00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Code Geass Society

6,976 Views | 108 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-08-14 12:24:20

Shouldn´t this be in the anime club? I just finished watching the first season, i´ll join.

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-08-14 12:28:22

At 8/14/08 12:24 PM, DeIirium wrote: Shouldn´t this be in the anime club? I just finished watching the first season, i´ll join.

I´ll be Ganymede, since that´s the coolest Knightmare name.

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-08-14 14:13:22

At 8/14/08 12:14 PM, cyrusdachickmagnet wrote: they should have kept the 1st theme song =P

Yeah, definitely. Most of the other themes they use are just annoying, but the first one in R2 is painful.
"I continue to fight"? really? and in broken english no less... I think my ears are still bleeding.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-08-15 01:55:08

At 8/14/08 12:28 PM, DeIirium wrote:

On one hand, it's really old and weak. On the other hand, it can make giant pizzas. so... yeah, you're right.
*facepalm* now I wish I had thought of that! Oh, and if you haven't watched up to ep 18 of R2, do yourself a favor and do so. The entire season has twists and turns, but ep 18 has, I think, the biggest one.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-08-15 05:00:16

At 8/15/08 01:55 AM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 8/14/08 12:28 PM, DeIirium wrote:
On one hand, it's really old and weak. On the other hand, it can make giant pizzas. so... yeah, you're right.
*facepalm* now I wish I had thought of that! Oh, and if you haven't watched up to ep 18 of R2, do yourself a favor and do so. The entire season has twists and turns, but ep 18 has, I think, the biggest one.

I haven´t seen R2, i got done watching the first season a few days ago. I should get to it.

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-08-19 01:00:31

At 8/14/08 02:13 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
the other themes they use are just annoying,

After some thought, the most recent theme (World's End) isn't really bad, actually, it's pretty good. Anyways, ep 19 is up, and I have to say, I thought ep 18 was the best, but this just... wow. Ep 18 was epic, but really, ep 19 redefines epic. It was emotional, amazing, and backs my belief that Code Geass is the best anime out there.
And now something else needs to be said. Where the hell is everybody? It's been almost two weeks since anybody else posted besides the new blood. So really? Did you all just die? Or do I have something to do with this?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-08-21 17:56:03

.............so,.....how 'bout them Bears?

............................They suck. Ok wow. I'm not even staying on topic anymore. see what happens when I'm bored?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-08-25 20:53:49

ep 20 is up. decent, not great.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-01 17:42:53

Summary

Enclosed within the enigmatic Central Dogma that lies deep beneath the surface of reality, Gendou and Shinji Ikari have a father-to-son chat over the future of humanity. Gendou is trying to activate the final stage of the Human Instrumentality Project, widely known as the Third Impact.

They are soon joined by the physical manifestation of Yui Ikari's spirit, who has long been hidden in the body of another after her mysterious death. It turns out that Gendou, despite his self-scripted cold-hearted nature, has never stopped loving Yui. Shinji is shocked to discover that his long-dead mother has been so close to him all these years, and that the father he so despised turns out to be merely misunderstood.

With Rei Ayanami, the immortal Lilith, as the catalyst of the final stage, and Gendou at the controls, the Human Instrumentality Project is about to reach completion. Although the original plan calls for the unity of Adam and EVA-01 in achieving this, circumstances have changed and the improvisation will be sufficient for Gendou's intention. Absolute Territory Field, the invisible metaphysical barrier that separates the collective consciousness of mankind into unique independent individuals is about to be destroyed, and all evils will be removed from the world. Gendou is about to create a kind world where tragedies such as the one his family went through will never again happen.

But the very desire for peace and kindness will be erased by the removal of individuality. Hatred will disappear, but so will love. Shinji, though temporarily overwhelmed by the futility of his past actions, realizes that this is not the kind of world he wished for when he fought for peace. He declares his intention to stop his father's actions, which he sees as a selfish desire that Gendou is trying to force upon the world.

Rei, though she has an emotionless exterior, is deeply in love with Shinji, the son of the woman who gave her life. She betrays the trust of Gendou and helps hand the keys to humanity's future to Shinji.

Real summary

Replace Shinji with Lelouch, Gendou with Charles, Rei with C.C. and Yui with Marianne. I guess Kallen is Asuka, but I'm not comfortable with it because I hate Asuka. The analogy kind of falls apart when it comes to Suzaku, the extra guy. Oh well. Maybe he's Gendou's former bitch, Ritsuko.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-01 18:24:34

At 9/1/08 05:42 PM, AniMetal wrote: Summary

Enclosed within the enigmatic Central Dogma that lies deep beneath the surface of reality, Gendou and Shinji Ikari have a father-to-son chat over the future of humanity. Gendou is trying to activate the final stage of the Human Instrumentality Project, widely known as the Third Impact.

They are soon joined by the physical manifestation of Yui Ikari's spirit, who has long been hidden in the body of another after her mysterious death. It turns out that Gendou, despite his self-scripted cold-hearted nature, has never stopped loving Yui. Shinji is shocked to discover that his long-dead mother has been so close to him all these years, and that the father he so despised turns out to be merely misunderstood.

With Rei Ayanami, the immortal Lilith, as the catalyst of the final stage, and Gendou at the controls, the Human Instrumentality Project is about to reach completion. Although the original plan calls for the unity of Adam and EVA-01 in achieving this, circumstances have changed and the improvisation will be sufficient for Gendou's intention. Absolute Territory Field, the invisible metaphysical barrier that separates the collective consciousness of mankind into unique independent individuals is about to be destroyed, and all evils will be removed from the world. Gendou is about to create a kind world where tragedies such as the one his family went through will never again happen.

But the very desire for peace and kindness will be erased by the removal of individuality. Hatred will disappear, but so will love. Shinji, though temporarily overwhelmed by the futility of his past actions, realizes that this is not the kind of world he wished for when he fought for peace. He declares his intention to stop his father's actions, which he sees as a selfish desire that Gendou is trying to force upon the world.

Rei, though she has an emotionless exterior, is deeply in love with Shinji, the son of the woman who gave her life. She betrays the trust of Gendou and helps hand the keys to humanity's future to Shinji.

Real summary

Replace Shinji with Lelouch, Gendou with Charles, Rei with C.C. and Yui with Marianne. I guess Kallen is Asuka, but I'm not comfortable with it because I hate Asuka. The analogy kind of falls apart when it comes to Suzaku, the extra guy. Oh well. Maybe he's Gendou's former bitch, Ritsuko.

Huh. Wow. It all makes sense now. Kudos for the impressive analogy. And, yeah, it kinda does fall apart when you get to Suzaku, but hey, you kept a huge analogy perfect for longer than I could have.
Although, I wouldn't like thinking of Suzaku as Charles' bitch. Since he's not. If you've seen up to ep 21 of R2, Suzaku's gone from being Euphemia's bitch to Charles' bitch (so yeah, I guess you're right) to Luluche's bitch. And, correct me if I'm wrong, are the characters in the analogy from Neon Genisis Evangeleon? Just a stab in the dark.Also, what you said made me realize something. If Luluche ends up with a girl at the end of the series, who will it be? C.C. or Kallen? My guess: neither.

oh, and: To Whom It May Concern: ep 21 is up. Best one yet, in terms of reveals, and cliffhangers.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-01 19:26:58

I was comparing the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion to episode 21 of code geass R2, so of course i've seen it.

Suzaku is a fag.

/END.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-01 20:12:30

At 9/1/08 07:26 PM, AniMetal wrote: I was comparing the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion to episode 21 of code geass R2, so of course i've seen it.

Suzaku is a fag.

/END.

Sorry, I've never seen Neon Genisis Evangeleon, I've just heard of it and recognized the names of some of the characters. So I wouldn't know. And I personnally wouldn't go so far as to say Suzaku's a fag, but his personality does wear thin at times.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 17:58:15

At 9/1/08 07:26 PM, AniMetal wrote: I was comparing the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion to episode 21 of code geass R2, so of course i've seen it.

You're a pathetic liar.

Delicious copypasta, though.

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 18:36:21

I've been watching this on adult swim ever since it came out. I think it's pretty good :D

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 19:03:18

At 9/2/08 06:36 PM, Gein wrote: I've been watching this on adult swim ever since it came out. I think it's pretty good :D

I think the dub is really good.

If the dub was alot farther I totally would watch it over the sub.

At 9/2/08 05:58 PM, Gendo wrote: You're a pathetic liar.

Liar? I don't recall to have said I made that myself.

If you watch thst episode the only thing you're thinking of is how similar it is to NGE that it feels like CLAMP is stealing ideas.

Delicious copypasta, though.

Agreed.

I actually did make a connection between them when I was watching the latetest episode but I wouldn't have said anything more than "The latest episode is like NGE completely, only with different characters and more sense."

I just happened on that blog by luck and thought it was cool.

This thread needed a bump anyway.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 19:05:57

I don't really feel like watching subs, I got sick of it after watching 140 bleach episodes.

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 19:36:56

At 9/2/08 07:03 PM, AniMetal wrote: Liar? I don't recall to have said I made that myself.

Shut up.

You're not even trying, are you?

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 20:07:13

Mind if I join? I have a love/hate relationship with Code Geass, r1 was awesome, but r2 failed horribly, untill the hilarious episode 21. Now that the writers have given up, the trainwreck of the show is just doomed to be so bad it shall fail epicly. I am betting on a tang ending, by the way.....

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 20:10:17

At 9/2/08 08:07 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Mind if I join? I have a love/hate relationship with Code Geass, r1 was awesome, but r2 failed horribly, untill the hilarious episode 21. Now that the writers have given up, the trainwreck of the show is just doomed to be so bad it shall fail epicly. I am betting on a tang ending, by the way.....

Which is not to say that I believe it is anything like NGE, but merely that the only ending the writers are skilled enough to do is an oh fuck the world ending.

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 20:17:09

At 7/20/08 03:24 PM, InsanelyFrozenMetal wrote: Hey I've thought of something to discuss! According to the history of Britannia the year a.t.b. started after Caesar's invasion and according to our history that happened about 50 years before the year A.D. was established. So wouldn't that mean that the setting of Code Geass is actually in the past and not in the future?

Weird, huh? But it makes you think, doesn't it? The Holy Empire of Britannia occupys the Americas, so it's easy to associate in a way the U.S. to Britannia. If the U.S. became a totalitarian state, and poured all it's funding into the military, just think what would be possible today. I actually do believe that creating and powering a mech would be possible in the near future. What you would need is: a government willing to sink that kind of money into that kind of Science fiction, a massive power source, and a logical and sophisticated control system that can replicate humanoid movement. Many other things are needed of course, but you get my point. BTW, I'm not talking like, Lancelot here. A variation of the Sutherland, maybe. But if the U.S. wasn't successful in the revolution, and spearhead Democracy, the Code Geass timeline might not be quite so far from reality.

Wow. I'm crazy, aren't I ?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-02 20:53:44

At 9/2/08 08:07 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Mind if I join? I have a love/hate relationship with Code Geass, r1 was awesome, but r2 failed horribly, untill the hilarious episode 21. Now that the writers have given up, the trainwreck of the show is just doomed to be so bad it shall fail epicly. I am betting on a tang ending, by the way.....

Not at all. No spamming, flaming, etc., you know the drill. First off, I don't get how you can hate R2. Sure the first 10 or so episodes aren't great, but these past few have been the best of the entire show, IMO. So, yeah, welcome aboard.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-09 02:58:02

Yeah, I have seen season one. Season two is yet to be translated, though, so I won't be watching that any time soon.

Also, <3 teh OST

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-09 20:27:37

At 9/9/08 02:58 AM, SuperFlonic wrote: Yeah, I have seen season one. Season two is yet to be translated, though, so I won't be watching that any time soon.

Also, <3 teh OST

You'd be doing yourself a favor by watching it. Not only is it great TV, but you won't run the risk of plotlines getting spoiled if spoilers are discussed here. Win-win.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-10 11:39:57

At 9/9/08 08:27 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 9/9/08 02:58 AM, SuperFlonic wrote: Yeah, I have seen season one. Season two is yet to be translated, though, so I won't be watching that any time soon.

Also, <3 teh OST
You'd be doing yourself a favor by watching it. Not only is it great TV, but you won't run the risk of plotlines getting spoiled if spoilers are discussed here. Win-win.

Of course, but I don't understand Japanese well enough to know what the heck they're talking about.
So I have to wait for it being subbed then download it.

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-10 19:41:20

At 9/10/08 11:39 AM, SuperFlonic wrote:
At 9/9/08 08:27 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:

Of course, but I don't understand Japanese well enough to know what the heck they're talking about.
So I have to wait for it being subbed then download it.

CynicalScythe should have made a post back on page 2 where you can get all the videos streamed without having to download them. They're subtitled, so even if you don't understand Japanese, you can enjoy. Also, you inadvertantly pick up some Japanese when you watch those, so, again, win-win.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-11 02:21:44

At 9/10/08 07:41 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: CynicalScythe should have made a post back on page 2 where you can get all the videos streamed without having to download them. They're subtitled, so even if you don't understand Japanese, you can enjoy. Also, you inadvertantly pick up some Japanese when you watch those, so, again, win-win.

Awesome man, I love you now.

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-11 20:28:40

At 9/11/08 02:21 AM, SuperFlonic wrote:

Awesome man, I love you now.

Thanks. Just keep it non-gay. It gets weird. Also...

Nippon banzai!

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-12 02:33:45

At 9/11/08 08:28 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
Nippon banzai!

YES, YOUR HIGHNESS

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-12 19:10:16

At 9/12/08 02:33 AM, SuperFlonic wrote:
At 9/11/08 08:28 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
Nippon banzai!
YES, YOUR HIGHNESS

Well, at least someone acknowledges it. BTW, where are you in the series now?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Code Geass Society 2008-09-13 11:05:19

I just got around to watching ep 22 in R2, and I must say, it just keeps getting better. Every week I think that the series cannot top itself, and it proves me wrong every (most of the) time. Again, this episode may be the biggest in terms of reveals, but I will not say anything until SuperFlonic has caught up.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature