00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Castle Crasher on PC?

139,169 Views | 194 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-12-30 13:57:10

At 12/16/09 07:11 PM, connorihb wrote:
At 2/1/09 08:03 PM, skyler182001 wrote:
At 2/1/09 07:48 PM, Basspro55 wrote: It wouldnt be financially intelligent to launch a game that everyone already has on the xbox and only would wanna play on the xbox for the PC
your mom is financially intelligent
I believe that is a compliment old chap. good day and orange soda.

MMmmmmmmm....Orange Soda.......... And as for Only wanting to play on XBox? Ummm HAve you seen how many people here want it on PC? Thats what this whole disscussion is about...

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-12-30 14:09:02

At 12/29/09 05:11 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 12/12/09 08:07 PM, blackpheonixark wrote: Sexbox360
That sounds like a cool system. Is it similar to Microsoft's Xbox 360?

Yes actually it is. The only difference is you take the price of the XBox360 and stick it in your anus. Then it sits there uncomfortably for a few hours before it finally decides that your anus is too small so it searches your body for more orifices to invade.

Don't get me wrong. I love the XBox. Its such an interesting system. But the fact that I have to dish out more than my rent in order to buy one just to play a few games I love is crazy. about 60% of huge games have also been released for PC

Ghost busters
Borderlands
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Resident Evil 5
Dragon Age Origins
Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition
Devil May Cry 4

That's just a small list of some of the newer games that has been released for PC as well as the other systems. They have even made it so you can create your own XBox Live Profile using your Hotmail or MSN Account and even update. Not to mention all of the accessories such as the controller and making USB 2.0 for multiplayer Simply put the XBox is a smaller, more game oriented version of a computer. They just use a different OS made especially for gaming. So I dunno. I am hoping that good things come to frutation.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-12-30 14:26:28

I hate anyone that comes in and yes "HURR DURR PORTING IS HARD" Alien Hominid was out for PS2 and Gamecube, then ported to Xbox, then ported to GBA, and then finally to the XBLA. Castle Crashers CAN be ported.

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-12-30 18:18:33

developing games for PC is potentially more profitable than 360 for the reason that there is no big royalty cost to companies like MS, Sony or Nintendo since it is open platform. But then again, PC gamers usually don't look for "casual" games like Castle Crashers. (I would though)

But I doubt that porting a 360 game to PC would be that costly.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-12-30 23:50:53

At 12/30/09 06:18 PM, H0LT45 wrote:
But I doubt that porting a 360 game to PC would be that costly.

It's probably not about costs, but interest. The Behemoth is already working on a new project, so I doubt that they want to port an old title.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-12-31 10:33:57

What I think the biggest reason they don't wanna port it is because of few reason....Torrents, Hacks, Edits, and other hacking utilities. Computer hacking has been around for a long long time, But system hacking and editing is relatively newer to the world. They probably think that if they mass produce the game for PC, yeah alot of people will buy it up all of a sudden, and because of that stores will request alot more thinking its a popularly sold game, and so they speed up production just to find out that it suddenly drops off because all those people who bought the game are now patching it to not use CD, copying it, and distributing it to all the people who don't wanna pay for it. Not only that but computer programs are so much easier to hack and edit compared to console games. Hence then, they lose a lot of money from the sudden surge and the drop off. I dunno. I don't agree with not releasing it for PC, but at the same time, I can understand some of their worries.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2009-12-31 12:00:43

At 12/31/09 10:33 AM, blackpheonixark wrote:

What about WiiWare?

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-15 04:05:44

At 9/4/08 08:52 AM, SoundAlchemy wrote:
I love me some castle crashers and would love to see it ported to the PC (It was coded and made on one anyways)

I am glad to see at least one person knows where it was coded.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-15 04:14:14

At 12/27/08 07:22 PM, eddythanoob wrote: a big part about CC is its multiplayer the game probly would not be as fun with out and the real way to play multiplayer is online but you cant chat online on a PC so.....
----------------------------------------
---------------------

dude we have mics and they could make a typing box . it probably is possible to have it on pc it would just take some work.

