00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

960,069 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-08 23:30:34

At 3/8/10 05:14 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: (Double Post)
This is gonna sound stupid, but where are the forum leaderboards?
(I gotta stop using the gasp face)

Art Forum Leaderboards.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-08 23:35:18

Hahaha, I'm so funny and witty.

All this studying is really getting to me.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-08 23:54:46

At 3/8/10 11:15 PM, ornery wrote:
At 3/8/10 10:26 PM, Joshsouza wrote: DONE you can barely see it though. 3 minute Photoshop job
I cant decide whether i should kiss you are stab you in the eye.

Oh shi- uhh... it was Johny!

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 04:25:17

At 3/8/10 11:30 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Art Forum Leaderboards.

If this thing counted from october then I would be way up there but I just haven't been able to waste as much time on the Art Forums because it's my final year of school.... :(

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 05:01:11

At 3/8/10 03:20 PM, Snowman wrote: I can has mowhawk?

I used to get a mohawk around every summer, but got lazy and sick of the work that was involved with it. Last one I had I grew out to around 10 inches or so before I decided to clip it.

bright green to, was badass

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 08:14:23

why is everybody using aweso sigs when theyre not even involved in it, gah its annoying when people jump on the bandwagon when they dont even know what its about

our newest aweso impersonator....spaghetti14

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 08:33:34

At 3/9/10 08:14 AM, ashman112 wrote: why is everybody using aweso sigs when theyre not even involved in it, gah its annoying when people jump on the bandwagon when they dont even know what its about

Instead of bitching, why cant you just celebrate the fact that these people obviously just want to be part of this community.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 08:37:33

At 3/9/10 08:33 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 3/9/10 08:14 AM, ashman112 wrote: why is everybody using aweso sigs when theyre not even involved in it, gah its annoying when people jump on the bandwagon when they dont even know what its about
Instead of bitching, why cant you just celebrate the fact that these people obviously just want to be part of this community.

if they were art stickam regs then id be ok, but when theyv only just started posting, havent posted for ages or have a badly made sig, im gunna say sumin, and theyre already part of the community, just not the awesos, im not bitchin im just sayin

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 14:05:00

Enough "of the Week" threads. Too many to participate in. Attendance--, Number++.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 14:15:48

At 3/8/10 11:30 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Art Forum Leaderboards.

I'd genuinely roll you all for lurk time.
But it's good I ain't on thar, can't be officially classed as a KING LOSER

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 14:19:12

At 3/9/10 02:05 PM, El-Presidente wrote: Enough "of the Week" threads. Too many to participate in. Attendance--, Number++.

well creature and character are the main ones, art challenge and comic book are going, simple character aswell, doubles isnt running at the moment, so there isnt that many running right now

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 16:07:31

Can't figure out how to just post a link of it here, but I'm going to be painting my Raffi live on Stickam for awhile. Pretty sure you can find it just by going to my profile on stickam (captainben). Somewhere should mention something about me being "live".

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 16:17:33

At 3/9/10 04:07 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Can't figure out how to just post a link of it here, but I'm going to be painting my Raffi live on Stickam for awhile. Pretty sure you can find it just by going to my profile on stickam (captainben). Somewhere should mention something about me being "live".

You mean here?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 17:09:27

Hey guys. I want to start a discussion on how you people paint in Photoshop, like how'd you start, then how'd you colour. I am asking because I'm looking nor new tecniques to try out. I personaly start wit a normal brush 1-3px in size using a wacom tablet size is also dependant on pen pressure. After most lineart is done, I find a base colour with a new layer and have the layer effect (?) on multiply and change brush sizes/layer transparency/colours from there.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 17:20:08

At 3/9/10 05:09 PM, AlmostDead1 wrote: Hey guys. I want to start a discussion on how you people paint in Photoshop, like how'd you start, then how'd you colour. I am asking because I'm looking nor new tecniques to try out. I personaly start wit a normal brush 1-3px in size using a wacom tablet size is also dependant on pen pressure. After most lineart is done, I find a base colour with a new layer and have the layer effect (?) on multiply and change brush sizes/layer transparency/colours from there.

