00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hauntir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,394 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 05:29:23

dontxthemusic

Well her mastering and mixing is a little meh but her compositions are like OMGWTFBBQ!!1!1
Definitely deserves a nomination or at least should be watched on and added in the future.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 12:06:24

At 6/20/08 05:29 AM, DzGuy wrote: dontxthemusic

Well her mastering and mixing is a little meh but her compositions are like OMGWTFBBQ!!1!1
Definitely deserves a nomination or at least should be watched on and added in the future.

She uses Magix Music Maker... which is liek duplo right?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 12:20:31

At 6/20/08 05:29 AM, DzGuy wrote: dontxthemusic

I second dontxthemusic!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 16:53:07

At 6/20/08 12:06 PM, xKore wrote: She uses Magix Music Maker... which is liek duplo right?

I have a hard time believing those are just premade loops. Still she should get a better program as so she doesn't get accused of anything.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 18:21:46

Hmm well I was under the impression that you could compose things with Magix but after looking around it seems like you're only allowed to compose with synths. Her songs are most likely loops but I'll ask her about that.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 18:31:13

At 6/20/08 06:21 PM, DzGuy wrote: Hmm well I was under the impression that you could compose things with Magix but after looking around it seems like you're only allowed to compose with synths. Her songs are most likely loops but I'll ask her about that.

Naa, I dont think so man, check out her latest song, those cant be samples...

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 18:43:19

At 6/20/08 06:31 PM, JohnnyFrizz wrote:
Naa, I dont think so man, check out her latest song, those cant be samples...

I don't have the program so I have no idea how Magix actually works. I'm only judging based on the product info and reviews I read.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-20 21:30:03

Well I just PMed her and she says she chopped up the premade loops as much as she could to make her songs so even though it's still pretty much sampled it's not just copy+pasting someone elses loops together.

Hopefully that cleared some stuff up.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-22 20:39:43

TrevorMac should be nominated for underdog award! IMO, he is one of the best bassists i've ever witnessd. i checked the requirements and he does have 19 reviews for one song but only 100 voters so i dont know what you can do with that.

hopefully i can discover some other talent soon, i havent been on in a while :-P

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-22 21:20:17

genee's remix of Lost in Her Eyes (another song here, though not nearly as good) is really awesome, especially some parts of it (1:32, for example).

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-22 21:44:32

Umm.. I would like to nominate myself!

My name is Blaine Fowler, im 16 and im addicted to heavy metal. So i've been making covers of my fav bands and writing songs! I make the best of what I have to record and make music with. I also have made some general rock songs and alot of songs are on the way!

wat

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-23 18:04:29

Id like to nominate myself,

I just recently joined the portal and I think my music is pretty good

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-24 11:34:26

At 6/20/08 01:37 AM, Nithalahk wrote:
At 6/20/08 01:27 AM, CMG-UTOPIA-2008 wrote: Blah blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhh
No.

You shouldn't be allowed to nominate yourself, and we don't want to hear your life story either.

agreed. it seems like half the nominations are people nominating themselves, which basically makes this about as useful as the audio advertisements thread. or at least if you nominate yourself you should have to nominate someone else.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-24 11:38:45

I WANNA NOMINATE MYSELF not caps.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-24 12:38:15

At 6/24/08 11:34 AM, dj-skeetskeet-69 wrote:
At 6/20/08 01:37 AM, Nithalahk wrote:
At 6/20/08 01:27 AM, CMG-UTOPIA-2008 wrote: Blah blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhh
No.

You shouldn't be allowed to nominate yourself, and we don't want to hear your life story either.
agreed. it seems like half the nominations are people nominating themselves, which basically makes this about as useful as the audio advertisements thread. or at least if you nominate yourself you should have to nominate someone else.

Yeah. when this started I thought: No one is going to nominate themselves, that would be kinda selfish, but no, everyone has started nominating themselves... *sigh*

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-26 23:25:43

At the risk of sounding like I just want to promote myself, I would like to nominate myself.
I have been writing electronic music for almost ten years starting with a free version of acid then moving to drum machines and turntables then back to more programs, I rarely get any reviews or votes and it seems like no one really gets a chance to hear my music before it s lost in the vaults of newground junk. I know that Im not the greatest musician on here but I deserve a chance. Thanks

Programs I am using now:
Ableton Live 5
RMX Groove
Atmosphere Syths
Komplete (4 wich includes the following)
WaveLab FM8
Reaktor 5 Kontakt2
Spektral Delay Akoustik Piano
Elektrik Piano B4 II
Pro 53 Vokator
Battery 3 Absynth 4
various other programs and of course a free version of ACID

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-27 00:20:25

Sory I forgot to nominate someone else also, its only fair.
I nominate Ethan Heaven (Musical-Pants)

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-27 01:57:46

did anyone say.

Captain Planet.?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-27 03:34:26

I'd like to not nominate myself. I'm terrible.

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-06-29 19:44:35

Thanks for the nominations Nav and the others. Thats awesome, i appreciate it! : D

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-03 00:01:09

I hope I'm not renominating someone here. :/

I think BlazingDragon would be a good choice. Possibly not considered underdog material by this list's standards, but I'd say his work is worthy of more recognition than its getting.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-03 03:07:14

I dont know how people like Rap here but I think deserves a mention The One Man Band

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-03 13:46:35

At 6/16/08 07:32 PM, LiquidEvolution wrote: Add a vote to Technodude79.

Yeah, his music is great. Hell, I've listened to his "Exploding Man" the day it was submitted and I STILL can't stop listening to it all of the time. :D

He definitely has my vote!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-09 19:51:55

This guy NEEDS to be on the underdog list. His music is unbelievable.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-09 22:37:30

I nominate Syntrus.

I know that a least one of his songs, Syntology, has been on the front page, but that was a while ago, and I think he's way underrated. Three of my favorite tracks by him are Zero Level, Electric Nipple Clamps, and his newest, Particle Wave. For the uniqueness of his music, and the amount of quality stuff he has here on Newgrounds, I think he is underrated.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-18 19:17:14

It's been a very long time, but the Underdog list has been updated, check it out if you want to see all the nominations made in the last while. Honestly, there weren't a whole lot of people at first being chosen at first, so I wanted to wait until a bunch more people were listed. Also I'm busy and stuff. But now there is enough though people, and I don't have to look at the same people when I look at the UnderdogList account now!

Enough rambling, here is the new list!

~ New-Milkman

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-19 11:20:28

I've had this kid nominated before but he absolutely needs another go. I would like to see rawrthaas on the list a second time.

The songs this time around are Ascended, The Splash Sequence, and Genesis Blue.

Ascended scarred the shit out of me when I first listened to it. Primarily because rawrthaas labeled it as "ambient." I turned up my headphones to relax and enjoy the chillness. An atmospheric pad comes in for the first half second, then the thing shifts almost immediately to a "Downtempo ultramelodic break-beat." At least that's what he calls it. Scarred the shit out of me. Also, I was really high... anyways, this track is absolutely amazing. The drums are extremely dramatic throughout the track. A simple rhythm for a drummer, but I wouldn't expect an electronica artist to think of it. The melodies of this track melt together pretty swell. It has everything you'd expect from rawrthaas. Trancy leads, heavy drums and awesomeness. Also, for those that actually listen to rawthaas, you can catch his classic IDM drum style break at around 2:11.

The Splash Sequence is quite simply a short dnb splash sequence made for flash artists and the such to use as intros and what not. Simple, but effective.

Finnaly, we come around to Genesis Blue, a dnb track with hints of idm, break beats and a whole lot of sass. Get some nice headphones/ speakers and check that crechendo at 00:43. Fucking orgasmic. A great track if you give it the time to grow on you. Meow mix.

If I feel like giving this thread a bit more love I'll do another for one of my other mega favs, but only if the thread gets a little more attention. I kind of feel like what this thread needed was some time to recover. We went out and found all the underdogs too fast. Maybe there are some new ones out there right now that we don't know about ;)

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-19 11:24:04

Oh, almost forgot. The splash sequence was favorited by Tom... regardless the track hasn't really garnered much attention. If it's good enough to make newgrounds creator/ supreme audio portal ignore master listen in, it's good enough for you.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-19 20:14:13

This guy is an amazing artist. Many people on Newgrounds don't listen to this kind of music. It's too bad really, this guy really composes and plays the music well.
Defiantly worth being on the list.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-07-20 20:14:34

At 6/27/08 01:57 AM, NeuralFusion wrote: did anyone say.

Captain Planet.?

Captain Grammar

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds