00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stupidvampire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Last.Fm Club

522,683 Views | 9,303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-10 11:19:25

At 12/10/09 12:51 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Another day of no school, which means late night listening and day listening too, kickass. Nothing goes together better than last.fm and video games.

I'm not going back to uni this week, taking Thursday and Friday off.

Also I really have to recommend Marseille Figs again. I've just ordered both of their CDs. They're so ace.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-11 03:57:36

Your musical compatibility with Ohkayleebabyy is Medium

Music you have in common includes Modest Mouse, The Killers, The Beatles, Muse and Oasis.

With 1001 artists I'm not surprised.

CAREFREE WHEREVER I MAY BE

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-11 21:05:25

Is Neutral Milk Hotel actually good outside of their meme status?

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-12 01:14:46

At 12/11/09 09:05 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Is Neutral Milk Hotel actually good outside of their meme status?

Yeah, I find them pretty good to listen to. They're overrated as of late but it's not terrible.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-12 01:51:38

Just saw the fucking Aquabats. If you have the chance, and you enjoy them or ska, go. Seriously. They fucking rule live.

At 12/11/09 09:05 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Is Neutral Milk Hotel actually good outside of their meme status?

they're pretty good. overhyped by hipsters, but they are good. i haven't listened to them in ages 'cause they remind me of my ex and make me all depressed, but they are good stuff.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-13 19:23:47

At 12/12/09 07:05 PM, NickScott wrote: Man, I hate ex's. I acted like a little fucking kid trying to talk to my ex yesterday and ended up making everything worse. I don't even know why I'm posting this I guess I gotta tell someone :\

When you finish your teen years, you will realize girlfriends are for the weak and idiotic. Friends with benefits, that's where it's at. Also another hopeful pointer; the feminine race finds sexual stimulation in communicating their relationship bullshit to other females, so either beat them at their own game or get use to it.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-13 20:41:19

At 12/12/09 07:05 PM, NickScott wrote: Man, I hate ex's. I acted like a little fucking kid trying to talk to my ex yesterday and ended up making everything worse. I don't even know why I'm posting this I guess I gotta tell someone :\

On the subject of exes: Sasha and I broke up like two weeks ago. JSYK.

On the subject of Neutral Milk Hotel: they actually don't make me sad anymore because I'm over Caroline now and such, so woohoo.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-14 11:32:53

I have a few bands/songs I haven't touched since my last breakup. Certain pop songs that douchebag dedicated to her don't bother me anymore though, I mean, besides the fact that they're ear rape, the sentimentalness is gone.

At 12/13/09 01:35 AM, NickScott wrote:
At 12/12/09 10:18 PM, agustana wrote: Come home
I came

You always come early.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-14 15:44:59

Is anyone else having a problem with each iPod play being scrobbled twice?

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-14 16:45:32

At 12/14/09 03:44 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Is anyone else having a problem with each iPod play being scrobbled twice?

It's pretty normal, it happens every once in a while. The iPod scrobbling can be a bit buggy at times.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-14 16:54:10

Tell me about it. A few weeks ago the program thought I owned 5 iPhones.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-14 16:56:45

At 12/14/09 04:54 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Tell me about it. A few weeks ago the program thought I owned 5 iPhones.

That's funny. I had all my plays doubled once. Deleting those were pretty fun.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-14 18:17:18

At 12/14/09 05:35 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Say anyone have any good suggestions for Psychedelic music? All I'm familar with that type is Frank Zappa and Aquarius

Porcupine Tree
Cream
The Beatles
The Doors
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Captain Beefheart
Chuck Mangione
Jefferson Airplane
Kyuss
Pink Floyd
Sleep
Ted Nugent
Yellow Matter Custard

All different genres, but psychedelic in my opinion at least. D3NATUS you saw The Aquabats LIVE??? Holy shit my jellyousness is on a galactic scale right now.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-14 18:48:00

At 12/14/09 06:42 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 12/14/09 06:17 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: All different genres, but psychedelic in my opinion at least.
Thanks for the suggestions man ,I've wanting to search for some heavy and strong stuff that I could mellow Out to ,With out getting high.

No problem. The heavier bands would be Porcupine Tree, Sleep, High on Fire, and Kyuss. The rest is classic rock, Black Moth Super Rainbow is awesome electronic, and Chuck Mangione is smooth and mellow jazz fusion.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-15 20:01:14

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-16 17:04:19

At 12/15/09 08:01 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: http://www.last.fm/music/Meat+Puppets
http://www.last.fm/music/Dinosaur+Jr.
http://www.last.fm/music/Tad

My 3 favorite at the moment.

Actually listened to Dinosaur Jr. for the first time Sunday, Farm is a pretty awesome album. I didn't think I'd like them and I was kind of iffy at the first track but his voice and the odd guitar chords grow on you.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-16 21:05:44

J. Mascis has one of the most amazing voices in music.

Attached is the best example of this, their best album.

Last.Fm Club

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-16 21:07:15

Been listening to Drowned In Sound's top albums of 2009 longlist on spotify recently, there's some good shit on there. Metric, Wild Beasts, and Phoenix are three I've enjoyed quite a lot after listening to their album.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-17 07:43:56

I'm listening to Manowar.

It's an oxymoron! It's metal, and it's good!

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-17 17:56:18

At 12/17/09 07:43 AM, TheMaster wrote: I'm listening to Manowar.

Ha, nice one. We've already discussed them in metal hell. That bands hold two world records and they are overall the manliest of all musical acts.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-17 18:04:15

At 12/17/09 05:56 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Ha, nice one. We've already discussed them in metal hell. That bands hold two world records and they are overall the manliest of all musical acts.

Does more like them exist? You know, audible lyrics, not overly heavy, epic themes like Odin and shit?

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-17 18:07:36

At 12/17/09 06:04 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 12/17/09 05:56 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Ha, nice one. We've already discussed them in metal hell. That bands hold two world records and they are overall the manliest of all musical acts.
Does more like them exist? You know, audible lyrics, not overly heavy, epic themes like Odin and shit?

It's called power metal or epic metal. I don't listen to a whole lot of it, but some bands are Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Helloween, so on.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-18 18:38:59

At 12/17/09 07:43 AM, TheMaster wrote: I'm listening to Manowar.

Haha, good lad :D. Liking Manowar makes you tr00 even if you hate everything else that is Metal.
As for stuff similar to them, check out The Lord Weird Slough Feg. It's more Folky than the bands Capn listed and I think more suitable. Power Metal can be a bit annoying unless you're int Tolkien :P.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-18 22:12:09

I'll be away at my grandpa and grandma's for a family Christmas, two hours away, without an iPod. That special girl was crushed that I wouldn't get to see her so I let her borrow one of my few most prized possessions - my iPod. It sounds silly, but I'm already having withdrawls.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-19 18:22:12

At 12/16/09 11:46 PM, NickScott wrote: super l8 charts. I just remembered today that I meant to say this a lot earlier but Immortal Technique isn't black, he's latino/hispanic/whatever. Just saying...

Just realized that when I Wikipedia'd them last night. I been giving all his albums a taste for the last few weeks now and I'm really liking his stuff. I also respect the fact that he's denies to get signed to a record label. It's amazing that he sold 200,000 of his albums from just three official releases. I never been so inspired to write some lyrics down.

At 12/18/09 10:12 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: I'll be away at my grandpa and grandma's for a family Christmas, two hours away, without an iPod. That special girl was crushed that I wouldn't get to see her so I let her borrow one of my few most prized possessions - my iPod. It sounds silly, but I'm already having withdrawls.

Should of just gave her the Dean... it would of been more personal and I doubt you use it too much anymore anyways since that sexy new Ibanez of yours.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-19 20:20:26

My iPod's screen has died, and even though it's in warranty Apple refuse to fix it, so I'm left with a broken husk of an iPod... tbf the buttons and sound still work, but it's obviously nigh-on impossible to select an album to listen to, so I got it on my favourites playlist (~1k of my favourite songs) shuffling through that....

but I miss listening to albums so much.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-20 06:17:54

At 12/19/09 08:20 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: My iPod's screen has died..

You people are weak. It's extremely simple to open any iPod in existence due to being made cheap and having the same plastic snap-on mechanism used on all of them. It's also extremely easy to type in "iPod Screen" into Google. Here's a link to the first site that came up. On that site they're already selling replacement LCD screens for most iPods for as little as 35$ and that's diffently cheaper than buying a entire new iPod.

You guys didn't specificy which iPod it was but I have no doubt that it be possible to buy a replacement screen for even cheaper if you scout the web a bit. You can now call me your new god and start building a statue of me, btw.

Last part was sarcasm so don't throw a chezzburger at me.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-20 12:58:08

Yeah, I know, but trust me when I say I can't afford a 3rd party repair for £29.

BBS Signature

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-20 18:19:19

At 12/19/09 06:22 PM, PolishMatt wrote:
At 12/18/09 10:12 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: I'll be away at my grandpa and grandma's for a family Christmas, two hours away, without an iPod. That special girl was crushed that I wouldn't get to see her so I let her borrow one of my few most prized possessions - my iPod. It sounds silly, but I'm already having withdrawls.
Should of just gave her the Dean... it would of been more personal and I doubt you use it too much anymore anyways since that sexy new Ibanez of yours.

I haven't gotten used to the Ibanez's tuning yet and some people are sad when I play that instead of the famed pink guitar. The plan was to use my Ibanez for shredding at home and the pink one for school/gigs, and sometimes using the Ibanez for that too. She doesn't even know how to play.

Response to Last.Fm Club 2009-12-21 17:55:34

At 12/21/09 05:51 PM, NickScott wrote: My taste has changed a lot, even since just a few months ago. I'm thinking about resetting my last.fm again

I never understood resetting the plays. I'll probably never reset mine. My brother has reset his a multiple of times. It's good that your taste has changed. Boards of Canada is really good too. I particularly enjoy the peaceful, calm, and ambient song Olson. Thanks for bumping by the way, I was just about to post charts, teehee. It's something we rarely do anymore.

Last.Fm Club