00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CR3470 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,279 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 08:28:01

Stealing is very inspiring...

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 08:44:54

Definitely music for me, and it could be completely random. Even genre that I don't listen to; if it gets the gears turning it's fine.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 11:02:04

I just draw whenever the urge hits me.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 11:55:30

Even though I haven't posted or done any art in a while, I get my inspiration from the world around me, through the things I see and interact with. Whether it be people, or music, or movies/television, just about anything can have the ability to provide that simple little spark that is needed to ignite the imagination.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 12:48:13

Hm. I guess my life and personal experiences inspire me the most. I love music and movies, but nothing really gets me thinking more than whatever is actually happening in my life at the time, good or bad.

And in a way, I guess my drawings kind of inspire themselves too. I have this insatiable need to create a back story for everything, so one idea I'm working on that's sort of lame and uninspired usually ends up to me having 2 or 3 others ideas that I scribble out in a journal for later. If only I had time for that journal...

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 13:53:48

At 12/8/12 01:48 PM, Escalus wrote:
D aren't these the coolest stairs ever?

Would be even cooler if they worked.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 14:00:36

At 12/8/12 01:53 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:

They do.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 14:07:20

At 12/8/12 02:00 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote:
At 12/8/12 01:53 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
They do.

NO WAY! I must fly there, get a group of people and play Scott Joplin's "The Entertainer". That would be one epic day!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 14:37:51

I'm a terribly human being and only the pleasure of having tricked myself into working inspires me to continue. I find it very hard to start.

Envy is probably my biggest inspiration.

I'm such a low life

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 14:59:17

I don't think anything's going to get through to Hiryu, guys :c
He doesn't want advice, he wants praise. So unless you've got praise to give, I think it's best not to say anything.
I don't want to see anyone else get in trouble because they got carried away trying to knock his indestructible ego down a peg. Guys.
Please.
Guys.

Stap.

:C

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 15:03:28

At 12/8/12 02:59 PM, Kumakun4 wrote: I don't think anything's going to get through to Hiryu, guys :c
He doesn't want advice, he wants praise. So unless you've got praise to give, I think it's best not to say anything.
I don't want to see anyone else get in trouble because they got carried away trying to knock his indestructible ego down a peg. Guys.
Please.
Guys.

Stap.

C

Wow...You know, it's comments like these that set me off. I am asking for help in my thread, I am being kind and courteous, and I am trying my damndest to keep my ego in check, so saying shit like this is really starting to piss me off. I AM TRYING; and I do mean REALLY TRYING to keep my ego in check. I have been nothing but gracious towards you people, but you keep interpreting it wrong. For God's sake, I took a review by Amaranthus which was 2/5 stars, by the way, and thanked him for his feedback. I am also continuously asking for advice, I have made changes to my latest drawing, based on what is being said, and I am keeping my defenses to a fucking MINIMUM. If that's not proof enough that I am at least TRYING to change, then what WILL be?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 15:07:03

Please please PLEASE don't reply to him.
I know it's tempting but don't.
Just... don't.
I don't think it's worth telling him the time of day, and you shouldn't either.
If he can't figure out why everyone's upset with him by now, then he'll never figure it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 16:31:46

On the subject of inspiration, I have recently run dry of the imagination I held so dear as a child. Now I deprive myself of sleep to hallucinate and feed off of depression. Which hopefully explains to most people why my stuff looks the way it does. It has actually driven me to literally hate art. I want to bleed whatever bit of "art" there is from my body and mind and be done with it forever before it ends me.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 16:42:17

At 12/8/12 04:31 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: I want to bleed whatever bit of "art" there is from my body and mind and be done with it forever before it ends me.

You're still young. It's a phase.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 16:51:05

At 12/8/12 04:42 PM, Kumakun4 wrote:
At 12/8/12 04:31 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: I want to bleed whatever bit of "art" there is from my body and mind and be done with it forever before it ends me.
You're still young. It's a phase.

u do'nt Kno my lyfe and my feels.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 17:32:01

At 12/8/12 04:31 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: It has actually driven me to literally hate art.

Oof, try getting inspiration from horse mask sex instead.

censored for your pleasure

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 17:42:18

At 12/8/12 05:32 PM, Lintire wrote:

I am both appalled, and intrigued... but mostly appalled

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 17:53:22

At 12/8/12 05:42 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 12/8/12 05:32 PM, Lintire wrote:
I am both appalled, and intrigued... but mostly appalled

Like it huh? Well have some more.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 18:54:08

Personal question for you guys, does the date of signing up affect how people look at your art? For instance if some guy signs up yesterday and post mediocre work, are you more harsh or forgiving? Like the only thing I have right now is the stupid thing on my page, and was wondering if you guys would act like sharks like you did with that fruitykiwi guy who didn't add a mothe-loving cannon to his blue bimbo.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 19:02:04

At 12/8/12 06:54 PM, IronIroh wrote: Personal question for you guys, does the date of signing up affect how people look at your art? For instance if some guy signs up yesterday and post mediocre work, are you more harsh or forgiving? Like the only thing I have right now is the stupid thing on my page, and was wondering if you guys would act like sharks like you did with that fruitykiwi guy who didn't add a mothe-loving cannon to his blue bimbo.

Joining date or skill has nothing to do with it.
It's all about humility and the will to learn.
If you're willing to step out of your comfort zone and try different styles, try different techniques and learn the basics, you'll get far. It's not only true to the art forums, it applies to any discipline.
No matter where you go, there's going to be people who are better than you.
If you can accept that fact and muster the resolve to learn from those people, then your artwork will definitely improve.
And that's really all anyone is saying here.
You need to master the basics before you even think of drawing in the style of your choice.
Otherwise you end up with wonky anatomy and half-assed backgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 19:05:06

At 12/8/12 06:54 PM, IronIroh wrote: Signup date

In this particular case the user had just created said account to avoid a ban and a poor reputation. For me signup date doesn't matter unless it was created within the same week as posting.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 19:29:15

As someone who spends much more time on general where post-count fascism can sometimes be atrocious, I can hoenstly say the art forum is the best I have ever seen for disregarding this meaningless date stamp

I'm not banned, this is just where I'm vulgar.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 19:31:57

At 12/8/12 07:29 PM, AnotherOtto wrote: As someone who spends much more time on general where post-count fascism can sometimes be atrocious, I can hoenstly say the art forum is the best I have ever seen for disregarding this meaningless date stamp.

That's because unlike general, the art forums has other ways of measuring someone's credibility.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 19:40:10

At 12/8/12 06:54 PM, IronIroh wrote: Personal question for you guys, does the date of signing up affect how people look at your art?

Everyone knows that signup date is the most important aspect of all activity on the forum. Don't let anyone tell you different.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 19:50:21

At 12/8/12 07:40 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 12/8/12 06:54 PM, IronIroh wrote: Personal question for you guys, does the date of signing up affect how people look at your art?
Everyone knows that signup date is the most important aspect of all activity on the forum. Don't let anyone tell you different.

It's all about general stats: amount of forum posts, level, rank etc. Personally I won't look at another artists work unless their at least a level 10. Every user should sell their social life in an attempt to gain notoriety in the NG art portal.

/sarcasm

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 20:00:23

At 12/8/12 07:50 PM, Decky wrote: It's all about general stats: amount of forum posts, level, rank etc. Personally I won't look at another artists work unless their at least a level 10. Every user should sell their social life in an attempt to gain notoriety in the NG art portal.

/sarcasm

No way! It's easy to vote on 5 flash movies a day and even easier to spam the forums. But lets see you go back in time to sign up earlier. Being here longer than others is a huge achievement that makes you worthy of love, respect, and even charity. That said, checks made out to cash pls.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 20:57:45

At 12/8/12 08:00 PM, Sockembop wrote: No way! It's easy to vote on 5 flash movies a day and even easier to spam the forums. But lets see you go back in time to sign up earlier.

Challenge accepted. I will now retreat to the shed to begin hitting bits of metal with a hammer and staring at test tubes with a look of pure concentration, something is bound to happen eventually, right?

Art Forum Lounge

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 23:08:20

I'm from 2005 and have 4000+ posts

SO BOW TO ME ASSHOLES, BEFORE I USE MY VILE MAGICS

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 23:11:51

At 12/8/12 11:08 PM, x-factor11 wrote: I'm from 2005 and have 4000+ posts

SO BOW TO ME ASSHOLES, BEFORE I USE MY VILE MAGICS

magic of the gay variety more like, noob

I AM THE SUPERIOR!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2012-12-08 23:16:43

At 12/8/12 11:14 PM, Escalus wrote: Like this magical gay variety?

yeah like that, but gayer, because he likes to fondle horses and dreams that one day he can get penetrated by a unicorn

I AM THE SUPERIOR!

BBS Signature