00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MrOberfeld just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Abusive responses allowed?

702 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Abusive responses allowed? 2007-10-31 04:17:14

Are authors able to be banned from responding to reviews if they abuse this priveledge? I never use harsh language in any of my reviews, even if the flash is horrible. In return, I sometimes get responses from the author that use language which would get a reviewer banned (at least temporarily) from reviewing if they had used it. So why should the same rules not apply to authors? Seems like it would help make the portal a friendlier place.

Response to Abusive responses allowed? 2007-10-31 05:45:26

yes

Response to Abusive responses allowed? 2007-10-31 06:23:33

I asked this question a long time ago. Basically, that is about the least important thing to the admins. You can report someone, but it is likely there will be nothing done, as they have more important things to do.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Abusive responses allowed? 2007-10-31 06:40:07

You wouldn't get a review ban from someones responce, that would be silly. You would only get a ban if your review broke the rules. But the responce, well the author can be as abusive as they like, might not be fair but then, if they are abusive towards a helpful review, then there flash will probably suffer score wise and future flash won't get as many reviews.

Response to Abusive responses allowed? 2007-10-31 07:58:47

Reviews: 0

BBS Signature

Response to Abusive responses allowed? 2007-10-31 09:32:26

If they flame reviews that deserve to be flamed, even if they didn't use bad language in the first place, hey, it's the maker's right. it's his flash, anyway. But if he flames decent, constructive reviews, that's bad.

Response to Abusive responses allowed? 2007-10-31 09:41:00

At 10/31/07 09:32 AM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote: If they flame reviews that deserve to be flamed, even if they didn't use bad language in the first place, hey, it's the maker's right.

Don't take the law into your own hands. If the review is abusive, mark it as so and let the people in Rage's Gift: Abusive Reviews Thread know.

it's his flash, anyway. But if he flames decent, constructive reviews, that's bad.

No reason to ban anyone, some people do it in the hope that the review will get flagged and deleted by a review mod, which isn't the right way to do things.

As a reviewer, who revels in the responses, it's +1 response. Considering that this is the top 100 list that needs the least to qualify (even less than the top 100 audio reviewers), you're better off laughing and reviewing more flash, to get it off page 1 of your reviews :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Abusive responses allowed? 2007-10-31 09:55:53

At 10/31/07 09:41 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 10/31/07 09:32 AM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote: If they flame reviews that deserve to be flamed, even if they didn't use bad language in the first place, hey, it's the maker's right.
Don't take the law into your own hands. If the review is abusive, mark it as so and let the people in Rage's Gift: Abusive Reviews Thread know.

Agree. I ban for people making a review soley just to have a flame war. Their not helping, just adding fuel to the fire when people do that.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature