00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

rumbeeart just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms!

73,199 Views | 511 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-24 23:11:51

At 12/13/07 12:40 PM, JohnnyWang wrote: Suddenly I have the urge to start learning flash...

Oh man, I know exactly what you mean.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-24 23:27:38

HUMNA, HUMNA, HUMNA!!! I want gets one of those beautiful trophies, I don't even have stuff to make anims! Soooo... I won't get one unless God blessed me in his light.

TyPah

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-24 23:35:52

I would have to choke out more than my lucky AND unlucky stars to get one of those pirate's treasure! I'm having trouble TRYING to make a SONG!! I would have to make a Flash with magical powers to getz onez of those! I would die!

TyPah

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-24 23:54:04

THIS TROPHY RULES AND SQUASHES MY ICKY SOCKER (I know, it's soccer) TROPHY!!!

TyPah

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 01:50:44

the logo seems to be the best name in my mind. i mean, cuz thats wut it is, Newgrounds logo, and its brought success to animators(JohnnyUtah) and become a very known image on the internet.

You could aldso call it the Johnny or the Tommy. Or the name of the tankmens name in the toon( it doesn;t come to mind at the moment.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 06:37:08

oooooooo im so gonna win one!!! (when i dont suck at flash)

feel odd... feel very odd

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 07:22:29

Man I would so love to get myself a nice little NG trophy heavy enough to wield with glory and flail at others like a mace if they disagree :D

for a name, I'd settle with the M4 Shermans, or maybe Newgrounder's Award

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 09:28:04

nicde its a butey of a trophie its better than the europeian cup i think personallity

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 12:13:03

The formula for an award (as I see it) is: Original Idea + Good Choice in Music + Excellent Quality Audio + Tons of effort + Months of spare time = One kickass flash + Winning of the internet + a Sherman from Newgrounds.com

One day, one WILL be mine....

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 16:06:13

I second that. But Steve was good too.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 18:57:46

1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

Tommies, Fulps, Tankmans, Awesome, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 19:17:30

nice trophy !!!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 20:26:32

whats it made of

Awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-25 22:51:18

hmmm this whole thing with the tank is awsome and all but im afraid that people might get a bit to enthusiastic/competitive/violent, putting aside those fears, its the best idea you ever had Tom.

some names i like are:

The Golden Tank Award
The Brass Tank Award ( since im pretty sure its not made of gold)
The NG Honor Award
Killer Sherman Award
Entry King Award
The "Silencer" Award

and finally
The Super Duper Awesome Dynamite Golden Platinum Tank

Id vote for egoraptor for his grand contributions of awesomeness

HA! HA! The voices in my head tell me that im not insane!!!

CANCER PANTS FTW

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-26 15:59:52

Hooly Mooolly !
It would be the bestest awesome thing ever you can have

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-26 18:46:45

AWESOME

that trophy would b my life!

if only i was old enough and knew how to make flash`s :(

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........kay

go for the ninjas they can sneak on by and slice a head while the pirates area lll loud an drunk and get their ass beat

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-26 19:37:10

Trophy name = The Anarchies

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-26 20:04:45

you should seriously call them the Newgies! lol

If jesus died for our sins, than by not sinning we are basicly letting jesus die for nothing! so SIN AWAY

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-26 21:22:37

hmmmm no pico how disappointing ha the pico awards

R.I.P. Dad

At 8/26/10 04:54 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:

: Was I the only one expecting lawn mowers that cut grass with the power of Christ?

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-27 09:08:41

Hmm, there's a few decent ideas for names going on here. Plenty of flaming too!

I liked the 'Groundbreaker' name, twas pretty smart.

After reading each page of this thread I've forgotten what the main point of it all was... I got sidetracked by the large amount of bickering. Although I think the arguements stem from who gets the Leadership award which I'm not to bothered aboot. We need just a name for the... Er, what do we need a name for again?

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-27 09:48:49

Ahh right, we needed an overall name for the trophies given out. Like the Oscars... See, I'm sure I read that somewhere between HOT and SWEATY debates (my favourite)... I just forgot.

