00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread

10,466 Views | 117 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-07-13 17:14:47

At 7/1/08 05:09 PM, Midian wrote: That aura suits her well. What tools did you use to make it?

Just the brush and liquify tool.

Same goth girl, updated look. Finally, something that isn't standing stiff. Once again, sorry about the effortless excuse for a background.
Larger version

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-07-13 20:52:45

At 7/13/08 05:14 PM, AlexanderTheInsane wrote:
Same goth girl, updated look.

What does the arabic say?

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-07-13 22:18:36

At 7/13/08 08:52 PM, Kurofelis wrote: What does the arabic say?

The red font is her name, "Alexandra Ayasha." What she's saying is "Get over here..." It's in Arabic because the character is part Lebanese.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-07-24 21:53:29

In retrospect, I could have worked on the clothing texture a bit.
Larger version.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-07-25 01:35:01

Bugs me seeing people rip on someones work because it isn't anatomically correct, they obviously have no clue what "art" is about,

You have great style, I especially like the assortment of faces among the first few posts. Lots of character in them, and varied expression. Your interpretations of the human form seem relaxed in your own style, nothing awkward. Nice work-

BBS Signature

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-07-25 06:08:20

At 7/25/08 01:35 AM, korded wrote: Bugs me seeing people rip on someones work because it isn't anatomically correct, they obviously have no clue what "art" is about,

People have different interpretations of art. Some think it's all about anatomy and proportions, while others believe it's more about which tools the artist used to draw with. I mostly care about what is drawn rather than how it's drawn; I like to hear what kind of stories are in the artwork. Drawings that "express one's emotions" also seem to interest me. I probably think that way because I'm also a writer.

But yeah, I see what you mean. Someone draws something cartoony, and someone else says the anatomy is horrible and looks nothing like how a real person should look. It may be their opinion, but that doesn't mean they have the right act like a dickhead. Unless if the person they were criticizing was as unskillful as this and was acting conceited, then by all means he/she should deserve such harsh criticism.

You have great style, I especially like the assortment of faces among the first few posts. Lots of character in them, and varied expression. Your interpretations of the human form seem relaxed in your own style, nothing awkward. Nice work-

Thanks!

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-01 21:19:47

More action compared to the other ones.
Larger version

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-17 01:05:54

Long story short: I got Flash running again for the first time in over a year. My drawings won't look so choppy anymore and coloring them in will be much easier.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-17 01:13:42

This one might not be as good as the others, but at least it's not a girl. It was the first thing I drew after I got Flash working again.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-17 23:15:06

Another redesign with Flash.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-17 23:20:27

Well, this is a first...
High quality version

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-18 09:18:34

At 7/1/08 02:30 PM, AlexanderTheInsane wrote: I was tempted to color the rest of her in. Hopefully next time, the creasings will be added.
Larger version

this one turned out to be really good

If olive oil is made from olives, then what is baby oil made from?

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-18 09:39:47

OMG Lilith! You freaking got my attentenion! Draw more so i can comment on some new stuff instead of the old ones! ;P

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-19 13:58:51

It took a few days just to get the body proportions the way I wanted them to, and over an hour to color it in using Flash and Photoshop, but it was probably worth it. Before that though, I had a hard time finding reference pics; most of the stuff I found were two extremes, until a few days ago I remembered some characters that weren't always so extreme (pic 1, pic 2).

High Quality version

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-19 15:05:15

I had about her in school once. Following the Tora, shes the first female, she was made before Eva, but she was evil, and was banished from Eden. In exile she gave birth to demons, the succubus and iccabus, the female and male demons. The Succubus was then, following a mix of religion and folklore the mares (as in nightmare) Which rides sleeping people chests, and create night mares...

Guess its better than just saying bump... any ways nice picture, i dunno why, but theres just something about that muscular body that makes her look human, in some way... ohwell

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-20 01:28:13

One more chibi redesign.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-29 16:55:16

Another redesign using flash...
Larger version

... and a quick doodle.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-30 16:13:42

I feel like no one's posting because you said you wanted detailed criticism.

Also, the outlining looks much nicer.

|

BBS Signature

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-30 16:48:16

At 8/30/08 04:13 PM, Midian wrote: I feel like no one's posting because you said you wanted detailed criticism.

Critique quantity usually doesn't mean much. I'd be better off with a few "Head and arms are a little lopsided. They should look more like this..." instead of 20 pages of "Work on __________."

Also, the outlining looks much nicer.

Thanks.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-08-31 16:18:52

Her hair didn't feel to flow right around the lower back area in the older version; same for the bottom of her skirt.
Larger version

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-14 03:32:26

Except for the front cloth, everything below the waist would've been pretty much the same.
Larger version

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-14 04:20:36

Yes, it's the same "Lilith" as that demon looking character.
Larger version

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-14 17:52:23

At 8/20/08 03:00 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: The artwork in your style has really changed over alot since 2006. Some of the drawings kind of show like a akira Toriyama at times.

The styles in most of my early work were pretty unoriginal. The drawings that looked like Toriyama's style were actually intentional. They were for some lame fan fic I quit working on several months ago.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-16 03:17:12

Just a preview of what I'm working on next. I still have to draw the other parts of clothing, as well as shading and eye detail. The only new feature I've added so far was a little pentagram insignia on the medallion holding her dress and unfinished cape.

There's another thing that's been bugging me; about her demon tail. Would it be better if I keep it hidden underneath her dress?

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-16 22:01:59

Sorry for skipping this one.

At 8/19/08 03:05 PM, Blasphemare wrote: I had about her in school once. Following the Tora, shes the first female, she was made before Eva, but she was evil, and was banished from Eden. In exile she gave birth to demons, the succubus and iccabus, the female and male demons. The Succubus was then, following a mix of religion and folklore the mares (as in nightmare) Which rides sleeping people chests, and create night mares...

I've learned that the names of her daughters were called the "Lilin" (singular: "Lili").

Guess its better than just saying bump... any ways nice picture, i dunno why, but theres just something about that muscular body that makes her look human, in some way... ohwell

I think it's because she doesn't have wings.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-17 02:53:22

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-21 02:21:28

My first two-person drawing in almost five years.
Larger/High Quality version

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-21 17:09:03

At 9/21/08 02:21 AM, AlexanderTheInsane wrote: My first two-person drawing in almost five years.

That looks precious! Not very common for a male NG user, but it's still cute.

BBS Signature

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-09-23 05:05:17

Redesign of the one from page 1.

*THIS ACCOUNT HAS MOVED*

Response to Alexandertheinsan e's Art Thread 2008-10-04 00:40:23

At 9/17/08 12:41 PM, Kagoe wrote: I think the tall and skinny is hawt!!

_ ~
o.O
I didn't know people still had a thing for super-flat.

At 9/23/08 05:05 AM, AlexanderTheInsane wrote: Redesign of the one from page 1.

I like the improvements. :)

BBS Signature