00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

959,956 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-01 04:13:59

my hand is my canvas

we are trees

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-01 04:33:38

At 8/1/11 04:13 AM, CloudEater wrote: my hand is my canvas
we are trees

hi

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 11:26:11

shiity drawing
..gets one somewhat helpful review

People think this is a useless review.
Author's Response:
"No."

>:C

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-02 12:15:50

But apparently, someone rated this up to useful

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 06:21:52

This is why I suck at drawing

Art Forum Lounge

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 06:22:53

ugh....ok. First of all, the style, obviously you don't know how to use it, you can't use that kind of style with a picture/image in movement, why? well because the train for example doesn't look like is 100% moving... because of the style. Then again, I said "not 100%". It does look like an intent of make a train in movement;now, while the train tries to be in movement the kid is just stand there with out any movement at all, it looks like a fucking stamp , why? again, because of a really bad use of this style. Now to the next, and probably the WORST fucking thing about this picture: the bear....more specifically the smile, it's more than a disaster, it's horrible. Don't know why but you just decided to use the pencil on it... very bad decision, it doesn't match at all with the rest of the picture. And yeah, EVEN if you want it to look like that, again... bad decision. All this makes an aweful picture and something disgusting to look at. It's a beautiful, solid, and big piece of shit. Have a great day sir. =

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 07:36:41

At 8/5/11 06:21 AM, Knocturne wrote: This is why I suck at drawing

You suck at drawing because some fag who doesn't know much about art thinks your style is bad.

I just think you need to try and give your paintings more details &or texture.
You can draw well, your art just lacks sometimes when there is no inking or lineart.
In this drawing (#) the body looks really flat and the drawing seems unfinished. With lineart the flatness wouldn't be as much of a problem. Your train drawing also has that flatness problem/ lack of depth.

This drawing (#), while it is outlineless it has texture, shading (although the shading is kinda odd in some places) and some depth.
This drawing (#) doesn't really have shading apart from the dark parts around the collar, but the outline/sketch thing makes the drawing seem complete and.. good.. :)

That guy saying your stuff is bad because of your use of 'this style' isn't helpful at all and doesn't make sense.. :I ,~so yea, you just need to work on depth and shading when you do art or something like that.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 08:22:36

At 8/5/11 06:21 AM, Knocturne wrote: This is why I suck at drawing

This is in response to this painting?

I can see what he's saying, but he has no idea to describe it. Such as this gem:

It does look like an intent of make a train in movement; now, while the train tries to be in movement the kid is just stand there with out any movement at all, it looks like a fucking stamp

I agree. For what reason?

why? again, because of a really bad use of this style.

Style has nothing to do with it. The pics on Google follow the train, and the background blurs since it is moving rapidly away from the train. There are also lots of lines which suggest the path of the train.

Now to the next, and probably the WORST fucking thing about this picture: the bear....more specifically the smile, it's more than a disaster, it's horrible. Don't know why but you just decided to use the pencil on it... very bad decision, it doesn't match at all with the rest of the picture.

The smile doesn't nuke the picture to make it an abomination, but it could look more like it was attached to the bear, rather than a scribble over the painting. You could try using a softer edged brush, or draw it on a new new Multiply or Soft Light layer.

Of course nothing's more reliable at getting your message across than a good ol' insult at the end.
Particularly since the artist is the only person who's going to read it ...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 08:32:29

At 8/5/11 08:22 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: This is in response to this painting?

Personally I think the awkward thing about the painting is that the bear's entire body is pointed away from the train but the picture is acting like he's pointed towards it. By all accounts he shouldn't be able to see that girlboychild the way he's standing.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 13:50:10

my post is so much better than Rob's and Ian's...

we are trees

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 13:58:47

At 8/5/11 01:50 PM, CloudEater wrote: my post is so much better than Rob's and Ian's...
we are trees

What's with the we are trees thing?

Also, good points cept Aigis, because I do believe the bear is doing a 3/4 stance like a performer on stage would do so the audience can see them better while they talk with another actor.

I guess if I focus on finishing the drawing and pay more attention to texture and detail I'll get over some of the suck but the guy's pm made me laugh because I guess he thought I thought of myself as awesome

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 14:06:07

At 8/5/11 01:58 PM, Knocturne wrote:
At 8/5/11 01:50 PM, CloudEater wrote: my post is so much better than Rob's and Ian's...
we are trees
What's with the we are trees thing?

Also, good points cept Aigis, because I do believe the bear is doing a 3/4 stance like a performer on stage would do so the audience can see them better while they talk with another actor.

The angle that the bear's body is facing is irrelevant and stupid.
Comment on my post instead Keeeeff.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 14:12:19

At 8/5/11 07:36 AM, CloudObler wrote: That guy saying your stuff is bad because of your use of 'this style' isn't helpful at all and doesn't make sense.. :I ,~so yea, you just need to work on depth and shading when you do art or something like that.

Thank you, it really hit home for me, I'm going to work on a drawing that relies on texture and lighting a bit more or at least there'd be attention to these aspects to create a greater sense of depth.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 21:10:31

At 8/5/11 01:58 PM, Knocturne wrote: Also, good points cept Aigis, because I do believe the bear is doing a 3/4 stance like a performer on stage would do so the audience can see them better while they talk with another actor.

This is what the picture looks like to me, Knocturne:

(1. is a stage play, 2. is your picture).

Art Forum Lounge

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-05 23:01:52

Would anyone like to participate in a dA Who can get the most favorites on their fan art, type contest? For giggles?

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-06 00:43:28

At 8/5/11 11:01 PM, Knocturne wrote: Would anyone like to participate in a dA Who can get the most favorites on their fan art, type contest? For giggles?

No, Knoc, stop trying to boost your ego.
Your fanart/whoring dA has so many watchers and so many views, it wouldn't really be fair.

Yes, I'm calling your contest unfair because you are too popular. QQ

I will, however, make fanart for shits and giggles, but only if my Moon card will be accepted when I give it to you sometime this weekend, and Fifty will have to cry somewhere.

Do we have a deal? ... please say we have a deal ._.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-06 00:49:29

At 8/5/11 11:01 PM, Knocturne wrote: Would anyone like to participate in a dA...

No....

But dA?

I sad no... it involves dA, so no....

But...

This Is NEWGROUNDS!
No dA

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-06 00:53:12

I have an account with no uploads though Kashi ;P

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-06 00:59:07

At 8/6/11 12:53 AM, Knocturne wrote: I have an account with no uploads though Kashi ;P

Sure you do :P
, meh... I'll at least watch :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-06 01:02:26

At 8/6/11 12:53 AM, Knocturne wrote: I have an account with no uploads though Kashi ;P

I did not fail to notice how you pointedly didn't respond to the second half of my post.
Stickam is in order ;)

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-06 19:54:28

jee

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-06 20:12:14

At 8/5/11 01:58 PM, Knocturne wrote: Also, good points cept Aigis, because I do believe the bear is doing a 3/4 stance like a performer on stage would do so the audience can see them better while they talk with another actor.

... I was quite impressed by Aigis' critique. He's right that Bear wouldn't be looking at the child, since the only eye pointing at it would be the blind one.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-07 02:01:33

Yeah, he can't see out of the red patch but his head is turns 3/4ths it doesn't quite look right because his head is more ovular and I couldn't portray it quite right so I guess he's right I shoulda pulled the foreshortening a bit more to make it a more obvious illusion.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-07 16:46:45

The forum is kind of dead today :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-07 16:54:45

At 8/7/11 04:46 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: The forum is kind of dead today :'(

Holidays perhaps?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-07 16:57:47

At 8/7/11 04:54 PM, Havegum wrote:
Holidays perhaps?

Perhaps....
Where you been Gumby?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-07 17:13:29

At 8/7/11 04:57 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Perhaps....
Where you been Gumby?

Well these past few weeks I've been travelling about - mostly without internet.
Other than that, I've just faded away from the forum, don't really know why.

I definitely wanna get back though ...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-07 17:30:11

Well, if you want something to be alive, you've got to pump the life into it, yourself.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-07 17:32:29

At 8/7/11 05:30 PM, Lintire wrote:
Well, if you want something to be alive, you've got to pump the life into it, yourself.

I don't do well with the mouth to mouth.... unless she is hot...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2011-08-07 23:02:01

At 8/7/11 05:32 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I don't do well with the mouth to mouth.... unless she is hot...

Save your breath.... you need it to blow up your date later ;P