00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,272 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-01 22:51:07

Fizzyfox

Recently approved. A classical composer whose "techno" song is super awesome for someone who obviously doesn't compose electronic music much of the time.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 05:28:00

At 9/1/09 10:51 PM, jarrydn wrote: Fizzyfox

Recently approved. A classical composer whose "techno" song is super awesome for someone who obviously doesn't compose electronic music much of the time.

Gotta second the Fizzyfox nomination; he's got a great sound.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 10:49:49

I guess I'll nominate myself. I definitely qualify, the most reviews on one of my song is four, lol. Anyway, I've been making music on the computer for about 2 years, even though I've been taking pretty big breaks between songs. Anywho, I make a lot of Dance and DnB, and I'm even trying my hand in Ambient, House, and Trance. I started on this profile (this is my only one) so my older stuff isn't nearly as good as my new stuff, and my most recent songs aren't my best, so check out the songs with the most views =D.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 11:00:33

Oops, also forgot to mention that I use FL Studio 7 with Nexus, Sytrus, and various samples. Also, I'm not sure if we're supposed to do that nominate one song thing if it's a self nomination...

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 13:06:57

Hey Everyone I'm Trypno, I've been making music for quite a number of years, but have only been releasing tracks since about 2007 when I got my computer. I play the djembe like a crazy person, I can also play a little guitar, a little bass, the jaw harp, and I'm basically drumming or tapping some kinda rhythm all the time (thanks ADD). I used to play baritone from 5th grade to 6th grade, learning how to keep rhythm and musical theory along the way.
Unfortunately at this time, I am ashamed to admit, I use Garageband for my music. I started creating electronic music purely for fun, and I find I listen to my music more often than others. Anyway I am limited to Garageband due to financial reasons, I don't have enough to go out and purchase turntables and a mixer as well as all the other cool shit I want, nor do I have my own drumset. But I guarantee that most of my stuff won't sound anything like Garageband because I've learned basically every aspect of that program. Trust me, I don't just copy and paste the premade loops anymore. I don't pretend like I'm some badass musician because I use Garageband, but I do think my stuff is pretty fuckin' cool to listen to, and I just want people to enjoy some kickass free music. So I was kinda hoping to nominate myself if you fellow NG'ers deem me worthy...though I already doubt it...

"If we can find a way to make music free for all the world to hear instead of charging them to 'buy' a fucking song, perhaps we can usher in true freedom" -Trypno [X]-D

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 14:45:50

Forgot to mention I also use Albino 3 (demo version) and a few other VSTs that I cant think of at the moment. I'm also trying to figure out how to get things like IAMTHEJUNGULATOR working with Garageband if anyone has any info?

"If we can find a way to make music free for all the world to hear instead of charging them to 'buy' a fucking song, perhaps we can usher in true freedom" -Trypno [X]-D

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 18:45:34

Sure is self-nomination around here.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 19:26:39

At 9/2/09 06:45 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Sure is self-nomination around here.

:O nooooooo. you must be mistaken :P

koriigahn

and of course me (only joking)

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 19:31:22

At 9/2/09 07:26 PM, Zero123Music wrote: koriigahn

He's practically signed now

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-02 19:52:07

At 9/2/09 07:31 PM, xKore wrote:
At 9/2/09 07:26 PM, Zero123Music wrote: koriigahn
He's practically signed now

haha I just wanted to say that comment :P, I only said him cause someone else did and I remember his a minor piano collab submission being pretty good

it's nice to know some people are being recognised

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-11 03:50:01

I would like to nominate badspreekill. He is a real nice guy who I think has given up on writing due to all the discouragement that can be found here on NGs. His last song has more than four reviews, but other than that most of his songs have two at the most.

He hasn't posted in a while, but he does get on NGs to listen to other people's work. And I just felt it would be nice to just give a genuine nice a break and possibly have a few other people show his music some love.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-13 01:39:46

I guess I'll nominate myself for this. Hello, my name is Alex. I create all kinds of music, but mostly ambient, chiptune, and death metal music. The driving force in my music generally is my odd synesthesia experiences. Basically, I hear a sound or scale and I experience a color or multitude of colours and shapes, generally slightly changing the hue and brightness of my perception. (sorry for that, I just feel its a big part of my music >_<)
Anyway, I mostly will noodle around on my keyboard or guitar till I hear a nice melody or chord group, then try and use it in FL Studio. I've been making music for about 6 years now. I'm always experimenting with sounds and textures. Either way, I make music that suits my mood, or the colour I feel like working with, creating a memory of that feeling, even if I may be the only one who completely understands the song. So, come check my stuff out, maybe you'll like it!

Response to The Underdog List 2009-09-13 06:17:41

Nocius

Amazing artist, incredibly under-rated

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-03 19:06:17

Hey, I might as well nominate myself for this list. My name is Stupor!

I've been making music digitally for a few months now.

I strive to work in a wide variety of genres, and am pretty successful in that effort!

My tracks usually revolve around unique melodies, which is why I keep my ears open for inspiration throughout the entire day. These melodies can be randomly played on the piano by yours truly, suddenly imagined and then quickly recorded, or heard amidst the noises of everyday life.

I use and swear by FL Studio 7.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-03 19:20:13

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-05 07:26:48

This thread still active?
No matter, I still think i shall nominate NuclearDuckie. He is a close friend of mine, but has a gift for FL.
HOWEVER, me and him collaborate a fair bit, so a couple of the songs I've submitted are made by me and him.
Oh yeah, genres are currently only techno/dnb sort of easy to listen to so far on his account, but i feel a wave of NL Hardcore is amassing. As for our collaborations - Trance/Hardcore
Thanks

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-05 10:13:17

I have just signed up to this site and dont know many others,so check out the beats,there are more at www.myspace.com/masterfilstudios

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-08 20:03:42

This is the Light Speed Dragon, second member of the Chaos Team but my real name is Samuel.

I've been making music ever since high school but I've been a lover of it since I was kid. I love hardcore rock, techno, classical, and hip-hop music. My style of music is a little mixture of them all.
Recently I've been making music for video games and also for me and Chaos Phoenix's comic "Chaos Element".

I use Fruity loops 7 and I've been recently working with hypersonic which you'll more than likely hear in my recent and upcoming songs. So if your looking for good instruments try hypersonic out because it has some quality sounds.

As for my page, you can check it out right here My Page
Enjoy!!!

The Underdog List

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-08 20:57:47

I'mma vouch for ChaosDragon here, you should check him out.

He (or they, apparently) makes some really awesome songs that are worth checking out.

It's worth it, yo.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-09 12:54:06

Yo NG! I'm here to nominate myself, I seem to only get random votes and reviews here and there and I'd really like to get a more consistent base of listeners. I've got 18 submissions to the hip-hip portal over the course of about 6 months or so but some of the songs are older than that. I've been rapping for a about 3 years, it all started with a friend of mine, half-drunk, we decided to do a Silent hill collabo. The mic quality was horrendous and it never made up to the site but this sparked a series of other collabos typically made while shit faced. I feel over the 3 years since I started I have evolved a lot from drunken "scream into the mic fests" maybe you all will agree or maybe disagree...check me out!

BAF

BAF

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-09 19:08:14

BAF

I think Baf deserves to be on this list he is a very good rapper.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-11 12:47:09

If you guy's want to nominate anybody, chaosphoenix! His music is truely awesome and anyone who listens to this track, im sure will agree along with me! I for one vouch for him!

Check this Out Now!!!

The Underdog List

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-13 20:45:35

Hey guys, I'm Bossler13. I've been playing instruments for 10 years now, and composing music for about six months. The only way I've been getting any listens for my music is by annoying the hell out of my friends trying to get them to get me more exposure. As you may have guessed, that hasn't worked so well. I could really use the exposure here and I would love to have a legit fan base.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-14 17:07:34

I nominate:

BoxStacker

He doesn't have much uploaded now but its among the most profesional sounding music I've heard from NG. He's just getting into the site and needs some exposure.

He writes and remixes trance/house, and its beyond better then the typical NG slosh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-15 03:48:48

S3C

In a show of good faith and because I actually do enjoy his music. I am nominating S3C although he is hardly an underdog.

:p

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-15 21:01:42

Self Nomination:

I doubt that I have been nominated yet, so I will nominate myself.

You can read my history/bibliography here.

Make It Loud,
DJ InTheDark

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-29 12:16:33

Well, Hi. My real name is Julio, I'm from Brazil. I'm really crazy about music in general. I only do 2 things during my free time that isn't involved with alcohol, and studying, and those 2 things are music and video games. The bad thing about video games is that you don't create anything new with it. Music is my way of getting creative and also is a great way of distraction. If you hear my tunes, you'll see that my style is pretty inconsitent, that's because I listen almost to anything. Like an old sage always said:"There are only two kinds of music: the good music, and the bad one."

Adios.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-29 13:09:28

Hi there. My name is Brian, but you can call me 'Static'. I'd like to nominate myself to be an Underdog. I first started 'making music' about three years ago, on the flash game we all know and love, Punk O Matic. It was fun for at least a little bit, but none of it was my own. I wanted to make my own sound.

After a while I learned about FL Studio. I got the demo, and began creating some horrible sounding riffs on FL Slayer. I slowly got better and better using the vst and eventually made 'Evil Smiles in the Twilight.' It was just another average song on the portal, but that was perfectly fine with me. I continued making short songs, FL Slayer as my driving force, and continued making average songs, that is, until I created my first masterpiece of sorts, 'Whispering to Shadows.' With this song, I had created my own individual sound. Some love it, and some hate it.

After this songs success, I kept in mind the feeling, the tone, of the song, and began secretly working on my second 'Ambi-Dustrial' song, 'Cyborg.' I just released it yesterday, and so far it's score is damaged due to a 'zero-bomber' attack when I first uploaded it. Hopefully you all will like it.

Here's the link to all of my audio.

http://staticstigma.newgrounds.com/audio /

Hopefully you'll like my sound. Enjoy!

I AM the Riot Squad!

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-29 20:15:20

Hey, I go by "Al Chord" and me and my Friend Post songs that we every now and then to try and see what people think of them, We're struggling to get any reviews with Constructive criticism but we've finished recording almost an entire album of stuff much better than the things we've put up already

(We have removed the really Bad stuff though)

Here's one of the songs

Egyptian Sun

The stench of death will bleed into the void....

for other Teletubbies quotes please goto www.teletubbies.com

Response to The Underdog List 2009-10-30 14:31:58

Self nominations

- No posting links to your songs
This isn't the Audio Advertisement thread. You can post links to your profile only, and the rest of NG will decide what songs of yours to showcase.

- By this.. Feel free to check it out! hehe ;D

- Tell us about yourself
Give us a bit of history! How long have you been doing music? What programs do you use

-I use Fruity loops, i've been (trying) to create music for a year now or so.