00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dexxterzlab just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stick Showdown Collab #3

40,572 Views | 1,282 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 12:41:10

Real Name

Birthpalce

Likes/Hobbies

Comments

Survival | Coming Soon to a Newgrounds Portal near you!

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 12:43:48

and I need MEntertainment's BIO

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 12:56:53

At 8/29/08 12:41 PM, SHOQ wrote: Real Name

Birthpalce

Likes/Hobbies

Comments

KingKombat
Birthplace: New York
Likes/Hobbies: Hacking Pokémon, hacking Super Mario 64, playing Brawl.
Comments: When i originally created the thread for SSC 1, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I had no idea how i should put the parts, all I knew was that I wanted it to be cool. Now, I'm glad at what it's turned out to be.

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 13:47:54

At 8/28/08 02:18 PM, zedd56 wrote: really sorry man, but your part was kinda bad

i no but it tuk about 3 mints and fofin said he liket it
and its no finishet

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 14:19:29

idk what to say.

The Menu.fla file is over 10MB.. (The Maximum amount allowed to send through g-mail, hotmail, or any other mailing service. Its actaully about 70MB. 0.0

Note to Farfen:
Can we skip the "Parts" feature this time? The file is big enough as it is, and it would be hard for you to make the buttons link to everyone's part, especially if you decide to mix our parts away from each other which would be better.

I need MEntertainment's BIO. For the sake of easing the process, could you limit the members to what we have now? =\ I know it kinda sucks, but the changing in the MENU is possible, but unnecessary extra work for me. Just have the people we have now make enough parts to make he collab as full as possible.

I always come up with a worst case scenario suggestion so that nothing ever becomes impossible. Worst case scenario, you send me each part, which would be smaller than 10mb each, and I'll set everything up, compress it to a .swf, and send the smaller file back to you, ready to be posted on NG.

And I need to tell you more things in case we manage to get the MENU in your hands.

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 16:10:40

Somewhere lost in the vast depths of retardedness in my mind, i hold the solution to your max file size issue.

And here it is:
Compress the fla's. I use winrar, it's totally free (thers a nag screen, but u simply press close), it's simple to use, it's really small and it's not like other program that take up to a full 15secs to start up; it's almost instantaneous. Also, the program has got shell integration, so you don't even have to open the main program interface. You simply right click on the folder you wish to compress, and hit the button that has the winrar logo next to it saying "Add to (name of folder).rar" and once you hit it, it starts compressing right away.

This way, you should be able to get a good 5-10 .fla's sent in a single e-mail, rather than just 2-3.

On other notes:
@Anveer: don't worry about it man, if it took you 3 mins then w/e. It's not that bad anyways, im just saying i know you could have done better. But then again, so could i........ effort is for people with will power lawl

@kingkombat: lolz thanks man :D. I thought the speeddemon one was sloppier than the others, but every time i watch it, and i see the combo meter, i lol myself. XD
yes, im retarded like that.

@shoq: awesome man, sounds good. Also, could you add this part to the comments section of my bio (sorry :S):
I am a lazy bastard, but some would say im pretty fun/cool to hang around with. My sense of humor is deranged (not in a gay/disgusting/whatever else sort of way, just really random/retarded), but luckily so is all my friends', so i can still make them laugh :P. I'm fun-loving, random, pretty smart but i act a lot dumber than i am (i love how only my best of friends realize this, because most people but them don't get to see me in my srs mode....), and my only goal in the flash world right now is to practice enough to be inhouse at shiftlimits. -Cheers, Zedd56 :D

@Everybody else in the collab: buttsecks?

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 16:17:04

At 8/29/08 04:10 PM, zedd56 wrote: Somewhere lost in the vast depths of retardedness in my mind, i hold the solution to your max file size issue.

And here it is:
Compress the fla's. I use winrar, it's totally free (thers a nag screen, but u simply press close), it's simple to use, it's really small and it's not like other program that take up to a full 15secs to start up; it's almost instantaneous. Also, the program has got shell integration, so you don't even have to open the main program interface. You simply right click on the folder you wish to compress, and hit the button that has the winrar logo next to it saying "Add to (name of folder).rar" and once you hit it, it starts compressing right away.

