00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thatgooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 50 Blammers List

255,809 Views | 2,435 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-06-19 20:42:21

At 6/18/08 12:48 PM, Coop83 wrote: If we could Blam accounts, your would probably be right up there with most of those Kitty Crew morons :P

There's a new variation on an old theme for the top 50 blam list topic when talk slows to a trickle. #;-}>

At 6/17/08 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: Yes, because they didn't feel like B/P'ing on their accounts anymore after reaching the final rank.
Slackers, I say! Slackers!

Normal humans, Coop. Just normal humans. #;-}>

Well, I try. I've got another one planned for this weekend, but it's dependant upon me being selected for the cricket match on Saturday, of course - this update has to be manual :(

Que?

At 6/17/08 07:15 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 6/17/08 09:13 AM, Coop83 wrote: Too slow for my liking. Seeing those little bastards get what is coming to them is very satisfying. I wish they still used the Blam and Saves movies :(
But slow and steady wins the race. The whole tortoise and the hare thing. I thought you were the main promoter of that idea when it came to b/p.
That was for B/P numbers, not the way that you vote on each individual movie. If you're voting with your 'slow and steady' tactic, you end up without gaining B/P points, which would invalidate my original slow and steady argument. QED.

But I was talking about changing the face of the top 1000 (I won't claim top 50, because that's... kinda hard for one user to have power over) flashes on NG.

I personally have drug up all 9 parts of BEEBO over 1000+ votes on EVERY SINGLE ONE.

That's the slow and steady I'm talking about. It doesn't have to impact b/p at all. Unless you're literally spending 24/7 on b/ping, being the river to NG's top 1000... is a whole other realm to UJ voting.

So I'm not sure... what you meant, I guess.

Quite slowly, I'm happy to note.
Yeah, but that's only because of your love of the 36ness. If it were only 24k, you'd be falling a lot quicker. It's all relative.

If I'd loved 24 that much.... I might have retired at 24k/24k and been done with it forever, but... that sure would have required a whole lot of holding off on blams back when they were plentiful. Hm...

1166 blams, 1130 saves.

I got him to 1130/1130 last week and then let the blams continue upwards as I filter the saves to gfoxcook and (some) blams to gfoxclock.

Back a few months ago, his saves were around 1122 and his blams were around 990.
Nice, I've got about 850 B/P with C0GMA and I'm catching all of the 'duplicate points' when I switch from home to the office, or home to my girlfriend's house etc. I might as well help the movies that deserve it!

Awesome.

Have you ever roped your gf into b/ping for you, perchance? #;-}>

That's true, but that still leaves me with very few songs and / or puns.

Eh... we'll see, I guess.

ALL RIGHT.... we're gonna do.... PARANOID.... let's go!
On Guitar Hero? Nice, but I think that song has been overplayed at my girlfriend's almost as much as Even Flow, by Pearl Jam.

Nah, just quoting Ozzy's off-the-cuff shouts to the audience prior to the live version of Paranoid (with Randy Rhodes) back in the early 80s, that's on the Essential Ozzy 2-disc set I have and was listening to via iTunes at the time I was typing that post. #;-}>

As for GH3... my top 6 most played songs are:

Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames
The Killers - When You Were Young
Heart - Barracuda
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock

Easily my fave six to play and listen to both in that game, though some others are close behind (a few more of the extras, Bulls on Parade, Number of the Beast, Cult of Personality, etc.).

At 6/19/08 01:39 AM, Molotov wrote:
004) 59535 || + 000 || MPA
005) 58657 || + 297 || Molotov
006) 56165 || + 704 || AfroUnderscoreStud
Close to #4 but probably won't make it. =(

So close yet so far, eh?

You know, you're less than 1k away from the dormant MPA. I know he's outgaining you by a factor over 2 to 1, but... you COULD do it, if you really wanted to.

Either way, you'll be back to #5 in the end. But I know the feeling of preferring to go 5-4-5.... rather than 5-6-5... so...

GANBATTE, X-NAUT-SAMA!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-06-20 08:50:41

At 6/19/08 08:42 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 6/18/08 12:48 PM, Coop83 wrote: If we could Blam accounts, your would probably be right up there with most of those Kitty Crew morons :P
There's a new variation on an old theme for the top 50 blam list topic when talk slows to a trickle. #;-}>

Yeah, Blams slow down, we try to find some shite to get rid of.

At 6/17/08 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: Yes, because they didn't feel like B/P'ing on their accounts anymore after reaching the final rank.
Slackers, I say! Slackers!

Just because I view my species denomination as Pan Narrans (The Storytelling Ape), as opposed to Homo Sapiens (Wise Man)

Well, I try. I've got another one planned for this weekend, but it's dependant upon me being selected for the cricket match on Saturday, of course - this update has to be manual :(
Que?

Casualty's list maker doesn't pull Review Responses :(

Heart - Barracuda
Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Well, let's think. Mine are probably to following:

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
AFI - Miss Murder
Priestess - Lay Down
Charlie Daniels - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Pearl Jam - Even Flow - Took me an absolute age to perfect on Medium.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-06-22 01:15:28

At 6/20/08 08:50 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, Blams slow down, we try to find some shite to get rid of.

Hmmm... kinda like how the longer the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 go without fighting the Others on the Island, the more likely they are to start fighting amongst themselves. #;-}>

Sorry, just watched 18 eps of season 2 and all 23 eps of season 3 in the past few days with practically all of my waking moments. #;-}>

Just because I view my species denomination as Pan Narrans (The Storytelling Ape), as opposed to Homo Sapiens (Wise Man)

... I see.

I'd certainly rather hang out with the former over the latter. Sounds way more entertaining and informative. :::nods:::

(Most wise men are pretty silent)

BTW, whose fucking wise idea was it to name our species WISE, eh? How about we let a little more evolution take place until we assign that term to the entire bloody lot of us, eh? I think only a SCANT FEW have earned that distinction as of yet.