What do you mean "You People!"
you gotta problem with us bronze gloves? huh?

ok enough with the "Angry Bronze Glove Man" skit.

actually I'm not thatoggd at digital color.
but I draw by hand, ink in illustrator, and "try" to color on photoshop.... or I just send it to Ashy

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 17:28:48

At 3/9/10 05:20 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: but I draw by hand, ink in illustrator, and "try" to color on photoshop.... or I just send it to Ashy

yay i have a purpose, lol

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 17:29:34

At 3/9/10 05:20 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: or I just send it to Ashy

*sniff*

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 17:31:04

At 3/9/10 05:28 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 3/9/10 05:20 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: but I draw by hand, ink in illustrator, and "try" to color on photoshop.... or I just send it to Ashy
yay i have a purpose, lol

you have two purposes, but we we won't discuss that publicly :3

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 17:32:40

At 3/9/10 05:29 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 3/9/10 05:20 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: or I just send it to Ashy
*sniff*

or post them in the Art Collaboration Thread >.>

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 18:43:58

At 3/9/10 04:07 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Can't figure out how to just post a link of it here, but I'm going to be painting my Raffi live on Stickam for awhile. Pretty sure you can find it just by going to my profile on stickam (captainben). Somewhere should mention something about me being "live".

It was a pleasure watching you paint ben, I found it very soothing and peaceful.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 19:19:53

At 3/9/10 07:01 PM, angryglacier wrote: I'm accidentally on the list for the writing forum leader boards.

Speaking of leaderboards, I somehow pulled ahead of Gagsy......wtf?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 19:42:55

At 3/9/10 02:09 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Well There only 7 Of the week threads not counting the Contests. Remember how 2007 had a lot of collabs that were uncompleted?

Aren't we trying to weed out uncompleted collabs? So why not get rid of some of the less useful ones. Comic Strip of the Week? Two people participated (that includes the starter), and it's been seven days. Remember when people used to actually participate in them, though? That was much more fun than people spending fifteen minutes just so they can get their entry done with and wait till the next weeks. I'm just saying...

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 20:07:01

Well lets put things into perspective.
Cow, they tend to be hit and miss, but for the most part have a steady amount of entries.

Chow, Hit off the grand reopening with a boom, however this week/last weeks could have been better, I can only assume cause of the forums inability to draw tits.

Scow, seems to be a rousing success, letting pretty much everyone have a shot, inlike the cow and chow.

Csow, lets face it, it was a flop. Decent idea, kinda poorly executed.

ACW, needs a few improvements, but overall pretty solid.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 20:12:55

sadly I have been pretty busy lately and haven't been able to take part on any of the weekly events.
is the gargoyle still going on in the COW?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 20:42:56

At 3/9/10 08:12 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: is the gargoyle still going on in the COW?

Yeah sure whatever

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 21:46:52

At 3/9/10 09:38 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 3/9/10 08:42 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 3/9/10 08:12 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: is the gargoyle still going on in the COW?
Yeah sure whatever
You sure showed are alot of care and consideration behind that one.

I showed a lot of care asking it o.0....

yup :P

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 22:08:04

At 3/9/10 08:07 PM, M-Vero wrote: Well lets put things into perspective.
Cow, they tend to be hit and miss, but for the most part have a steady amount of entries.

this weeks was a flop, no doubt

Chow, Hit off the grand reopening with a boom, however this week/last weeks could have been better, I can only assume cause of the forums inability to draw tits.

also a flop this week, because people cant draw girls, and many people say theyll enter but dont

Scow, seems to be a rousing success, letting pretty much everyone have a shot, inlike the cow and chow.

is there even a new topic for this week?

Csow, lets face it, it was a flop. Decent idea, kinda poorly executed.

the execution killed it

ACW, needs a few improvements, but overall pretty solid.

if the rules and guidelines were solid, and the topics were more thought out it would be a keeper

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 22:43:56

At 3/9/10 10:08 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 3/9/10 08:07 PM, M-Vero wrote:
also a flop this week, because people cant draw girls, and many people say theyll enter but dont

Certainly feels like a flop... if Felis finishes his and I finish mine (which I will when I have sufficient time, it's just that music is taking precedence over art for this particular week for a number of reasons), there will be a grand total of three entries for this two-week topic.... yikes.
I mean, you don't even have to make your entry the epitome of femininity; mine is quite obviously a tomboy, though I'll probably try and add some touches to make it more obvious she's a girl.

Am I the onle art fourm regular (or semi-regular) who frequently draws girls?

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 22:51:47

At 3/9/10 10:43 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Am I the onle art fourm regular (or semi-regular) who frequently draws girls?

Felis draws nothing but girls :P
As for the rest of us, half of us don't even draw people, let alone girls.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2010-03-09 22:56:15

At 3/9/10 10:51 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/9/10 10:43 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Am I the onle art fourm regular (or semi-regular) who frequently draws girls?
Felis draws nothing but girls :P
As for the rest of us, half of us don't even draw people, let alone girls.

I used to draw people - I wasnt half bad at it either - until i stopped.....

but - of course - that was back when I drew animu

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature