00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HAST3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[adult swim club]

29,280 Views | 290 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-08 22:47:55

At 4/8/09 10:43 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 4/8/09 10:39 PM, life wrote:
At 4/8/09 10:23 PM, puddinN64 wrote: So, can we all agree that 12 oz. Mouse sucked?
No. You're just too ignorant to understand.
Look, I like a lot of Adult Swim stuff, like Home Movies, that's brilliant, but this show...is just too slow and the animation isn't funny...just poor.

Can you please explain the appeal to me?

some of the best writing on tv. Watch it from episode one. Out of order it won't make any sense.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-08 23:47:48

At 4/8/09 10:47 PM, life wrote:
At 4/8/09 10:23 PM, puddinN64 wrote: So, can we all agree that 12 oz. Mouse sucked?
Look, I like a lot of Adult Swim stuff, like Home Movies, that's brilliant, but this show...is just too slow and the animation isn't funny...just poor.

some of the best writing on tv. Watch it from episode one. Out of order it won't make any sense.

yeh. its basically a movie thats all chopped up and made to look really random and stupid which it still is but to a slightly lesser extent. i hated that shit till i watched this marathon of it they had one night and understood the plot.

also cant believe delocated was only 6 eps. i still liked it.

btw you fags liking dem new athf's well guess wat, i saw that shit like months ago when i got the dvd B-)

Why is it that a man can't hold another man's scrotum in the palm of his hand (as an act of friendship) without risking being called a member of the homosexual community?

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-08 23:49:30

I loved [as], I watched it back in 2002. I remember Yu Yu Hakisho, Lupin the 3rd, Cowboy BeeBop, first season of ATHF, and when it was on late at night with good shows. Now the only good shows are Metalocalypse, ATHF, Robot Chicken, and the Venture Brothers. All the other shows suck. KotH, Family Guy, PJ's, crappy anime and just about everything else suck. Remember Trigun. If not then you were around the original content and beauty of the original [as] that gave us those great shows that nowhere else one could watch. Now every show Fox gets rid off or once canceled [as] has picked up. I remember the meaning of sneaking down late at night to watch these shows. Scared my parents were gonna come down at any moment to yell at me up at 1 am. Now there is no reason to watch it. All of it sucks and I can watch all the old shows on the web. [as] to myself has lost its meaning and passion. They royally fucked up.

My PC Specs | Steam Profile Page |

"English Mother Fucker, Do You Speak It?"

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-09 00:13:44

Haha, I'm watching Adult Swim right now. It definately needs its own station, that would be absurdly epic.

My favorite Adult Swim original shows are:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Robot Chicken
Harvey Birdman

I think Moral Orel and Tim and Eric are decent. Squidbillies is utterly repulsive in my opinion.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-09 10:46:39

I love adult swim, watch it whenever I can. Favorite Shows:

ATHF
Brak
Superjail
Robot Chicken
Moral Orel
Squidbillies (I can explain why since everyone seems to hate it)

So can I join? Promise to stay active.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-09 21:36:10

At 4/8/09 10:47 PM, life wrote:

I did watch it. For like 5 episodes, and it still seems like a whole lot of nothing. Look, I'm not asking for Family Guy's clips every 5 seconds, but why does it seem like only 3 things happen in each episode?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-09 22:14:33

They really need to bring Brak back, even though Adult Swim says in their promos that they never will. Brak and Space Ghost are just classic humor, I watched Space Ghost when I was like four years old. Have you guys seen the Brak episode with the vacuum cleaner?

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-09 23:20:24

At 4/9/09 10:14 PM, sumidiotdude wrote: They really need to bring Brak back, even though Adult Swim says in their promos that they never will. Brak and Space Ghost are just classic humor, I watched Space Ghost when I was like four years old. Have you guys seen the Brak episode with the vacuum cleaner?

Nah, I haven't seen it. I just saw an episode of ATHF that claims Frylock created Thundercleese, thought that was interesting. And AS would really be better with Brak back, it was canceled WAY to soon. Things would work a lot better too, it was aqua teen's sister show, and it doesn't work so well with only one sister remaining.

I read somewhere that AS is trying to get their own channel actually. However, I don't think it will happen soon for a variety of reasons. 1, Adult swim has only recently moved to 7 days a week, and 2, AS is owned by Cartoon Network, and ultimately, it's their decision. And I found this thread from a google search, short, but pretty cool.

Personally I think it could work out fine, and gives them a chance to bring back classics (Brak, Space Ghost, Sealab, Birdman,) as well as making it more accessible for people who dislike staying up late to watch the good stuff. During the daytime hours they could run syndicated shows (Dilbertt/Wonder Showzen maybe?) as well as the old ones I mentioned before, and at night keep the usual programming, though they would need some new Williams Street shows

Someone in that thread also proposed a really cool idea: running Boomerang during the daytime. Unlikely, but could be cool for variety

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-10 00:44:21

At 4/9/09 11:20 PM, Pedochu wrote:
At 4/9/09 10:14 PM, sumidiotdude wrote: They really need to bring Brak back, even though Adult Swim says in their promos that they never will. Brak and Space Ghost are just classic humor, I watched Space Ghost when I was like four years old. Have you guys seen the Brak episode with the vacuum cleaner?

I just found the clip for the funniest part of the vacuum cleaner episode. I never got why Brak's mom was three times as tall as his dad, but god, is that show hilarious.

Nah, I haven't seen it. I just saw an episode of ATHF that claims Frylock created Thundercleese, thought that was interesting. And AS would really be better with Brak back, it was canceled WAY to soon. Things would work a lot better too, it was aqua teen's sister show, and it doesn't work so well with only one sister remaining.

Get out, I know Adult Swim likes to spoof their own shows in other shows, but Thundercleese in ATHF? That is epic. Brak was truly the first Adult Swim show in my opinion that focused on random humor that somehow made sense in the conclusion of the episode. That was a great show.

I read somewhere that AS is trying to get their own channel actually. However, I don't think it will happen soon for a variety of reasons. 1, Adult swim has only recently moved to 7 days a week, and 2, AS is owned by Cartoon Network, and ultimately, it's their decision. And I found this thread from a google search, short, but pretty cool.

Besides, Adult Swim has some shows that are somewhat dirty, and their own television channel could provoke "inappropriate behavior", but hey, it's not Adult Swim's fault. Their own channel would be pretty sweet, bringing back all their old shows and such.

Personally I think it could work out fine, and gives them a chance to bring back classics (Brak, Space Ghost, Sealab, Birdman,) as well as making it more accessible for people who dislike staying up late to watch the good stuff. During the daytime hours they could run syndicated shows (Dilbertt/Wonder Showzen maybe?) as well as the old ones I mentioned before, and at night keep the usual programming, though they would need some new Williams Street shows

I'm suprised you know of Wonder Showzen, I thought that show just flew under the radar and was cancelled. I personally love it, it is so vulgar and trashy, but it is the funniest writing I have seen in a long time. I love how it completely rips Sesame Street, especially when the one puppet asks people questions on the street.

Birdman should definately return, I love how it focuses on all of the old Hanna-Barbara cartoons, it is truly a hilarious idea for a show. Space Ghost is funny too, and then we would get another appearance of Brak and Zorak. I would stay up and watch Space Ghost when I was four, even though I didn't get any of the jokes. I was never really a Sealab fan though.

Someone in that thread also proposed a really cool idea: running Boomerang during the daytime. Unlikely, but could be cool for variety

I don't know if this is only me, but I don't get Boomerang with my cable. I wouldn't want to pay to get Adult Swim if it did team up Boomerang. Noble idea, but I don't think it would last.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-10 01:05:38

I just found the clip for the funniest part of the vacuum cleaner episode. I never got why Brak's mom was three times as tall as his dad, but god, is that show hilarious.
Get out, I know Adult Swim likes to spoof their own shows in other shows, but Thundercleese in ATHF? That is epic. Brak was truly the first Adult Swim show in my opinion that focused on random humor that somehow made sense in the conclusion of the episode. That was a great show.

So sad its gone :(

Besides, Adult Swim has some shows that are somewhat dirty, and their own television channel could provoke "inappropriate behavior", but hey, it's not Adult Swim's fault. Their own channel would be pretty sweet, bringing back all their old shows and such.

Also, a channel would make room for movies, something they should really start again. I can see Akira, Princess Mononoke, Clerks, stuff like that totally fitting in. And if AS would actually check out their own sites forums, people have great suggestions for new movies and shows that could help. A new channel would also give way for some more variety of comedy. They're obviously experimented with different types of humor with stuff like Delocated, KOTH, and the trio of British shows, and this gives them more space for experimentation, to see how that goes over, and still enough time to show the shows that are proven to be popular (Metalocalypse, Venture Brothers.) They could try out slightly less adult cartoons like Invader Zim and such. I apologize if none of this makes sense, it is really late (not an excuse for shit posting).

I'm suprised you know of Wonder Showzen, I thought that show just flew under the radar and was cancelled. I personally love it, it is so vulgar and trashy, but it is the funniest writing I have seen in a long time. I love how it completely rips Sesame Street, especially when the one puppet asks people questions on the street.

Yeah, it's really funny. Bad news though, I just did some research and Wonder Showzen was broadcast on MTV which is owned by Viacom, and apparently anything Viacom can not be broadcast on AS. Dilbert is kind of confusing. It was broadcast 1999-2001 on UPN which during that time was owned by Viacom, disqualifying it. However, in '05, UPN merged with the WB and became the CW, which from then on was owned by Warner Bros., which also owns Adult Swim.

In short, Wonder Showzen cannot be shown unless Viacom agrees (highly unlikely, never happened before,) and Dilbert cannot be shown if Viacom has the rights, but can if Warner Bros. has the rights (which is less likely). No wonder Showzen is sad, but there are still plenty of other options. I think. Also, I never saw Korgoth of Barbaria (it was only a pilot I believe,) but heard it was good.

I don't know if this is only me, but I don't get Boomerang with my cable. I wouldn't want to pay to get Adult Swim if it did team up Boomerang. Noble idea, but I don't think it would last.

It's on demand I think. It was a cool idea, original. Not really a great one though, I'll agree with you there. And I've only seen the original shows, never the channel, but I think I saw it on Demand when I was messing with my TV.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-10 01:25:49

At 4/10/09 01:05 AM, Pedochu wrote:
So sad its gone :(

I don't know if the writers just lost all inspiration or if the viewers didn't like it, but Adult Swim really made a boo boo with the cancellation of that show. I remember one night Adult Swim showed a marathon of Brak from episode one to the finale, I had no idea the show had so few episodes.

Also, a channel would make room for movies, something they should really start again. I can see Akira, Princess Mononoke, Clerks, stuff like that totally fitting in. And if AS would actually check out their own sites forums, people have great suggestions for new movies and shows that could help. A new channel would also give way for some more variety of comedy. They're obviously experimented with different types of humor with stuff like Delocated, KOTH, and the trio of British shows, and this gives them more space for experimentation, to see how that goes over, and still enough time to show the shows that are proven to be popular (Metalocalypse, Venture Brothers.) They could try out slightly less adult cartoons like Invader Zim and such. I apologize if none of this makes sense, it is really late (not an excuse for shit posting).

King of the Hill is pretty good, it is nice to see it since Fox cancelled it. Delocated is actually a pretty decent show, I thought I wouldn't like it. The episode about him keeping his girlfriend's hand was clever. Did you ever see the show on Adult Swim called Garth Marenghi's Darkplace? There was one episode that spoofed The Mist, you should look up some clips, it is pretty funny.

I enjoy Metalocalypse only due William Murderface. I never thought the idea of the show was that creative, and all of the other characters are too similar too eachother. I enjoy Venture Bros. from time to time because I watched Johnny Quest a lot when I was younger, it is nice to see a parody of that show.

Yeah, it's really funny. Bad news though, I just did some research and Wonder Showzen was broadcast on MTV which is owned by Viacom, and apparently anything Viacom can not be broadcast on AS. Dilbert is kind of confusing. It was broadcast 1999-2001 on UPN which during that time was owned by Viacom, disqualifying it. However, in '05, UPN merged with the WB and became the CW, which from then on was owned by Warner Bros., which also owns Adult Swim.

In short, Wonder Showzen cannot be shown unless Viacom agrees (highly unlikely, never happened before,) and Dilbert cannot be shown if Viacom has the rights, but can if Warner Bros. has the rights (which is less likely). No wonder Showzen is sad, but there are still plenty of other options. I think. Also, I never saw Korgoth of Barbaria (it was only a pilot I believe,) but heard it was good.

Wonder Showzen would be perfect in the timeslot right after Robot Chicken and right before ATHF. That show is so creative and so ahead of it's time. Viacom needs to be open to ideas and changes if they want to see their show on television again. Never heard pf that Korgoth show, I'll have to look it up.

It's on demand I think. It was a cool idea, original. Not really a great one though, I'll agree with you there. And I've only seen the original shows, never the channel, but I think I saw it on Demand when I was messing with my TV.

Yeah, I had Boomerang for free one weekend and it had Top Cat and Magilla Gorilla and all these classics my dad liked to watch. I think Boomerang has falsely defined the word "classics". They now are playing Cow and Chicken and Dexter's Laboratory. True, those shows were hilarious, I still love them today, but just because they are not shown on regular programming anymore does not mean they should be considered "classic". They need to stick with Huckleberry Hound and Jetsons.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-10 01:42:38

Hello fellow viewers,

My Favorite Shows:

ShinChan
Boondocks
Aqua Teen hunger Force
Futurama
Venture Brothers
Robot Chicken
Harvey Birdman
Family Guy

Where can I sit?

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-10 10:04:48

I don't feel like joining, but for the douche bag that said bleach was lame, I say F**K YOU, B**CH N*GGA WH*RE!
And i hate the shows like american dad, aqua teen hunger force, and home movies (it is monotonous and just makes me wanna turn off the tv)
BLEACH AND ROBOTCHICKEN PWN ALL THE SH*TZ!

SPM3

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-10 11:05:22

At 4/10/09 10:04 AM, Sprite-masta-3 wrote: I don't feel like joining, but for the douche bag that said bleach was lame, I say F**K YOU, B**CH N*GGA WH*RE!
And i hate the shows like american dad, aqua teen hunger force, and home movies (it is monotonous and just makes me wanna turn off the tv)

You are just unpleasant.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-10 16:22:56

At 4/10/09 01:42 AM, InnerChild548 wrote:
Where can I sit?

Right next to life. Be careful though, he bites.

Oh, and BTW we're talking about The Brak show and how it was cancelled too early.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-11 23:40:22

At 4/10/09 10:04 AM, Sprite-masta-3 wrote: I don't feel like joining, but for the douche bag that said bleach was lame, I say F**K YOU, B**CH N*GGA WH*RE!

wish [as] didn't try to please lamers like you by fagging up the lineups

Why is it that a man can't hold another man's scrotum in the palm of his hand (as an act of friendship) without risking being called a member of the homosexual community?

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-11 23:57:57

This is terrible being at home with basic cable and dial up internet. First off I'm stuck with no computer and second of all I can't watch Adult Swim before I go to bed like I do almost every night before I go to sleep.

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?

Ha, it is weird going to bed without watching my favorite shows though. I end up watching Futurama on comedy central or whatever else is on that is remotely funny. Wouldn't mind some good old fashion random humor from Adult Swim right about now.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-12 18:05:53

Did anyone catch Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode ll?

Not as good as the first, but still funny.

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-12 21:00:14

At 4/12/09 06:05 PM, InnerChild548 wrote: Did anyone catch Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode ll?

I agree it was not as good as the first. I was trying to watch American Dad, but for some oddd reason my TV's sound wasn't working, so I watched American Dad and Robot Chicken in silence. It was funny, I was trying to figure out what Bobba Fett was saying... too bad he wears a helmet.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-12 21:27:30

At 4/12/09 09:00 PM, sumidiotdude wrote:
At 4/12/09 06:05 PM, InnerChild548 wrote: Did anyone catch Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode ll?

I agree it was not as good as the first. I was trying to watch American Dad, but for some odd reason my TV's sound wasn't working, so I watched American Dad and Robot Chicken in silence. It was funny, I was trying to figure out what Bobba Fett was saying... too bad he wears a helmet.

That American Dad was hilarious!

Did the new Boondocks air that night (The Gay Rapper one)? I can't remember.

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-25 18:03:39

I saw it on the website. I agree with you about the quality.

Oh, and is anyone here a fan of the Adultswim.com games?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-25 19:52:58

Gotta agree to this, I used to watch way back then when they had the older shows on, like Big-O and whatnot. Those were amazing. Now it's not as great as it used to be.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-28 19:00:34

At 4/25/09 07:52 PM, ntndsk wrote:

Those were amazing. Now it's not as great as it used to be.

Are you joking? One of their newer shows, Super Jail is one of the funniest things to come out of their offices in a long time.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-29 23:10:55

I'd like to join, i've watched adult swim for years

Favorite shows
Family Guy
King of the Hill
Robot Chicken
Metalocalypse
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Squidbillies

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting about

Thanks to fahrenheit for the awesome sig :D

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-04-30 05:21:46

I would like to join.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-05-01 08:23:06

At 4/30/09 06:46 PM, JKMonkey wrote:

^^ I agree, the first one was much funnier than its sequel, but the sequel was still pretty humorous

I actually thought the first one was pretty lame and the second one was hysterical.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-05-01 08:25:48

At 4/30/09 06:46 PM, JKMonkey wrote:

^^ I agree, the first one was much funnier than its sequel, but the sequel was still pretty humorous

I actually thought the first one was pretty lame and the second one was hysterical.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-05-01 16:23:32

Not too sure if this has been mentioned yet, but [Adult-Swim]'s here and has submitted this.

Don't get too excited though, as the profile is only under the flash section of AS (surprise surprise.)

Since favorites seems to be something almost poignant here, this is a list of all the shows that I liked way back when (and some still today.)

[Favorites]
Cowboy Bebop
Family Guy
Futurama
Ghost in the Shell
Inuyasha
Robot Chicken
Trigun

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-05-01 18:53:34

At 5/1/09 04:23 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Not too sure if this has been mentioned yet, but [Adult-Swim]'s here and has submitted this.

I finally played it, I thought killing myself would be easy, but holy shit, I couldn't do it on my first try.

Response to [adult swim club] 2009-05-01 19:30:44

At 5/1/09 06:53 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 5/1/09 04:23 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Not too sure if this has been mentioned yet, but [Adult-Swim]'s here and has submitted this.
I finally played it, I thought killing myself would be easy, but holy shit, I couldn't do it on my first try.

I managed to do it in around 3 minutes. I love the stapler idea they put into the game. I just wished there was something more you could have done with the fat "emoticon" guy.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature