00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My "art" thread

1,014 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My "art" thread 2008-07-03 17:04:48

I've been starting too many threads so I decided to make one to house all of my "art". I am using the parenthesis around "art" because a lot of the things I create do not involve a god-given talent. If you have a general knowledge of photoshop and an extensive imagination then you could create most of my "art". Take for instance this first one I am posting, I started out with a clean white background in photoshop and three hours later I ended up with this.

My

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-03 17:10:24

Very nice. you use this in animations as well?

BBS Signature

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-03 17:42:20

At 7/3/08 05:10 PM, NathanDay wrote: Very nice. you use this in animations as well?

I haven't made any animations in quite a few years. In one of my college classes we learned to use flash5 and I made some then but it seems that I've forgotten how to use flash. I opened flash cs3 the other day and I didn't know where to start. I can still animate with ImageReady but the tweening is quite shitty compared to flash.

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-03 17:53:15

Really creepy. I like that a lot. Great work! Hope to see more. =D

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-03 18:10:23

better than mine...

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-03 19:08:08

Hmmm, I like the dark desing. I recall dreaming something similiar during a horrible hangover last summer. Luckily it was just a dream.

Right?

Anyway, it looks very good!

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-03 20:54:49

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be making more next week but I'm taking the weekend off for some much needed drunken activities and amateur pyrotechnics. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND EV1^^

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-04 01:08:45

Widow-taker, why did you have to post such terrible art in the destroy that character thread, when you can produce something this good? It baffles me.

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-04 16:14:08

At 7/4/08 01:08 AM, ngmastah wrote: Widow-taker, why did you have to post such terrible art in the destroy that character thread, when you can produce something this good? It baffles me.

I know what you're saying man. I just made that first crappy pic in like 2 seconds because you guys hurt my feelings and so I got really defensive. It was also my first time posting and I really didn't understand how it worked here. It was a failed attempt at getting a laugh. I apologize for that though. I really am gifted at photoshop just not freehand drawing and shading.

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-09 11:59:28

I just finished this, took me about two hours, I should have done a lot more with it but I'm bored.

My

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-09 16:29:58

One more I just did. I was getting really frustrated because I couldn't make it look how I wanted it to in my head so I'll just scrap it.

My

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-10 00:28:10

I decided to stop working on this because after numerous attempts I could not make a good looking face.

My

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-10 01:27:42

the only one i really like is the first one :\
one of them is just too dark to see anything and i dont even know what to say about the circle head thing. the unfinished one of the female body looks like you probably could of made it into something super awesome if you worked on it some more

gxfg,dh,.h,sgnvndfgsjj :D

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-11 14:44:09

I wanted to see if time + effort = a better picture. I think the answer is yes. I've been working on this for two days now; I made it in photoshop with my mouse.

My

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-12 18:42:23

Feedback please! Is my work worth continuing? Or is my thread doomed? I just started drawing freehand in photoshop recently, IT WILL GET BETTER I PROMISE!

Response to My "art" thread 2008-07-14 13:33:58

I thought I would post the steps it took to make my last picture. I save in about ten different files when I make something just incase I want to go back and change it at any point. As you can see I started him out on a highway, it was going to be a dead body. I couldn't get that to look right so I changed it.

My