00:00
00:00

Magic: The Gathering Klub

74,331 Views | 592 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-05-14 00:20:23

At 5/7/15 08:42 PM, Austerity wrote: Today I walked past a card shop and decided to buy a booster pack of the newest Magic the Gathering set just for old times sake and scored a holographic mythic rare card.

Nice job on the good luck. Which rare card did you score?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-05-23 19:55:44

Hey guys, it's been awhile. I was gonna show you guys a really fun standard deck that i made, Jund (red, black, green) warriors. I used this deck the past FNMs and have not been dissapointed.
(Creatures 22)
4: Bloodsoaked Champion
4: Blood-Chin Rager
4: Mardu Strikeleader
3: Goblin Rabblemaster
3: Yasova Dragonclaw
3: Sylvan Caryatid
1: Zurgo Bellstriker (would run 2 but cant find my 2nd one)

(Spells/Artifacts 15)

3: Collected Company
3: Wild Slash
2: Roast
3: Ultimate Price
2: Murderous Cut
2: Obelisk of Urd

Sideboard (still being tweeked)
3: Rending Volley
3: Bile Blight
2: Whip of Erebos
2: Heroes Downfall (would have more but only have 2)
2: Winds of Qalsisma
3: Dark Betrayal

I keep all the lands even 2 evolving wilds, 6 gain life lands (2 of each color), an 5 basics of each. Trust me when I say, it's a really fun deck

Hey, took a bit of a break because failing over and over at innovating a deck type wore on me after a while, but recently decided to plunge back in and try to get something together. This originally started out as being a Bant Pump/Proliferate deck, but got tweaked until it changed more into a combo/toolbox deck. This is Dizzybox:
Creatures:

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Hada Freeblade (Ally, +1/+1 for Ally ETB)

4 Kazandu Blademaster (Ally, +1/+1 for Ally ETB)
4 Harabaz Druid (Ally, Tap for mana equal to Allies)

3 Drift of Phantasms (Transmute)

3 Talus Paladin (Ally, +1/+1 for each Ally ETB)

3 Kalonian Hydra (Double counters for each creature when attacking)

1 Mistcutter Hydra (Haste, ETB at 0/0 with X +1/+1 counters for X{G})

Instants:

4 Dizzy Spell (Transmute)
4 Gods Willing
1 Path to Exile
1 Vapor Snag

1 Chord of Calling (Transmute target for Drift of Phantoms, otherwise this slot would be Tooth and Nail's)

Land:

3 Breeding Pool
4 Hallowed Fountain
3 Temple Garden
3 Flooded Strand
3 Misty Rainforest
3 Windswept Heath
2 Forest
1 Island
1 Plains

The low-mana creature base of this deck is basically as automatic as possible, utilizing Ally's free pumping so I can basically run those on autopilot while maintaining a threatening board presence but focusing on collecting my combo. Normally I'd look into some other kind of creature base, but the +1/+1 counters and mana from Harabaz Druid are important later.

The real star of this deck is Dizzy Spell. It fetches Mistcutter Hydra, Gods Willing, and Vapor Snag. Any of these cards combined with Kalonian Hydra (which I run 3 of, and 4 ways of fetching) makes for an extremely nasty combat phase when backed up by the Allies.

Drift of Phantasms keeps my creature drops consistent through Transmuting for Chord of Calling, and dropping as an 0/5 blocker for 2{U} if it's not needed, in other words, when I've already found Chord of Calling or a Kalonian Hydra.

Against decks with permission, I can safely sideboard out my big power spikes (Drift of Phantasms+Chord of Calling, Kalonian Hydra) and some protection/removal (Gods Willing, Path to Exile, Void Snag) to board in Steady Progress, Tezzeret's Gambit, Umara Raptor, and an extra Mistcutter Hydra. This smooths out my power gains (at the expense of raw power), meaning anything that can be countered is much less of a big deal. Tezzeret's Gambit and Steady Progress (Draw 2 and Proliferate/Draw 1 and Proliferate) also help me to dig to Mistcutter.

Also, I should probably note that 4x Birds of Paradise and 4x Harabaz Druid alongside 23 land is almost purely for fueling Chord of Calling and Mistcutter Hydra, but when those are not available they work excellently to hold onto to Transmute a Dizzy Spell.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-06-20 15:44:28

Actually, I figured I might as well post my sideboard too, because I noticed how much it felt like the original Bant Beatdown I was going for at first when I use it heavily.

3 Acidic Slime
2 Void Snare
1 Mistcutter Hydra
3 Steady Progress
3 Umara Raptor
2 Tezzeret's Gambit
1 Path to Exile

Acidic Slime and Void Snare are for artifact decks, boring

Subbing out all of my bombs (Kalonian Hydras and their supports) for Steady Progress, Tezzeret's Gambit and Umara Raptor mean I have no combo I rely on, as all of my power gains are very incremental but easy to distribute. I still pack enough protection and control in my toolbox to keep myself safe and my opponent off tempo, but rely less on an explosive win and more on grinding up a big field presence, solely using my mana generation as an engine for a big Mistcutter.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-06-22 21:19:49

I recently sold almost my entire collection of staples. (hard times ya know)

So it looks like just draft for a while.

The one intact deck I have is this: Mardu Tremors

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-07-30 17:45:26

At 6/22/15 09:19 PM, AEOK wrote: I recently sold almost my entire collection of staples.

Did you sell it on-line or to a friend? How much did you make?

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-07-31 12:56:08

At 7/30/15 05:45 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/22/15 09:19 PM, AEOK wrote: I recently sold almost my entire collection of staples.
Did you sell it on-line or to a friend? How much did you make?

I sold it online. About $1300 of standard staples, and I sold it for $500. The wife made me do it for money towards bills....

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-08-03 19:10:50

I'm In… I was once known as the Mythic Master for good reason. My best pull was getting a Mind sculptor (Big Jace) in a random pack i bought on a whim.
I have pulled double mythics before, including a Double Planeswalker Tezzie, agent of bolas.
Currently running my fun deck, Chandra and Lilliana and what has been described as a 'GOD' deck.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-09-21 11:52:03

NEW DECK!!! JUND DRAGONS!!!

4xDragonlords servant
2xRattleclaw Mystic
1xShaman of the Forgotten Ways
3xThunderbreak Regent
2xHarbinger of the Hunt
2xBoltwing Marauder
3xKolaghan
1xDragonlord Kolaghan
1xDragonlord Atarka
3xUltimate Price
4xWild Slash
3xDraconic Roar
1xExquisite Firecraft
2xFoul-Toungue Invocation
2xMurderous cut
2xDragon Tempest

It went 4-0 the 1st time I used it, so much fun

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-09-24 21:27:42

Hey guys. Anyone around here geared up for the pre-release this weekend? I've been out of the game since Shards of Alara so I'm a bit phyched up. Sad I missed the return to Ravnica block, since Boros was the whole basis of my first soldiers deck before it slowly turned mono white. So much seems diferent yet similar.

BBS Signature

Ugh. forgot how fast my white/black shadowmoor mimic/ravnica orzov deck can take off.

Me, turn one - Plains
friend, turn one- plains, (w) 1/1 vanilla soldier
Me, turn two- Swamp, (W/B)(1) Nightsky Mimic
friend, turn two - forest
me, turn three- (W/B) Edge of Divinity on mimic, for +3/+3, and he triggers effect becoming a 4/4 flying until end of turn. Attack for 7 in the air.
friend, turn 3 - forest, some 3 drop Selesnya guild 2/2 creature from return to ravnica set
me, turn four - top deck another edge of divinity, play on mimic, becomes a flying 4/4 enchanted twice for +3/+3. swing in air for 10, opponent is at 3 life
Friend quits. I win with 2 land in play, a 2 drop, and two 1 mana enchantments. even if I never drew another land, a 8/7 is a hard thing to cope with on turn 4. he'd have to draw and play a blocker every turn to survive. I had 2 unmakes in hand to trigger the mimic again and remove a creature from play if I ever did get to a 3rd land.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-10-06 22:35:39

Also, I scored a mythic rare promo Gideon at my pre-release. Ebay had him priced at $65 - $80 on the week leading up to the release. Got nothing good from half a booster box a cracked this weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-10-26 23:10:51

So how'd everyone do on game day? I was able to score 4th at mine with the Jund Dragon deck i listed. Got that sweet radiant flames.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-10-27 15:04:26

I came in at 62nd of 136 people in my sealed pre-release. I ran a white/blue deck with Gideon, the legandary land awakening merfolk, and a whole bunch of boomerangs. Problem was that I had no permanent creature removal and allies come into play effects got to keep retriggering. I lost 3 matches with my opponent pulling impressive wins out of their asses at 1 life. All in all, I had fun but the new set doesn't dazzle me.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2015-11-01 18:17:50

At 7/31/15 12:56 PM, AEOK wrote: I sold it online. About $1300 of standard staples, and I sold it for $500. The wife made me do it for money towards bills....

That sounds terrible for you. Make your wife sell her stuff next time.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2016-04-17 15:44:51

This place still active? I'm more into Magic than I have been recently.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2016-04-23 23:25:27

At 4/17/16 03:44 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: This place still active? I'm more into Magic than I have been recently.

I think people forgot about the club but with a some new stuff out'n'about I think it might pick back up.

So with Shadows over Innistrad set out, I kinda had my heart set on vampires. I tried R/B vampires and did ok. I looked into a few things and actually put white in it for some cards and came out great. The deck is Mardu Madness

Creatures
3x Ravenous Bloodseeker
4x Heir of the Falkenrath
3x Drana's Emissary
2x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
2x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
1x Archangel Avacyn
3x Incorrigbible Youths

Instants, Sorcerys, Enchantments
3x Lightning Axe
4x Fiery Temper
3x Murderous Compulsion
2x Stensia Masquerade

Planeswalkers
1x Ob Nixilis Reignited
1x Chandra, Flamecaller
2x Nahiri, the Harbinger
2x Sorin, Grim Nemisis

I didn't run the Chandra this Past FNM but the deck still went 3-1. I also don't really have a sideboard made yet. Any questions or suggestions on the deck are welcome

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2016-04-24 09:43:39

At 4/23/16 11:25 PM, omega88x wrote:
At 4/17/16 03:44 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: This place still active? I'm more into Magic than I have been recently.
I think people forgot about the club but with a some new stuff out'n'about I think it might pick back up.

So with Shadows over Innistrad set out, I kinda had my heart set on vampires. I tried R/B vampires and did ok. I looked into a few things and actually put white in it for some cards and came out great. The deck is Mardu Madness

I wanted to run B/R vampires but I've gotten, like, zero good vampire cards since the set came out. My best vampire so far is an Elusive Tormentor but after that it's nothing but Insulate Neonates and Sanguinary Mages. After that went to shit I wanted R/G werewolves, but I've yet to pull Arlinn and nobody I know has her. I'm trying to get Sorin for my Teysa EDH but the one person I know who pulled him won't trade hers. I think I might be cursed, because I got seriously into magic with Avacyn Restored and I got a fat pack and pulled and promptly lost Griselbrand. Now that we're back on Innistrad his curse is back in full swing.

Anyway, that deck looks good. Maybe swap out two of those Fiery Tempers for Avacyn's Judgment.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2016-04-26 12:53:38

Some of us are still around. What would you like to discuss?

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2016-04-26 17:34:11

At 4/26/16 12:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Some of us are still around. What would you like to discuss?

Everything! I have a couple decks I'd like pointers on and I'd like to know what everyone's opinions on Shadows is.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2016-04-28 09:54:29

At 4/26/16 05:34 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Everything! I have a couple decks I'd like pointers on and I'd like to know what everyone's opinions on Shadows is.

What decks do you have for standard right now?

At 4/28/16 09:54 AM, omega88x wrote:
At 4/26/16 05:34 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Everything! I have a couple decks I'd like pointers on and I'd like to know what everyone's opinions on Shadows is.
What decks do you have for standard right now?

I don't play standard. Just vintage and EDH. This is the vintage deck I'm working on:

Creatures: 21
1x Fortified Rampart
1x Ornithopter
3x Kitesail Scout
1x Arashin Cleric
2x Corpse Traders
1x Maw of the Obzedat
1x Ghost Council of Orzhova
1x Ruthless Deathfang
1x Trained Caracal
4x Reef Worm
1x Expedition Envoy
1x Viscera Seer
1x Blood Bairn
1x Corpse Blockade
1x Bloodflow Conoisseur

Enchantments: 5
4x Gift of Immortality
1x Righteous Authority

Instants and Sorceries: 10
1x Necrobite
1x Devour Flesh
1x Roil Spout
2x Midnight Recovery
1x Ghastly Demise
1x Grave Exchange
1x Altar's Reap
1x Ultimate Price
1x Cruel Feeding

Lands: 24
x4 Orzhov Guildgate
x4 Azorius Guildgate
x2 Tranquil Cove
x1 Dismal Backwater
x1 Dimir Guildgate
x8 Swamp
x4 Plains

The goal is to get all four Reef Worms enchanted with Gift of Immortality and then sacrificing them over and over to get a field full of 9/9 krakens and also get the benefits of sacrificing a lot of creatures.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2016-04-30 01:20:25

Share your ideas and card setups, side bar if you have one.

BBS Signature