00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

356,037 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-02 11:20:04

I've started playing Undertale.

I sort of screwed up I suppose as I won't be able to do the pacifist run anymore. I killed Toriel in the beginning as I saw no way to spare her. It's a little counter-intuitive that when you're doing it right the game gives you the same response multiple times as if you have to do something else.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-02 17:45:28

Rampage Knights and Bastion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-02 21:37:14

Final Fantasy 1

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-03 16:58:33

Going to play Mario & Luigi :Paper Jam starting tonight, Might choose to watch The Matrix at a later time

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-05 16:45:54

At 3/3/16 04:58 PM, argile wrote: Going to play Mario & Luigi :Paper Jam starting tonight, Might choose to watch The Matrix at a later time

The story's kind of lack luster for a mario rpg Mario Rpg,it really could have had a lot potential. gonna return it monday.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-05 18:04:43

At 3/5/16 04:45 PM, argile wrote:
At 3/3/16 04:58 PM, argile wrote: Going to play Mario & Luigi :Paper Jam starting tonight, Might choose to watch The Matrix at a later time
The story's kind of lack luster for a mario rpg Mario Rpg,it really could have had a lot potential. gonna return it monday.

Or at least complete it to the end after all my characters are only at level 4 at the moment. I wonder if the Mario and luigi series still have the same 24 level cap that SMRPG and the Paper Mario rpgs have.

I keep thinking I might buy the Final Fantasy VI PC port whenever it pops up on sale, but every time I find screenshots like this monstrosity to remind myself how terrible that idea is. Ugh, I know it's beating a dead horse, but I hate that the version with the most content, best translation, and highest quality music has to fucking look like that.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-06 14:32:29

At 3/6/16 02:16 PM, Jercurpac wrote: I keep thinking I might buy the Final Fantasy VI PC port whenever it pops up on sale, but every time I find screenshots like this monstrosity to remind myself how terrible that idea is. Ugh, I know it's beating a dead horse, but I hate that the version with the most content, best translation, and highest quality music has to fucking look like that.

It's like, I don't even think they were trying to make the game cheaply and rush it for a cash grab (as far as the iOS version goes) every element looks fine on its own, but it's like the people who made the characters, monsters, backgrounds, and UI all worked in seclusion and when they put the separate parts together no one looked at it to see if it looked like shit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-06 15:13:56

Currently playing Deadly Premonition. Isn't that right, Zach?

Watched a playthrough of the game by one of my favorite streamers, but I just had to play it myself.

At 3/6/16 02:16 PM, Jercurpac wrote: I keep thinking I might buy the Final Fantasy VI PC port whenever it pops up on sale, but every time I find screenshots like this monstrosity to remind myself how terrible that idea is. Ugh, I know it's beating a dead horse, but I hate that the version with the most content, best translation, and highest quality music has to fucking look like that.

Honestly there was no need to improve the assets that were already in original game ,they're great on their own.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-07 05:08:02

I am currently playing Games based on One Piece. for example Pirate Legend and Supreme Pirates from Risengame company.
Are there also One Piece Fans?

The Game You're Currently Playing

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-09 00:01:39

Wolfenstein ended abruptly...

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-13 00:43:04

I'm currently playing Pokemon Omega Ruby, and I finished the Delta Episode a day or 2 ago. I haven't owned the game itself for too long.
This is my team:
Zelda (Sceptile), Slade (Gallade), Aero (Swellow), Zeus (Manectric), Zuko (Camerupt), Jaws (Sharpedo), and Ziggy (Linoone, HM slave). I'm legendary hunting at the moment, as well as looking for Mega Stones. I've got Groudon, Latios, Rayquaza and Heatran at the moment, and I missed out on capturing Deoxys, but oh well

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

Who walks away from a spider attack?

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-14 23:21:03

I bought Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and was immediately disappointed at how "modern" and formulaic it is, opening with a horribly repetitive stealth section and a throwback minigame that only highlights how completely at odds it is with classic shooters. Only played the first chapter though so it might get better.

Also went back to Dark Souls II and finished it, I'd lost interest at No Man's Wharf. It's a massive disappointment and doesn't come close to the original in any way, but it's still Dark Souls so it was mostly tolerable. No desire to try NG+.

Beat the first Dark Souls II DLC, Crown of the Sunken King. Pleasantly surprised at how good it was, the level design is possibly the best in the game and well up there with some of Dark Souls 1's early levels. I'd been through the first area at lest five or six times before a stray arrow showed me what the obelisks can do, shit was cool yo.

The bosses on the other hand were ass. Elana is a shameless reskin of Nashandra from the main game, and to throw in some extra BS difficulty she inexplicably summons Velstadt, one of my least favourite bosses from the main game, because I guess they didn't meet their "forgettable big dude in armor" quota in the DLC. She's followed up by a dragon boss who happens to be another reskin from the main game, although this time the fight was a good bit more interesting.

My favourite "boss" was probably the laziest of all, the three humans in the cave of the dead. One of them is literally a copy/pasted Havel from the first game who we've already fought several times in spirit form, and the other two follow the usual garbage of a flurry move that eats through your defense and inflicts bleeding that they just keep doing since enemies have infinite vitality now, and the other shoots poise-breaking arrows from a distance. Even still, I died the most here but the cave leading up to them is interesting to run through and having to make use of the terrain in the boss room was a good change of pace. Just wish there was a more creative enemy to go with the battle, it's kind of baffling how they an put this much laziness into an enemy and deem it worthy of paid content.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-18 18:54:11

Pokken Tournament.

Furiously button mashing because I cannot into fighting games.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Finished up Final Fantasy V which means I've gotten though FFI-V so far.V's main draw is the excellent job system that encourages constantly changing up your party and trying out new strategies. Lots of tough gimmicky bosses that are actually fun because there are multiple ways to tackle them rather than one viable strategy that you have to puzzle out and nuts to you if you built your characters wrong. The game is loaded with tough enemies and it can be easy to get wiped out during normal encounters if you're not careful. Everything else is kind of medicore. One dimensional characters in a standard plot. A lot of the humor falls flat. Dungeon design is boring. The soundtrack is one of Nobuo Uematsu's least noteworthy and only has a few standouts. The game is linear to a fault at times, but they did manage to hide a lot of secrets which I really liked. Of course I have to reiterate that the job system makes actually playing the game really fun and makes up for a lot of the remaining faults.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-21 07:21:31

The Division, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and FTL

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-21 08:26:31

Fallout 4..

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-21 20:34:07

Punk-O-Matic 2, it's awesome (My songs aren't)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-21 21:50:36

Finally got around to playing The Evil Within. So far i'm enjoying it

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-21 23:36:39

Holy shit, it's been 8 YEARS since this post was made. Anyways, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on PC. The controls for me feels like my hands are playing Twister on the keyboard.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-22 22:54:17

At 3/14/16 11:21 PM, Jackho wrote: I bought Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and was immediately disappointed at how "modern" and formulaic it is, opening with a horribly repetitive stealth section and a throwback minigame that only highlights how completely at odds it is with classic shooters. Only played the first chapter though so it might get better.

Been meaning to get this because I love the New Order. From what I hear, it's basically more of the same, so I guess I wouldn't recommend it. It also has a minigame based on Wolfenstein 3D, which I thought was neat. The only thing I don't like is all the home base stuff interrupting the fun. I beat it once and am going through it again (there's two "timelines" to encourage replaying) and trying to collect everything and do the remaining challenges for the perks.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

At 3/22/16 10:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 3/14/16 11:21 PM, Jackho wrote: I bought Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and was immediately disappointed at how "modern" and formulaic it is, opening with a horribly repetitive stealth section and a throwback minigame that only highlights how completely at odds it is with classic shooters. Only played the first chapter though so it might get better.
Been meaning to get this because I love the New Order. From what I hear, it's basically more of the same, so I guess I wouldn't recommend it. It also has a minigame based on Wolfenstein 3D, which I thought was neat. The only thing I don't like is all the home base stuff interrupting the fun. I beat it once and am going through it again (there's two "timelines" to encourage replaying) and trying to collect everything and do the remaining challenges for the perks.

Well considering Old Blood is essentially everything leading up to the beginning of New Order I'd much prefer something similar to something wildly different. It's also a lot cheaper and shorter than New Order so I guess that makes up for it in a way. I wont deny that they could have definitely done some more with it and maybe made it a little longer. But overall I was pretty pleased with how the game went. And holy crap did that final boss come out of left field...then again there's that huge as fuck Queen Geist in Wolfenstein (2009) so it wasn't super out of nowhere compared to that or the Harbinger.

Things pick up more about halfway into Old Blood though. So if you haven't gotten thought it yet you'll probably like it a bit more later on in the game. Towards the end you have to deal with fiery zombie Nazis that are a pain in the ass to deal with because they come at you wave after wave after wave and are kinda hard to kill at first. Those are NOT in New Order. Thank. God.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-22 23:29:01

At 3/22/16 11:06 PM, Viper wrote:
At 3/22/16 10:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 3/14/16 11:21 PM, Jackho wrote:
It's also a lot cheaper and shorter

Damn, it's even shorter? That was already a short game. I heard it was like 9 bucks on PSN, but it's still only like 3 bucks cheaper than the New Order as a physical copy.

And holy crap did that final boss come out of left field...then again there's that huge as fuck Queen Geist in Wolfenstein (2009) so it wasn't super out of nowhere compared to that or the Harbinger.

That robot at the end of the New Order took me several tries and started to bug me. Then the game ended before I knew it...

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-22 23:50:28

At 3/22/16 11:29 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Damn, it's even shorter? That was already a short game. I heard it was like 9 bucks on PSN, but it's still only like 3 bucks cheaper than the New Order as a physical copy.

Yeah its about half the length of New Order. You could probably knock the whole game out in one or two sittings. I got mine new so it was $20. But you'd have no problem finding it cheaper. Especially on PSN.

That robot at the end of the New Order took me several tries and started to bug me. Then the game ended before I knew it...

Not even joking. Up to that point I over thought everything I did and took forever in combat related stuff because when it comes to Wolfenstein I do that sort of stuff a lot and like to be precise and shit. But for the last boss I said fuck it and ran in guns blazing. Beat him on the second try at the final part when he goes underground then the game was over.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-23 09:51:46

At 3/22/16 11:50 PM, Viper wrote:
At 3/22/16 11:29 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

The price is what got me to buy The Old Blood, it was something like €9 new. I'm about half way through now and enjoying it more though it's still repetitive. The difficulty is pretty straight forward but one part killed me what felt like a dozen times, in chapter 3 when you're ambushed from all sides with no weapons or armor, that part was bullshit. The cable car sequence was pretty good though, reminded me of Half-Life.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-23 11:38:40

I'm playing GTA V, Minecraft and Cod Ghosts. They are fun games to play

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-23 13:04:45

The Division - Pretty fun for a shoot 'n loot RPG hybrid game. Unlike some games *cough*Borderlands*cough* the gameplay mechanics are solid so it's actually fun to play single player although like always with these kinds of games it's better with friends. I played a little bit of the PvEvP dark zone areas and it's fun to mess around with and team up with people to take on super-mobs.

Uplay is a piece of ass though and I almost pulled out my fucking hair trying to get the game to actually install and play.

Final Fantasy VI - The first five hours of this game suuuuck. The silly moments in the story are off-putting and unlike FFV I find myself using the same attacks in every battle. I've never beaten it, but I do recall that I'm at the point where it picks up and gets more interesting gameplay and story-wise.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2016-03-23 14:50:21

The Division is the game I'm investing most of my gaming time so far. Also dabbled a little in CSGO and Darkest Dungeon in between...but The Division for sure.

TracyJackson

-EcG member for CSGO-

Attorney, Gamer, Sport Fan, PhD student (future Senator, maybe?)