Casualty's list maker doesn't pull Review Responses :(

Ah, that's the one ye were referring to. I gotchas.

Heart - Barracuda
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Well, let's think. Mine are probably to following:

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
AFI - Miss Murder
Priestess - Lay Down
Charlie Daniels - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Pearl Jam - Even Flow - Took me an absolute age to perfect on Medium.

You don't have to "probably" it if you just sign up for a guitarhero.com account and link it to your online GH3 account. Then you can see your "most played songs" right on your profile page. Check out mine:

http://www.guitarhero.com/accounts/26271 0

(scroll down to the very bottom, above the miscellaneous text bits at the bottom is a tiny scrollbar window called "Favorite Song List"... I just wish it listed the actual playcounts on each song. Only counts towards that popularity ranking if you finish a song, BTW, starting and quitting a song (or restarting it) doesn't count towards the invisible tally)

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-06-24 15:45:24

At 6/17/08 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/9/08 01:30 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 6/7/08 03:16 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 6/1/08 02:13 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/30/08 07:09 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/26/08 03:06 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 5/25/08 09:29 PM, Bahamut wrote: Meh.
Heh.
Beh.
Feh.
Deh.
Peh.
Geh.
Neh.

Teh.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I was playing on Silent Hill during that allnighter, so that made me hallucinate Silent Hill things when I was falling asleep.
LOL!

I don't think I'll do that again. XP

Never played any Silent Hill, but I've read enough about the plot and characters and settings on wikipedia, and played enough Resident Evil 4 to know about what that must be like. #;-}>

Silent Hill > Resident Evil

I still love REmake and 4, but I love SH1 - 4 so much!

At that time, yes, but now, it's 70k7.
Well, that's actually much cooler than 70k2, then, eh?
Of course it is.
IN THE YEAR SEVENTY-THOUSAND.... AND SEVEN!

Number of the Beast just came on my iTunes party shuffle as I started replying to your post in this multi-quote, BTW. COINCIDENCE?

Not really. XP

2921 songs for iTunes to select from...

That's more than what my MP3 Player has.

And you asked liljim to take some points off, right?
No, ramagi offered to ask Wade to, and I accepted her offer.

Ah, I see now.

Yes, but remember when B/P'ers gained about 100 blams due to all the flagged submissions being deleted? That's why I think getting a few points at a time from 77600 is more appropriate than 77700.
Good point. Depends on how many flagged submissions you think you've gotten inadvertantly mixed up in, then.

Yeah. So going slow will help.

If that fixes yer b/p list rank issues, that would be ever so keen.

It certainly would. I did mention to him about it, but he claims I could get the program to do it myself. :S

Also, please don't tell me off for taking too many quotes away. I had too much quoted text on my post, so I've had to take some quotes away. Oh well.

At 6/18/08 12:48 PM, Coop83 wrote: Slackers, I say! Slackers!

Give them a break, dammit!

I knew I wasn't gonna get much considering you made the previous update around a week before my temporary break.
Well, it's an easy target to aim for over the next few weeks, isn't it?

To get more blams?

Yeah, I've got to speak to him about pulling Flash reviews and Flash responses. That would save me a shedload of time.

Indeed it would. :)

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-06-26 22:54:19

At 6/22/08 01:15 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 6/20/08 08:50 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, Blams slow down, we try to find some shite to get rid of.
Hmmm... kinda like how the longer the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 go without fighting the Others on the Island, the more likely they are to start fighting amongst themselves. #;-}>

Sorry, just watched 18 eps of season 2 and all 23 eps of season 3 in the past few days with practically all of my waking moments. #;-}>

And add to that all 14 episodes of season 4, which I had to watch on TEH INTRAWEBS. But ABC's streaming HD is pretty decent, actually, so aside from the forced mini-commercial breaks, it wasn't so bad.

That's 55 episodes of Lost out of... I think 84 total episodes.... in the past couple of weeks. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I'm glad I've finally made up for falling out of the show back about 7 episodes in to season 2. ;_;

SEASON 5 ISN'T TILL JANUARY 2009. D'oh.

At 6/24/08 03:45 PM, Bahamut wrote:
Heh.
Beh.
Feh.
Deh.
Peh.
Geh.
Neh.
Teh.

Keh.

No, I can't imagine you'd want to repeat that allnighter type again, no. #;-}>

Never played any Silent Hill, but I've read enough about the plot and characters and settings on wikipedia, and played enough Resident Evil 4 to know about what that must be like. #;-}>

Story/Atmosphere-wise, it certainly sounds like it. What about gameplay wise, though?

I've only played/owned RE4, so I'm not much a judge of either series.

2921 songs for iTunes to select from...

And my gf and I haven't even ripped the tracks from 20% of our combined CD collection yet...

Good thing my MP3 player has 60 gigs of space on it. #;-}>

And you asked liljim to take some points off, right?
No, ramagi offered to ask Wade to, and I accepted her offer.
Ah, I see now.

Yes. I coincidentally noticed me and ramagi talking about just that on the final page of my "guess gfox's b/p retirement numbers" contest thread the other day, when looking up that thread to link to in some other thread this past week... not sure if you know which one I mean, but you can check it out for yourself if you like.

OLD 2005 POSTS FTW.

Yeah. So going slow will help.

Nice and careful.

It certainly would. I did mention to him about it, but he claims I could get the program to do it myself. :S

Hmmmmmmmm.

Also, please don't tell me off for taking too many quotes away. I had too much quoted text on my post, so I've had to take some quotes away. Oh well.

Huh? Nah, it's just been a couple days since I last posted, so it's not like the quoted stuff is so old I've forgotten what we're talking about, man. No worries. #;-}>

Sometimes in LUL I end up actually cutting entire parts of my replies rather than just cutting quotes, BTW.... so each of us how our own ways of combatting the damned characters remaining devil. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-06 08:45:40

At 7/6/08 07:55 AM, darknessdweller wrote: Do we even need this thread anymore? Al I find now, is conversation.

You can find the latest update here.

And yes, we need this thread.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-06 08:47:40

At 7/6/08 08:45 AM, Haggard wrote: You can find the latest update here.

Damn you Coop! You haven't updated the link in your sig and now I have linked to the wrong page!
The latest update is right here on page 47...

And we still need this thread!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-06 15:07:45

At 6/22/08 01:15 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 6/20/08 08:50 AM, Coop83 wrote:
I'd certainly rather hang out with the former over the latter. Sounds way more entertaining and informative. :::nods:::

(Most wise men are pretty silent)

Yeah, you've got to have decent conversation. Apparently, I make decent conversation even while asleep.

You don't have to "probably" it if you just sign up for a guitarhero.com account and link it to your online GH3 account. Then you can see your "most played songs" right on your profile page. Check out mine:

Don't have an online GH3 account - we don't get a connection to XBL... it's difficult. I could if I was at home, but I'd then have to steal the Xbox...

Ah, that's where I'd left the link. Now I can show my girlfriend's brother and watch him cry :P

At 6/18/08 12:48 PM, Coop83 wrote: Slackers, I say! Slackers!
Give them a break, dammit!

Well, if I give them a break, I can still pass them myself :P

I knew I wasn't gonna get much considering you made the previous update around a week before my temporary break.
Well, it's an easy target to aim for over the next few weeks, isn't it?
To get more blams?

Yeah, you can never have too many Blams. Always good to have a run up at Clock Day with your 0 button ;)

Yeah, I've got to speak to him about pulling Flash reviews and Flash responses. That would save me a shedload of time.

I must talk to him about it... He's never online when I am...

At 7/6/08 07:55 AM, darknessdweller wrote: Do we even need this thread anymore? Al I find now, is conversation.

Open your eyes and be enlightened. Top of the page.

At 7/6/08 08:47 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/6/08 08:45 AM, Haggard wrote: You can find the latest update here.

Damn you Coop! You haven't updated the link in your sig and now I have linked to the wrong page!
The latest update is right here on page 47...

Thanks for the heads up, Haggard. I've updated it now :P

And we still need this thread!

Oh definately :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-06 23:40:28

You may have missed it because of all the conversation, but... :::points up:::

DAT RIGHT DERE IS A LIST UPDATE!

And if what you really meant was that we don't need a top 50 blam list because now NG has a once-a-day-auto-updating top 50 blam list, you'd be correct...

WHICH IS WHY THE LIST NOW GOES WELL PAST #50. #;-}>

At 7/6/08 03:07 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/22/08 01:15 AM, gfoxcook wrote: (Most wise men are pretty silent)
Yeah, you've got to have decent conversation. Apparently, I make decent conversation even while asleep.

Oh god, I love talking in my sleep. As long as only my gf's around to hear it. Anyone else... might be embarassing.

Actually, one time back in high school, my sis (in middle school at the time, she's 4 years younger) woke me up on the couch and told me that I'd been mumbling things like this in my sleep:

"Yeah... give me the burger... no, no pickles... no pickles..................."

O_O

Now yes, I like burgers (and chicken sandwiches) without those damned sliced pickles... I'd rather have a nice big un-cut deli pickle on the side than ever inside a sandwich or burger, but...

man, I was either having a very strange/very mundane dream... or the words that were coming out of my mouth really had no actual relation to my dreams. Which I suppose is quite possible, despite the stereotype of people in movies waking up while shouting something "they" were saying in their dream. #;-}>

Don't have an online GH3 account - we don't get a connection to XBL... it's difficult. I could if I was at home, but I'd then have to steal the Xbox...

Ugh... X-Box 360 version of GH3... no wonder. ;_;

PAYING FOR TEH ONLINE SUCKS.

Wii don't have to, Bahamut and I. #;-}>

(well, not yet, at least... rumours abound that certain games will start to have charges)

Ah, that's where I'd left the link. Now I can show my girlfriend's brother and watch him cry :P

http://community.guitarhero.com/accounts /profile/262710?game=gh3

As I said in the PM, they've screwed around with the site a ton thanks to GH: Aerosmith coming out. The old link still works, but will take people to my (for now blank) Aerosmith stats, which are not representative at all.

POSTING IT HERE TO AVOID NET EMBARASSMENT.

Yeah, you can never have too many Blams. Always good to have a run up at Clock Day with your 0 button ;)

(cough)... I beg to differ.

At 7/6/08 08:47 AM, Haggard wrote: And we still need this thread!
Oh definately :)

Amen.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-07 03:17:07

At 7/6/08 11:40 PM, gfoxcook wrote: And if what you really meant was that we don't need a top 50 blam list because now NG has a once-a-day-auto-updating top 50 blam list, you'd be correct...

WHICH IS WHY THE LIST NOW GOES WELL PAST #50. #;-}>

Actually, the list was fine as a top 100. For my own personal stat whorage, I established my incarnation of the list with the top 150 users, so that I am on the list.

The reason I have so much respect for Auz is that he's not on either of the lists he updates. That takes someone who loves stats, but hasn't quite managed to jump onto the lists.

At 6/22/08 01:15 AM, gfoxcook wrote: (Most wise men are pretty silent)
Oh god, I love talking in my sleep. As long as only my gf's around to hear it. Anyone else... might be embarassing.

She's talking about getting a video camera for this momentous event. I'll link you to YouTube when I get footage :P

Actually, one time back in high school, my sis (in middle school at the time, she's 4 years younger) woke me up on the couch and told me that I'd been mumbling things like this in my sleep:

O_O

I was mumbling about how my girlfriend's tactics were awesome for taking over Germany. Read into it what you will. A shame that there wasn't a turnj for 1939, so Germany was invaded in 1940.

Ugh... X-Box 360 version of GH3... no wonder. ;_;

Yeah, if I can save me some money (That means no second holiday this year), I might get it on the Wii :)... Oh, and a Wii as well.

Damned right.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-10 17:09:52

At 6/26/08 10:54 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
Heh.
Beh.
Feh.
Deh.
Peh.
Geh.
Neh.
Teh.
Keh.

Jeh.

No, I can't imagine you'd want to repeat that allnighter type again, no. #;-}>

Well, I might do another allnighter, but NOT PLAYING SILENT HILL GAMES!! Heh, maybe I could be doing an allnighter on my birthday. :O One problem, though. My birthday party this Saturday could wear me out too much, so I might want rest at the end of the day.

Story/Atmosphere-wise, it certainly sounds like it. What about gameplay wise, though?

I guess Resident Evil has an advantage with RE4, but the gameplay for Silent Hill is much better than the old RE gameplay. Those controls were annoying, especially in those damn camera views. I mean, left/right to turn around, down to go backwards and up to go forward is fine on the old Tomb Raider games because the camera is always showing behind Lara. But for Resident Evil, it's a fucking nightmare. I'm so glad they changed things around on RE4.

Damn. :(

And my gf and I haven't even ripped the tracks from 20% of our combined CD collection yet...

Only 20%? HOLY SHIT!! 0__0 Could you put up a list of your combined CD collection sometime? I mean, your collection must make my collection (THIS IS A FUCKING LINK!!) tiny.

Mine has 20. It's becoming too small for me now. And two years ago, I was like "WHOA, 20 GIGS! It'll be ages before I get really short on space." And now I have only 6 gigs left, but at least I've been cleaning it up once in a while, because if I didn't, the free space would be very little.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Seriously, I don't know much about scripts and modifying programs.

Sometimes in LUL I end up actually cutting entire parts of my replies rather than just cutting quotes, BTW.... so each of us how our own ways of combatting the damned characters remaining devil. #;-}>

We should get some immunity to that, or we really need to cut down on the quotes at times. :P

CAN I BASH MY HEAD ON THE MONITOR?!?!

At 6/24/08 03:45 PM, Bahamut wrote: Give them a break, dammit!

So you wish to pass me sometime?

To get more blams?

FUCK THE 0'S ON CLOCK DAY!!

Get online more often. He's usually on when I'm on.

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-11 18:50:19

At 7/7/08 03:17 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/6/08 11:40 PM, gfoxcook wrote: WHICH IS WHY THE LIST NOW GOES WELL PAST #50. #;-}>
Actually, the list was fine as a top 100. For my own personal stat whorage, I established my incarnation of the list with the top 150 users, so that I am on the list.

It doesn't matter whether it's 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, or ONE MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLION, the point is it goes further than NG's top 50. In fact, if it had 51, it would STILL offer more than NG's.

You were saying there was more info (as in more columns) than in NG's, and that may be true, but the main point of usermade lists is that either the stat they're of is just not listed by NG, or is not listed FAR enough, IMO. Extra info is nice, but it's just the icing on the cake. That noob doesn't see any of that, though.

He can't see my cake or your icing. HE'S BLIND.

The reason I have so much respect for Auz is that he's not on either of the lists he updates. That takes someone who loves stats, but hasn't quite managed to jump onto the lists.

Damn straight. True, unfettered, unbiased, unselfish, objective dedication.

AUZ IS TEH MAN.

At 7/6/08 03:07 PM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, you've got to have decent conversation. Apparently, I make decent conversation even while asleep.
She's talking about getting a video camera for this momentous event. I'll link you to YouTube when I get footage :P

Awesome.

Or not. DEPENDS.

I was mumbling about how my girlfriend's tactics were awesome for taking over Germany. Read into it what you will. A shame that there wasn't a turnj for 1939, so Germany was invaded in 1940.

LOL!

Damned right.

Once they get their hooks in you... it's over.

PC games, Wii games... upfront cost... then nothing else. So sweet.

This is the main reason I haven't played WOW yet and intend to avoid it forever if at all possible. Monthly charges = what you pay for cable and internet, NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL THINGS, GODDAMNIT.

At 7/10/08 05:09 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/25/08 09:29 PM, Bahamut wrote:
Meh.
Heh.
Beh.
Feh.
Deh.
Peh.
Geh.
Neh.
Teh.
Keh.
Jeh.

Leh.

Well, I might do another allnighter, but NOT PLAYING SILENT HILL GAMES!! Heh, maybe I could be doing an allnighter on my birthday. :O One problem, though. My birthday party this Saturday could wear me out too much, so I might want rest at the end of the day.

I hope you enjoyed you birthday weekend party times.

No TF2 with teh gfox, though. ;_;

I've played with Hiyasu and Onic from ADGBC in the past 3 days about 4 times, so at least I've played with some ADGBC/NG buds already. BUT WHERE WAS YOU. ;_;

I guess Resident Evil has an advantage with RE4, but the gameplay for Silent Hill is much better than the old RE gameplay. Those controls were annoying, especially in those damn camera views. I mean, left/right to turn around, down to go backwards and up to go forward is fine on the old Tomb Raider games because the camera is always showing behind Lara. But for Resident Evil, it's a fucking nightmare. I'm so glad they changed things around on RE4.

So compared to Tomb Raider controls, RE controls before RE4 were shite, essentially? Thanks for that tidbit of advice, I don't feel like I missed out as much, then.

Have you played any Devil May Cry? I saw the newest one on some G4techTV show a few months ago and it looked nifty spifty and I was thinking about picking up one of 'em for PS or PS2 sometime. Wondering how the controls for that compare to SH, RE, and Tomb Raider.

Damn. :(

:::shrugs::: ;_;

Only 20%? HOLY SHIT!! 0__0 Could you put up a list of your combined CD collection sometime? I mean, your collection must make my collection (THIS IS A FUCKING LINK!!) tiny.

How am I gonna do that? O_o

I can paste you a list of all the folders in my iTunes directory, but it's only 70 or so artists right now, and again... nowhere near the full collection of my gf and I.

Mine has 20. It's becoming too small for me now. And two years ago, I was like "WHOA, 20 GIGS! It'll be ages before I get really short on space." And now I have only 6 gigs left, but at least I've been cleaning it up once in a while, because if I didn't, the free space would be very little.

I never delete anything off mine, and it isn't anywhere near half full yet. It will be one day, though, once I RIP MOAR CDs into iTunes and into it.

Seriously, I don't know much about scripts and modifying programs.

Nor doth I.

We should get some immunity to that, or we really need to cut down on the quotes at times. :P

Immunity? Whatcha mean? To the character limit? I wish. Even mods don't have carte blanche on charlimits, though, just on the 4 per 30 rule which is not usually a problem for us multiquoters (and it would be even less of a problem if the charlimit was higher or eliminated FOR CERTAIN LUCKY INDIVID'S)

LOL!

PLEASE DO. BUT REPLACE "MY" WITH "DARKNESSDWELLER'S" FIRST, THXMUCH.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-12 09:24:39

Happy Birthday, Bahamut!

At 6/24/08 03:45 PM, Bahamut wrote: Give them a break, dammit!
So you wish to pass me sometime?

Let's not beat around the bush here. I wish to pass everyone. I feel that my perseverance can lead to me becoming the ultimate stat whore. The only thing is it will take me quite a while.

To get more blams?
FUCK THE 0'S ON CLOCK DAY!!

See the above sentiment.

Difficult at present - I'm hoping the connection lasts long enough for what will follow ;)

At 7/11/08 06:50 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 7/7/08 03:17 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/6/08 11:40 PM, gfoxcook wrote: WHICH IS WHY THE LIST NOW GOES WELL PAST #50. #;-}>
It doesn't matter whether it's 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, or ONE MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLION, the point is it goes further than NG's top 50. In fact, if it had 51, it would STILL offer more than NG's.

If it had 50 users on, it would offer more than NG's top 50, as on Ng's top 50, you can't see movement, relative paces and other useful bits and pieces like that.

Awesome.

Or not. DEPENDS.

I promise that I won't be in teh nudes. The only issue is that the light might wake me up.

I was mumbling about how my girlfriend's tactics were awesome for taking over Germany. Read into it what you will. A shame that there wasn't a turn for 1939, so Germany was invaded in 1940.
LOL!

Still, the arrogant Germans were finished off and the dumbass French wouldn't get out of my back garden when I asked them to, they stole one of my workers and so I had to kill them as well. Now it's just a case of provoking the Russians or Indians into attacking me, so I can wipe them off the board as well.

Coop's Blams List #03
I'm getting into the swing of things now... I think

Well, there's very little activity on this list, but hells, I want to update it, so here goes. Thanks to Casualty for saving me some time in my little holiday from parents, who have left the house for a week.

No jumping between the posts or new entries this month, but i get the feeling that could change for all three next time around. Only time will tell.

Milestones:
Apologies for missing it out last month, but I've added this to the milestones this month, to stop those people from feeling left out.

55,555 Blams - AfroUnderscoreStud
50,000 Blams - DrJam
40,000 Blams - harryjarry
15,000 Blams - Auz; Wingman26

Top 5 Gainers:
+816 - DrJam
+767 - harryjarry
+698 - AfroUnderscoreStud
+632 - Basspro55
+534 - Crolpa

These guys haven't got much of a problem, but I had the 9th most this month. I'm impressed with that.

The list:
Part 1 - This is my BLAMSTICK!

Rank) Blams|| Gain || Username
001) 70006 || + 000 || Denvish
002) 64000 || + 000 || ramagi
003) 61211 || + 290 || Wylo
005) 58941 || + 284 || Molotov
006) 56863 || + 698 || AfroUnderscoreStud
007) 53885 || + 258 || ReconRebel
008) 52251 || + 486 || Punisher
009) 50951 || + 816 || DrJam
010) 49720 || + 000 || schneelocke
011) 47895 || + 000 || bila
012) 43665 || + 000 || Qwoxyl
013) 40716 || + 767 || harryjarry 1
014) 40471 || + 017 || leeboy105 -1
015) 39283 || + 058 || BonusStage
016) 37992 || + 000 || ADT
017) 37793 || + 039 || Sakurazukamori
018) 37380 || + 044 || LittleMissVixen
019) 36876 || + 000 || Bahamut
020) 36619 || + 012 || DonDoli
021) 36000 || + 000 || gfoxcook
022) 35502 || + 261 || Phantom
023) 35273 || + 033 || X-Naut
024) 34527 || + 014 || Rabindarath
025) 34339 || + 375 || Ehwaz003 1
026) 34243 || + 032 || azteca89 -1
027) 33402 || + 000 || fixit
028) 33263 || + 000 || yaya12
029) 32993 || + 096 || Aksumka
030) 32373 || + 000 || ScottTowels
031) 31980 || + 000 || RoweNuts
032) 30825 || + 088 || M-A-R-C-U-S
033) 30651 || + 028 || Andersson
034) 29406 || + 029 || Kolohe 1
035) 29392 || + 011 || Gooch -1
036) 29325 || + 632 || Basspro55 1
037) 29070 || + 222 || remrulzz -1
038) 28570 || + 000 || alexsmolik
039) 28066 || + 058 || BlueHippo
040) 27507 || + 000 || Mazza
041) 26806 || + 062 || RenegadeGirl
042) 26441 || + 043 || Voidist
043) 26211 || + 000 || Joe
044) 26122 || + 000 || D0GMA
045) 26002 || + 000 || iscrulz
046) 26001 || + 010 || YoinK
047) 25970 || + 021 || Foxphere
048) 25710 || + 010 || R3dF0x
049) 25383 || + 090 || LatinoRalf 1
050) 25380 || + 000 || Major-punk -1

