history there! That's awesome.

Do you know who was first to 20k by any chance? 30, 40k? Amounts are mere amounts of course, that overtime amount on course, but they are pretty cool milestones... suppose I could probably dig through lists and find this though.

So many active users there too. Were you modding all the way up till your original account was deleted? I don't remember seeing you there at all...

Curious if you recall who the first mod was too?

Thanks for sharing this stuff. This kind of old NG lore's just awesome. And solid accomplishments.

At 4/7/23 05:24 PM, Fro wrote: YOU HAVE PASSED 12000 MEDALS - TOP-SHELF!

Massive man, Congrats!

Though I assume this was meant for the level up lounge. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2023-04-07 18:03:59

At 4/7/23 05:59 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Do you know who was first to 20k by any chance? 30, 40k? Amounts are mere amounts of course, that overtime amount on course, but they are pretty cool milestones...

nope

So many active users there too. Were you modding all the way up till your original account was deleted? I don't remember seeing you there at all...

no i got removed for inactivity at some point

Curious if you recall who the first mod was too?

I thought it was me, but FunkBRS says it was Freakapotimus so it was probably her lol

it was so long ago

Thanks for sharing this stuff. This kind of old NG lore's just awesome.

yep

BBS Signature

At 4/7/23 05:59 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/7/23 05:24 PM, Fro wrote: YOU HAVE PASSED 12000 MEDALS - TOP-SHELF!
Massive man, Congrats!

Though I assume this was meant for the level up lounge. ;)

I always do that lmao, too late. It's been posted. I'll have to wait until I get 13,000!