00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

999,014 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 01:45:47

At 2/3/10 12:50 AM, Toiletpaper wrote:
At 2/3/10 12:17 AM, iwantbrainz wrote: Can i join sir i have been a member of Newgrounds for about a year now and i think i qualify to join.
Sir, we would LOVE to take you, but you don't qualify here anymore. You ranked out. Right now, you are a private who belongs in the EGB. Godspeed, my friend.
*salute*

He has a good point. You are of higher rank and cannot join the NGPD. Unfortunately, since your whistle is garbage, you won't be able to join the EGB either. You're more than welcome to stick around here with us and we can help you get out of that garbage whistle so you can join the EGB.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 01:58:58

At 2/2/10 07:48 PM, TailsPrower wrote: A handful of people have stopped coming here altogether

Perhaps we could have a bi-annual rollcall for the NGPD? Every six months we send out a message to all users, and if they don't respond within a month saying that they'd like to continue as a member, they're deemed inactive and put into a semi-retired stage where they can choose to return at any stage. Lizz's role-call back in November seemed pretty useful, especially at the time.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 02:13:49

At 2/3/10 01:58 AM, mwmike wrote: Perhaps we could have a bi-annual rollcall for the NGPD? Every six months we send out a message to all users, and if they don't respond within a month saying that they'd like to continue as a member, they're deemed inactive and put into a semi-retired stage where they can choose to return at any stage. Lizz's role-call back in November seemed pretty useful, especially at the time.

I support this idea. It's kind of pointless to keep track of members that aren't even around or don't even come on the website anymore.

Tails makes the final call though.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 02:27:44

At 2/3/10 12:17 AM, iwantbrainz wrote: Can i join sir i have been a member of Newgrounds for about a year now and i think i qualify to join.

Well since you rank out of the NGPD, YET you have a garbage whistle, as Spiffeh noted, if you have AIM, just drop me a line and say hello to a deity whistle within 3-5 months. Of course the time line is not perfect. It all comes down to how often you're on, real life just being slow, & TIME ZONES. Since I live in NC, USA, that makes it easier to keep up with NG.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 13:42:08

At 2/3/10 12:47 PM, Lizzardis wrote: If you would like, I could hold one tomorrow if you like.

I'd advise against doing one tomorrow. I'd say that the best way to keep everything organized is to do it is to send them out on the first of January and July, if they were to be sent out bi-annually. It would just keep it easy to manage and we'd all know what time the next one's going to be, which leads to people who know that they are likely to go AWOL around the time of a rollcall being able to message you or whoever's organizing it in advance to explain the situation that they've found themselves in.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 15:22:32

I don't want to be giving all the feedback here, but I'd say that every month is serious overkill. If someone's away when they have up to six months to make sure they're ready, then they're obviously inactive, while someone who's not ready for something with a month could know little about it and end up taking a very short break causing them to miss it, if that makes sense (which it probably doesn't).

The previous rollcall was back in November 2009, so if they're all changed over to the 1st and 7th month of every year it would be just over 6 months since the previous rollcall to this one, and from then on it could be done every six months. Really, it's less work for you and a less stringent system for the members.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 15:52:56

I was saying that on the seventh we could start, seeing we missed the January. If you were to go ahead and write one up for a few days it wouldn't be all bad, seeing as after that we could move over to the system that we've been forging with these posts, but seeing as we had the one-off rollcall back in November it'd only be 2-3 months from the last one, which is a bit too short.

Anyways, I'm going to wait for a few more posts to come through before my next one. The way every other reply's been mine for what looks like it's going to shape up to a large string, which would be typical of myself back in the days that I'd spam up the 'Flash Reg Lounge' with meaningless posts that vaguely fitted in with the previous post. It's best not done so I can get a decent balance of topics in question.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 19:04:33

and

appear to be stolen. There are at least 3 of these games, and I found it to be submitted in 2006 here:

http://www.y8.com/games/Armadillo_Knight

And check Google,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=arm adillo+knight&start=0&sa=N

As well, the author page is empty except for 1 flash review, and the person signed up early January.

in short, very stolen.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 19:28:00

At 2/3/10 02:13 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: I support this idea. It's kind of pointless to keep track of members that aren't even around or don't even come on the website anymore.

I think this would be the best course of action. It's been quite a while since we've gleaned off inactive users from our memberlist. Regarding Lizzardis's biannual clean-up idea, I think it would be better suited to our spontaneous nature if we carry these out on an arbitrary whim every blue moon.

Unfortunately I'm rather busy tonight so I'd prefer to commence with the PM'ing tomorrow (NG time) or Friday - when I'll almost definitely be free. We can discuss about this further on our private forum to settle the details later.

At 2/3/10 07:04 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: in short, very stolen.

Whoa! Look who came back from the dead! And better yet he's come bearing gifts! Although the evidence you provided isn't completely airtight, intuition would dictate that these submissions are quite likely stolen given the author's and the submissions' background. Be careful though, to my understanding, an author can only submit 2 flashes per day and this might be the real deal if that's the case. Do with it as you will, boys. It's your call.

Anyways, how the hell have ya been lad? I haven't seen you around here in like a hundred pages! Good to have you with us again, even if it's just a visit. :D

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 21:32:18

At 2/3/10 02:13 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 2/3/10 01:58 AM, mwmike wrote: Perhaps we could have a bi-annual rollcall for the NGPD? Every six months we send out a message to all users, and if they don't respond within a month saying that they'd like to continue as a member, they're deemed inactive and put into a semi-retired stage where they can choose to return at any stage. Lizz's role-call back in November seemed pretty useful, especially at the time.

I believe something like this was brought up but never acted upon. I hope this is, for I'd hate to think that someone is just avoiding us and not coming forward about it, although I don't (think I) know anyone that would do that.

I support this idea. It's kind of pointless to keep track of members that aren't even around or don't even come on the website anymore.

As I stated, I back this notion 1000%.

yes, 1000, I didn't make a typo.

As always. Our fearless leader will forever have the only opinion that counts for anything, strictly speaking.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 21:46:31

At 2/3/10 09:32 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: As always. Our fearless leader will forever have the only opinion that counts for anything, strictly speaking.

He already did, in case you didn't read it lol.

I agree though that we don't necessarily have to do it on a set schedule. I'm sure we can figure out the best time every one in a while. Albeit I'll be very busy until Monday, so don't count on me to send out too many pms. I'll lurk our forums for more info then.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-03 22:05:18

At 2/3/10 07:04 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/52 6502
and
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/52 6503
appear to be stolen. There are at least 3 of these games, and I found it to be submitted in 2006 here:

How the hell does one get flagged and not the other?!
This is why I think the whistle system alone could do with some portal mods to help it out when the idiots that form 99% of NG's userbase do stuff like this.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 01:54:34

At 2/3/10 07:28 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Anyways, how the hell have ya been lad? I haven't seen you around here in like a hundred pages! Good to have you with us again, even if it's just a visit. :D

hey Tails. I'm doing pretty good myself, how are you all? I sort of stopped coming to newgrounds after a got a month long ban for making an alt. Then I got a full version of flash, so I started coming back to find people to work w/ etc. When I checked in here, I saw I was off the roster so I didn't post or anything. Of course here and the EGB were the first places I posted when I saw the stolen flash ;)

So how's everything been doing here? I miss much?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 03:11:59

At 2/4/10 02:25 AM, Lizzardis wrote: I've been in that position before :\

it was my own damn fault, lol. i got what i deserved.

Woooo. Are you going to continue posting here? Or is this the last we will see of you for a while?

I'll keep posting if i'm allowed to. that's not really up to me. but now i'm back on newgrounds all the time again, so i'd love to.

Yeah.... We got locked! Just for about a month though. It seems that the mods didn't like the way we were posting, etc etc. So decided to give us... A time out. Apart from that... You haven't missed much really.

i remember mal gave us a warning a long time ago, but we cleaned up our posts and whatnot. I was just reading the current posts, and apparently it happened again and then we got locked? it's not important i guess, that's all i'll say of it.

TheNoss is back... The first ever roster maker, and so is mwmike... That guy doesn't even need an introduction :P

I remember mwmike. i didn't know he left.

Haha. Great to see you back Salad ;)

thanks Lizzardis :)

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 12:44:44

Welcome back, SongSalad, it's great to see you back here.

On the topic of the rollcall, it seems that it's going to be happening now it's gotten Tails' approval. What exact day will the PMs be dispatched, if anyone know? I could take a portion of the users and send out their messages, if it could help save some time.

At 2/4/10 03:11 AM, TheSongSalad wrote: I remember mwmike. i didn't know he left.

I was away for the better half of 2009, and although I thought my time on Newgrounds was completely over I decided to check back on New Year's Eve and after posting for a few weeks I returned to the
#force and then onto the Wi/Ht? Regslist. I've essentially picked up where I left off all the way back then.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 13:45:13

At 2/4/10 12:44 PM, mwmike wrote: On the topic of the rollcall, it seems that it's going to be happening now it's gotten Tails' approval. What exact day will the PMs be dispatched, if anyone know? I could take a portion of the users and send out their messages, if it could help save some time.

We were discussing that in the NGPD forums, the 7th or 8th.

At 2/4/10 03:11 AM, TheSongSalad wrote:
#force and then onto the Wi/Ht? Regslist. I've essentially picked up where I left off all the way back then.

The truth is he was in jail for three months, didn't want to let us know cause he was too butthurt. HAHA.

TheSongSalad, are you planning on coming back for a while? I don't have a problem with popping you back on the roster.

I like the new sig btw mike. We need to make it look more like mine and Lizz's though.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 13:53:34

At 2/4/10 01:45 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: The truth is he was in jail for three months, didn't want to let us know cause he was too butthurt. HAHA.

wait, i was in jail or mwmike was in jail? I'm confuzled.

TheSongSalad, are you planning on coming back for a while? I don't have a problem with popping you back on the roster.

I don't know if i'm allowed to come back but if I can that'd be great. I really appreciate it man.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 14:18:10

At 2/4/10 01:45 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: We were discussing that in the NGPD forums, the 7th or 8th.

Alright then. I should be active that weekend, so the chances are that I'll be able to take a portion of the members, if that would be helpful.

At 2/4/10 01:45 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: The truth is he was in jail for three months, didn't want to let us know cause he was too butthurt. HAHA.

DON'T JUDGE ME

I like the new sig btw mike. We need to make it look more like mine and Lizz's though.

Yeah, I was considering making it look more like them but due to the fact that the textstring is pretty long in comparison I just rushed it so I could get it ready ASAP. IMO it doesn't look too bad, and if I were to give it the thicker edges it'd end up looking pretty cramped, especially seeing as it seems relatively pushed together as it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 18:10:15

I would like to leave this crew, if that's alright.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 19:34:39

At 2/4/10 01:53 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: I don't know if i'm allowed to come back but if I can that'd be great. I really appreciate it man.

Absolutely, I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed back, I think you proved yourself to be a fine addition to the club in the past.

Welcome back!

At 2/4/10 06:10 PM, letiger wrote: I would like to leave this crew, if that's alright.

Nobody is preventing you from leaving, we'll take you off the rosters.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 19:43:29

At 2/4/10 06:10 PM, letiger wrote: I would like to leave this crew, if that's alright.

Well alright then. See you in some other place at some other time. I never really thought you clicked with us. Your views were a bit different from ours. But nevertheless it's never a good thing to see a fellow comrade leave. It's most unfortunate that you decided to leave, but I wish you many good years. Good bye and God speed.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-04 19:47:09

Where you headed Letiger? Also, nice to see you around Salad. I remember seeing you about one hundred and some odd pages ago. Speaking of pages, I was looking over page 420, not a single Pot joke at all. Were there at least some "ERROR 404 NOT FOUND" jokes on page 404?

Sure page jokes might come across as a bit spammy, but I see nothing wrong with one or two as long as the rest of the members keep the topic going with intelligent posts. :\

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-05 00:27:14

At 2/4/10 07:34 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Welcome back!

excellent, thanks!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-05 05:07:15

Right after the roster I am leaving. Just going to see what I got this week. Then gone. My reasons are my own.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-06 08:46:42

At 2/6/10 07:50 AM, Lizzardis wrote: It actually does look quite good.

Thanks in advance for touching it up a little. When I look at it now I see that it doesn't look nice at all, seeing as instead of doing it properly I rushed it and handled the effect by three layers of text coloured differently, which especially looks bad where the sides stick out far while the centre is thin.

And goodbye to Letiger. You haven't been a member long enough for me to know you well, but you were shaping up to be a very respectable member. I hope you keep everything you've learned during your time in the squad in your mind and you stay on a positive track.

*Salute*

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-06 13:54:04

At 2/6/10 07:50 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Awesome stuff! SongSalad, I have added you to the roster as a normal member again. Since you left, you can automatically be added BACK onto the roster without going through the apprenticeship stage. However, you will have no gain when the roster comes out tomorrow, as we have no record of your B/P last week. I hope you don't mind.

not at all, much better than I actually expected, thanks.

At 2/5/10 05:07 AM, letiger wrote:
bye

guess I'm sort of a trade for letiger then.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-06 19:38:59

At 2/6/10 02:32 PM, wcatdoor wrote: I dont even wanna know who they traded me for :(

Elder500, or his current name, Elder. Witty, pretty cool guy. He left to /b/rowse, although. Can't figure out why he couldn't do both.

Also, Liz: might or might not be active in the week to come. Probably not, but after that, my activity will pick up. The trimester is ending after next week, and my teachers are pushing in last minute projects + tests.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-06 20:30:32

Stolen Flash

On 'DailyFreeGames' in 2006.

I probably shouldn't have flagged this, when it gets removed it'll add one to my blam count, meaning that if I get 2499 my count will be bumped up to 2500. D:

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-06 21:27:17

At 2/6/10 08:30 PM, mwmike wrote: Stolen Flash
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/52 6781
On 'DailyFreeGames' in 2006.

it even has the copyright still in the corner. whistled.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-02-07 11:30:10

At 2/7/10 07:28 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Random Audio of the Week
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 09179
A new track by DjDjra. This guy is AWESOME and this track is very very good. Check it out ;)

That's a really good song man, nice find.

Top 5 Gainers:
1. Letiger - 76
2. HollowedPumkinz - 35
3. wcatdoor - 29
4. mwmike - 25
5. GodsBitch - 23

so this Letiger wanted to leave after getting the top gainer? It's not like that's super hard to do in this club right?