00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GMan2006i just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet

62,328 Views | 1,348 Replies

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:03:44

At 2/4/08 07:33 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Which hotel is it? Do you know what the price range is?

Don't know what it's called. Looks cheap. I'll check later.

Is there an SAQ around there? I only know the one near Snowdon on Decarie Boul.

Yeah within walking distance of the subway station and my appartment. Like 5 minutes. SWEET. It's small, but they all have the same shit anyways.

At 2/4/08 07:35 PM, mightypotato wrote:
That's really my motivation for going there. Although I do need to get rides in on Vampire and Cobra.

No, see, what you do is you go to Cedar Point, Ohio during the week, and then you go to the top Thrill Dragster and the Millenium Force and you do just that all day long.

At 2/4/08 07:42 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
The Vampire is good, but oh god, the Cobra is painful for your crotch. You won't be able to walk after. It's not worth it.

You're just not tall enough.
haha <3

At 2/4/08 08:12 PM, Warrickneff wrote:
I'd be willing to split with like 5 or 6 people on a room if this becomes a multi-night thing.

Yeah probably going to be at least friday night and saturday night.
I don't really know what to entertain you guys with because I'm a really really boring person though. I'm sure the other people have ideas.
Lazer tag always sounded great but I'm sure I'd suck at it.

At 2/4/08 08:14 PM, Proottalfain wrote: I live on south shore, I'm frenchy and I'm 16. I'll be free during weekends and during march break (la relâche). But as I'm a kiddy (look at my reply mood emoticon), I must assure my mom or brother can take me there.

you should probably wait until you're 18 to do this sort of thing. Alcohol and whatnot. Sorry I guess :/

At 2/4/08 08:23 PM, Zerok wrote:
if they have an online menu, links and a voting session would be my next step.

ok here:

http://www.st-hubert.com/en/menu.php
http://www.nickelsrestaurants.com/page.a sp?intNodeID=7153

But honestly neither of these places are that great. Don't know if we could get reservations for 20 people at a Nickels either, but I'm sure St-Hubert would be able to.
Bah.

Though I'd assume we're all going to be reasonably to horribly inebriated, so a pox-floor pileup might happen anyway... play this one by ear is my input.

Depends I guess. I imagine a room would cost maybe 90-100 bucks a night. That's peanut money if you split it 4-5 ways. Usually they have 2 beds, so 2 first people to pass out get beds and things drawn on their face, and the others sleep on the floor.

Probably would be better to those the bulk of the partying in a hotel room and not where we live, even though we live in the basement so we wouldn't piss people off too much because there's no one under us.
We don't have much entertainment though. Or places to sit :p It sorta sucks basically. More of a place to crash than party.

What about a Tim Hortons?

hmmm not that I recall, but there's probably one close. You can't leave Canada without going there, even though it's basically the exact same shit as a Dunkins Donut.
STILL.

Also there is a 24/7 grocery store if anyone gets munchies and wants to buy a frozen chicken/ a jar of mayonaise at 2 in the morning.

At 2/4/08 08:38 PM, Proottalfain wrote: If I'm not 18 yet and I want to come, would there be an option so I could, or is it impossible? And don't worry guys I'm not a complete immature kid.

I just really don't know man. Depends what the whole program shapes up to be, but since there will be much alcohol involved I don't really think it's a place for a minor to be :/
Sorry, I don't make the laws. Just be glad you don't live in the states haha.

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:14:28

Sweet, I'm excited about this. I'll be allowed to go out legally!

So, if it's the 21st of March weekend, I'm down. I'm also down for some hotel partying, though I hope it's not so posh that people would kick us out in the middle of the night for being rowdy. I'm quite content crashing with everyone. One thing that I forgot about was that I have a dance show sometime in March, but it's not a big deal if I miss it and I don't know what time in March, so it may not even be an issue. I'm not trying to make excuses already.

I'm getting excited.

Also I didn't see you mention an 18+ age limit, is that in effect?

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:21:16

At 2/4/08 09:14 PM, TropicalParadise wrote: Also I didn't see you mention an 18+ age limit, is that in effect?

I personally wouldn't mind something like that, no offense meant to younger users, but if liquor laws are like they are in the US, if a minor is caught with alcohol, any of age adult can potentially get in some legal trouble. doesn't matter where they got the booze, sometimes they'd go after everyone who's old enough to buy them the alcohol. If we plan on drinking, than I'd personally prefer to be all legit.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:25:26

At 2/4/08 09:21 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 2/4/08 09:14 PM, TropicalParadise wrote: Also I didn't see you mention an 18+ age limit, is that in effect?
I personally wouldn't mind something like that, no offense meant to younger users, but if liquor laws are like they are in the US, if a minor is caught with alcohol, any of age adult can potentially get in some legal trouble. doesn't matter where they got the booze, sometimes they'd go after everyone who's old enough to buy them the alcohol. If we plan on drinking, than I'd personally prefer to be all legit.

Well fake IDs have never failed me and Nova Scotia has stricter rules because they have the most universities in all of canada, and thus have the most needy 18 years olds who can't wait to turn 19. I don't think that the rules are that strict, but if we are in a hotel room and other people complain I can see how that would turn into an issue.

--

Also, Evan, you must come, I demand it.

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:34:36

At 2/4/08 08:55 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: I refuse already

I don't think Sam would accept that as an answer. Eating poutine is part of the Montreal meetup initiation.

At 2/4/08 09:03 PM, poxpower wrote: You're just not tall enough.
haha <3

Hey, hey. I'm 5'7. That's average!

At 2/4/08 09:18 PM, FBIpolux wrote: I need to think of a new haircut now... x_x

Oh man, not again. That sounds like a BAD idea.

At 2/4/08 09:21 PM, Malachy wrote: I personally wouldn't mind something like that, no offense meant to younger users, but if liquor laws are like they are in the US, if a minor is caught with alcohol, any of age adult can potentially get in some legal trouble.

HAHAHAHA - Quebec liquor laws are really, really NOT strict. Most people get into bars at 16 without even needing an ID. Girls with short skirts get in at 12 years of age. As long as you have your beer in a paper bag on the street you're fine.

I still recommend an 18+ age requirement because if you DO actually get carded, you can't really party with us at the bar. Plus, people who aren't used to this get all jittery and double their chances of getting carded.

At 2/4/08 09:25 PM, TropicalParadise wrote: Also, Evan, you must come, I demand it.

Evan says he'll come up every year and never does. :s

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:42:13

At 2/4/08 09:34 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: HAHAHAHA - Quebec liquor laws are really, really NOT strict. Most people get into bars at 16 without even needing an ID. Girls with short skirts get in at 12 years of age. As long as you have your beer in a paper bag on the street you're fine.

that's comforting. so if I find a cute vixen in the club, I better card her to make sure I don't go to jail?
grant it, it may be a better choice if i consider what my fiancee would do to me...

I might bring her along and we can defile pox's pad ^_^

I still recommend an 18+ age requirement because if you DO actually get carded, you can't really party with us at the bar. Plus, people who aren't used to this get all jittery and double their chances of getting carded.

lol. if we go clubbing, I could care less. but if we're drinking at somebody's house...i'd still prefer 18+

evark never hung out with me when he came to my area :(

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:42:20

Also pox, how far away do you live from.. I think it's called St. Catherine's Street. Polux and I went there, so maybe he can tell me.

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:45:23

At 2/4/08 09:34 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
I don't think Sam would accept that as an answer. Eating poutine is part of the Montreal meetup initiation.

I've already been scolded : (

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 21:57:29

I would go, but LOLS I'M 15
and montreal's a couple hours away, I love the city though :D

REALITIY, IT'S JUST, IT'S JUST-REALITY

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:01:34

At 2/4/08 09:51 PM, FBIpolux wrote: And you'll have to drink in my flask... >:)

ugh... not that flask again. >.>

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:04:13

You know me so well<3

Shawn says:
BUT I'M NOT EATING POUTINE
Skippy - Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda says:
dude
Skippy - Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda says:
you have to at least try
jeeeez
Shawn says:
haha ok here's the thing, I was explaining to pox
Shawn says:
I hate gravy. on anything
you are crazy
how ever
still trying
maybe this will change you
Shawn says:
I love cheese. n' fries
YOU'RE TRYING EITHER WAY
Shawn says:

(

k<3

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:05:32

At 2/4/08 10:04 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: You know me so well<3

poutine is like crack for you people

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:07:07

At 2/4/08 10:05 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 2/4/08 10:04 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: You know me so well<3
poutine is like crack for you people

It's not our fault it's the best tasting food ever invented.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:08:43

At 2/4/08 10:07 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: It's not our fault it's the best tasting food ever invented.

actually...yes. It is your fault.

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:34:36

At 2/4/08 09:42 PM, TropicalParadise wrote: Also pox, how far away do you live from.. I think it's called St. Catherine's Street. Polux and I went there, so maybe he can tell me.

I don't know. All I know is that you'd need to take the subway.

At 2/4/08 10:04 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:

jesus christ that's one long SN

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:37:42

i already ate poutine in 2006 and hated it so im excempt from having to eat it again.

oh yeah im goin.. someone fill me in on aim sometime. Need to find a decent place to stay.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:44:37

At 2/4/08 07:33 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
At 2/4/08 05:23 PM, poxpower wrote: At 2/4/08 06:21 PM, mightypotato wrote: Just out of curiosity, when does La Ronde open for the year?
Some time in May. You should try the Goliath, it's awesome. It's also Ramcees' (sniper) FAVORITE ride.

Plus, if you're lucky enough, you can sometimes win stuff. Last time we went, Vegeton won a PSP, but he wasn't quick enough and it flew away :(

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:49:34

At 2/4/08 10:04 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: Shawn says:
I hate gravy. on anything

Solution : Italian poutine : fries, cheese and spaghetti sauce

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 22:59:12

Right well I feel like I'm definitely going to come. I owe Luis a handjob anyway.

As for poutine, I'm not even from Quebec and it's an addiction. Oh and why has no one mentioned Smoked Meat?

As for 18+ it's probably best it be enforced at least somewhat. For the out of towners, shit could get ugly if some 15 year DOES get picked up on the whole underage business.

If we grab a restaurant, my vote goes St. Hubert. I'd prefer we NOT eat in a restaurant that has anything to do with Celine Dion (cough, NICKELS, cough).

I guess I'll be keeping tabs on this thread then to stay up to date.

On a side note, this summer, who's up for an Ottawa meet. I could show you all the, uhhh, hmm... PARLIAMENT! YEAH! No? Bad idea?

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 23:02:15

At 2/4/08 10:59 PM, MRat wrote: On a side note, this summer, who's up for an Ottawa meet. I could show you all the, uhhh, hmm... PARLIAMENT! YEAH! No? Bad idea?

Been there, done that. Nothing special. How about the best bars? now that's something! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 23:03:59

At 2/4/08 11:02 PM, SNIPER wrote: Been there, done that. Nothing special. How about the best bars? now that's something! :D

Dude, Ottawa closes at 5...

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 23:05:36

At 2/4/08 11:03 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Dude, Ottawa closes at 5...

Wait what?! AM or PM? cause if it's AM, then much drinking can be had! :D

If it's PM, then... WTF do people do there?! >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 23:09:17

Pfeh poutine served in Montreal is shit. Victo has the best poutine evar worldwide.

srsly when you eat that shiet you go "OMFG MOAR"

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 23:10:53

does anyone know which airport I need?

YUL pierre-trudeau or YMQ-all?

it seems like YUL is my only option anyway. regardless they're both in montreal so I can't go too wrong..

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 23:17:00

You need to get off at YUL. That's Montreal's ONLY passenger airport. There's another airport on the outskirts, but it's for cargo planes.

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 23:34:00

At 2/4/08 11:03 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 2/4/08 11:02 PM, SNIPER wrote: Been there, done that. Nothing special. How about the best bars? now that's something! :D
Dude, Ottawa closes at 5...

Precisely. The sad truth right here folks.

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-04 23:35:57

On the topic of Poutine. I actually was able to purchase, and even eat it, in the United States of America once.

If you ever hit up Malone, New York, many a locale there serve poutine!

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-05 00:08:07

sounds like this is really shaping up, so i'll throw a few more questions out. is this going to be an event that consumes an entire weekend? i'm not against this btw. also, where is this going down? as in what part of town, i'll probably be taking the metro, so what stop is closest to the area we're gonna be fucking up?

also, possibly the most important question, is anyone interested in taking some variety of drugs? I'm not just talking about smokin a few doobs, does anyone want to trip or shit lol lemme know

BBS Signature

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-05 00:12:48

At 2/4/08 11:09 PM, Preternatural wrote: Pfeh poutine served in Montreal is shit. Victo has the best poutine evar worldwide.
srsly when you eat that shiet you go "OMFG MOAR"

Can't argue with that. Got my first taste at a Victoriaville poutine a couple of months ago, and yes, it's awesome. (actually, Warwick poutine is the best, but it's pretty much the same)

At 2/5/08 12:08 AM, cheesebizkit wrote: also, possibly the most important question, is anyone interested in taking some variety of drugs? I'm not just talking about smokin a few doobs, does anyone want to trip or shit lol lemme know

Yeaaaah... I don't think so...

Response to Zeep zoop, organizing Montreal meet 2008-02-05 00:49:15

At 2/4/08 09:42 PM, TropicalParadise wrote: Also pox, how far away do you live from.. I think it's called St. Catherine's Street. Polux and I went there, so maybe he can tell me.

Pretty far. It's not really in the downtown area, but then again, he's 5 min from the metro (still need to switch 2 lines though). I'd predict a 30-40 min metro ride, mainly because of the switches and a holiday weekend.

At 2/4/08 10:44 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Plus, if you're lucky enough, you can sometimes win stuff. Last time we went, Vegeton won a PSP, but he wasn't quick enough and it flew away :(

For the reference, he's saying that because some kid in front of us on the Goliath went with his PSP. On the ride, he decided to lift up his arms and his PSP went flying into the air (and got totally dismantled after it fell). It truly was a priceless moment.