I forgot to say the part that would actually help you LOL
winrar has a feature where you can split a compressed file into multiple files. So when you're compressing the menu of 70mb, chances are it will still be 20-40mb (depending on file types... archiving is weird, some file types are more 'compressable' than others...) so you still won't be able to send it.
Example:
if the archived menu.fla is still 25 mb, you can re-archive it with a special setting to split it into 9.5mb files. (i know the max is 10mb, but use 9.5 to avoid problems). So when you zip it NOW, you will get three files.
Menu.r01 (9.5mb), Menu.r02 (9.5mb), and Menu.r03 (the remainder, 6mb)
This cuts down your 25 emails for all the parts down to 3 emails, and this way all the menu is still organized and in-tact.

This is without a doubt the #1 solution to your problems.

**when you are un-archiving the files, make sure they are all in the same folder (just put em on the desktop or something) and then right click on Menu.r01 or it might be Menu.r00 (common sense, the lowest number, lol) and hit extract to Menu, then it will automatically extract from all three files into a folder called menu that should have menu.fla inside of it.

-Cheers, Zedd56

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 17:12:22

Maybe we should check the .swf as that's a the compressed movie. But i'm sure if the movie is good enough, maybe Tom will let it slide. It's happened before. Just try PMing Tom.

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 17:51:38

do i realy need to reply to everything all you guys just said?! i have a policy in this collab to reply to all questions and suggestions...BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH expect my reply in like half an hour

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 18:10:11

i want everyone who is part of this collab to read this realy long post plz. it has alot of solutions,suggestions,new rules...and alot of extra stuff i wrote this for a reason ;)

At 8/29/08 05:12 PM, KingKombat wrote: Maybe we should check the .swf as that's a the compressed movie. But i'm sure if the movie is good enough, maybe Tom will let it slide. It's happened before. Just try PMing Tom.

im not pm'ing tom yet! our OBJECTIVE is to not have it be a igh file size. think about it. if we have a SUPER HUGE FILE SIZE the people watching it would get to bored and in effect leave before its even 1/8 loaded! we cant give up yet! give it time ;)

At 8/29/08 02:19 PM, SHOQ wrote: idk what to say.

The Menu.fla file is over 10MB.. (The Maximum amount allowed to send through g-mail, hotmail, or any other mailing service. Its actaully about 70MB. 0.0

Note to Farfen:
Can we skip the "Parts" feature this time? The file is big enough as it is, and it would be hard for you to make the buttons link to everyone's part, especially if you decide to mix our parts away from each other which would be better.

I need MEntertainment's BIO. For the sake of easing the process, could you limit the members to what we have now? =\ I know it kinda sucks, but the changing in the MENU is possible, but unnecessary extra work for me. Just have the people we have now make enough parts to make he collab as full as possible.

I always come up with a worst case scenario suggestion so that nothing ever becomes impossible. Worst case scenario, you send me each part, which would be smaller than 10mb each, and I'll set everything up, compress it to a .swf, and send the smaller file back to you, ready to be posted on NG.

And I need to tell you more things in case we manage to get the MENU in your hands.

sure why not its not like its the end of the world if we dont have a scene selection. i was thinking...could yo u take out the music? it might be the problem. i think we only need 2 songs in this collab.. that or just have one song go through the entire menu. (iv delt wit hthei kinda stuff alot of times before ;)

At 8/29/08 12:43 PM, SHOQ wrote: and I need MEntertainment's BIO

ill try to talk to him later im kinda at my grandmas house right now :P

At 8/29/08 12:39 PM, KingKombat wrote:
At 8/29/08 12:18 PM, SHOQ wrote: I'll Make Kombat a BIO, write one though.

I won't put quitters.

I'll Put collaboratin cast at the bottom in smaller letters than the other specs , which will be at the top.

I'd love to help with a t-shirt, but I'll say if I bought it I probably wouldn't ever wear it out. >=P
(I'll still help with it, and MAYBE buy one.)
I think SHOQ should make the design, looking at the menu he made. The designs there were great. And farfenwaffle, too. Also, what's they layout for the bio? can't remember.

i might TRY to make a design. i just hope everyone whos going to try to make a design reads those notes about my limitations for shirts D:

At 8/29/08 12:19 PM, SHOQ wrote: oh and fuzzy's still in?

yeha he made a part already so jsut have a sad stick guy for his bio :(

At 8/29/08 12:18 PM, SHOQ wrote: I'll Make Kombat a BIO, write one though.

I won't put quitters.

I'll Put collaboratin cast at the bottom in smaller letters than the other specs , which will be at the top.

I'd love to help with a t-shirt, but I'll say if I bought it I probably wouldn't ever wear it out. >=P
(I'll still help with it, and MAYBE buy one.)

glad somone cares :P well heres the rules about making the t-shirt, please make it a stencil D: i realy dont want to spend the next week cutting out lots and lots and lots of individual stencils. TRY to make each color a differant layer and make sure each layer is a stencil, if there is a part you cant make a stencil please tell me and ill try to cope with it :P. i dont have a realy fancy screen printing set but i have all the materials nessisary for stencil shirts

At 8/29/08 12:08 PM, KingKombat wrote: you know, just saying zedd i think your parts have to be the funniest. i lol'd at speeddemon.

yeah, when indeed you are in need. medical walrus is here to help :D

At 8/29/08 06:16 AM, zedd56 wrote:
We need four more parts???
Well i think i could do maybe another three or so
LMFAO just kidding
that would be quite ridiculous.
BUT, you know what's NOT too ridiculous?
if you guys pm'd some users that didn't show signs of quitting earlier on and asked them to do a SECOND part.
I joined kinda late so i don't know many people who were in this collab.....

I think that would be the easiest way to finish and release this. No, wait... the EASIEST way to finish this would be to change the fps to 19 so the song ends faster o_o hahaha

Not many people are checking out this thread, so i think we should just keep it local now and try to get help from people already in the collab, rather than relying on people to join now, and they probably won't.....

okay 1. iv already tryed asking almost everyone privately about the parts and making a second one and stuff but most of the time "they dont have enough time"

lol you are not doing another part youve already made enough >:U

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 18:16:13

oh, i forgot. shoQ another idea is that you not filter rape the menu :\ i noticed that one little thing. another thing is maby you dont have to make the WHOLE menu it might be a good idea if you just send me one thing at a time too... i like making preloaders :3 and i dont want some generic newgrounds preloader especially since its going on some other websites. why not you just send me the menu now so i can finish it then i double check it with you guys then i put in in ssc3 so far :3 good idea or what?

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 19:34:57

I'll send you the compressed .rar file of the menu with the PL cut out, so you can do it. I'll remove the other song if its a must, and make sure you make an action or behaviour after the movie leading directly to the frame where the credits start. :)

I'm pretty excited for the new collab. We're bringing this baby up to SS10 (JK).

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 20:54:31

I'm so damn excited about this.
I think we need Flash Ads. FOR SURE!

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 21:42:20

At 8/29/08 07:34 PM, SHOQ wrote: I'll send you the compressed .rar file of the menu with the PL cut out, so you can do it. I'll remove the other song if its a must, and make sure you make an action or behaviour after the movie leading directly to the frame where the credits start. :)

I'm pretty excited for the new collab. We're bringing this baby up to SS10 (JK).

lol k but does this RAR file maker..thingy cost moneys? because ill need a link so ican open them up

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 21:44:34

At 8/29/08 08:54 PM, KingKombat wrote: I'm so damn excited about this.

erm...im kinda hesitant about the flash ads but HOW WILL WE SPLIT TEH MONEYS?! i mean were going to get like 100$ at the most and theres is like 15 people who are in lol

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 22:34:59

At 8/29/08 09:44 PM, farfenwaffle wrote:
At 8/29/08 08:54 PM, KingKombat wrote: I'm so damn excited about this.
erm...im kinda hesitant about the flash ads but HOW WILL WE SPLIT TEH MONEYS?! i mean were going to get like 100$ at the most and theres is like 15 people who are in lol

i'll ask someone...

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 23:08:48

At 8/29/08 10:34 PM, KingKombat wrote: i'll ask someone...

lol who would you ask?

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 23:23:03

Why are we getting carried away into making money. What happened to making flash for fun, and just simply seeing how people respond?

.rar or.zips are completely free. Google "rar download" and download it. I'll then send you the menu when its done with that,

once u get it, right click on the .rar and click extract here, and a folder wll prop down that contains the menu.fla

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 23:43:40

At 8/29/08 11:23 PM, SHOQ wrote: Why are we getting carried away into making money. What happened to making flash for fun, and just simply seeing how people respond?

.rar or.zips are completely free. Google "rar download" and download it. I'll then send you the menu when its done with that,

once u get it, right click on the .rar and click extract here, and a folder wll prop down that contains the menu.fla

hey man iv never made money from flash before im still kinda hesitant of it :\ besides im only 13 why would i want money very bad :3 i mean, i have my tablet and i have my computer and i have my internet. what else could i buy? and okay ill download it asap

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-29 23:54:38

ok, forget the ads. too confusing. but, should i tell you what the song suggestion is?

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 00:36:53

At 8/29/08 11:54 PM, KingKombat wrote: ok, forget the ads. too confusing. but, should i tell you what the song suggestion is?

dident you already send it... how about i get your opinions on it

lol

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 01:09:04

ehhh, dragonforce? i dont reaaaaallly agree with that... hmm how about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riBr675Xg WA&feature=related

i think that would suit it pretty well.

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 01:14:19

honestly i didn't like the music all that much...
we need an epic song with an extremely high bpm....

Oh and i KNOW that's not 25 parts D:
lawl

as for the file size, how the fuck did a menu with 2 songs get up to be 70mb anyways??????

anyways...
oh and i feel so dumb about this, but for the fourth part i sent farfen, i forgot to do this; i had my flash's bg set to black, but i forgot that the collab bg is white.. so can you simply make another layer in my fourth .fla underneath all other layers and please just draw a big black rectangle around the stage?
PLZ??
lawl thnx in advance :D

The menu looks epic :D

Lookin good guys, but still i have problems with the music selection...... and it felt really weird that some parts were really slow and others were really fast... it kinda destroys the mood, and theres no real midpoint.

Also, it was significant that all the animators were at a different skill level, which i thought was weird

oh and @ farfen: damn you HAVE improved hahaha

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 01:21:28

i forgot a few things

1- the sounds start to lag majorly late into the flash.
2- check sound export settings and bring 'em down a bit for filesiez decrease
3- lulz do each of the artist's sticks lead to their bio's? Im just guessing, cuz i see my red guy im like yey, wait they're all buttons :o
4- stopallsounds issue... replay the movie = FUCK'D sound.

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 02:10:49

At 8/30/08 01:14 AM, zedd56 wrote: honestly i didn't like the music all that much...
we need an epic song with an extremely high bpm....

Oh and i KNOW that's not 25 parts D:

anyways...
oh and i feel so dumb about this, but for the fourth part i sent farfen, i forgot to do this; i had my flash's bg set to black, but i forgot that the collab bg is white.. so can you simply make another layer in my fourth .fla underneath all other layers and please just draw a big black rectangle around the stage?
PLZ??
lawl thnx in advance :D

The menu looks epic :D

Lookin good guys, but still i have problems with the music selection...... and it felt really weird that some parts were really slow and others were really fast... it kinda destroys the mood, and theres no real midpoint.

Also, it was significant that all the animators were at a different skill level, which i thought was weird

oh and @ farfen: damn you HAVE improved hahaha

okay first off: i know the music dosent fit :'( i realy need help finding music that goes with all the parts thats why out of boredom fit the best :3

its not 25 parts its 22 parts :P

oh sorry about the background thing :P i kinda like it like that tho but ill try ;)

and bla bla bla about the skill levels and the parts being to fast or too slow well i cant do anything about that now :D that MIGHT be why no music fits well

do i have to break out the silent version >:U i will if no one helps with the music lol jk

and thats not the official menu in the preview lawl! thats some preloader i slaped together in 30 seconds :P

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 02:13:56

At 8/30/08 01:21 AM, zedd56 wrote: i forgot a few things

1- the sounds start to lag majorly late into the flash.
2- check sound export settings and bring 'em down a bit for filesiez decrease
3- lulz do each of the artist's sticks lead to their bio's? Im just guessing, cuz i see my red guy im like yey, wait they're all buttons :o
4- stopallsounds issue... replay the movie = FUCK'D sound.

lolololol dude your stick isint in that preloader :P i havent updated that preloader since like a month ago lol :D

the sound lagging isint my fault :P jsut turn the quality down and see if it still happens :D

why did you replay the movie? lol last time i checked i had it right :(

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 02:16:19

so i think we should take juust a quick poll. which song do you guys vote on?

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 02:19:03

At 8/30/08 02:16 AM, KingKombat wrote: so i think we should take juust a quick poll. which song do you guys vote on?

wait i need the mp3/wma download for that other one before we even consider putting it in D:

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 05:01:18

At 8/30/08 02:19 AM, farfenwaffle wrote:
At 8/30/08 02:16 AM, KingKombat wrote: so i think we should take juust a quick poll. which song do you guys vote on?
wait i need the mp3/wma download for that other one before we even consider putting it in D:

when are u sumiting the collab

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-08-30 09:27:41

arjun ur getting on my nerves
instead of asking when we're gonna release over and over and fucking over again

try to help out D:<

anyways, yeah i didn't expect to run into so many last minute problems...
oh and that stick looked a lot like mine lol
probably didn't to u guys because i was animating differently in the collab
but usually, my sticks look a lot like that...

anyways, i'll troll places for musics D: