00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

354,440 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Okay So I'll be juggling between these Roleplaying games Final Fantasy 1,Final Fantasy 6,Earthbound and undertale whenever the free time is available.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-13 12:33:33

Team Fortress 2 for me definitely. By the way, what's your favourite class if any from that game?

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-13 21:14:53

Grand Theft Auto V. On PC.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-14 00:27:29

At 10/11/15 05:55 PM, argile wrote: Yeah this will be my first attempt to actually play it seriously ,the other times I started in the past I could never figure out which weapons and armours were good for the characters I've selected without wasting gold,so far the only items I think can Equip on the white mage are Cloth and wooden rod. The spells were pretty expensive to teach as well.

It is a fun game, but you will probably find it challenging. The original is missing many of the features included in later episodes.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-14 06:02:27

Mad Max is so fucking awesome!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-14 21:12:46

At 10/11/15 07:46 PM, Jackho wrote: Before the game's release ALL trailers and promotional stuff only featured Snake, mainly on the tanker level and with some fakes of him on...
... and thoughts it's presented. I can guarantee you'll never play another game like Metal Gear Solid 2.

Aha. Thanks for the explanation. Indeed, they drop a megaton of story on you at the end and with all the crazy stuff going with the Colonel, the surreal Ray fight, Raiden being naked, and all the plot reveals the game becomes a little weird and confusing.

Selecting Raiden as the main character over Snake was a gutsy decision, but I suppose it makes more sense if you take a closer look at the ideas behind the game and consider that it was not meant to be a straight-up sequel to the first. I read up on some of the similarities with MGS1 and there are so many deliberate references to the first game that it is pretty obvious now the game is heavily messing with the player's expectations. I recognized the torture room, but apparently the boss arenas, the Plant map and the whole series of sub-missions from the Helipad to the naked scene are almost directly copied from MGS1.

Anyway, I most certainly enjoyed the game and have a lot of appreciation for the fact that they made such an experimental game while they could've chosen for the safer option. I have the feeling MGS2 is probably best enjoyed on a second run, so I'll give the game another go sometime after I've gone through MGS3 as well.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-15 00:47:01

House of the Dead ,The game looks pretty great for 1996 standards.I'm also noticing a bit of a graphical improvement with the added memory I've put on the computer.

1gamez.com is official gaming website to play free online games without downloading .Largest online games Collection for girls,puzzles,Shooting,RPG,driving games so on.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-16 17:06:26

At 10/13/15 09:47 AM, argile wrote: Okay So I'll be juggling between these Roleplaying games Final Fantasy 1,Final Fantasy 6,Earthbound and undertale whenever the free time is available.

Also downloaded Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden so yeah they will be played after October is over.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-17 14:49:52

Currently playing Mad Max: Fury Road on the PS4

And when I'm in a less destructive mood: Minecraft or Farming Simulator 2015 (also both on the PS4)

Get your life back!

--- "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one", Friedrich Nietzsche ---

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-17 16:06:03

Been playing Gears of War UE, can't wait for backwards compatibility so I can play Gears 3!

Zombies! Ahhh! || GT: Rage the Worm

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-17 17:23:48

At 10/14/15 06:02 AM, wolfe wrote: Mad Max is so fucking awesome!

Why? Tell us more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-19 00:35:41

Currently replaying Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky while I wait for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon to be released in the United States on November 20.

At 9/20/15 05:47 PM, Lionelion wrote: Hoo-wee. So, heres a list of games im currently playing:

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is on the Wii U Virtual Console.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/X8L9lPGjlP47oo_iho6jl_qk4vw71j5w

This means that the only Mario & Luigi game that isn't on the Virtual Console or 3DS is Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-19 01:54:04

I grabbed Destiny: The Taken King bundle last Sunday. A friend said e was getting it and I wanted to raid with him so I picked it up too on the PS3. Well we got 2 hours together the first day before he went on and maxed out a character the whole next day I was at work and we haven't teamed up again. Makes me wish I grabbed the PS4 version so at least I'd get more clan help from the official clan of the trophies website I use. Almost everyone there is on PS4 with a very minor group of people on my platform. Oh well. playing single isn't too bad though.

BBS Signature

At 10/14/15 09:12 PM, Auz wrote: Anyway, I most certainly enjoyed the game and have a lot of appreciation for the fact that they made such an experimental game while they could've chosen for the safer option. I have the feeling MGS2 is probably best enjoyed on a second run, so I'll give the game another go

I'm not so sure about that. MGS2 totally floored me the first time but it's one of the weaker games for replay value. There's so little gameplay and so many cutscenes, and what gameplay there is is extremely straight forward when you already know what you're doing.

sometime after I've gone through MGS3 as well.

MGS3 is literally the best game of all time. Don't expect any #deep ideas whatsoever, it's more like a combination of old James Bond and Rambo, and it's about ten hours of entertainment in it's purest form. The reveal trailer of Snake Eater summed up each game with a word, like this

MGS1 - "gene"
MGS2 - "meme"
MGS3 - "theme"

and I think that's pretty accurate. It's not as far fetching as Sons of Liberty but it's every bit as ambitious, and packed with as much magic and subtlety to bring it to life and get the most out of this 60s cold war spy vibe as physically possible. The soundtrack in particular is fucking fantastic, it takes familiar music from the series along with new stuff and mixes in old spy movies songs (the theme from the original 60s Mission Impossible is one I noticed prominently) redone with woodwind instruments to reflect the jungle environment. The game even has a james bond inspired theme song, it's so fucking great.

It easily has the most enjoyable and in-depth gameplay of the series other than (arguably) The Phantom Pain, and the caution-phase alert music stands out to me has having what I could only describe as a mischievous tone, like it's encouraging you to totally fuck with the guards as much as possible with all the gadgets you have. And unlike The Phantom Pain all of those gadgets and weapons do feel like worthwhile pieces of equipment that open up new possibilities. So many areas of the game have a massive amount of possible ways through yet it'll always feel like it was tailor made for the method you choose. I already want to play it again now motherfuckign gad dang snakey sneak ass bullshit

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-19 17:50:03

Just started a new game in Dragon Age Origins, I'm gonna play through all three games on nightmare mode which I've never successfully done. So far it's not going well.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-19 18:16:53

Majoras mask 3D, Mario kart 8, terraria, fez, geometry dash, clash of clans and, dragon story.

Ps: Zelda wii U better come out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-19 18:19:30

At 10/19/15 06:16 PM, DjDragonfire wrote: Majoras mask 3D, Mario kart 8, terraria, fez, geometry dash, clash of clans and, dragon story.

Ps: Zelda wii U better come out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Pokemon alpha sapphire (I beat that game a month after it came out yet I still play it)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-20 12:27:03

At 10/19/15 12:35 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/X8L9lPGjlP47oo_iho6jl_qk4vw71j5w

This means that the only Mario & Luigi game that isn't on the Virtual Console or 3DS is Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

They should hurry up and include it. Why leave that one game off?

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-21 00:41:37

At 10/15/15 12:47 AM, argile wrote: House of the Dead ,The game looks pretty great for 1996 standards.I'm also noticing a bit of a graphical improvement with the added memory I've put on the computer.

Not to mention that voice work. Solid gold, lol.

Currently playing Ys: the Oath in Felghana. Fun overall, but pretty bad boss design.

Derp.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-21 00:53:44

At 10/19/15 06:16 PM, DjDragonfire wrote: Ps: Zelda wii U better come out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zelda U is the game that most Nintendo fans want to play.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-21 02:03:14

Been a while since my last update. July 31st in fact... well time for a rundown on what I am doing now both in my spare time and on my youtube let's play channel.

Side Stuff:
360: Playing Nothing
PS3: Beat Tales of Xillia 2 with a friend a few months ago and going to start playing Tales of Zestiria with that same friend starting tomorrow.
Wii U: Still playing smash but I've since gotten Mario Maker and Splatoon. I will say Splatoon has been a lot more fun than I was expecting and Mario Maker is exactly as I was expecting and it's very fun. Should be getting Yoshi's Wooly World soon.
3DS: Nothing at the moment but will be playing Triforce Heroes soon. Been wanting to make progress on my Fire Emblem Awakening Lunatic run but I've been too lazy to play past chapter 6.
Vita: Playing Tales of Hearts R on PSTV. I'm taking too long to finish it honestly.
PC: Still planning to play Borderlands Pre-Sequel at some point. I haven't touched it since buying it in the Steam Summer Sale unfortunately.

Youtube Stuff: Finished Skies of Arcadia Legends finally. It is now the new longest series on my channel in both episode count and hour length. It's 78 episodes and 50 hours long. The previous record belonged to Tales of the Abyss which had 67 episodes. The hour record belonged to Fire Emblem Path of Radiance which lasted 43 hours. It was quite a fun game. For anyone interested you can check out the series playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHUO7IbCoU3S3Xqwki3OBQNS-wP4N6B1u

As for new stuff the latest series I am playing as suggested by my viewers is the first Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney game. It's my first time playing an Ace Attorney game and it's already 8 parts in so if you want to check that out here is the playlist for that: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHUO7IbCoU3RSp4qS8SDzf_cbchwtEmnl

And lastly Tales of Zestiria came out on October 19th just a little more than 24 hours ago. I've decided to do that as a series as well because I really love the Tales series. It's the PC version of Tales of Zestiria. (Yes I did buy two versions of Zestiria :P) It's a fairly new series though with Part 2 coming out soon but I plan to upload that rather frequently so if you are interested in watching me play that here is the playlist for that: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHUO7IbCoU3Q6vtHsLi8hJNurfnzwj61O

That should be all. I'll check back in again in another month or two.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-21 05:51:46

I'm going to take a stab at Fallout 3 again. This time I going to try just kill everyone and everything I meet. My evil will be equal for all.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-21 14:58:31

I spend over an hour chipping away Pyro Pete the Invincible's shield and health bars and I don't even see a difference on my level progress bar when I turn in that shit. I wonder if I can solo anything else cuz I'm only level 42 and I wanna be able to do the level 61 missions, but all that's left to complete is however further I have to go in Tiny Tina's D&D whateverthefuck.

Yeah, I'm still on Borderlands 2, but I was gone for a few months and didn't really pick it up for a while when I came back.

At 10/21/15 05:51 AM, Mismo wrote: I'm going to take a stab at Fallout 3 again. This time I going to try just kill everyone and everything I meet. My evil will be equal for all.

I never did beat the Broken Steel main quest. I do that with games.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-21 16:21:51

Started on the Uncharted HD collection. In the mood to just shoot some dudes and Uncharted does mindless action as good as anyone else.

Wish I could have stuck it on the new Brutal mode straight away though. You see, I have enormous balls, and can breeze through Crushing with my eyes closed.

First game hasn't aged particularly well, but hoping the others hold up better. Still fun, just feels a bit clunky compared to the cover shooters that have come since.

I also played the fuck out of the first game, but only beat 2 twice (hard, then crushing) and I'm not sure if I ever replayed 3, so they should feel a bit fresher.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-21 18:07:05

At 10/21/15 05:40 PM, Homicidee wrote: I was playing Smash bros wii u. Next game I'd like to play Is Star fox zero.

Enjoy your Wii U games. Have you played the Wonderful 101?

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-21 18:22:44

At 10/21/15 12:53 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 10/19/15 06:16 PM, DjDragonfire wrote: Ps: Zelda wii U better come out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zelda U is the game that most Nintendo fans want to play.

I know I'm a huge Zelda fan and I have been waiting too long for it also has anyone heard about the possible name for Zelda wii U (shard of nightmares)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-23 18:19:20

Back at it with Lakeview Cabin Collection on Steam. The creator has a beta for Lakeview Cabin V out right now and it's a lot different than the first two games. More emphasis on puzzles than fighting killers, but it's still really fun to play. Any of you guys have it?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2015-10-24 02:59:34

I've started playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2. I usually try to play some horror games during October, but this is the first one I've tried this year. It's alright, does somethings better than the first Resilations and does some thing worse. It's like Capcom can't get a Resident Evil game to feel just right.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

I have been playing Team Fortress 2 lately. Well, when I have somehting to play in first place.