00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Satan (Ink)

1,071 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Satan (Ink) 2008-07-01 16:09:59

Really tried to work hard on this, it took me too long, and the shadows aren't to my liking.

But there you are... Satan.

Satan (Ink)

Check out the mother load account! vsmaximus.deviantart.com

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-01 17:07:34

the nose, eyes, and mouth are messed up, also the head shape and bone structure is all wrong and it all seems a bit flat. you need more practice, also you should check out some anatomy books.

oh and btw keep all of your art in one thread. k? making a new thread for every drawing is a waste of space.

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-01 17:14:51

With all the criss cross lines, it's hard to image it's a face.

Try looking at some anatomy books, and outline parts that need to stand out more, Ex; eyes, mouths, noses, and other things.

BBS Signature

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-01 17:19:29

WOW!

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-01 18:03:59

its not shaded with enough detail

You are what you create

My sketch thread

BBS Signature

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-02 01:03:11

Oh sweat Jesus!

<a>

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-02 21:07:52

At 7/1/08 05:14 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: With all the criss cross lines, it's hard to image it's a face.

Try looking at some anatomy books, and outline parts that need to stand out more, Ex; eyes, mouths, noses, and other things.

You mean cross-shading? Yeah, it was a slop job the whole way through, it looked a lot better in pencil.

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-02 21:22:02

At 7/1/08 05:07 PM, UMREE wrote: the nose, eyes, and mouth are messed up, also the head shape and bone structure is all wrong and it all seems a bit flat. you need more practice, also you should check out some anatomy books.

oh and btw keep all of your art in one thread. k? making a new thread for every drawing is a waste of space.

yep, that's pretty much what I was gonna say, but there's no point in posting the same advice over and over.

My Art thread / My DA account or just click my sig pic.

Beastiality is WAAYYYYY against park regulations, but YIFFY is ok

BBS Signature

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-02 22:56:41

At 7/2/08 01:03 AM, DontLikeYou wrote: Oh sweat Jesus!

jesus just ran a marathon and is indeed very sweaty

BBS Signature

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-03 07:30:27

Never draw lines on the side of the nose, or the nostrils. We can only see these features because of lighting and shadow, so use subtle shadows to hint at the nose.
Remember: Artists cheat. If you can get away with less, do so.

Unless you think satan is black (you fucking racist) his lips are too big. Males have little upper lip at all.

His eyes... Not good. "Less is more" can apply a lot of the time, but those eyes are just shadows. Reminds me of MGS1, fix em up.

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-03 08:03:08

If you tried to make an evil devil guy they idea sure didn't worked out.First of all you don't know how to make shadows and you don't know how to draw human face parts.Sow i recommend you to take some tutorials and you can find some on deviantART.

Sow for the bigging try to draw something like this!
||
||
||
\/

Satan (Ink)

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-03 12:48:36

At 7/3/08 08:03 AM, Frox1k wrote: Sow for the bigging try to draw something like this!
||
||
||
\/

try not drawing something like that. its a waste of time, practice drawing hands and crumpled up pieces of paper, trust me your shading and drawing skill will improve dramatically.

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-05 13:43:40

At 7/3/08 07:30 AM, ismellarat wrote: Never draw lines on the side of the nose, or the nostrils. We can only see these features because of lighting and shadow, so use subtle shadows to hint at the nose.
Remember: Artists cheat. If you can get away with less, do so.

Unless you think satan is black (you fucking racist) his lips are too big. Males have little upper lip at all.

His eyes... Not good. "Less is more" can apply a lot of the time, but those eyes are just shadows. Reminds me of MGS1, fix em up.

I was actually planning on making Satan white and God black... just seems fitting I suppose. Thanks!

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-05 13:45:48

At 7/2/08 10:23 PM, TrippingMetal wrote: Needs more definite shading, like where you've already shaded under his horns, and such, just make the center fade into totally darkness. That would make it stand out a little more, in my opinion.

Thanks I'll be sure to do that next time.

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-13 09:03:38

may hell take you for doing that drawing!

Response to Satan (Ink) 2008-07-13 13:29:56

At 7/2/08 09:07 PM, VSmaximus wrote: You mean cross-shading? Yeah, it was a slop job the whole way through, it looked a lot better in pencil.

i dont see how you can make something look better by having it in pencil... if its the same drawing then the shading'll look like you just scribbled all over it.. which is all i see.

sorry to be so critical :'(