00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LimeIsHere just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art and whatnot.

72,561 Views | 432 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 05:14:13

Yeah, it means something if you really don't think about it.

Yes, oxymoron - no not really.

C&C pl0x?

Flash, mouse, an hour I should've been doing my 3 major assignments. Woo me.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 05:17:11

It's looking really good but the kneepatch on his left leg is placed way too high.

"What kind of idiot would quote himself" - Gatling

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 06:39:32

It looks good... I don't really like the red out line that you drew, But it still looks pretty cool...

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 08:30:19

great style, just work on the body a bit more. as people have said the anatomy needs work in places.

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 21:44:08

Thanks guys - Here's another.

It's one of those guys from the security ward... Y'know, with the nets when a crazy guy escapes. Just incase you were thinking it was a butterfly catcher or something.

And here's a bigger / the original version.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 21:52:52

nice style, but why does the net have the next soowsh/swing effect when it doesnt look swung, its good but just kind of gives you the impression he swung the net but he didnt (other wise the net wouldnt be like flat and down towards gravity it would still be swingin a bit. But it still looks preety neat

Boom

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 22:07:30

At 6/14/08 09:52 PM, DarkHabit wrote: why does the net have the next soowsh/swing effect when it doesnt look swung,

It's not a 'swoosh' effect. Look at the red separately.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 22:31:16

correct me if i'm wrong, but your trying to convey him as a grim reaper?
Anyways, I like the first one a bit better, but I think they're both cool. Keep at it!

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 22:43:35

At 6/14/08 09:44 PM, Kuoke wrote: Thanks guys - Here's another.
It's one of those guys from the security ward... Y'know, with the nets when a crazy guy escapes. Just incase you were thinking it was a butterfly catcher or something.
And here's a bigger / the original version.

Now that is awesome.
Love the way it look's like he has a scythe

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 22:49:37

O nice, you made it look scythe like on purpose? either way its cool

Boom

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-14 22:52:16

At 6/14/08 10:31 PM, FingerFactor wrote: correct me if i'm wrong, but your trying to convey him as a grim reaper?

I WILL NOT CORRECT YOU THEN. >=O
The whole point of the picture is to say that they're alike. (The reaper, and the mental facility security)
As well as the name 'The difference is Canny", which is a reference to the phrase "The difference is Uncanny" - which means surreal, or extraordinarily eerie. So the "...canny" would be that it's blatantly obvious / common.

Dum de dum de dum.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-22 06:02:36

So I noticed how very much I hate (more like dislike actually...) vegetarians.
I have a 'vegetables in kitchen horror movie' on my 'to-do' list for my Flashes.

THINK ABOUT THE VEGETABLES!!!

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-28 00:00:52

I actually drew this one by hand. Then I traced / coloured with Flash etc etc etc.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-28 01:45:23

I was supposed to post this before "blight of the reaper"... but DAMN YOU WIRELESS INTERNET.

C&C pl0x? I need +self-esteem =(

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-28 10:50:44

Oooo, you have a nice style.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-28 11:36:19

At 6/28/08 10:50 AM, SkySausage wrote: Oooo, you have a nice style.

I agree, his style really sticks out. It's amazing! Keep it up.

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-06-28 12:07:26

At 6/28/08 12:00 AM, Kuoke wrote: I actually drew this one by hand. Then I traced / coloured with Flash etc etc etc.

This one bothered me. Great drawing, but the female anatomy is off. Ex: The hips, and torso.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-08-25 06:50:37

And after 2 months of doing jack shit, I bothered to draw something.
I drew this in class. When I started, people were like "Hey, that's just scribble."
Boy, did I prove them wrong!

I'm very lonely.

Mega ultra high .swf quality version.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-08-25 07:01:36

These look pretty good. Dig the scribble style, but im not to fond of the red outlines on some of them either.

Evil spelled backwards is Live and we all want to do that now don't we.

Deny the big lie, don't beLIEve and don't conform.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-08-26 03:47:19

Curse your red line haters!

The pictures would be kind of pointless without the red outlines (Maybe only the second one) but you're entitled to your own opinion.

I challenged my friend to a monster drawing contest within the span of the period. I think I won.
I'm thinking that it's sortof, mildly, not really based of Clover (.... From Cloverfield... Really...) but with feeding tubes on the neck - That's a person inside there, getting digested.

Anatomy irregular around the torso, and maybe the legs a little.

Semi ultra high def .swf version.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-08-26 13:41:17

At 6/28/08 12:00 AM, Kuoke wrote: I actually drew this one by hand. Then I traced / coloured with Flash etc etc etc.

Good work so far, this is my fav of yours. Though I did expect a slightly bigger scythe, and maybe it shouldnt be so much unfocused, but great nevertheless!

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-08-28 03:30:03

My friend drew a tree. So I decided to turn it into a monster.

I think my work looks better to me 'cause I draw them without my glasses. It makes all the colours merge into something more awesome.

A not really at all enlarged .swf version.
You can see my friends original masterpiece in the .swf as well.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-10-01 05:05:32

Is reviving my old thread better than creating a whole new one?

So for reasons unexplained, I started drawing some skimpy pictures, and my friends like "Those females look horrid *links to drawing females tutorial*".
Now, I see nothing wrong with my proportions, and whether he was joking, I'll not be certain.
So Newgrounds, how are my female anatomy drawing skills?
And just for kicks, she's a pirate.

Quick, someone make a joke about how I'm asking Newgrounders what a female looks like!

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-10-01 11:05:59

Looking good, not bad. Some room for improvement, but then again who doesn't need to improve?

: devArt :

The Emperor Protects.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-10-01 11:12:57

only major thing is her waist is a bit too skinny, other then that everythings fine

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-10-08 07:26:15

At 10/1/08 11:05 AM, Comrade-K-rad wrote: Looking good, not bad. Some room for improvement, but then again who doesn't need to improve?

And still humans still strive for perfection.

Oxymoron?

So I was actually intending to draw a crazed, deformed version of myself, but it ended up turning into one of those tooth fairies from Hellboy 2... Oddly enough.

Just with a tad of alteration.

So I'm considering doing this scribble style of mine for my major artwork in 2 years time. Y'know, just for the hell of it. See if I get good marks or not.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-10-08 22:22:00

At 6/14/08 08:30 AM, MindChamber wrote: great style, just work on the body a bit more. as people have said the anatomy needs work in places.

^What MC said

f

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-10-18 02:49:59

I think this drawing's pretty good. It's a spire/tower thingy that, due to either horrid architecture or just bad location, has faulted onto a slant, and is now supported by pylons.
There are no windows. Just one door, which leads to a staircase. This staircase leads to the rooftop.
And on the rooftop is really poorly drawn blood. Blood that floods the topmost floor, and spills off and down the spire.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I dreamt this, and I was at the top killing people. Yeah, I'm not fucked up in the mind at all.

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-10-18 03:23:37

that pic is.. depressingly awesome LoL wow u really dreamed about that? hmmmm... *Glares* XD

BBS Signature

Response to Art and whatnot. 2008-10-18 04:44:50

At 10/18/08 03:23 AM, Mydnite wrote: that pic is.. depressingly awesome LoL wow u really dreamed about that? hmmmm... *Glares* XD

Hahah, yeah. What's worse is a majority of my dreams are based in this arid wasteland.

Note the spire in the background.

Full image [.swf]

Art and whatnot.

BBS Signature