00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Radio Podcast Club

21,065 Views | 311 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-06-27 16:29:56

At 4/24/08 11:59 AM, LakeWonder wrote: cool idea got any music hunter spots open

Hey LakeWonder, it's me Stolkmen5000 (Jack Stotler). Just wanted to say that I'd be willing to be on NG radio so do what you need to. I'm on everyday so go for it. If you need my approval you got it.

JJRStolkmen5000

Stolkmen shall rule this world once and for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAH! Oh I hope I didn't say that out loud

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-06-27 17:15:19

At 6/27/08 12:12 PM, Ch1ll wrote: I'd love to do Pop lol:P Never really branched into that on NG haha.. so I'll do the pop part:P

Sounds Good... Although Pop is probably going to be the LAST one chosen, as others seem to pass it up in popularity... Still, never hurts to be ahead of the game...

At 6/27/08 02:50 PM, Tatsu-Takahashi wrote: Okay Mister LakeWonder here told me I should check you guys out. So What's up now? Anything you need from me?

Well, i'll elaborate on that in a bit.. For now, the biggest thing that you could do is promote this site in anyway possible.. Post here, tell your NG friends, tell your real-life friends, whatever.

Another easy way to promote it is to use the my sig picture, and link to www.newgroundsradio.com

At 6/27/08 04:29 PM, Stolkmen5000 wrote:
At 4/24/08 11:59 AM, LakeWonder wrote: cool idea got any music hunter spots open
Hey LakeWonder, it's me Stolkmen5000 (Jack Stotler). Just wanted to say that I'd be willing to be on NG radio so do what you need to. I'm on everyday so go for it. If you need my approval you got it.

JJRStolkmen5000

Well, depending on your equipment/time you want to spend/ abilities, i'm sure we could find a spot. So, i bounce back a question to you. What do YOU think you can do for us? Even if it seems rediculous, we can only benifit from different ideas being thrown up in the air.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-06-30 04:20:53

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 17828 Well I don't know for sure if this one is appropiate?XD Could you please check it out, because I think it might be a littttttlleeee to suggestive. XD I have some other songs on my list already, I'll post it in a few moments.

'Alex

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-06-30 10:40:28

At 6/27/08 04:29 PM, Stolkmen5000 wrote:

JJRStolkmen5000

that was like two months ago when i started as a music hunter and we just wanted your song im waitin for gozillarocks pm when he gets back on cept i forgot to pm contentlost ,

so gozilla can you foward those songs to her to see if she wants to use them

"They might forget what you said, but never how you made them feel"

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-01 12:35:52

At 6/30/08 04:20 AM, Ch1ll wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 17828 Well I don't know for sure if this one is appropiate?XD Could you please check it out, because I think it might be a littttttlleeee to suggestive. XD I have some other songs on my list already, I'll post it in a few moments.

'Alex

While i must admit that i HATED this song, and they used to play it at my work ALL THE TIME, i'm going to have to refuse this song for several reasons

1. Obvious suggestive themes. Even a 7 year old could tell that this songs pretty vulger

2. Multiple curse words, and they don't seem to be thrown in there for the music at all, they just seem to be there for shock value

3. He's only using someone else's beat, and singing over it (rather poorly, i might add)

4. He's getting VERY mixed reviews, which mean he's banking on the fact that people will like it simply because they don't like the Plain White T's...

This WOULD be good as one of those songs on a comedy morning talk show (I'm sure you guys have a local one, mine's called "Bob and Tom"), i can hardly take this as a song i would listen to more than once.

Sorry, but it's unfit because it's vulgar, little skill was involved, it just plains sounds bad, and he's using an angle for success instead of talent...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-01 12:40:07

All this being said, if you don't mind a LOT of language, i would still check it out... It gave me an inital kick, but lacks that everlasting punch-line.

This radio show is MOSTLY "PG" Rated, since i rarely curse, and i can't help the lyrics sometimes, but this is outta line..

Let's put it this way, i've advertised this show as "work safe". Could you imagine your boss listening to this, and still taking you seriously as a person? (If you can, you're one of the lucky ones...)

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-01 13:57:17

My grandmother past away over the weekend, and my show will be a day late due to me having havic with my whole family....

I'd have it out on time, had the day I went to do the show, I wouldn't of found out about her...

I'm apologizing ahead of time. It will be out Thursday however. That I promise.

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-01 16:41:44

At 6/27/08 02:50 PM, Tatsu-Takahashi wrote: Okay Mister LakeWonder here told me I should check you guys out. So What's up now? Anything you need from me?

not really i was just giving you our forum incase you wanted to know how it works

if your song gets picked you'll get full credit

"They might forget what you said, but never how you made them feel"

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-01 19:05:34

So scratch what I said earlier. I'll do my show tonight. And release it tomorrow. My plans didn't go as planned.

Breaking the Silence

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-02 14:00:29

love the radio

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-02 18:58:47

At 7/1/08 07:05 PM, ContentLost wrote: So scratch what I said earlier. I'll do my show tonight. And release it tomorrow. My plans didn't go as planned.

You plans for your unforseen plans had unforseen consequences?

Time paradox, I Say!!! *Plays theme to "The Twilight Zone"*

At 7/2/08 02:00 PM, 9331111 wrote: love the radio

Well, that's nice of you.. Maybe let me know why? I don't know if i'm doing something right unless ya tell me...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-02 20:42:16

Well, I have something big to mention.

I've considered adding people to NG Radio, notably two more people who may be interested in DJ'ing for the show...

What I'm basically going to be doing is doubling the amount of people, and cutting the frequency of the shows in half. Each person will do a show every TWO weeks instead of the weekly basis we have now...

That means that we'll have 4 people total, each one doing a show on either Sunday or Wednesday, and they'll make their show every two weeks.

ContentLost has said that she has found someone who would be willing to make another show, so that means that all we have to do is find another person.

Take into consideration that it will require a little bit of dedication, and a little bit of technology understanding. We'll teach how to do it, but you have to be a tad tech savy to start off with.

If you are interested in Hosting a show, please create a post on the NG Radio BBS thread with a link to a sound file with your audition. It doesn't have to be hosted on Newgrounds, but it could be.

Here's the requirements for the audition sound file

1.Must be over 20 seconds long, but no maximum limit

2.Announce your screen name at the beginning

3.Mention if you would like to do a

4. What equipment do you have (Mic, software you plan on using, other equipment)

5.What would be your edge, or what would you hope to add to make your show different than our's?

Do NOT Modify your voice in any way, even to take out background noise. This is supposed to show your voice, but that can't be done if you edit it

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-07 14:10:31

Yeah, Content Lost, just to let you know, your latest episode isn't working for some reason... I don't know why, but you might want to try reuploading it, since i can't even find the file anymore...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-11 14:26:57

I'm very sorry to say that I won't be able to help you with your Pop episode.. Unfortunately tomorrow, I'm going on holiday to Brittany in France for two weeks.. So.. I'm terribly sorry, but I can't help you with it:(

`Alex

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-11 14:47:22

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-12 04:56:51

At 7/11/08 02:47 PM, Ch1ll wrote: Ok.. So here are the songs I already found:

MilkManDan - When I Wake (ID:145390)

~Fall~ by Caleb (ID:116316)

Alex Sandford - Piano in the Rain(Studio) (ID:152466)

Dark Oasis - Pages of Time (ID:131698)

razzberri - It's Only Natural (ID:122394)

Well that does about it what I found:)

ttyl, in about 2 weeks:)

Take care,

`Alex

Well, thank you for the help, and this might be almost enough. It's also nice to get it out of the way ahead of time, to reduce the risk of "Running out" of satisfactory songs

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-13 12:50:09

Okay guys need a little HTML/Actionscript help if you can lend it.

If you've tried the buttons on the top banner, you'll see that they don't work. This is most likely because of a problem Embedding the flash into the HTML, or an actionscript problem when the flash was first created.

Please try to help me out on at

NG Flash Thread

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-16 13:22:19

I'd be very interested in DJing!

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-16 20:19:07

also, is it a daily thing?

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-16 21:22:25

At 7/16/08 01:22 PM, chucktownbluv wrote: I'd be very interested in DJing!

Well, please submit a sample of your voice, and post a link here! Trust me, i'm not too picky at this point, as only one other person has submitted a voice sample (via Email).

At 7/16/08 08:19 PM, chucktownbluv wrote: also, is it a daily thing?

Man, if i had to make one EVERYDAY, i think i would have gotten burned out on this REALLY quick...

FYI, the minimum ammount of time you would have to spend on this is about 1-2 hours every TWO weeks. This would include looking for the music, posting the music list to the blog, and actual production of the show. I would highly recomend posting the song list in the blog WHILE you look for music, as this saves the step of having to type it up later. You can just copy/ paste the Name/URL.

Currently, ContentLost and I are each producing one show every week. When we make the transition to 4 DJ's instead of 2, we'll change the schedule...

The schedule is that when we have 4 DJ's together, we'll have 2 mix shows, and 2 theme shows..

The mix shows will always be on Sunday, and the Theme shows will be on Wednesday.

It will go like this...

DJ 1= Mix
DJ 2= Mix
DJ 3= Theme
DJ 4= Theme

How a standard month will play out...

Week one= DJ 1 on Sunday, DJ 3 on Wednesday

Week two= DJ 2 on Sunday, DJ 4 on Wednesday

Week three= DJ 1 on Sunday, DJ 3 on Wednesday

Week Four= DJ 2 on Sunday, DJ 4 on Wednesday

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-16 22:55:01

that sounds cool. i've always wanted to do the radio thing. i will try to send you a sample tomorrow.

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-16 23:20:48

Just post it here if you get the chance...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-17 22:38:56

Hey Drogonian, if you still look at this forum (which you should still be doing...) i have a few things that i need to mention/ask you.

#1 Does that guy that you told me could possibly help with flash have a IM Screenname? It would be easier than Email..

#2 you asked when you should start doing YOUR show. Well, i need to show you how to upload the show, and add you as an admin on the blogspot blog. Also, i think that whoever ContentLost got needs to show up as well. I want to go directly from 2 to 4 DJ's...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-19 23:06:52

Hey, i recieved a PM from Vadnoise, and he stated this...

HI! FIRST a have to thank you for using my song ORGANIC TECHNOLOGY on your radio,because of that the number of listeners increased a lot .I submitted i new song its called DEEP ECHO i would like if you could check and see if you can use it in your radio,if you dont like... no problem,just give it a try. XD

i won't be able to put him in this week, but if someone else could find a fit for him next week, that would be appreciated...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-22 00:51:13

hey gorillazrock i have been listening to the podcast since the very first one came out and i would like to be a music hunter for the show so please respond

Ng radio is Awesome!

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-22 18:46:50

At 7/22/08 12:51 AM, darkrider12 wrote: hey gorillazrock i have been listening to the podcast since the very first one came out and i would like to be a music hunter for the show so please respond

Ng radio is Awesome!

Thanks for the loyalty, and thanks for in advance for being a music hunter.

It's that we have one, because it seems like all of our old music hunters haven't been posting much lately... (Except for Ch1ll)

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-23 22:36:46

You should puts this in the podcast it is called silver light

silver light

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-24 22:05:48

At 7/23/08 10:36 PM, darkrider12 wrote: You should puts this in the podcast it is called silver light

silver light

God DAMN that song kicked ass. I've listened to EON for a long while, but that song was just awsome.

Damn good song to start off your music hunting career.

Also, want to mention a few things...

I Believe that since my fellow DJ's have some many different themes going on, i'm going to be different, and stick to strictly mixes... That means that any song that is requested will most likely be on my show, unless it happens to fit into a genre that one of my fellow DJ's Happens upon.

If you haven't noticed, i've added a chatbox to the newgroundsradio page. you do NOT need to sign up for the service, all you need to do is type in your message, and then either post as annoymous, or a temp screenname... I'll try to post what i put on the BBS on there, but the BBS is still the most reputable source of info...

Lord Fenix released his first show. I'd suggest you guys go check it out.

As a small incentive to the music hunters, i'm going to keep track of HOW many songs the music hunters have given us so far. Only songs that have been posted on this thread will be counted.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-24 22:16:06

Okay, here are the Standings..

Music Hunters

*CH1LL (13 Songs)
* HugoVN (3 Songs)
* darkrider12 (1 Song)
* LakeWonder (2 Songs)

Wow, gratz to chill for cranking out the songs...

I hope to get more songs from everyone (Or at least those that are still around...)

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Radio Podcast Club 2008-07-26 11:54:15

Here is a good song it is new but pretty good

Jumpin Space