00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Magic: The Gathering Klub

85,882 Views | 578 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-01-06 23:16:32

A whole thread dedicated to MTG!? Count me in!!

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-02-17 17:54:38

At 2/2/09 11:08 AM, biofreak242 wrote: dark depths
get all ice counters off and get a 20/20 indestructable legendary black avatar creature with flying
card cost me $5.00
best card by far, that and avatar of woe i fancy^.^

It ain't $5 anymore thanks to vampire hexmage lol dd/hexmage is the tech in extended play ATM

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-02-17 18:18:36

At 10/19/03 11:37 PM, blackstarvegetto wrote:
At 7/30/03 11:51 PM, Wadezilla wrote: OMG, yhey!! I love magic. My best card is my 7/7 Chaos Lord!! I heard they made a 20/20!!!!
dude, no. The biggest creature is a 13/13 (Krosan Cloudscraper).

Lol to think no one got the joke. Marit leig is a 20/20 indest dude from iceage but you get him from dark depths as a token. Then there's fellow awesome dude progenitus...,

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-02-24 09:35:45

Shame this is dead.

I suppose I should request a Mod to lock this unless someone posts in the next 24hrs

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-04-21 13:52:52

I play zombify.

How did this get here? I am not good with internet.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-05-30 09:46:08

Oh man I'd love to join. I love Magic. I havent played in a while though... I went to the Timespirals pre-release a while ago it was cool.

My dad actually has a mint condition black lotus! So thats probably the best card I "own".

Black lotus is played for nothing and you can sacrifice it at any time to add three mana of any color to your mana pool.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-05-30 10:01:20

At 9/9/09 08:35 PM, Elfer wrote: Sometimes I forget about the sheer volume of these things I've picked up over the years. I recently took all my decks apart to start over, and decided to take a picture of what they all look like boxed up.

Pff thats nothing heres ONE shelf of them in my basement

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-05-30 10:05:44

And heres a smaller shelf in my dada office......

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-05-30 10:25:19

And of course a binder of extremely rare cards....

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-05-31 01:28:43

At 5/30/10 10:25 AM, ActualOccurences wrote: And of course a binder of extremely rare cards....

IS THAT THE BLACK LOTUS GOOD SIR?!

Christ, I remember seeing one of those at a comic book store back when I was a kid. It was like looking at the holy grail for me.

Anyways, haven't played Magic in FOREVER. Probably... 8 to 10 years? I was always a casual player with my friends cause I was a youngster, but one day we grew enough balls to join a local tournament. Some basement dwellers in their mid twenties came and pretty much schooled us, and that's when I was discouraged enough to stop playing. Still got some cards in a storage place somewhere.

Played the XBL arcade game recently and it's legit. Other than that, though...

Just thought I'd share my Magic: TG history.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2010-06-06 04:31:51

Eyy guys, I'm about to start a green-white deck, and I'd love to hear some suggestions about good cards. Also, is there a green-white planeswalker available in the market?

legendary foh' shoore

Greatest thread ever !

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 11:56:20

Ok, I'm probably going to get round to taking this thing over, will write up a list of rules etc. This club needs someone to put the man hours in to get people talking.

First thing I am going to do is pretty much clear and and all membership in place, to ensure there's no active people seen to still be part of the club.

FROM THIS VERY POST, ANY AND ALL MEMBERSHIPS ARE NULL AND VOID.

Anyone who wants to join/rejoin is more then welcome, as long as you post here to rejoin this clear out should have almost 0 effect on your enjoyment of M:tG on Newgrounds. Just need to make sure people know this club is having a full restart.

I'll get to the rules part later on tonight or early tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 11:58:26

HOLY FUCK WE HAVE A MAGIC CLUB? Fuck yeah, man, get this shit rollin'!

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 12:16:29

Ok, welcome to the new version of Magic: The Gathering Klub.

As of this post, any and all discussions, rules, leader status etc are null and void. The previos ten pages are to be considered ancient history.

I have decided to take over this club as a means of injecting some activity into it. I love M:tG, and I know there's a number of M:tG users on here who love it too. Why shouldn't we have a well administered club with someone who can be bothered to take it seriously?

If the original club creater, Wadezilla, wishes to take over this club again he is more then welcome to, so don't fear, I'm not stealing it. I'm running it in lieu.

Anyways, the rules list:

Club Rules

1. This club is for discussion of Magic: the Gathering and all of its formats. This includes the physical card game, all official formats (Vintage, ELegacy, Extended, Standard, Archenemy, Planechase, Commander/EDH) and all multiplayer varients. It also includes Magic Online (MODO) and all officially licenced video game derivatives.

2. Please keep posts on topic. I don't want the thread derailed with "omg, hai" posts. Keep stuff talking about your day to general, PM or your news posts.

3. Please don't troll other members or users in this club. Just because you think someone's 'rats.dec' list sucks doesn't give you the right to be nasty. Any and all behaviour that can be considered bullying, trolling, harrassment or continued use of profane language in an offensive manner will be reported to a mod. On the last part, you can swear, but constantly saying something fucking sucks over and over again is going to be reported to a mod for trolling.

4.Do not post links for 'free draft' websites. If you post card images, you MUST link it back to Gatherer or to the official spoiler if it's a spoiled card for an upcoming set. If you post just the card art, you must provide a link to the original source on wizards.com or the original artist's website. If this is not possible, you must cite the artist's name and when the art was done. NO EXCEPTIONS.

5. When posting Decklists, please stick as close as possible to the following template, it keeps things nice and simple to read:

Deck: Deck Name Here
Creatures:
26x Relentless Rats
Spells:
4x Doom blade
4x Sign in Blood
Lands:
26x Swamp

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 12:21:13

Ok, seeing as how I've now officially restarted the club, might as well get a discussion going.

What was your first ever Magic deck?

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 12:29:38

A Jund deck. I still use it but seeing as I only have two decks it's sort of a 'no duh'. It's pretty random but I mostly devour and burn with it. Ever see a Scarland Thrinax get up to being a 50/50? Me neither but that's my goal for this deck.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 12:31:38

At 1/31/11 12:29 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: A Jund deck. I still use it but seeing as I only have two decks it's sort of a 'no duh'. It's pretty random but I mostly devour and burn with it. Ever see a Scarland Thrinax get up to being a 50/50? Me neither but that's my goal for this deck.

Jund was my first really competative deck wehn I started playing in tournaments about 2 year ago.

Technically, I've been playing kitchen magic since Judgement though (We're talking back in 7th Ed if I recall)

Mind posting up a deck list? Be interesting to see how the casual jund decks differ from the old standard top dog decks.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 18:58:39

At 5/30/10 10:25 AM, ActualOccurences wrote: And of course a binder of extremely rare cards....

holy shit... that looks like either an alpha or beta lotus, where did you get that?!

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 19:02:37

I'vee been playing with the allies from the zendikar block, I'm trying to decide wether to focus on the milling aspect or amping my creatures with kazuul warlord, either way I win most of my casual matches, I just never have time to go to FNM >:| but with 4 halimar excavators, some tome scours, a jawari shapeshifter or two and maybe a grind stone... anything is possible

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 19:06:19

as for my first deck that would be a 7th edition green starter, I wish I knew what happened to it, it was pretty beast... some massive tunnler worms and the granddaddy of beatdown: thorn elemental.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-01-31 19:07:55

I've been thinking over a relentless rat deck and I figure that 20-30 of them pus some marrow gnawers and pestilence rats should just bout do it, any opinions?

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-02-01 04:58:30

At 1/31/11 06:58 PM, MrGibins wrote:
holy shit... that looks like either an alpha or beta lotus, where did you get that?!

White border makes me think it's prob revised. Either way, a boat load of cash if it's in mint 9+ condition.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-03-11 07:13:18

At 2/1/11 04:58 AM, SkeletonGimp wrote:
At 1/31/11 06:58 PM, MrGibins wrote:
White border makes me think it's prob revised. Either way, a boat load of cash if it's in mint 9+ condition.

I'd like to bump this thread because I'd like to join. Anyways, I have an awesome deck that I rarely lose with, although that could be because everyone else sucks. "Strongest" card pure power wise is my 10/9 Avatar of Kozialek. Once, when I discarded it and then used Zombify to put it on the battlefield, someone just said "I give up".

Pussies.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-03-11 08:06:42

At 3/11/11 07:13 AM, letiger wrote:

I'd like to bump this thread because I'd like to join. Anyways, I have an awesome deck that I rarely lose with, although that could be because everyone else sucks. "Strongest" card pure power wise is my 10/9 Avatar of Kozialek. Once, when I discarded it and then used Zombify to put it on the battlefield, someone just said "I give up".

Pussies.

I think you may mean Artisan of Kozilek. The Rise set is just full of bombs and is one of my favourite sets to draft out of the last 5 years.

Mind posting a deck list when you can? Please use the format I posted earlier in the thread (should be this page or last)

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-03-11 08:23:27

Probably late on the ball but, I haven't play Magic in a long time so I'm pretty rusty and have no idea exactly how to play anymore, but I would like to join this crew :) I'm thinking about getting back into it at some point as I think it's a great game :)

Here's a pic of all the cards I own. I bought a starter pack, that came with M:tG Online, which I gave to a friend a LONG time ago, thinking I'd never want to get back into it. I might buy M:tG Online if I'm more interested :)

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-03-11 09:43:44

At 3/11/11 08:23 AM, UnknownFear wrote: Probably late on the ball but, I haven't play Magic in a long time so I'm pretty rusty and have no idea exactly how to play anymore, but I would like to join this crew :) I'm thinking about getting back into it at some point as I think it's a great game :)

Here's a pic of all the cards I own. I bought a starter pack, that came with M:tG Online, which I gave to a friend a LONG time ago, thinking I'd never want to get back into it. I might buy M:tG Online if I'm more interested :)

Nice collection.

My advise for getting back into Magic would be finding your local hobby group. Go to www.wizards.com and look for 'find a store'. Bunch in your ZIP/Postcode and your local sanctioned play group will be shown! Most TO's are very helpfull folk who will take the time to sit down and show you how to play under the most up-to-date rules, usually with spare decks.

M:TG Online isn't the best rededucation tool. First of all, it's a scary and forbodding place for novices nowadays, with no clear instructions and no official manual/guides. That, and it makes you lazy since all the turn stages and triggers are automatically done for you and it's impossible to physically cheat digitally. I would say M:tG Online, sadly, should be left to experianced players as it's easy to get buttraped on there as a n00b. Even casual players digitally run some pretty nasty/broken decks, and it's just as easy to get scammed out trading with humans and bots online as it is with paper magic.

Topic for discussion for those reading:

Are you more of a casual player, or have you/would you like to get into tournament play?

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-03-11 18:29:48

I'd like a review on my deck. I also love the fact that I know, by heart, what almost each and every one of these cards do. Building decks are fun ^____^

Deck Size: 129
Deck Color: Black/Red with 3 white cards.
# of mythic rares: 1

Planeswalkers
Sarkhan the Mad x1

Artifacts
Rakdos Signet x1

Enchants
Lingering Death x2
Mourning x1
Clutch of Undeath x1Necromancer's Magemark x2Sulfuric Vortex x1Contaminated Bond x1
Weakness x1
Guilty Conscience x1Dragon Shadow x1Fear x1
Creatures
Proteus Machine x1Kaervek the Merciless x1Festering Goblin x1Bog Tatters x1Shriekmaw x1Flamewave InvokerCemetery Gate x1Crazed Skirge x1Dripping Dead x1Weed-Pruner Poplar x1Cemetery Reaper x1Goblin Turncoat x1Scion of Darkness x1Avatar of Woe x1Vampiric Dragon x1Zombie Brute x1Sootfeather Flock x1Infectious Horror x1Dragon Tyrant x1Drinker of Sorrow x1 (Note how it says A permanent, not yours)Extractor Demon x1Twisted Abomination x2Drudge Skeletons x1Avatar of Discord x1Ashenmoor Cohort x1Smoldering Butcher x1Artisan of Kozilek x1Wall of Hope x1Cruel Deciever x1Rakdos Guildmage x1Corpse Connoisseur x1
LandsSwamp x23Mountain x7Plains x1Rakdos Carnarium x2Barren Moor x2InstantsCradle to Grave x2Terminate x2Scattershot x2Reaping the Graves x1Dark Banishing x1Wicked Reward x1Spark Spray x1Chill to the Bone x1Inferno Trap x1Tendrils of Corruption x1Makeshift Mannequin x1Bituminous Blast x1Terror x1Swat x1SorcerysSign in Blood x2Unburden x1Corrupt x1Crippling Fatigue x1Reanimate x1Raise Dead x1Persecute x1Incremental BlightZombifyCoercion x1Last Caress x1Rain of Tears x1

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-03-11 18:31:18

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-03-12 16:05:49

Hello! RoE user here....i also like artifact cards....anyone know a good profilerate combo? with less poison counter techniques coz' it's so cliche~

"Oh well, that's life...Let's just bear with it..."

Let's Play! Or Pawn Me Here! and Here!

Don't blame me if you wont like this last link...

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2011-03-12 17:11:02

Maybe I shoudn't have been lazy in linking those cards.

BBS Signature