Putting the game onto a computer would not take much work at all and a headset for the computer is no problem as well, there is no "maybe you can't chat online." Even if the game did not have built-in chat, if you were playing with friends from different houses or whatever you could all go into a chat on a different program if it was on the computer, such as ventrilo to name one.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-15 04:16:37

At 1/13/09 07:36 AM, homor wrote: i once PM'ed tom about a possible PS2 port, he sent me this reply, i think it works well here too:

"Sorry, but there aren't any plans to release Castle Crashers on PS2... It would be really hard to port over and would require a lot of changes to keep performance up to standards. -Tom"

PS2 is not even close to being a computer. Anyways, your questions should have been shifted to PS3 if you wanted it for a Sony console...

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-15 04:21:48

At 1/21/09 09:59 AM, Stukje wrote:
I don't live in America, and that might be one big reason none of my friends have a xbox. The Xbox isn't very popular in European countries...
lol it is just as popular

Where do you live?

------------------------

At 2/1/09 05:42 PM, TheDraxor wrote:
At 8/31/08 04:53 AM, Patonki wrote: Alright, I understand. The piracy can be quite effectively solved by releasing on Steam, as Steam games are quite hard to get, if not impossible to get.
You could always do what Blizzard did.... Online Multiplayer on Battle.net made it pointless to pirate the game until 20 years later when they don't care about it anymore...

Smart man.

------------------------

At 2/1/09 07:48 PM, Ultor wrote: It wouldnt be financially intelligent to launch a game that everyone already has on the xbox and only would wanna play on the xbox for the PC

As stated way above, it is not hard to port any game to a computer especially since they are made on computers first. Only Xbox? I have an xbox and it is not anything worth mentioning.

------------------------

At 2/1/09 08:44 PM, John-The-Biter wrote: If you could port it that easily, it would be great. But after years of work, it would take that much or longer to port it. A small company like the Behemoth doesn't have the manpower to port a game to that many consoles in a reasonable amount of time.

Same thing goes to you as the last reply. I am not going to flame you with words like most will.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-15 04:54:42

At 8/28/08 12:49 AM, guido730 wrote:
no one you know owns an xbox?

...........what??

how many friends do you have? like 2?

I have only two.

--------------------------------------

At 8/28/08 12:35 AM, Patonki wrote:

is pontetially much more profitable.
No, PC gamers only care about flashy first person shooters.

Wow. *****.

At 3/6/09 05:43 PM, Afro-wolf wrote:

*laughs* Didn't you know the halo series was actually made for PC and it didn't take them a lot of time to port it to the xbox... Now don't you feel like a retard?
Fear not people! 14 year old expert on the industry coming through!

Who cares how old YOU think this individual is especially since he is right?

At 5/8/09 04:56 PM, McPancake wrote: At 8/28/08 07:52 AM, Patonki wrote

Everyone in my class hates the Xbox, which is the right thing to do.

So get lost faggot.

you know you could be a little more polite, and follow the guidelines of language use

Yes it is sad that castle crashers only is on the xbox 360, but unless you want to decode and recode everything, you really can't do much about it

-Sigh- And why do you think they need to decode and recode everything? Read posts that were ahead of this one and yours.

------

At 7/11/09 09:43 AM, YoStiwn wrote:
At 9/4/08 08:52 AM, SoundAlchemy wrote: Has anyone stopped to think that the XBOX -IS- a PC.... Its produced by microsoft for fucks sake...

You can put PC hard drives in it... It'll run windows and linux.... and it hooks up with windows media edition PC's with no problem...

XBOX = PC

But lets be realistic here

XBOX < PC

I love me some castle crashers and would love to see it ported to the PC (It was coded and made on one anyways)

As for the pirating issue there are plenty of games out there that allow the player to pirate it but they cant play online. Its pretty simple to provide solid multiplayer security. If someone wants to pirate the game... LET EM! They'll only be able to play the single player, JUST LIKE SOMEONE WITHOUT AN XBOX LIVE SUBSCRIPTION.

Blah... Why do I even care... all meh friends have xbox's so there's no shortage of them in my life. Tell you what though.. I'll never... NEVER EVER buy one.

tsk tsk for supporting the microsoft monopoly.
TOTALLY false. A PC is a personal computer. Like... a lappy or a desktop. XBOX does not work the same way. XBOX may be a console made by Microsoft but that does NOT mean it's a computer! You can't use most of Microsoft's things with that little white box with a green ring on it. I admit, I do enjoy my brother's 360 once in a while, and CC is an awesome game, but seriously. I find this matter closed. Due to piracy being SOOO easy, it aint happenin on the comp. Sorry. But seriously. I'm just sad that somebody was stupid enough to not know the diff between a PC and an XBOX. BTW I know these things because my dad works with Microsoft. Ya aint hearing a lie.

Haha @ the green ring! Half of them get the red ring, IF they are lucky! Ahahaha! My Xbox 360 sucks, half the Xbox 360 games have been unreadable for awhile and I treat my systems in the best way I possibly could...All my old school systems from Atari up to my PS2 / first Xbox work fine still. People I know all have various problems with Xbox, especially right after the manufacturer's warranty is up...imagine that. I dislike Xbox 360, but I do love my Microsoft Windows even though made by the same company.

---------------------------

At 7/11/09 12:37 PM, TheRyoku wrote:
BTW I know these things because my dad works with Microsoft. Ya aint hearing a lie.
Why the crap does everyone say that? Would you please learn to do some freaking research? The XBox is a PC. It's just specialized to play games.

The reason people create consoles is so that all developers have the same medium to work with. With PC developers, people have to sort of...take a guess, or do extensive research to figure out what kinds of hardware the majority of their audience uses. With something like an XBox 360, all developers can work with the same hardware, and they know that all Xbox 360 owners will get a similar experience.

To contribute to the topic:

Yea, piracy is a definite turnoff. For game developers, consoles are the way to go.

You should do some "Extensive research" on what a PC is then if you wish to say other people are wrong, but in this case you are wrong, and TheRyoku is correct. Type "PC" in google and the first result will be wikipedia telling you what it is. It is NOT an Xbox 360.

-------------------

At 7/17/09 12:09 PM, sontuk wrote: I don't think it's going to happen;
it would be pirated a million times until every computer had it;
and it can't be ported either.
Wii games are easy to copy and send to people if you have an SD card, ESPECIALLY wiiware games.
PS3 sucks, Nobody has a PSP and DS games are extremely easy to pirate.

I would like to hear your reasons with examples about why PS3 sucks. I do not own one fyi. Many people have a PSP, every person that I know that has a xbox 360 also has a PSP besides myself. NOBODY has a PSP... mkays.

-------------------

At 7/17/09 01:05 PM, ablackguy wrote:
At 3/6/09 07:31 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 8/28/08 12:55 PM, WritingPad wrote: I don't think it ever will be on computer or any other console, it was originally made just for XBL, the chance of it being re-done for another console is low.
I dunno, depends on how greedy Tom feels. If the cost/benefit ratio was high enough, I'm sure he and his team and the Behemoth might consider it.
meh its not just that its more of a pain in the ass to switch it over threw systems a pc is pretty simaler to an xbox though u can crack an xbox reg and put linux on it and use at as a pc to say the least im sure putting it on any system wld allways come out ahead considering the massive number of ng's user's and the fact that crashers has got a few awards for being a bad ass xbox game but then u also got to look at in the light that alota games dont go cross console final fantasy was only on ps for as long as i can remember i dk currently if they switched it to anyother consule iv kinda been outa the loop since ff7 was re done because its on of my the end all games for anysystem even on the ps1 it was wicked but yeh its more of a time thing im sure they prolly dont want to overload their schedule i just woke up so i prolly misspelled 90 % of the words i just wrote anyway i dont think u will see it on pc for a long time unless sumone cracks it and does the conversion on their own

Many Final Fantasys are for PC, and not just illegal ones neither.

----------------------------------

At 7/24/09 07:02 AM, Dezimo wrote: Are people actually saying that Xbox is the same as a PC?

They're completly different. You can't just port a game by burning it to a different disc and writing pc or ps3 on it, every console requires entirely different coding.

If you want a game to work on a different console or on pc you have to learn tons of new code, and then pretty much remake the game from scratch.
The only thing that makes it quicker is the fact that the graphics don't need to be redrawn.

Actually there is a thing called an emulator and for playstation games for one thing I can put in my disc drive and play them with an emulator on my computer.

----------

Ran out of space.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-15 05:13:40

At 8/7/09 04:47 AM, audaciouspie wrote: Glad this game is being ported to PS3, but honestly, it's probably not gonna be ported to the PC despite this recent advancement.

There are too many variables to manipulate original coding to port CC on the PC due to the thousands of different hardware and software components one could be supporting inside their computer. It's just too time consuming for most developers to commit to.

There's some hope though. CC is ~140 megabytes, compared to some console games about 4-6 gigabytes that have been ported to the PC, meaning the coding shouldn't be lengthy nor intensive in graphic and game-play recoding, unless The Behemoth happened to pack complex strings of code into 140mb's.

Generally, it's a time management vs profit sort of thing, rather than a design problem.

A little example: Street Fighter IV, about 4 and half gigs, took about another 6 months to be released to the PC than on the consoles.

Hope this clears up some issues.

They just did not release it on the PC until then is all. Read up for every other post about releasing to PCs.

------

At 8/13/09 09:06 PM, squidly wrote:
At 8/28/08 12:40 AM, Wurmy wrote: You people seem to think that porting a game between consoles is an easy job. No, it's not. The game was made for the 360, more specifically XBLA. It's made to run on the 360, with a controller. You can't just take it, switch up the controls and have it work on the PC. You have to adjust to the new hardware, which is completely different from the 360. This process can take months (usually more) to finish, then you have to debug it, etc..
You're also forgetting the fact that Xbox 360's are just pimped out computers with a special operating system.

Haha ;)

------------------------

At 9/30/09 12:42 AM, blackpheonixark wrote: Ok first off. A few Notes. Those who say u cant chat on a PC is pretty stupid im sorry to say. THERE IS A MICROPHONE JACK FOR HEADSETS. #2 Castle Crashers on PC would dramatically increase Revenue and make it a more popular game by expanding seeing as how Microsoft runs both Windows AND Xbox, it would only make sense. #3 Multiplayer on a PC is soo much eaisier then on a 360 so multiplayer is NO excuse. #4 why the fuck buy a 360 if all u wanna do is play that game? thats a huge waste of cash some of us who are die hard fans of the game and dont have the cash for a 360. #5 There IS the ability to use Xbox360 controller on PC and even Microsoft Live Network on PC. I have it for Fallout 3 for PC. So why the hell NOT put it on PC? Fallout3, oblvion, DMC4, all on PC i have em all. And i am not about to go buy a Sexbox360 JUST for Castle Crashers. I love the game, but i love paying my rent and bills more. So with all these notes, how hard is it to convert it to PC? Not hard at all. It already uses such LOW specs compared to all the other XBox games even and OLD PC can run it.

If u wanna argue with any statment i made, go ahead and ill provide u with all the proof u need that backs up all my statments. Also if a mod is reading this, run it by tom or the game creator. It makes sense. Anyway NEWGROUNDS FOR LIFE!!! I LOVE THIS SITE!!! WHOO!!!

Will you marry me?

---------

At 12/30/09 02:26 PM, supperman2 wrote: I hate anyone that comes in and yes "HURR DURR PORTING IS HARD" Alien Hominid was out for PS2 and Gamecube, then ported to Xbox, then ported to GBA, and then finally to the XBLA. Castle Crashers CAN be ported.

Smart man. You definitely are super.

Well I read all the posts on the thread now... WooooT.

Do it like Steam, Blizzard, other multiple online games, etc., however you want. There are pleanty of ways to make it super hard to pirate.

I don't even know Castle Crashers, I just thought I would read all this :)

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-15 05:26:22

I haven't really read the whole thread. But they could easily port it if they wanted. Since it was made for Xbox. That means it's made in C#. You can have games made with the XNA framework work on Xbox, Zune and PC. So it's really only a matter of editing the controls and testing the game on various computers.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-16 01:29:42

At 12/31/09 12:00 PM, PikaRobo wrote:
At 12/31/09 10:33 AM, blackpheonixark wrote:
What about WiiWare?

I don't think there's enough space for it on the Wii.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-01-24 18:33:28

well its not the fact that i don't have a 360, i had two years of free live and my dad just downright said no.
I just wish someone would make it for the pc.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-02-24 06:42:00

I live in Austria and nearly everyone of my friends have a XBOX360 - me too..

Dramatization: ASDF is not a word.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-02-24 15:22:40

At 1/15/10 05:26 AM, 4urentertainment wrote: Zune

Now THERES AN IDEA!
We need moar apps anyway.

Zune Social ID : Daboyzofwexford/ AVA ID : Tehcamper

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-03-05 15:29:39

At 8/29/08 09:52 AM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote: I doubt Behemoth would put it into any other console. If you want to play it, buy a fucking 360. Simple, really.

dude, i got a xbox 360 wireless controller, why cant i just fucking play it on pc? i dont have to buy it for the xbox if it will be at the pc, same controlls same fun

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-03-30 20:07:15

At 8/29/08 09:52 AM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote: I doubt Behemoth would put it into any other console. If you want to play it, buy a fucking 360. Simple, really.

well not everyone can buy a 360 so say something every1 can fucking do

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-08-27 17:34:24

i have a 360

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-08-27 18:19:34

Why are pepole posting just saying that they have a 360? Its not really relevant to the topic, or of any importance to the question.

Anyway, now its coming to PS3, mabye they could port it to PC at the same time.

Steam: Chubzilla100 also Check out da You Tubes

I dont think you understand the importance of clicking my sig, and the limitless prizes it holds.

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-08-27 18:37:20

At 8/28/08 01:33 AM, TheSovereign wrote:
No, console gamers only care about flashy first person shooters.

*Fixed

You don't quit NEWGROUNDS, NEWGROUNDS quits YOU.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-08-29 13:03:04

ps3 version comes out in 2 days. But really people get a 360 they are so much better.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-08-29 16:51:36

I still think that it would be a good idea.
Okay, porting will be hard, but come on, it's a 2D game, and not an extremely complicated one..
And I don't think it will get pirated that much.First of all, pirating won't be a big problem because, well, it's Behemoth (AKA the "Newgrounds devs"), and second, the multi should be way more fun than SP, especially if you manage to get the game on Steam.

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-08-30 06:49:56

At 8/29/10 02:04 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 8/27/10 06:37 PM, CapnTater wrote:
No, console gamers only care about flashy first person shooters.
*Fixed
>Implying FPS games aren't made for PC first

Also, Alien Hominid was specifically made for Gamecube, and it got ported to PS2, Xbox, and the fucking GBA, as well as XBLA. So don't suck Behemoth's cocks and whine on how porting is hard.

Eh, look at most new FPS games... They're most likely made for consoles first, with all the inbuilt auto-aim, matchmaking and all that console bullshit.

And for the record, Behemoth spent about a year porting the PS3 version, so get your facts straight

On the quest to rid this world from World of Warcraft

My Newgrounds account ---- Command and Conquer Crew ---- Computer Construction Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-08-30 13:37:48

At 8/28/08 12:35 AM, Patonki wrote: is pontetially much more profitable.
No, PC gamers only care about flashy first person shooters.

3rd person shooters work too.

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-09-05 00:19:57

360s SUCK!!!!!! GET A PS3 AND BUY CASTLE CRASHERS!!!!!!!!! u spend WAY more money on the ps3 buying Alien hominoid to get the alien and the caracter packs GET THE PS3 U GET A NEW GAME (all u can quaf) replaced by valley ball!!!!!!! WOOT!!! and u get all the characters for free with out buying the character packs!!! WOOT!!!! PS3s RULE!!!!

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-09-05 00:28:29

The xbox 360 is a good console. But be warned, don't make friends with FPS gamers because whatever FPS game you met them in is the only game they'll play with you. I quit XBL because of annoying friends, then again I should just stop being nice and delete them all. I guess I will, I rather play with friends who have a sense of variety and not redundant games like Halo and MW2.

Pools Closed

Response to Castle Crasher on PC? 2010-09-05 12:20:03

At 8/28/08 12:40 AM, Wurmy wrote: You people seem to think that porting a game between consoles is an easy job. No, it's not.

Actually, porting from 360 to PC shouldn't be too hard at all. Where PS3 uses an operating system very far from the workings of Windows (the most often-used OS for gaming, by far), the 360 actually uses a deprecated (albeit highly modified) version of Windows, meaning programming for both systems isn't too different, with only a few differences that need to be made.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature