00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Magic: The Gathering Klub

85,804 Views | 578 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-13 21:20:18

They couldn't stop shouting profanities at me.

Which is why I play type 2.0 now. No hate anymore. Just pure entertainment. And strategy and diversity.

Face it, type 1 was just artifacts and graveyard rebirth.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-13 21:26:44

At 9/13/06 09:20 PM, Timeflow wrote:
They couldn't stop shouting profanities at me.
Which is why I play type 2.0 now. No hate anymore. Just pure entertainment. And strategy and diversity.
Face it, type 1 was just artifacts and graveyard rebirth.

Type 2 sucks ass unless you play Izzet.

Type 1 is everything. I can make so many different Decks with type 1, + There are so many Type 1 cards that you can make any deck possible with it.

Also, guys have you ever heard of a Pandemonium Deck? One kid had one last year and it wasT1.5, and it killed all. It used land-killers, Birds of Paradise, Creatures (random), Saproling burst, and Pandemonium. Auto kill when you play Sap. Burst + Pandemonium. 21 damage fool!

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-13 21:33:22

I run a 50/50 white deck with prosten angel-maje of the clinsing fire-becan of emortality-razer golom-rune tail

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-13 21:35:02

At 9/13/06 09:33 PM, dr_5ullivan wrote: I run a 50/50 white deck with prosten angel-maje of the clinsing fire-becan of emortality-razer golom-rune tail

...did you spell those right?

I don't usually run white, since:

1) I don't have any
2) they are annoying
3) they suck, and don't do damage.
4) they suck, and just make the game go on for fucking forever. THat why I play Affinity, it usually makes for a quiick game.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-13 21:50:44

I usualy win in 5 turns
my radient is usualy at 14-23/14-23

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-13 21:58:48

I like slow, strategic games, and type 2.0 is tourney legal, so.. yea. I'm playing a 4 color control right now and an Orzhov agro bleed.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-14 06:20:31

At 9/13/06 09:26 PM, fremen13 wrote: Type 2 sucks ass unless you play Izzet.

Type 1 is everything. I can make so many different Decks with type 1, + There are so many Type 1 cards that you can make any deck possible with it.

Also, guys have you ever heard of a Pandemonium Deck? One kid had one last year and it wasT1.5, and it killed all. It used land-killers, Birds of Paradise, Creatures (random), Saproling burst, and Pandemonium. Auto kill when you play Sap. Burst + Pandemonium. 21 damage fool!

Personally, T1.5 is best, since it has no boundaries.

One player in our org had a land killer deck. You won't be able to cast anything, plus it was speedy. Forgot the cards though, I'm not crazy enough to fuck with his deck twice.

There is this other kid, elf addict. His deck can produce infinite mana and infinite tokens at no more than five turns. I only defeated it once, using another person's Control deck.

Jesus Christ, it's good to be playing again.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-14 18:35:46

At 9/13/06 09:58 PM, United-Assault wrote: I like slow, strategic games, and type 2.0 is tourney legal, so.. yea. I'm playing a 4 color control right now and an Orzhov agro bleed.

I know someone who played T1.5 wizard control. He basically beat everyone with that deck except like 2 people. One kid whos a senior in my scool is going into the Pro Tour. Hes like infinitely good.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-15 01:27:10

At 9/13/06 09:35 PM, Fremen wrote:
At 9/13/06 09:33 PM, dr_5ullivan wrote: I run a 50/50 white deck with prosten angel-maje of the clinsing fire-becan of emortality-razer golom-rune tail
...did you spell those right?

I don't usually run white, since:

1) I don't have any
2) they are annoying
3) they suck, and don't do damage.
4) they suck, and just make the game go on for fucking forever. THat why I play Affinity, it usually makes for a quiick game.

Oh man. You haven't played a good white deck then, if you don't think they don't do any damage. White is all about gaining life. With that being said: Storm Herd + Coat of Arms = Death to your next victim on your path of totall anniahlation(sp?).

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-15 15:37:59

I like white decks as well. I have a few cards that make oppents cards untappable, making them useless, and many other cards that have ill effects other than damage. White decks kill your oponnent slowly but surely, while giving you extra health points.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-15 23:50:36

I just came back from FNM. I got 6th. 4 color deck, type 2. It was great fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-16 13:36:33

I was wondering what kind of expansion sets you all like.
My personal fav. is kamigawa followed Rav and invasion.
No official word on whether i can join yet well
I'll just keep postin til someone says sumthin.

knowing is not true knowledge, understanding is.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-17 11:37:38

Hi guys. I just finished making my Izzet deck in real life.

If any of you have an izzet deck, I really have to suggest putting a "Jilt" into it. If you don't kow what card that is look it up, but Its really good.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-20 19:51:38

Someone peeled a holo at Magic club today, so I'm gonna make my own Card and paste it onto the back. This cards going to be like:

name - "The Helper"
2 colorless to play
rare, mirrodin
Artifact
effect: 1, "All artifacts gain affinity for artifacts until end of the opponents next turn"
10, "All artifacts cost 0 to play, and all blue or black cards cost 1 to play until end of turn"
Flavor text: "The Helper is a legend in the Mirrodin world. He comes out of the ground randomly and helps anyone in sight, if paid that is."

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-20 20:40:00

At 9/20/06 07:51 PM, Fremen wrote:

Too powerful. Impossibly good.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-24 17:37:57

At 9/20/06 08:40 PM, United-Assault wrote:
At 9/20/06 07:51 PM, Fremen wrote:
Too powerful. Impossibly good.

Yeah....I decided to make them into Proxies. I lurve proxies...

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-27 19:14:10

At 9/24/06 05:40 PM, MrTutorial wrote: Nerds! Who play Magic: The gathering. Thats just as bad as Dungeons and Dragons!

lolololololololololololololol

A SPAMMER!!!!

YAY!!!

ok, anyways, I made a new Disciple/Megatog Deck. ME liky

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-09-27 20:16:40

At 9/24/06 05:40 PM, MrTutorial wrote: Nerds! Who play Magic: The gathering. Thats just as bad as Dungeons and Dragons!

DND is awsomesauce. I hate people that bash clubs like these. Anyway, Time Spiral spoilers all over everywhere!

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-02 14:11:06

At 9/27/06 08:16 PM, United-Assault wrote

Anyway, Time Spiral spoilers all over everywhere!

Thats the new Block right? SEnd me a link, I want to check this out.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-08 11:25:21

This is an evil game.
I was introduced to it two weeks ago, ebing given all my friends throw away cards, and since then i have bought well over 1000 cards from ebay.

DAMN YOU MAGIC!!!! DAAAAAAAAMMMN YOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-10 06:29:56

I have lost my precious Stuffy Doll. I loved him, so tender and sweet, and now he is gone >:(

Hrmmm, this thread is quite dead. It has the occasional post here and there, every 3-5 days, but there has to be more Magic players on NG. Maybe I should restart this thread and see if it can take off.

Eh, eh?

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-10 18:51:50

At 10/8/06 11:25 AM, Makaio wrote: This is an evil game.
I was introduced to it two weeks ago, ebing given all my friends throw away cards, and since then i have bought well over 1000 cards from ebay.

DAMN YOU MAGIC!!!! DAAAAAAAAMMMN YOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, seems like we have an addict. (better not tell him about MWS, lol)

I think that we can just bump this club up a lot and then we'll get better attendance.

NOW POST EVERYONE!!!

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-11 20:17:54

At 10/10/06 06:51 PM, Fremen wrote:

I see more people using Apprentice, and Apprentice is the shit.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-14 12:26:54

At 10/11/06 08:17 PM, DirtySyko wrote:
At 10/10/06 06:51 PM, Fremen wrote:
I see more people using Apprentice, and Apprentice is the shit.

MWS is easier and has much more structure. I've never had a problem finding someone to play on MWS. A lot of people play on that too.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-17 23:07:12

well my first lot of cards arrived today, and goddamnit i hated it.

i threw together all the good cards that would work really well together or alone, counted them, and realized i had a deck of 132 cards before mana, after many tedious hours ive managed to widdle it down to about 90, but that still means i have over 115 or so cards in my deck and i cant bare to part with a single one :'(

its a saddening experience, and yet I've had a stiffy for the past several hours.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-18 02:49:15

At 10/17/06 11:07 PM, Makaio wrote:
i threw together all the good cards that would work really well together or alone, counted them, and realized i had a deck of 132 cards before mana, after many tedious hours ive managed to widdle it down to about 90, but that still means i have over 115 or so cards in my deck and i cant bare to part with a single one :'(

Rofl, man you have to make sacrifices, I guarantee your deck will be much better when you can draw cards and be more certain about what you're getting, rather than drawing and having no clue what you might get.

My white/black deck used to have about 70 cards, maybe a bit more, and it wasn't bad or anything. But I decided to remove some cards and put in new ones, and I had to remove the majority of my big damage giving creatures, because they didn't work well with the other cards in my deck. They were just power houses. Now my deck has 54 cards, and it works wonders. I played 5 games against a friend and won each one, with at least 20 or more life.

Taking things out is a complete bitch, but the game is all about cards that cooperate with each other. I noticed I have a harder time removing instants and sorceries than I do creatures.

I still need to get some duplicates of cards I have in my deck because I don't have enough. One enchantment I only have one of, and my deck would be a lot better with three or four of them.

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-18 15:22:22

the sad thing is, with that many cards, i do have 3 or 4 of the really good ones, hence my delemma, i did take a few out but still.

But it actually worked pretty good, its 4/1 and that one loss was before i put the full amount of mana in so im actually very happy.

It does play differently every time, but everytime i have insane cards to throw at them as well as little dude to keep me alive until i can get the bigger guys out, but with all the cards in there, add a few little creatures and 3 or 4 big ones, i could probably make 2 really good decks out of it ahaha.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-21 18:32:30

w00t just paid my first visit to the local comic store, they sell all commons 10 cents each, and all uncommons are rares for 25 cents each, i got about $50+ worth of cards for $7.50, and i only looked through the artifact book, I'm going back in about a week to take a look through the other colors, I'm in heaven ahaha.

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-21 21:10:47

Man, I used to play Magic all the time. I would own all the kids at my summer camp. But since I don't go there anymore, there's no one to play with now. My friend doesn't play Magic anymore and I'm quite bummed :\

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature

Response to Magic: The Gathering Klub 2006-10-28 21:32:22

At 10/21/06 06:32 PM, Makaio wrote: w00t just paid my first visit to the local comic store, they sell all commons 10 cents each, and all uncommons are rares for 25 cents each, i got about $50+ worth of cards for $7.50, and i only looked through the artifact book, I'm going back in about a week to take a look through the other colors, I'm in heaven ahaha.

I wish I had a store like that near me....

That sounds so cool. I could make my artifact deck so powerful...(Its a myr deck, and I know which cards I need in it, but I don't have them...lol)

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature