00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

995,755 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-28 12:49:45

At 10/28/10 09:01 AM, Jolly wrote: Um... Stolen? I don't know, the description is impossible too read.

"First of all Hop the orginal author doesn't mind me submitting his wrk ere...witout his approval...sori abt tat...okey,wel dis game is gud...cheats for the game are
Hidden Gallery-up,up,dwn,dwn,lft ,ryt,lft,ryt,b,a(keyboard )
Unlimited Lyf-ngsucks...
Jus enter them on the main menu screen wid polly turned around..thk u ...nd once again thk u the original author of dis game..
I found dis game frm many sites...one of them once toon pimp palace...so on...so the orginal author isn't me....i read tat he took abt 5-6dys 2 cmplt dis wrk...im jus sharin wid u ppls tat's all...pls dnt feel offended..thkinn u once again for ur patience..tc"
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 2087

Just his spelling alone tempted me to flag it. Though the user in question "confessed" that he got it off another site (implying that he did so without the original author's permission) don't automatically assume that he actually stole it. Time and time again, I have to remind people of the possibility that some malicious users may try to make false confessions so that a lot of people end up losing whistle points. Judging by the syntactic travesty that is the author's comments, it doesn't seem too unreasonable, imo. Either that or he's just fucking 'tarded.

I reiterate, ALWAYS try to find the original for submissions that are suspected to be stolen - no exceptions, ever. I've always expected that from every theft report, and I always will. That way we'll be that much more certain that the submitter isn't trying to bullshit us. It's worth the extra effort when putting your whistle points on the line.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-28 13:07:48

Though I was late for this one, "First of all Hop the orginal author doesn't mind me submitting his wrk ere...witout his approval" is all I needed to go hunting for the original. "I found dis game frm many sites...one of them once toon pimp palace" gave me a hint. That site apparently has a virus though so it would be a bad idea to go there for proof. But ToonPimp has an account here.

Do either of those look like the one that you reported, Jolly?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-28 16:33:40

I think it's pretty freaking gay that some users would try to get people to flag their submissions for the sole purpose of making the honest protectors lose whistle points. Of course, you're right tails, making sure we find the original is always a good idea to help confirm the suspected flash is indeed stolen.

Anyway back on the topic of activity, I've been lurking around guys, but I haven't really made any posts recently due to my lack of things to add. Not to say that the conversation around here has been of low quality, but it's been little. I remember over the summer when I joined we go through about a page a day of good conversation. Always talking about the KK, our point gain, and whistles. Of course, those days are behind us for awhile while we wait for Christmas Break. (or "Winter break if you want to be politicaly correct).

Also, I would like to inform you guys that I'm going to be putting my all into getting a crap load of B/P this week and next. Roy, you'll probably over take me anyway, but I'm not going down without a fight you peice of crap! lol. Jk <3

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-28 17:45:14

At 10/28/10 06:56 AM, rorypearce94 wrote:
At 10/28/10 06:53 AM, Decky wrote: College/school has really slowed this place down hasn't it. Personally I've been taking advantage of my week off to get my activity up. Can't help but notice that a few of the members havn't posted here for quite some time now though. God only knows wat their perticular reason is but I miss this place being one of the most (if not the most) active club in the forums.

Be happy that this isn't the time that the NGPD went underground. By that I mean the thread was locked and we hided in are PF. The club was dieing off. At least we have the thread working here not like it was locked and new members were scarce. So it's just a slow time.

Yeah, it is sad, I guess we should just pray for more members. It's unfortunate, I've never really known an NGPD that's always busy, so I guess It's no change for me.

When I joined this place was mad active. The thread grew at least 2 pages a day. Note Me, Domo, Ronald, and John joined so members were hustling in big time and this was the summer time. Most of those guys became privates or gone inactive a bit(John sorta disappeared).*rant mode now* Milink joined to but he was a bit meh...he barely even crashes at all since he joined. Kinda like mdff he tried to join and was denied but Link was more inactive then him and he got in. *rant off* Anyway this place will regroup around Christmas time everyone should be off from school or work by then >_>.

It's still rather sad though.

Agreed but like I said this place will become more lively soon enough.

Oh, and I've revived the steam onling lounge, I would appreciate it fi you guys joined me.

Why not I go in there. Might be getting TF2 soon so that's awesome trying to get into alien swarm.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-28 17:48:40

Ack! Double post my bad. But this is something to see. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 2122
All right so it's a "copy" of the original Super Mario Bros. thing is it's really similar to do original. So is it stolen or what guys? Need so input here.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-28 18:36:12

say no. It's just a tribute to Mario games. This is a Mario game changed up and it wasn't considered stolen, and there are many others like the one in question. Unless it's on another site that he took it from I don't think it would be a good idea to whistle it.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-28 18:41:21

At 10/28/10 06:36 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: say no. It's just a tribute to Mario games. This is a Mario game changed up and it wasn't considered stolen, and there are many others like the one in question. Unless it's on another site that he took it from I don't think it would be a good idea to whistle it.

Thanks for clearing that up ILBC! I wasn't very positive of it so just wondered.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-29 12:08:36

At 10/29/10 04:29 AM, rorypearce94 wrote:
At 10/28/10 04:33 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
here's a conversation piece, as I'm sure you're all aware, the KK made a return recently, apparently, they made an "epic" return collab, but somebody just needs to post it, anyvody else heard this?

Huh.. I guess it should be interesting I guess. Hopefully they actually put some effort into it. I mean I've seen passable flashes made by them, just wish they would make more.

Pah, I always am putting in a crapload of B/P, but please never EVER forget, that my name is RORY!

Oh, sorry man, the two are so similar...

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-29 14:04:29

STOLEN FLASH

This is not the author's work, it is actually from Scary Movie 2.

Link to it on YouTube.
I have also posted this in the EGB.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-29 14:32:51

At 10/29/10 02:04 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: STOLEN FLASH

Flagged. Also congrats on the level up, Ron.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-29 19:17:43

Well just a mere 70 b/p points for me to get up to Sgt now. And hopefully it won't take me that long. But it really all depends on how active the portal gets from day to day.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-30 06:28:36

At 10/30/10 03:55 AM, Rory wrote: Why hello there name change.

I noticed it yesterday, congrats. On another non B/P topic I have leveled up.

On a topic that is related to the NGPD, I have set myself a target to get 1,000 Blams before I get 1,500 Saves. What you guys make of that?

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-30 11:12:56

At 10/30/10 06:28 AM, Decky wrote:
I noticed it yesterday, congrats. On another non B/P topic I have leveled up.

On a topic that is related to the NGPD, I have set myself a target to get 1,000 Blams before I get 1,500 Saves. What you guys make of that?

Hey, I almost did that. Then Clock Day happened. My goal is 2,000 each.
I only get protection points on Newgrounds holidays.
Nice to see Rory got his name change!
Level 16 was my first level-up on the redesign (I was level 10 before and 15 after). Apparently there's going to be ANOTHER redesign, so I hope to make it to Level 31 before anything happens.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-30 13:02:58

*sips tea* so... you're going this far are you?

/silliness

I actually love the new icons for Halloween. It also reminds me that I would love new aura's and this one would be nice.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-30 16:28:05

Well Rory you got your name change! Congrats!

I actually love the new icons for Halloween. It also reminds me that I would love new aura's and this one would be nice.

I wish this was a possible aura. I love how the level icon's look with the orange back round. Maybe this will be once a year thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-10-31 22:32:01

Happy late actual Halloween everyone! How was/is everyone's Halloween?

Also perfect day for my apprenticeship period to end.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-01 02:43:46

At 10/31/10 10:32 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: Happy late actual Halloween everyone! How was/is everyone's Halloween?

Well... it was interesting to say the least. Taking care of some drunk ass friends has a way of making the night fly by.

Indeed it is! I'll prepare the REP thread sometime in the relatively near future (if I don't forget lol) so I'll let all the members know when it's ready. I seriously need to get some sleep right now.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-01 10:13:15

At 10/31/10 10:32 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: Happy late actual Halloween everyone! How was/is everyone's Halloween?

Happy halloween to all of you too, bit late from me too, but finnish people don't celebrate Halloween so I kind of forgot.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-01 12:55:48

I'm not sure how many of you have been lurking the EGB thread, but the reason I've dropped off the radar, so to speak, is mainly because this guy gifted me this game on October 11th. And I've been playing it since!

So, Tails, has there been any excite for you this semester? What about your NG Fanfic? I hope I haven't missed anything yet.

Anyway, just popping in to let y'all know I'm still among the living. Also, HAPPY 2500TH POST TO ME! YAY!!!!!!

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-01 14:14:40

At 11/1/10 12:55 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Anyway, just popping in to let y'all know I'm still among the living. Also, HAPPY 2500TH POST TO ME! YAY!!!!!!

Good to hear from you again Slnt and congrats on your 2500th post. I myself recently passed the 900 mark. I know that its no were near as impressive but I'm getting close to my 1000th so I'm getting excited for that.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-01 14:45:58

At 11/1/10 12:55 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: So, Tails, has there been any excite for you this semester? What about your NG Fanfic? I hope I haven't missed anything yet.

Nah you didn't miss nothin, the story's been put on standby since I can't seem to do anything productive. If TP catches wind of this, I'll probably be expecting some more lulzy death threats.

Anyway, just popping in to let y'all know I'm still among the living. Also, HAPPY 2500TH POST TO ME! YAY!!!!!!

Congrats!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-01 15:46:20

All units, candidate ILBC's REP has commenced. Please report to the PF and cast your vote. As always, Honorably discharged members are also welcome to vote as well.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-01 16:54:01

At 11/1/10 03:46 PM, TailsPrower wrote: All units, candidate ILBC's REP has commenced. Please report to the PF and cast your vote. As always, Honorably discharged members are also welcome to vote as well.

Um Tails can you PM me the link for the PF? Forgot it since getting my computer a while back and kinda got rid off my tracking cookies so if anyone can give a link to the PF thanks. Also Cobra you got TF2 steam right? Well if you want *tails don't get mad >__>* add me as a friend Flasfoward is my username.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-03 11:13:56

Hey all, this is a reminder that today's the last day that ILBC's REP will be open, so for those of you who have not done so, get your vote in while you still can!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-03 15:01:25

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-04 01:42:00

At 11/3/10 03:01 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: DOUBLE STOLEN FLASH ALERT!

Hmm... both of them have passed. Since you provided evidence, you should probably send a PM notifying Tom or Wade about the situation. Or, if you'd rather me take care of it from here, that'll be fine too.

Onto other important matters...

HYELLO ALL! It is now the moment of truth! ILBC's REP is now over and the results have been collected. The verdict.... is unanimous! ILBC, 100% of the voters believe that you are indeed worthy of becoming a full fledged member of the NGPD! You will appear on the rosters, gain access to our private forum (when you create your account, it would help me out a lot if you PM me so I know when to grant you clearance), and have the right to vote on future REPs!

Well done and congratulations ILBC, you're in.
*salute*

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-04 02:51:14

At 11/4/10 01:42 AM, TailsPrower wrote:

The verdict.... is unanimous! ILBC, 100% of the voters believe that you are indeed worthy of becoming a full fledged member of the NGPD!

I... I`m shocked. Not a single person voted no? Wow. Thank you Tails... Thank you all.

I am not good at this sorta thing. I`ll stop here before I say somthing stupid.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-04 08:13:31

At 11/4/10 02:51 AM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:
I... I`m shocked. Not a single person voted no? Wow. Thank you Tails... Thank you all.

Heh, congrats bud! You're now a part of our little family here. A lot of candidates sort of come into the REP period and never post again, and it really puts them down in our eyes when they don't participate. But you! You kept right on chugging along, stayed with us for the week, gave us some good stolen content, and all that good jazz!

You deserve it man! In just this week of REP, you've been more active in here than I was in October. :P

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-04 23:09:46

At 11/4/10 08:13 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote:
At 11/4/10 02:51 AM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:

Heh, congrats bud! You're now a part of our little family here. A lot of candidates sort of come into the REP period and never post again, and it really puts them down in our eyes when they don't participate. But you! You kept right on chugging along, stayed with us for the week, gave us some good stolen content, and all that good jazz!

Finally ILBC made it! Like Kaiz said welcome to the family(if you would call it that). Congrats Blaming!

You deserve it man! In just this week of REP, you've been more active in here than I was in October. :P

lol true thought you left us Kaiz...But you here watching.

Lizz:
After being inactive for so long, I've kinda made it my goal to at least pop in here, and in the EGB at least once a week. I'm trying to beat this curse I have upon me.

Curse?
I was about to say that.

Well yeah, all the EGB to NGPD liaisons have ALWAYS been inactive, or become inactive after they have received that position. I'm going to try and be the one who breaks that chain! Hopefully, posting here in the NGPS, EGB and even the NGDD at least once a week should do me good. Then maybe I can ease into NG again.

Small steps I guess right?
But anyway, I hope you are all well and that you're keeping the mess hall tidy... I tell you what, if you guys mess it up again, there is no way I'm coming in to clean it again. Eye eye eye... I never knew 18 users could make so much mess

Your complaining about 18 of us? There used to be 22 0r 23 of us! Anyway let freshmeat*cough* rookie over there(yeah you blaming don't look at me like that) will clean it up.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-11-05 10:46:58

deadman, do you happen to know how to alternate between quoted posts and the post you're typing? That post was rather tedious to read.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature