00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,185 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-17 09:00:48

At 2/17/09 08:41 AM, SFaPiL2 wrote:
Your Ninja Village is a very good ambient song, btw.

Not to mention your other songs!! Just beautiful!

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-18 02:35:09

I nominate Spoony18, and myself.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-18 04:33:52

Heh.

It really feels weird nominating yourself, but ah well.

First off, i want to nominate Soundshifter. He made some really great ambient songs and i really love his style, although, he doesn't get the recognition / listens that he truly deserves to get actually.
( http://soundshifter.newgrounds.com/ )

And... Well

I'dd also like to nominate myself for the ambient genre.

I am one of the few, that i know of, that make ambient completely live and only on hardware, and just record it and put it on the web. I am 16 years old, and im making music for, probably 5 months now. It's obvious, which isn't that weird actually, that i have grown since the beginning.

I really understand everything a lot better now, and my latest submissions are really songs that i am very proud of, although, i don't actually get that much reviews, and that's really a shame.

I've been through a lot of writers blocks, mainly because i don't know if people enjoy my music or not, they just don't let their opinion help or guide me, and that's something i really miss.

I really enjoy making music a whole bunch, but i'dd like that confirmation that others might enjoy my music too, something that keep me on track, because sometimes i am doubting that.

Therefore i would réally like to be on this list.

http://tijnn.newgrounds.com/

The Underdog List

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-20 13:10:28

There are some really talented people nominated here. Hope they all get some recognition well deserved!

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-20 15:39:44

At 2/20/09 01:10 PM, scoutzero wrote: There are some really talented people nominated here. Hope they all get some recognition well deserved!

If you included me:
awwww, we all wuv you scout :)

If you weren't;

...... yeah, whateva. talent shmalent

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-20 19:09:50

I would like to "nominate" myself, as the rules allow.

I've been on newgrounds audio portal for almost a year now, released (with my buddy timraband) more than 30 songs, received the honor of being featured in some productions of the flash portal. And overall I think people enjoy our songs...
But the problem is that as soon as the songs are out of the "recent released" list or of the top 5 of any category, it simply fades into obscurity. Most of my pieces receive 1 or 0 reviews, and the listens/votes for the new pieces is really low.

I've always tried to show my stuff to friends and ask then to listen, but as far as the "newgrounds crowd" goes, most of my songs remain pretty obscure.

In my channel are songs made by me (Cuzone) and my buddy timraband (or both on some pieces), he is a real life bass player with lot of theory and practice background, and his stile is closer to Jazz and Techno.
My stuff is more "free flowing" and closer to the "video game music" genre, or "mood music" as I like to call it.

I'm linking my audio pages so you guys don't need the work to click on my profile and select "all songs".

TIMRABAND AND CUZONE

There are some amazing talent here. I don't really know how well my stuff holds against some of these guys but, my friends motivated me to believe that I have potential so...
Here goes.

Eating Mentos drives you mental.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-21 03:37:18

I'm going to nominate myself. I'm also pretty much copying/pasting this from another thread.

When I was eleven or twelve, I watched an episode of Scientific American Frontiers which featured a program called "HyperScore". I was quite intrigued, and downloaded the software, which was, at the time, free. There were only two instruments available: strings and pizzicato, so my choices of genre were pretty much confined to "orchestral". I started composing songs with the aid of the program's harmony assistance, which automatically adjusted my notes to make them harmonize. It was great fun for awhile, but I eventually lost interest.

A year or two later (2006), after buying a new computer, I got a hankering to compose something with HyperScore, but found that the site which had previously hosted the software had closed. A new company had bought the program, and had created a new site to go along with it called H-Lounge, which allowed users to share their creations. On this site, I got my very first taste of audio sharing, and managed to ween myself off of the program's harmony assistance.

The goal of the site was to sell the MIDI compositions its inhabitants created as cell-phone ring-tones for two bucks a pop. Unfortunately, the site was founded around the dawn of MP3 ring-tones, so it flopped (and two bucks for a MIDI ring-tone was overpriced anyway).

Things just moved forward from there. I didn't share my music after H-Lounge closed (the site's still there to this day, but you can't upload anything), but I continued to mess around with that program. I eventually made friends with a fellow music enthusiast, who introduced me to electronic music and FL. (I now use FL8.) I've mostly kept my latest music to myself, but I'm beginning to upload my music here and on FurAffinity.net. I don't plan to upload any of my older compositions, but as I make new songs, I will upload them.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-21 16:43:39

Look at that, a brand new list!

Yes, it has been a long time since it's been updated, but it is updated now. As long as there is an interest in underdog musicians, there will be a good chance the Underdog List will continue to be updated (eventually). And I should mention that there is a new rule being put into place now:

"If you are going to make a nomination, you need to pick at least one song by the artist that a person should listen to. What song caught your attention from that artist? What song just blows your mind when you hear it? Make the selected song a really good one, it's going to bring people's attention to the artist (including ours), or possibly throw the attention away.

Of course, you're not limited to one song, put don't go off listing their entire list of submissions."

Don't forget the rules are on this page.

And having just a list might be getting a little boring, so there might be something new in the works... it just hasn't been finalized yet, but it should be good. ;)

If you ever have any questions, don't forget you can ask MaestroRage, Rig, or New-Milkman.

~ New-Milkman

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-21 16:49:58

Oh my god, who nominated me?

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-21 19:20:36

Cool, I'm on the list!!!! I love it! This is what it says next to my name, Ambient-ish style music, full of strings. I guess that can describe my style of hip hop!!

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-22 03:55:19

At 2/21/09 07:20 PM, EternalXIII wrote: Cool, I'm on the list!!!! I love it! This is what it says next to my name, Ambient-ish style music, full of strings. I guess that can describe my style of hip hop!!

Yeah, there's a lot of people that don't like the genre descriptions on Newgrounds, so sometimes I'll add a bit of detail so that people get a small idea of what they are getting into. In your case, your hip hop music wasn't entirely what I was expecting, so I added a bit of a note for your name. I don't really want to do that for everyone, but I probably could if people really wanted me to. It just might look a bit cluttered or something, and I would probably would have to set up a new chunkier format for listing people.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-22 04:38:43

I have no problem with it. I think that's actually a pretty good way of describing a lot of the hip hop I make. Plus it made my name stick out! xp

Smoke me, I'm dope.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-22 04:49:19

Hi

I've been posting music on newgrounds for about one and a half year now. At first my music was terrible. I made my music in one big pattern. I didn't use vocals. I didn't even master the song. I didn't know how.
But Newgrounds gave me a chance to grow. I got hints and tricks from more experienced artists. They helped me improve. That's what makes Newgrounds such a great community.
After one year of audioportal I think I can finally make album material. Now it's my mission to help new younger artists to find their way on newgrounds :)

I get a lot of good reviews on my music. Altho it's really hard to get known around here. Many people see the portal as a competition. And not as a way to improve and help others.
Helping younger, less experienced artists is more important then making good music or getting a frontpage.

Thats why I consider myself underdog.

My latest submission "garbage monster" is a must hear :)

Greetz Duba

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-22 09:28:17

Here, a NG unusual track.
Real guitars, mandolins and what's more unusual, voices.
And it's not the generic FL Techno.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-22 09:40:32

At 2/22/09 09:28 AM, sorohanro wrote: Here, a NG unusual track.
Real guitars, mandolins and what's more unusual, voices.

I've heard plenty of vocals on this site. It's there if people are willing to look for it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-22 12:35:15

Don't want to sound like another person, just nominating myself. but..

I'm going to nominate myself.
I've been making music for almost 5 years now. (You really can't tell.)
I've been submitting music to the Audio Portal since late 2005 across separate accounts, which are:

kaizer-storm.Newgrounds.com (First Account)
Mid-Night.Newgrounds.com (Second Account, used for my "House" submissions)
Reticence.Newgrounds.com (Current account, used for my more IDM/Ambient submissions)

I've gotten top 5, twice, once in 2006, and once in early mid-2008. Other than that, I get no real attention to anything I submit, at all. I get a review maybe, and then it falls into nothing.

So yeah.. weeeeeeeee

My Myspace

Click sig for my latest song!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-02-22 14:50:38

phooey.
All that hard work for nothing >:(

I know most the people on "classical"..
but wait.. Tamadrum!? holy moly.. He's like a god to me, but of course by the rules he's an underdog - amazing artist, under-appreciated.
!? Mjattie? I always put him up their with Pianoforte and sorohanru (however you spell it xD)

I'm kinda surprised and my determination to be on this list kinda backfired. Maybe I can maybe get one or two votes next time^^

well done all, and I'm gonna have a look at the classical peeps later^^

Response to The Underdog List 2009-03-31 13:22:57

http://ritheguardian.newgrounds.com/
^

I've been a musician for as long as i can remember... i just recently started to experiment with FL8... i've made a decent collection....

Numbers Are Cool But Reviews Are Way Awesomer *New Song* Do It

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-20 17:15:35

Hey there =) I'd Like to nominate Deathkllr84 to the underdog list.

He is a death metal artist who plays guitar and bass, and does the most of the composing himself. He joined newgrounds 06.19.2008. He is active newground artist who have alot music to share. He have defenitly over 15 songs. But currently someone have taken his music and art of work and named it as its own. And many have zero bombered him too. As he makes new music, he deletes them after a week or two in NG since he does want to inspire people, not make people steal his music and say that they had made it.

Deathkllr84 have been making music with others aswell. CWN, TwilightNecrosis, TheBardOfBlasphemy and some others. Deathkllr84 have some very good experience with some mixing of the songs. The guitars are recorded twice, the drums are mixed with several programs and track. Please listen to what he have, i would sure you will like it. If you dont like metal (death, black metal) please dont rate his work :P
Deathkllr84

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-20 19:10:39

How the fuck did SREvol get underdog?

He's obviously had sex with everyone then...

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-20 20:34:22

I am a student who like to compose music. I was a nightclub DJ before.
My genres are New Age and Electronica.
Started to compose music for 2 years. I only studied grade 9 band music course!
I use mostly software because it's more useful than hardware (money problems too).
Hardware:
CTK-700 (keyboards and samplers)
Korg MicroKorg
Casio WK 3800
Numark TT-USB (turntable)
Allen & Heath Xone 62 (mixer)
Software:
FL Studio 8
Adobe Audition 1.5
Library Samples:
EWQL Silver Pro
EWQL Stormdrum 2
EWQL RA
EWQL Ministry of Rock
EWQL Percussive Advanture
EWQL Symphonic Choirs
EWQL Vocaloid 2
EWQL Voices of Passion
Miroslav Philharmonik
Edirol Orchestra
ReFX Vanguard
ReFX Nexus

My future occupations are AntiVirus Analyzer and Composer. I am taking Computer Science. After this I will return and take Music Composition course.
It's a long walk for composing music, I choose to compose music for TV/Film (damn hard)
Thanks

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-20 20:36:15

At 4/20/09 07:47 PM, Computer112 wrote: Hello there. I would like to nominate silencefreedom, a guy who 's good at classical music.
He has great talents at orchestrating classical and modern instruments. Specially he creates his own styles of modern classical with powerful composition.

Here is his best song: The Last One
He joined Newgrounds for more than two months only.
Thanks

Uh oh, you nominated me already! I just know that after posted the instruction...
But thank you anyway.

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-21 18:00:04

At 4/21/09 05:33 PM, Dj-Svenzo wrote:
At 2/2/09 05:03 PM, Zero123Music wrote:
At 2/1/09 06:59 PM, Nekoprism wrote: Ok... now that 300 of us voted for zero123music can something good happen to him? =)
D thanks guys;
wasn't expecting this many nominations ^^
you are now officialy no longer an underdog anymore with that kind of popularity lol

yay!! I would nominate myself again xD

but i'm print screening this!^^ (lol - popular)

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-22 01:14:57

Deathkllr84

Fire118

Slyguymoves.

All of those guys. Beastly heavy metal, and nobody to hear it. =(

Don't make them sad. Make them mad and make some more brutal heavy metal.

what?

What we have's what we don't see - Sum 41

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-25 20:24:10

Hello! I would like to nominate myself, as I'm a young striving artist...

Here's all my audio: http://shootingstar.newgrounds.com/audio /

I've been doing music for about 3 or 4 years, my brother used to use this account. I also feel that many of my songs are hated for no reason, that they are pretty good but still get zero-bombed.

I use FL Studio as my main "music machine", and use Audacity and my piano to record some of myself playing.

Thanks!

ShootingStar

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-30 21:29:58

To be a self promoting whore, ima nominate myself

itsfoxhall (aka SownShadow Fox)

SownShadow Fox audio

I've been making music for around 8/9 years, started off with bands playing guitars and bass, got quite far with it, then we lost our drummer last year, so in the downtime i've been creating electronic music, combining my experience with the band with the music I make here on my pc.

I use:
Reason 3.0
Wavelab 5
Line 6 Pod x3 Live (for recording real instruments/vocals)
M-Audio Oxygen 8.2 keyboard
a long list of guitars and basses, mainly used is a Ibanez SAS32fm and PRS Santana
And Logitech 5.1 surround speakers

=]

NEW TUNES! CHECK THEM HERE!

itsfoxhall/SownShadow Fox

Click the picture for my actual real life band D:

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-04-30 21:33:45

At 4/30/09 09:32 PM, Chronamut wrote: dude fuck off - this ISNT a place for everyone to self-promote yourself - its a place for others to promote deserving underdogs.

self promotion allowed, as it says on the first post.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-05-01 07:37:23

At 4/30/09 09:40 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 4/30/09 09:33 PM, itsfoxhall wrote:
At 4/30/09 09:32 PM, Chronamut wrote: dude fuck off - this ISNT a place for everyone to self-promote yourself - its a place for others to promote deserving underdogs.
self promotion allowed, as it says on the first post.
ya? It also says no posating links to your songs - which includes no posting links to your song PAGE.

Doesn't say that though does it, thats a link to my profile audio page, thats part of the profile. And either way, other people linked to their audio, go have a go at them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2009-05-01 11:48:15

I nominate Tamadrum

he has SO much talent and is so awesome it's unbelievable. I nominate him for classical :)

--------------------

And Boux

--------------------

Thought I'd get the ball rolling on normalnominations xD

Response to The Underdog List 2009-05-01 11:51:47

I nominate Tamadrum

he has SO much talent and is so awesome it's unbelievable. I nominate him for classical :)

--------------------

And Boux

--------------------

Thought I'd get the ball rolling on normalnominations xD