00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

358,438 Views | 5,146 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-23 18:42:12

I've been playing Diablo II (two) for over a month now.

Usually I would quit soon after beating the expansion on Normal. But now I decided to just keep playing until I beat Nightmare, and maybe even Hell.

So far I'm at the end of Act III in Nightmare mode.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-23 21:43:35

Well, that was fast. Finally got myself to Level 30 in The Division and finished all the side missions and main missions. Gonna take a break from it until the next DLC drops.

Gonna devote myself fully to getting back to CSGO and Darkest Dungeon. It's either those or focusing on my corporate attorney job...and one is definitely more relaxing than the other...

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Attorney, Gamer, Sport Fan, PhD student (future Senator, maybe?)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-24 18:25:18

Lately,I have been playing Def Jam Fight For NY.
That game kicks steel ass. Nothing more fun than fighting rappers in an underground fight club.

I know its cheesy but I feel grate.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-24 20:16:16

Been trying out Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey.

I can't say I'm into these gritty PS1 graphics where everything looks like its covered in dirt. Otherwise it's a nice puzzle game though with a lot of charm to it. For some reason the platforming reminds me a bit of the old Prince of Persia games, but it feels like you have better control over Abe even though he moves quite fast.

I'm also still playing Persona 3 FES.

I think I'm nearing the end of the main game. I've been trying to complete all of Elizabeth's requests and unlock some cool late-game Persona's, but it's taking a really long time and it's getting quite boring to be honest. The quests are probably not even worth completing since most of the rewards you get are just a pile of mundane items or a piece of silly clothing. I guess I should just move on at this point.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-26 04:47:18

At 3/24/16 08:16 PM, Auz wrote: Been trying out Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey.

I'm an achievement whore, so I got so burned out on Munch's Odyssey trying to get the platinum trophy on a wildly glitched game that I might never try another one in the series. Thing took a minimum of 3 playthroughs, and I ended up needing to do 5.

Currently, I finally got the platinum and 100% trophy list completion on Destiny. Been playing it religiously since October. In my free time when I have nothing else going on I've been dabbling in Pocket Morty on my phone. Essentially it's a Game boy Pokemon clone, but you play as Rick from Rick and Morty as you collect and battle different Mortys.

Other than that, I've recently started Drakengard 3 on PS3. It's not bad. simple hack and slash game from Square Enix. Wildly dysfunctional group of protagonists. EXTREMELY perverted. I was caught way off guard with the dialog. So much swearing, sex talk, innuendo, pleasure moaning.... Not what I thought I was getting from essentially Final Fantasy Dynasty Warriors.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-26 09:24:06

Gonna try and finish Pillars of Eternity this week. It's a pretty good game so far, quite a good RPG.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-27 04:07:42

Currently playing:

Seriously: X-Com 2
In Hour Bites: The Swindle
In Idle Moments: Mikey Shorts (iOS)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-27 20:49:59

I got through Project X Zone 2 a few days ago and they improved alot of things from the 1st game. Battles no longer take an average of 2 hours a chapter to get through, now its about a hour per chapter, trust me that makes a huge difference. Inclusion of a shop to buy equipment and items, no longer hoarding your items for later chapters. Counterattacking isn't a waste of time like in the 1st game. And for shits and giggles, they included SEGATA SANSHIRO!!! which was pretty damn cool. Overall if you liked the 1st one you'll most likely love this one. Personal score 8.5/10. YOU MUST PLAY SEGA SATURN!!!

Now I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the "new" 3DS. At 1st it was more or less an impulse buy just to finally see why some people went ape shit for it. Now I see why, only about 7 hours in and im hooked, I been wanting to play a really good RPG for awhile now I am.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-27 23:59:22

Played through Super Castlevania IV. I beat it years ago on an emulator, but that was with save states so it really doesn't count. Great classic platformer, long enough to take you on a journey, but not too long to wear out its welcome. A couple levels border on too sadistic, but it mostly felt tough but fair and it stays away from hair-pulling obstacles like infinitely spawning medusas. A couple areas serve no purpose other than to show off mode 7 effects, but overall it's one of the best SNES games and a reminder that Konami wasn't always ass.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. It did get significantly better as it went on, final boss was ass and came out of nowhere. I died so many times because there just wasn't any way to avoid his attacks, I just got sick of it and turned down the difficulty, then proceeded to kill him in literally about six seconds. Good job balancing the difficulty there guys. The nightmare segments were terrible too, I defeated the nightmare boss in seconds without taking damage. The modern controls completely clash with and destroy the old level design, completely negating all difficulty and slowing you so much that it becomes a horrible chore to sit through. I don't know how they made it through play testing.

Otherwise it's a decent, straight-forward FPS with good cover and stealth mechanics. BJ isn't characterized much at all but it was kind of refreshing to play as a bonafide action hero who doesn't have to be over-written to compensate for the archetype or drenched in shallow "satire" like duke nukem or GTA, I always find it more cringe worthy and tiresome when the writers are so utterly terrified of sincerity. Not everything has to be a pisstake and in games sometimes a two-dimensional character is all that's needed.

Gave up on Dark Souls II, just wasn't enjoying it at all. Played through the second DLC and like the first the level itself is much better than the main game but the bosses are horrible, Fume Knight is a decent fight and should be one of the best but he's let down by the usual bullshit of nonsensical hitboxes, infinite stamina and bloated health.

I had to respec my character to beat him since invincibility frames are tied to a stat now and it's impossible to defeat him by blocking only. This guy is the hardest boss in the game, with the most player deaths and a 97% death rate, I didn't find him quite that hard but I wish FromSoft would, instead of proudly announcing these kinds of stats, actually examine why this guy has such a disproportionately huge death rate and maybe assess it's because of cheap, presumably unintentional fuckery that's out of the players control and destroys certain character builds.

After that I went on to Sir Alonne, who I've seen called the best boss of the series. He killed me with an exact copy of the Pursuer's notoriously broken stab move, the one where he lifts you off the ground and is almost literally impossible to avoid. Thrust attacks are naturally easy to dodge, but even if there's clearly a wide space between you and the attack your character sort of snaps onto his blade. That's the point where I just gave up on the game, if a reskin of a mediocre boss they couldn't even be arsed to fix is the best it has to offer then what's the point? I just wish I hadn't already invested so much time into it for completion's sake.

Also started up Life is Strange. I haven't really tried one of these episodic neo-adventure games other than The Walking Dead but I heard good things about this one. Expectations are low but I really quite liked the first episode.

At 3/27/16 11:59 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Played through Super Castlevania IV... overall it's one of the best SNES games and a reminder that Konami wasn't always ass.

Super Vainy Boys in the Castle IV is probably my favourite of the series even if it's not as tuightly designed as the original or as addictive as SoTN. The difficulty is pretty much perfect for me, I occasionally plug it in and just play the whole thing start to finish. I've only played through the others in their entirety twice at most.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-28 12:30:52

Just finished playing the demo for Tearaway Unfolded.
Pretty fun game. I might grab a copy next time I can.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-30 04:56:36

I've been playing Subnautica, it's a really fun game but I've managed to break the game three times in the past two weeks, all in different ways. That isn't a negative at all though, the glitches were hilarious and I can't really expect more from a early access game.

i am going to make it through this year if it kills me

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-30 10:51:43

During a run of Darkest Dungeon, I ran into the Collector enemy and had to retreat and abandon the run. That retreat ramped up my heroes' Stress level way up and splurged a bunch of coins trying to lower them down. Started a second run with a new team, while my previous one rest, and ran into the Collector again (why do I try to get all the loots, lol). Damn.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-01 02:06:56

At 3/27/16 09:48 PM, Tacticat wrote: Defcon, 'cause im bored.

I take it you thought it looked like War Games and got it, too.

Haven't played in forever. I think I might need to.

I've been playing an abundance of Metal Gear Solid V. Got my gaming PC after using an iMac seemingly forever. It's nice to actually be able to use a computer for something other than Youtube, Flash and Photoshop.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-01 05:36:31

Borrowed both Knights Of The Old Republic games from friend and have gotten in about 20 hours so far in the first game and I have just barely come to point where you can travel freely between worlds. Right now I am at Tatooine and I am pondering whatever I shall commit mass murder or try to be peaceful with the Sand people. Leaning towards murder cuz fucked sand people amirite!?

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-01 10:46:45

I want Doom!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-01 15:49:45

Possible spoilers for Xenoblade Chroincals

I've put 24 hours in the game and just got through Prison Island. Im still going strong. I love the twist of how faced mechons are actually people, makes sense when the monado couldn't cut them beforehand. Can anyone give like a percentage of how much more gameplay is left (storywise)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-02 08:57:01

Finished Life is Strange and absolutely loved it. 10/10 everyone should play it.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-02 13:39:07

Candy crush Soda Saga and Three Kingdoms Online. Both are browser games since I don't have money to buy console games lbvs.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-02 14:23:39

I've had to back off from CSGO, official matchmaking is just too stressful for me. I really don't want to lose my rank, but I feel like more often than not my team doesn't have a huge idea about what they are doing. A serious lack of coordination and team work at the GN ranks.

Also been playing The Division, which I actually really like, it's exactly what I thought it would be and am having fun. A recent Windows 10 update has broken the Xbox One controller though (more specifically it's broken fucking mouse support after the controller disconnects) and I really do prefer to play it with that over M/KB, I know, it's not as good, but this isn't some competitive PvP game, I just want to chill out and shoot bandits.

Looking forward to Dark Souls III I suppose, I like the old ones but I've never finished one. I picked up SOTFS for PC a little while ago, but still haven't even started on it.

Also looking forward to Quantum Break, but I might hold out on it while I try to finish all the other single-player critically acclaimed AAA games that have come out since Winter.

What I'm really looking forward to are games coming out next month, with both MIrrors Edge 2 and Overwatch releasing (I've even got Overwatch on preorder, and I usually don't bother with that sort of thing). Super hyped for them.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-02 14:43:47

At 4/2/16 02:23 PM, iMini wrote: Looking forward to Dark Souls III I suppose, I like the old ones but I've never finished one. I picked up SOTFS for PC a little while ago, but still haven't even started on it.

I know nothing about Dark Souls 3 (keeping myself blind) but I wouldn't even recommend SOTFS, it's a carelessly designed bloated mess with very little challenge and a huge amount of padding. Dark Souls 1 is excellent but people already have their rose tinted glasses on when thinking back on it.

What I'm really looking forward to are games coming out next month, with both MIrrors Edge 2 and Overwatch releasing (I've even got Overwatch on preorder, and I usually don't bother with that sort of thing). Super hyped for them.

I had no idea Mirror's Edge 2 was so close. I'll not pay full price for it but I've been interested in it for a while. Just looking at gameplay now it and doesn't look better than the first game from 2008, which I suppose is more a testament to how good the original looks for it's time and how effective the minimalist art design is.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-02 17:55:06

still playing tons of mgsv. got 40 some hours in it.

on the flipside i'm also playing MGS3 HD on PS3. never got the chance to play any MGS game aside from 1 and 4 (and V now, obviously)

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-03 17:29:18

I've made it to the end of Persona 3 FES' The Journey.

The last boss fight is just pure agony. You spend about 45 minutes going through his initial 13 phases and then you get to the real fight which takes equally long if not longer. He just loves to spam this barrier that reflects everything and kills everyone who attacks it. All you can do is just wait/heal for 2-3 turns until he decides to turn it off which really drags out the battle. Of course your party members will never catch on to the fact that attacking him is suicide.

Near the end he starts to use this move that heavily damages and adds random status effects to your party at which point it's entirely up to RNGsus whether you're still going to win or not. Even if you're completely in control up to there you can still get your entire party wiped out in one turn because the game likes to be unfair like that. Also read about cases where a character got charmed and healed the boss back up to max health so they could start all over.

I don't know but in my list of worst final bosses this would undoubtedly be very high up there. Nothing about it is fun or genuinely challenging.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

I've been plugging away at The Division. I'm nqot against repetition in these kinds of gams, but in a post Shadows of Mordor world it feels regressive to have the same few activities spread across the map with no wayto feel like you're actually having a tangible effect on the world. Thirty hours in and you're still running across the same thugs inthe same areas even after you've finished all the missions in a region. There's also an issue with every encounter feeling samey. That may be an issue with me as a player sticking with one strategy hen I find one that works. Switching up my weapon types and skillsmade even standard fights more entertaining, but I'd still argue that the combat feels like it lacks adynamic flow to it. Once you know the script it's the same thing again and again. Luckily the gun play and overall the look and feel of New York are so strong they keep the more tedious elements from bringing the game all the way down.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-03 19:49:49

Star Wars: The Old Republic, the popular Bioware MMO. Been playing through the new expansion's episodes.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-05 00:04:26

Played a little Borderlands 2 for fun. Already decimated that game before. Solo ran the Terramorphous raid boss and killed him alone. Did a little Destiny, cant wait for the April update on the 12th. Soon to play BroForce on PS4.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-06 18:46:57

I just played Shadow of Mordor for the first time during the weekend and got pretty much immediately hooked. Did/got everything in Wolfenstein before that except the uber thing cuz I still play games for fun.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-06 21:29:35

Just bought Quantum Break and will be playing that starting tomorrow.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Finished up The Division. At roughly thirty hours the campaign runs a little long, yet it still feels like it's wrapped up too quickly with a rushed out final boss and an unsatisfying ending that's the very definition of "check out the DLC/sequel!" Solid enough game though overall unless you're super stoked about the online play you're probably better off waiting for a price drop though. I'll fuck around with some of the end game stuff, but I don't imagine it holding my interest too long.

I will say , because I don't think I mentioned it. I'm not a huge fan of cellect-a-thon games, but this game does it about as right as you can. Everything you're collecting makes sense and feels like something you'd logically be collecting within this world and you get a bit of story for everything you find. Gives you a nice tangible reward for seeking things out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-04-07 13:15:08

Gothic 2 NOTR ...very long and open ended but its one of the best CRPGs