So yeah, Groundbreakers sounds pretty good but it's just missing something. It doesn't have that ring to it, like if you were to ring a babys neck, that would stick with you for the rest of your life, and that's what we want this name of the trophies to do... Stick with you.

In that case, "Little Willies" fits a bit better (easy tiger). It's just... Odd at first, yet it resonates style for those smart enough to get the hidden meaning, and it also looks like the NG logo, at least I think it does... I've forgotten what the "Little Willies" looked like. YOU KNOW, BECAUSE HOW AM I MEANT TO KNOW WHAT ONE LOOKS LIKE, HAR HAR... Oh sure, maybe on a cold day but that's besides the point.

If I were to give my own ideas on the name of this trophie, I would reccomend;

Tanksta (because you're never really a winner unless you're black or pretending to be black)
Tankimus Prime... Oh come on, who doesn't like Transformers? (The recent movie suuuucked... "YOU'RE A SOILDER NOW"... Oh dear)
Tankiachi ... Apparently, Tenkaichi means "Strongest in the Universe" or something along those lines, so a nice little play on words there.
Groundsta ... Have I already meantioned the whole black thing?
Tank Buster ... Yeah, I'm running low on ideas. Yet that one sounds semi decent. I've got a semi just thinking about it.
William Stanker ... Because I believe there to be enough homosexual and black references in my post to interest him. (Hmmm, I've just lost my semi... You'll pay for that Will)

Bah, most of my ideas include the word tank... I've got to think outside the box! Well, isn't the Golden Globe trophy just that? A golden globe? It's like Tom Fulp said --- "because you guys built a stigma that is hard to shake. And I'm not blaming you for it because I've done the same thing to NG on countless occasions, I'm just saying that's how it is and we all gotta live with it. :)" .

So, it's a trophie of a tank, why shouldn't it include the word tank? Why? WHY?

But hey, all things considered, the idea of it being called 'Steve' was pretty comical, and it's got that sort of charm that would stand the test of time. I can't see myself getting bored with "The Stevie awards" or something of the sorts.

The 'Golden Globe Awards'? Try the 'Bronze Stevie Awards' on for size.

Kazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-27 11:19:11

There should also be a BEST FIRST SUBMISSION OF THE YEAR category with a prize of a tankie and $500!

VIVRE CANADA LIBRE!!! VIVRE LE RÉPUBLIQUE CANADIENNE!!!

Fuck Ayn Rand

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-27 13:18:42

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡AWESOME TROPHY¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡I WANT ONE¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-02-27 18:00:09

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Adolfini

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-03-01 19:38:49

1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

I don't know... the tankies sounds kinda dumb. I'm no help here lol

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

Hell no! That's totally unfair to the great musicians who never had one of there songs used in a movie or game.

3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

The only thing I can nominate is this song. Seriously, it's too epic for this place. I listen to it everyday and it never gets old!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-03-01 20:42:21

Calling it the shermans is a bad idea, because you will be stuck with the same tank design for your logo.
(hinders freedom)

Since most other awards are proper nouns, why dont you call this the fulp award.
or the fulps.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-03-01 21:22:31

This is soo awsome!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-03-02 01:12:52

oooh

emm

gee

i wants one

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-03-03 19:15:58

just a suggestion on the voting and who should be able to.
#1. only contributing members of the site should be able to vote, (hence flash submissions, sounds, ect..)
#2. make it so only a member whos lvl is high enough be able to vote. this would keep people from voting multiple times with different accounts easily.

as for different subjects for nominations
overall best flash movie and game
then some sub catagories
music
programming
sprites
hand drawn flash
compilation
spoof
music video
those are just a few ideas. lol

anyway, awsome tank, me wants one. it would be a great addition to my army men collection. haha

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2008-05-08 22:02:58

I demand it to be called the ngies (noogies maybe?)

so who's in the list? are there separate categories or something?

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

if i could make the alphabets, i would never put u and i together