00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread

12,680 Views | 173 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-27 03:20:15

At 8/26/08 10:55 PM, Spikrodd wrote:
At 8/24/08 09:08 PM, Quarl wrote:
Well, I'm not sure if we're allowed to talk about favorites... but I'm absolutely IN LOVE with spikrodds sub. That thing was maddeningly awesome. Granted, I'm not too into samples, but of course I have no proof he used any.
i came. you made my day sir. srsly. BTW that was a sample, a kick drum. i stretched it out and set the Hz at a low freq. That's my secret. The gabber kick was normally done then fast dist with 1/2 mix to make it not as overpowering.

Meow mix!
PLEASE DELIVER. :3

Yeah, it was awesome.

I actually figured I might aswell give a crack at a second submission that's more with the typical madness vibe. Thus far I've only used stock FL samples and native instruments and effects, and it's sounding pretty cool, shame the FL core contest has been and gone.
I just started messing with a few samples, sliced up a few beats, and then I got a train-like sound. Add in a reese, go nuts, and I've got the theme for "Madness Locomotion" lol. The bass is probably the best I've been able to come up with yet but I think a bit more messing around with the track, I'll probably finish the track today. Maybe.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-27 15:20:41

Writersblock's submission is really awesome!!!!! It only doesn't really fit perfect to the theme, but it's very good.

Okay this reaction came out of nowhere and I consider while making it that I'd better write a review on the song page 0.o

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-27 16:22:54

At 8/26/08 03:56 AM, WritersBlock wrote:
I think I'm sounding a bit like Quarl here, but as a musician, if I'm not allowed to be proud of a composition then fuck you. :D

lol. That's the spirit! Fuck everyone! Fuck you! Fuck me?

My anus is bleeding :o

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-27 17:35:29

Well, I finally was able to begin on my work just the other day... It's a work in progress :D... I got the title of "Reductio Ad Absurdum".

Look for it in the comming weeks :D.

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-28 05:55:13

First MAC submission list is up!

Discuss, blame, hate and complain.

daym, I'm good at rhymes. >:U

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-28 21:18:28

At 8/27/08 03:20 PM, mjattie wrote: Writersblock's submission is really awesome!!!!! It only doesn't really fit perfect to the theme, but it's very good.

Okay this reaction came out of nowhere and I consider while making it that I'd better write a review on the song page 0.o

Okay, now I feel like Spikrodd, too. Thanks! Uhmm... I don't know what else to say... Dum de dum de doo.

Yay for first list being out. Thanks DS555. There are 15 entries!
I counted 24, so that means that the missing 9 were omitted due to quality reasons or drakside's tomfoolery. Either way you gotta ch-ch-check it out!
Yes, DS, I call tomfoolery on you, sir!

I just checked my links to be on the safe side, and I'm all good there. ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-28 22:19:26

At 8/28/08 09:18 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Okay, now I feel like Spikrodd, too. Thanks! Uhmm... I don't know what else to say... Dum de dum de doo.

lol. if this MAC doesn't get me noticed, NOTHING WILL >:C

srsly

Titshit forgot me! >:CCC

I counted 24, so that means that the missing 9 were omitted due to quality reasons or drakside's tomfoolery.

...and so were 8 other submissions! >:CCC

Either way you gotta ch-ch-check it out!

never again.

Yes, DS, I call tomfoolery on you, sir!

TOMPH00LUHREEEEEE

I just checked my links to be on the safe side, and I'm all good there. ;D

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-29 03:00:00

At 8/28/08 10:19 PM, Spikrodd wrote:
Titshit forgot me! >:CCC

Not really because there was a little problem with yours. I'm not going into details here because I don't want to discuss things with each artist in public.

In general, I'll say it once more and ONLY once more...

READ WHAT I FUCKING TYPE BEFORE I POST A LIST! IF YOU SIMPLY IGNORE IT, I WILL IGNORE YOUR COMPLAINS AS WELL!

If you have any questions regarding your submissions -> PM ME!

That, is all...for nao! >:(

TOMPH00LUHREEEEEE >:U

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-29 04:16:50

Do you have to name your song something madness and is there a certain person you can ask
if it's madnessy enough cause I made a song that reminds me of Tricky whenever I listen to itSo I was wonderin if I could submit that

Check out my First Song

-Crazy Scientist-

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-29 20:55:56

I r submitted, I demand better crush synth bass plz kthxbye. GRRR RAWR!

Phoenix Chronicles' & Vivax Vox's Composer

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-08-31 18:35:55

Curious, does my sig make any sense?

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-01 12:48:37

At 8/31/08 06:35 PM, Quarl wrote: Curious, does my sig make any sense?

is it your drum machine?

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-01 17:24:41

dunno. It's supposed to be the rhythm in my song. At least, the first measure when the chorus comes in. I've decided the rhythm is so amazing because I've never heard anything so bad. I was enraptured by the amazingness of it's simplicity. Honestly, for a little while I thought it was beyond incredible when really it was just so spectacularly bad. I love it.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-01 17:34:21

My submission will probably be the only non-dnb song in the contest =/

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-01 21:53:51

At 9/1/08 05:34 PM, KgZ wrote: My submission will probably be the only non-dnb song in the contest =/

Did you even listen to any of the other subs?

First sub to the contest was Sanryd's track. That wasn't dnb.

Techno ( if you consider it a genre,) heavy metal, no idea what this is supposed to be because my net wouldn't load it but it claims to be "video game," general rock?, another self proclaimed techno song, ok, you know what? There are ALOT of songs that aren't drum and bass. Even the drum and bass tracks aren't genuine drum and bass tracks.

Can we skip the idea that genre even matters? Honestly, generalizing music is a horrible idea in the realm of creativity. While it's great to try and force yourself to conform to the "norms" as dictated by the "professionals" in order to better understand the standards upon which you will inevitably be judged, it's really all just a load of crap any ways.

I want to hear some emo-funk.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-01 22:27:26

Haha no you're right, I was kidding anyway. All the submissions I've heard sound great though.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-01 23:55:48

Yeah, great entries so far. Seriously though, emo-funk is the next big thing. Look out break-core, you've been upstaged...

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-02 00:29:53

At 9/1/08 11:55 PM, Quarl wrote: Yeah, great entries so far. Seriously though, emo-funk is the next big thing. Look out break-core, you've been upstaged...

You missed classical before...

Oh, and I think you're wrong. The next big thing is a blend of Happy Hardcore/Emo.

cuts self while wearing the grin of an absolute maniac. No one understands how happy I am!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-02 01:55:22

so um was my entry disqualified because i insulted madness?

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-02 03:16:40

So i've listened to every submission and these two have really stood out:

Draqo - PJ Mac8
Incredible quality. Great authentic sound, excellent vibe!

Nav - Antarctica
To die for DnB. Just repetative enough to create recognizabilty and not too much to be annoying.

There are a bunch that still rock - but they are kinda similar and on the same level, it'd be hard to judge which of them is the better, but right now... i think those two are awesome!

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-02 03:49:36

At 9/1/08 11:55 PM, Quarl wrote: Yeah, great entries so far. Seriously though, emo-funk is the next big thing. Look out break-core, you've been upstaged...

OH SNAP MY MAD ASS JUS GOT DISSED YO FO SHIZZEL MY NIZZEL. :P

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-02 12:00:26

lol. I thought of happy hardcore emo, but it just didn't roll off the tongue so well. I'm telling you, emo-funk has that pizazzz the kids crave. It's hip, it's hot, it's radical. Spin it.

We'll have your people call my people :P

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-02 17:43:19

ahah , im pretty sure my track will never go through . ( welcome to banana republic )
Im mean look at it. It was made pretty damn fast , on a computer that keeps crashing , and its the only track that include vocals ... that seems to be done by a schizophrenic maniac.

Still had fun doing it ... aha

Be Aggressive , be-be agressive!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-02 18:08:06

At 9/2/08 05:43 PM, JimmyGonzo wrote: ahah , im pretty sure my track will never go through . ( welcome to banana republic )
Im mean look at it. It was made pretty damn fast , on a computer that keeps crashing , and its the only track that include vocals ... that seems to be done by a schizophrenic maniac.

I hope it wins :)

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-02 20:33:42

Are songs that are 99% Garageband Loops allowed? Skybind's submission is really just a sped up version of the Synth Array 1 loop, and the bass loop sounds familiar too (I'm sure I could find it if I looked harder but I'm too lazy).

f

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-03 01:15:30

At 9/2/08 08:33 PM, Blain-The-Pain wrote: Are songs that are 99% Garageband Loops allowed? Skybind's submission is really just a sped up version of the Synth Array 1 loop, and the bass loop sounds familiar too (I'm sure I could find it if I looked harder but I'm too lazy).

No, that song is fail.

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-03 07:06:12

At 9/3/08 01:15 AM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 9/2/08 08:33 PM, Blain-The-Pain wrote: Are songs that are 99% Garageband Loops allowed? Skybind's submission is really just a sped up version of the Synth Array 1 loop, and the bass loop sounds familiar too (I'm sure I could find it if I looked harder but I'm too lazy).
No, that song is fail.

indeed.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-03 08:34:09

At 9/2/08 06:08 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 9/2/08 05:43 PM, JimmyGonzo wrote: ahah , im pretty sure my track will never go through . ( welcome to banana republic )

I hope it wins :)

Ah ! Maybe if the judges arent scared of schizophrenic maniacs with bad gear this will be a good opportunity to upgrade... Or else im just left working my ass off killing vampires at a Jew Bloodbank in Canada. ( and that's not even random humour/i work in a jew bloodbank in canada )

Be Aggressive , be-be agressive!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-03 12:15:25

Will this MAC have the entries reviewed like the old times? Bearing in mind that this time there are a lot less entries...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8-tremblingman dess Disc. Thread 2008-09-03 13:37:02

At 9/3/08 12:15 PM, Koriigahn wrote: Will this MAC have the entries reviewed like the old times? Bearing in mind that this time there are a lot less entries...

eyahhh, where are all the entries? I got 13 reviews on my entry, most I've ever received on anything. This comp is big guys. Make stuff people!

of course, you have to expect people like zenon to not reveal anything till the last minute. HERE COMES THE BIG GUNS TO SAVE THE DAY, EVERYONE LOOK AT HOW CLOSELY I CAN SUBMIT TO THE DUE DATE LULZ!

quarl BandCamp