00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BIGBADWOLF84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,400 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-30 21:26:21

how the fuck do you carve pumpkins?! It took me like an hour to prep that thing before I could even start cutting into it, but when I did.M..boy was it hard. I thought the flesh would be a lot softer than that. All I have is long and short kitchen knives, but they're going to break my wrist if I do any more work

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-30 22:10:46

Hahaha, it just takes time, patience and dedication.
My Mortal Kombat pumpkin was carved with only a simple, mildly serrated paring knife.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-30 22:19:07

At 10/30/09 09:26 PM, Fleshlight wrote: how the fuck do you carve pumpkins?! It took me like an hour to prep that thing before I could even start cutting into it, but when I did.M..boy was it hard. I thought the flesh would be a lot softer than that. All I have is long and short kitchen knives, but they're going to break my wrist if I do any more work

I use a big ol' knife to cut the tops, and an ice cream scooper to scrape the insides. Then I use an x-acto knife to do the carving (small and slow going! lol) This year I got some clay carving tools... they seem to be working pretty good so far.

just taking a break right now... better get back to it if I wanna finish by tomorrowl!!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-30 22:59:23

I ended up using a screwdriver to carve it up some more. My pumpkin's ending up more like a sculpture though. Should've just bought clay tools instead of this crappy pumpkin carving set.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-30 23:47:00

actually I just got done carving a pumpkin, I was at a Halloween Party and they had a contest going and so I did my in about 25 minuets with my pocket knife.

got 3rd place

Ended up winning 20 bucks for Domino's pizza.
Pictues...
although not NG related, do you still think I can enter it?

Art Forum Lounge

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 10:36:30

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 11:33:28

At 10/31/09 11:12 AM, zrb wrote: Does this happen to you ?

Meh, if it's only the next day, then usually I'm alright with keeping the style going. It's only after a real long break that I have trouble finding my direction for the piece.
What you want to do is when you come back to the piece, take a deep breath, relax your mind and recall what you did on the piece before now. Relive the memory of turning the blank canvas into what you see before you. Then when you can see those memories, let them envelope you and submerge you in them. Then it should be much easier to continue with what you're doing with the same style.
I know it may seem complicated, but once you get used to it, it's a fairly simple task and it doesn't take long either.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 11:37:59

At 10/31/09 11:33 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
yoga mumbo jumbo...

You dirty hippie you!

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 11:56:15

At 10/31/09 11:37 AM, Lundsfryd wrote:
At 10/31/09 11:33 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
yoga mumbo jumbo...
You dirty hippie you!

It's not yoga hippie crap, it's the inner spiritual zen of a ninja master. Ninja's are in tune with the forces of the universe.
Besides, you're the one with the crazy hippie hair :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 11:58:57

At 10/31/09 11:56 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

It's not yoga hippie crap, it's the inner spiritual zen of a ninja master. Ninja's are in tune with the forces of the universe.
Besides, you're the one with the crazy hippie hair :P

Meh.. Ninjas.. Hippies.. It's all the same..

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 11:59:17

Also, Happy Halloween everyone.
Also also, because I'm stubborn like this and since today is halloween...
Mortal Kombat Pumpkin for Front Page!!!!
Yeah....

I'd better leave now

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 12:56:48

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Woo!

How is everyone celebrating this glorious Eve of All Saints Day?

I have no plans, So I'm probably going to spend my time playing Borderlands (I can't kill Mothrokk, God damn fireball spewing, flying lizard/moth thing!) and giving out candy if anyone shows up at the door (the street I live on is very dark and rarely get's any trick-or-treaters).

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:05:45

At 10/31/09 12:56 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Woo!

How is everyone celebrating this glorious Eve of All Saints Day?

We don't celebrate Halloween in Denmark. We have a very similar tradition though (called fastelavn), basicly the same, but there isn't any "evil" theme.. People can just dress up like anything.. Lame.. Also we don't trick or treat for candy but for money, and you have to sing a song when people open the door.. Damn I hate fastelavn..
So I am going to celebrate halloween at my favourite music venue, hopefully drinking onehundredmillion beers..

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:10:32

At 10/31/09 12:56 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: How is everyone celebrating this glorious Eve of All Saints Day?
I have no plans, So I'm probably going to spend my time playing Borderlands (I can't kill Mothrokk, God damn fireball spewing, flying lizard/moth thing!) and giving out candy if anyone shows up at the door (the street I live on is very dark and rarely get's any trick-or-treaters).

My buddy has that game and that damn bird is annoying as fuck. Stupid bastard.
I'm heading over to a friends house, she's throwing a party.
Also, what is everyone dressing up as? (If you are dressing up that is)
I'm gonna be Patrick Bateman, from American Psycho.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:15:52

At 10/31/09 01:10 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I'm gonna be Patrick Bateman, from American Psycho.

As seen in the naked yoga scene.. Im sure that will get you some attention at the party :P

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:20:21

At 10/31/09 01:15 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: As seen in the naked yoga scene.. Im sure that will get you some attention at the party :P

I was thinking about the naked chainsaw scene, but.... I don't have a chainsaw XD
I'm doing the Paul Allen scene, which was in the second link for anyone who hasn't seen the movie

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:23:02

At 10/31/09 01:20 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/31/09 01:15 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: As seen in the naked yoga scene.. Im sure that will get you some attention at the party :P
I was thinking about the naked chainsaw scene, but.... I don't have a chainsaw XD
I'm doing the Paul Allen scene, which was in the second link for anyone who hasn't seen the movie

Oh.. Smart move, you are going with the plasic raincoatish thing and an axe too? Because othervise you might end up just looking like any character who has ever worn a suit and tie.

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:31:09

At 10/31/09 01:23 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Oh.. Smart move, you are going with the plasic raincoatish thing and an axe too? Because othervise you might end up just looking like any character who has ever worn a suit and tie.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a plastic raincoat, but I do have an axe. Also, I have business cards :D

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:38:22

Ninja's are in tune with the forces of the universe.

no thats jedis, they also have hippy hair

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:38:30

At 10/31/09 01:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Unfortunately I couldn't find a plastic raincoat, but I do have an axe. Also, I have business cards :D

Oh.. Too bad.. But the buisness cards do help quite a bit :D

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 13:43:39

At 10/31/09 01:38 PM, ashman112 wrote:
Ninja's are in tune with the forces of the universe.
no thats jedis, they also have hippy hair

By universe, I meant world, our world, what humanity inhabits.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-10-31 17:16:48

At 10/31/09 01:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
By universe, I meant world, our world, what humanity inhabits.

ninjas are attune with nature and at one with the elements
is that better

hippy crap

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-11-01 16:58:57

NEW SUBJECT.

i dreamt one night in a beautiful gossamer dream that there was such a device that took the form of a drawing tablet, but was entirely self-contained with a real screen and the ability to use photoshop with no external laptop/computer needed so i could take it and draw anywhere. and without the extra 8 lbs of a cruddy notebook book built into it.

is there such a tablet IN THIS MORTAL REALM? i've been reading about the macpad but its steered to be more of a glorified itouch than a dedicated drawing tablet. my productivity would skyrocket if there was such a tablet that didn't need a host to plug into and feed off of...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-11-01 17:50:16

a laptop where you can draw on the screen basically, wacom does something like that i think, but it might not be, i know iv seen them before but they cost a lot i have no idea where to find them

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-11-01 18:06:33

At 11/1/09 05:50 PM, ashman112 wrote: a laptop where you can draw on the screen basically, wacom does something like that i think, but it might not be, i know iv seen them before but they cost a lot i have no idea where to find them

the Cintiq 21UX

This is what you guys are thinking of
good luck selling off a kidney for one.

Links
http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/cintiq-21ux.
php

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-11-01 18:23:27

At 11/1/09 06:06 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: the Cintiq 21UX

Sadly that's not what sucho is talking about. While Cintiq's are freaking awesome (I got to use one for my junior and senior years of college) they are not portable in the sense that they still need a computer and operating system to function. You can't just take the tablet around with you and be able to draw, it needs power.

I definitely believe that wacom or some big company like microsoft or apple will come out with an on-screen tablet PC that is specifically geared for digital artists in the future though. If you could just pack up one of those Cintiq's and pop on the power and draw away in photoshop outside, or on the plane or a car ride that would be sweet. I know there are tablet PC's out there, but none that I know of with the functionality and preciseness of a wacom.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-11-01 22:30:35

May I point out that Ninja are just well trained assassins, stop trying to make them magic.
It pisses me off.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-11-01 22:31:38

At 11/1/09 10:30 PM, Vousielle wrote: May I point out that Ninja are just well trained assassins, stop trying to make them magic.
It pisses me off.

are we back on the Magic Canadian Ninja subject again?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-11-01 22:37:22

At 11/1/09 10:31 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/1/09 10:30 PM, Vousielle wrote: May I point out that Ninja are just well trained assassins, stop trying to make them magic.
It pisses me off.
are we back on the Magic Canadian Ninja subject again?

Who said anything about magic? I most certainly did not.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2009-11-01 22:38:59

At 11/1/09 10:37 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Who said anything about magic? I most certainly did not.

it came up somewhere so I went with it.

hey at least you don't where any bright orange jump suites

BBS Signature