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-12 09:25:51

Part 2 - Blam it on the Boogie

051) 25304 || + 131 || LockClock
052) 25140 || + 000 || Syme
053) 24818 || + 406 || courtday 2
054) 24771 || + 000 || Kronno -1
055) 24704 || + 036 || pepeatumi -1
056) 24299 || + 016 || iWalker
057) 24217 || + 003 || Nijsse
058) 24197 || + 036 || IM-KOOL-R-U
059) 24140 || + 001 || the-puppet
060) 24000 || + 000 || iamnone
061) 23577 || + 023 || ouandyoi
062) 23336 || + 000 || j00bie
063) 23156 || + 003 || thisisasignin
064) 23113 || + 270 || Seamonky 2
065) 23085 || + 000 || KWAS71KCK -1
066) 23001 || + 000 || Thobbe -1
067) 22430 || + 000 || goodguyO
068) 21806 || + 000 || moongod
069) 21590 || + 000 || Xiivi
070) 21446 || + 006 || EagleRock
071) 21442 || + 198 || Rule 1
072) 21407 || + 000 || XwaynecoltX -1
073) 21183 || + 292 || TheDepthsofHell 2
074) 21094 || + 031 || Sentio -1
075) 20944 || + 000 || chaotic1 -1
076) 20812 || + 034 || pieoncar
077) 20727 || + 056 || ornery-scotsman 1
078) 20727 || + 000 || altr -1
079) 20410 || + 001 || SlashFirestorm
080) 20388 || + 000 || lightning
081) 20101 || + 001 || wismty
082) 20005 || + 000 || Stormwarden
083) 20000 || + 000 || biteme2514
084) 19998 || + 000 || Newgrundling
085) 19984 || + 000 || AnzRage
086) 19952 || + 000 || sharpie097
087) 19934 || + 041 || CaptainBob
088) 19746 || + 000 || QuikFox
089) 19709 || + 041 || ThreeStar
090) 19665 || + 000 || artificial
091) 19657 || + 000 || BeFell
092) 19655 || + 534 || Crolpa 3
093) 19454 || + 000 || NeMeSiSM66 -1
094) 19338 || + 017 || staphita -1
095) 19308 || + 012 || ThePunisher52 -1
096) 19070 || + 507 || shunshuu 4
097) 18994 || + 000 || PimpMasterKDOG -1
098) 18937 || + 023 || FIGMENTUM -1
099) 18838 || + 032 || mentalis -1
100) 18725 || + 000 || DuMa-RyoHahn -1

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-12 09:27:26

Part 3 - Blamunition

101) 18240 || + 169 || Now-n-Again 2
102) 18240 || + 000 || Dream-of-Duke -1
103) 18084 || + 000 || ac-dc007 -1
104) 17970 || + 006 || Minion777
105) 17924 || + 004 || XkwiziTOnE
106) 17897 || + 000 || Mr-Snrub
107) 17672 || + 013 || IvanTuroc
108) 17548 || + 017 || sunhawk818
109) 17480 || + 022 || TimScheff
110) 17431 || + 000 || Tommy
111) 17426 || + 000 || ArtDanVal
112) 17324 || + 084 || stafffighter
113) 17247 || + 382 || Coop83 2
114) 17181 || + 000 || Parasoul -1
115) 17082 || + 014 || TITROTU -1
116) 16820 || + 000 || ZIGZAG4EVER
117) 16767 || + 000 || swive
118) 16659 || + 100 || bmxgamer 2
119) 16604 || + 015 || ThunderboltLegion -1
120) 16572 || + 000 || Kisuke -1
121) 16568 || + 238 || Rarebreed 1
122) 16500 || + 033 || Heinrich -1
123) 16264 || + 123 || IvanTuroc
124) 16060 || + 000 || Punk-Noodles
125) 15958 || + 191 || OneUp 3
126) 15944 || + 095 || Kirk-Cocaine -1
127) 15901 || + 362 || pwroftheseagoat 6
128) 15843 || + 007 || HaroFreak -2
129) 15806 || + 008 || Myst -2
130) 15751 || + 000 || Seraphius -1
131) 15727 || + 015 || Ventar -1
132) 15586 || + 000 || Rabid-Echidna -1
133) 15574 || + 024 || alhill -1
134) 15526 || + 000 || phileeguy
135) 15497 || + 000 || RupeeClock
136) 15408 || + 000 || TremcladClock
137) 15387 || + 257 || Auz
138) 15053 || + 053 || Wingman26 1
139) 15008 || + 000 || carmelhadinosaur -1
140) 15000 || + 000 || life
141) 14956 || + 000 || Orcmors
142) 14936 || + 007 || Cyberdevil
143) 14912 || + 012 || LittleWashu
144) 14848 || + 001 || RageVI
145) 14746 || + 000 || gamejunkie
146) 14746 || + 000 || The-Nameless-0ne
147) 14666 || + 020 || Claudia-C18
148) 14533 || + 008 || Omgee
149) 14418 || + 014 || Kenneth-Knows-All
150) 14389 || + 029 || Glamdrung

Most Ranks Gained: pwroftheseagoat (+6)
Most Ranks Lost: HaroFreak; Myst (-2)
Total Blams for the top 150: 3,754,799
Total Blams gained in the last 4 weeks: 10,958

Coop's thoughts:
It may look like Blams are being accumulated slowly, but there are users out there that are proving it possible. Users like pwroftheseagoat, who gained 6 ranks did it without many Blams this month. Few people want to blam, because they don't see a way into the top 50, while they do with Saves.

I'm closing in on the top 100. This next 4 weeks should let me see if I'm getting good and close or if I'm just setting myself up for the update after that. Worth a decent watch, isnt' it?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-12 14:42:13

At 7/12/08 09:24 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/10/08 05:09 PM, Bahamut wrote: So you wish to pass me sometime?
Let's not beat around the bush here. I wish to pass everyone. I feel that my perseverance can lead to me becoming the ultimate stat whore. The only thing is it will take me quite a while.

So wait, what all are you behind Bahamut in (I mean beyond just blams), anyway? Because ye be ahead of him in the main thing that matters.

At 7/11/08 06:50 PM, gfoxcook wrote: It doesn't matter whether it's 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, or ONE MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLION, the point is it goes further than NG's top 50. In fact, if it had 51, it would STILL offer more than NG's.
If it had 50 users on, it would offer more than NG's top 50, as on Ng's top 50, you can't see movement, relative paces and other useful bits and pieces like that.

Sure, but those are secondary to me. And hell, I helped pioneer extra info, man. Inclusion of as many statwhores as possible on a single list = the main way to win, is all.

Awesome.
Or not. DEPENDS.
I promise that I won't be in teh nudes. The only issue is that the light might wake me up.

Eh, just meant that... what you reveal through your sleeptalking could end up being NOT SO AWESOME. I'm not one to chance fate by granting a 100% certain awesomeness guarantee. #;-}>

Still, the arrogant Germans were finished off and the dumbass French wouldn't get out of my back garden when I asked them to, they stole one of my workers and so I had to kill them as well. Now it's just a case of provoking the Russians or Indians into attacking me, so I can wipe them off the board as well.

Ha!

Coop's Blams List #03

WOOT! Thanks much.

The list:

BOOM shaka...

001) 70006 || + 000 || Denvish
005) 58941 || + 284 || Molotov

Think Wylo will pass ramagi before Afro passes him?

007) 53885 || + 258 || ReconRebel
008) 52251 || + 486 || Punisher
009) 50951 || + 816 || DrJam
010) 49720 || + 000 || schneelocke
011) 47895 || + 000 || bila
012) 43665 || + 000 || Qwoxyl
013) 40716 || + 767 || harryjarry 1
014) 40471 || + 017 || leeboy105 -1
015) 39283 || + 058 || BonusStage
016) 37992 || + 000 || ADT
017) 37793 || + 039 || Sakurazukamori
018) 37380 || + 044 || LittleMissVixen
020) 36619 || + 012 || DonDoli
021) 36000 || + 000 || gfoxcook
022) 35502 || + 261 || Phantom
023) 35273 || + 033 || X-Naut
024) 34527 || + 014 || Rabindarath
025) 34339 || + 375 || Ehwaz003 1
026) 34243 || + 032 || azteca89 -1
027) 33402 || + 000 || fixit
028) 33263 || + 000 || yaya12

Well, Me days are numbered indeed. I'm ranked #21 on both blams and b/p right now, so that's kinda cool.

At 7/12/08 09:25 AM, Coop83 wrote: Part 2 - Blam it on the Boogie

Who wanted to blame teh boogie, anyway?

At 7/12/08 09:27 AM, Coop83 wrote: Part 3 - Blamunition

My favourite one-stop-shop.

COMIN' TA GETCHA! HOLY DIVER!

150) 14389 || + 029 || Glamdrung

TEH STURM UND TEH DRANG.

Most Ranks Gained: pwroftheseagoat (+6)
Most Ranks Lost: HaroFreak; Myst (-2)

Yeah, not too much activity if those are the highs and lows, but hey.

Total Blams for the top 150: 3,754,799
Total Blams gained in the last 4 weeks: 10,958

Wow. Such a small %.

Coop's thoughts:
It may look like Blams are being accumulated slowly, but there are users out there that are proving it possible. Users like pwroftheseagoat, who gained 6 ranks did it without many Blams this month. Few people want to blam, because they don't see a way into the top 50, while they do with Saves.

I saw plenty of people with 700, 800, 900 blams, yeah. They're out there.

I'm closing in on the top 100. This next 4 weeks should let me see if I'm getting good and close or if I'm just setting myself up for the update after that. Worth a decent watch, isnt' it?

Either way, you win. SUCH IS THE LIFE OF THE BLAM SHARK. ALWAYS MOVING, ALWAYS BREATHING IN THE PORTAL WATER, ALWAYS SEARCHING. RESTLESS.

HE'S THE LAST IN LINE.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-15 06:42:11

At 7/12/08 02:42 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 7/12/08 09:24 AM, Coop83 wrote:
So wait, what all are you behind Bahamut in (I mean beyond just blams), anyway? Because ye be ahead of him in the main thing that matters.

Oh I know, but I've got these aspirations to get myself up there with the elite in each category. Not long now before I end up passing him for reviews as well :P

At 7/11/08 06:50 PM, gfoxcook wrote: It doesn't matter whether it's 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, or ONE MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLION, the point is it goes further than NG's top 50. In fact, if it had 51, it would STILL offer more than NG's.
Sure, but those are secondary to me. And hell, I helped pioneer extra info, man. Inclusion of as many statwhores as possible on a single list = the main way to win, is all.

Fair enough, I suppose. I would say that with the extra stats and more users on the list, that would make it the most epic possible. *Plays Faith No More in the background*

Awesome.
Or not. DEPENDS.
Eh, just meant that... what you reveal through your sleeptalking could end up being NOT SO AWESOME. I'm not one to chance fate by granting a 100% certain awesomeness guarantee. #;-}>

Ah, that's like Hinduism - "God is omnipresent, he knows anything, or he may not know... Basically, your guess is as good as ours *shrugs*"

Ha!

Now to convince the Russians or the Indians that it's a good idea to wage wart against me. Shouldn't take me too long to convince them.

Coop's Blams List #03
WOOT! Thanks much.

No problem

The list:
BOOM shaka...

Bruce Campbell FTW!

Interesting question, but the answer is no.

Well, Me days are numbered indeed. I'm ranked #21 on both blams and b/p right now, so that's kinda cool.

A shame you're not #21 for Saves as well, because that would be a super cool tryptic.

At 7/12/08 09:25 AM, Coop83 wrote: Part 2 - Blam it on the Boogie

"Them"

No, that's Blamunation. Blamunition is what you charge your Blam stick up with.

COMIN' TA GETCHA! HOLY DIVER!

Soon. Still another 10 guys to pass before reaching this insignificant target :P

Coop's thoughts:
I saw plenty of people with 700, 800, 900 blams, yeah. They're out there.

Well... 3 or 4 of them had that many Blams this month :P

Either way, you win. SUCH IS THE LIFE OF THE BLAM SHARK. ALWAYS MOVING, ALWAYS BREATHING IN THE PORTAL WATER, ALWAYS SEARCHING. RESTLESS.

I will rise to become the biggest fish in this pool, then move onto the smallest fish in the bigger pool. Always testing my limits,. always growing.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-15 06:44:42

I have a question...what exactly is the point of this thread? With the rankings and all it seems pretty pointless cause all your doing is copying + pasting tht list onto here....unless this is a lounge for those 50 indivuals which is even more stupid in my opinion..

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-15 12:51:34

At 7/15/08 06:44 AM, smc316 wrote: I have a question...what exactly is the point of this thread? With the rankings and all it seems pretty pointless cause all your doing is copying + pasting tht list onto here....unless this is a lounge for those 50 indivuals which is even more stupid in my opinion..

Never underestimate the ingenuity of fools. This list is by no means, foolproof. We had someone ask the very same question about a week ago. As you will note, this thread has been around for some time now and on the latest updates, I've been posting the top 150 Blammers. It shows monthly paces, total gains for each user and of course the position of the users around them, so that they can keep track of their scoresas well.

It is much more than a Copy / Paste function. I pull the stats once a month, analyse them and release a fully coded list that includes most things that the people are after. Hell, at some point, I might even add averages onto it. That would be going slightly crazy of me, so watch this space :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-15 14:30:45

Man, it's going to take me a VERY long time to get onto this list at the current rate that I'm getting blams. Should have B/Ped more in 2005 when I joined, and blams were more readily available. *Misses those days*

At 7/15/08 06:44 AM, smc316 wrote:

Dude... you really need to start looking at things MUCH more closely before you comment on them, because otherwise you're just making a complete fool of yourself -- not just in this thread, but as you well know, I've seen you doing it in other threads as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-15 17:16:47

At 7/15/08 02:30 PM, NEVR wrote: Man, it's going to take me a VERY long time to get onto this list at the current rate that I'm getting blams. Should have B/Ped more in 2005 when I joined, and blams were more readily available. *Misses those days*

Get your head down and hit those Blams when they are available. It's just a case of making the points when you can and soon they will rack themselves up.

Even at an average of 300 Per month, that's still 3,600 per year and on that sort of pace against the virtually inactive lower ranks of this list, you'll be there in about 18 months.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-15 17:25:48

At 7/15/08 05:16 PM, Coop83 wrote: Get your head down and hit those Blams when they are available. It's just a case of making the points when you can and soon they will rack themselves up.

Yeahh, when I get a laptop for uni, I'm gonna download Portal Guard to help me out, because recently I've started to see how many blams I'm actually missing. Whenever I'm in the portal B/Ping, after I've finished watching and voting on one movie, I'll move onto the next by increasing the number at the end of the submission's URL by 1, so that it just takes me straight to the submission rather than going back to the portal and clicking it from there.

The number of times I've seen the Eulogy screen using that method is crazy, though. I must miss SO many blams each day -- it's just a case of getting to the submissions while they're still hot so I don't miss out.

Even at an average of 300 Per month, that's still 3,600 per year and on that sort of pace against the virtually inactive lower ranks of this list, you'll be there in about 18 months.

That's quite encouraging actually. I know 18 months is a while, but there's plenty of other stuff to keep me occupied, both on NG and IRL, so the time will probably go pretty quickly.

Cheers for the motivation, Coop! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-15 22:58:32

Just reached 80 Thousand Blams :)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-16 01:46:41

Awesome update Coop, man I really cannot wait to get on this list. I just guesstimated a little with my pace and figured that it might be possible to get on this list by the end of this year but I doubt I will keep my pace up after I get EGSC.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-16 08:26:58

At 7/15/08 05:25 PM, NEVR wrote: Cheers for the motivation, Coop! :)

No problem, that's one of my many facets :P

At 7/15/08 10:58 PM, Toocool100 wrote: Just reached 80 Thousand Blams :)

I almost shudder to think of how many B/P I'll have by the time you manage to get 80,000 Blams :P

At 7/16/08 01:46 AM, Joshiwa wrote: Awesome update Coop, man I really cannot wait to get on this list. I just guesstimated a little with my pace and figured that it might be possible to get on this list by the end of this year but I doubt I will keep my pace up after I get EGSC.

4k isn't that many for you, as the players at that part of the list are hardly setting the place aflame with their paces.

Stick to it and I guarantee there will be a place for you on the list when you get here :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-17 01:28:28

At 7/15/08 06:42 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/12/08 02:42 PM, gfoxcook wrote: So wait, what all are you behind Bahamut in (I mean beyond just blams), anyway? Because ye be ahead of him in the main thing that matters.
Oh I know, but I've got these aspirations to get myself up there with the elite in each category. Not long now before I end up passing him for reviews as well :P

Well, have fun with that, but I'll repeat my opinion here that the only things that matter are exp/VP. #;-}>

Fair enough, I suppose. I would say that with the extra stats and more users on the list, that would make it the most epic possible. *Plays Faith No More in the background*

Well, let's put it this way. If I had the choice between checking out a list in any random stat I'm somewhat-but-not-super interested in.... with:

A) the same top 50 listed that NG may or may not list already, but tons of extra columns with more data + lots of analysis pre/post list itself...

or:

B) a top 500 list updated at the same regularity, with ONLY the bare info needed for that stat, and very little analysis outside of the list.

I'd take B for most stats.

Even if I'm personally in the top 50, so either way I'm listed. I felt I should make that clear. #;-}>

Ah, that's like Hinduism - "God is omnipresent, he knows anything, or he may not know... Basically, your guess is as good as ours *shrugs*"

Hahah. I hadn't heard that one, actually. Quality.

Now to convince the Russians or the Indians that it's a good idea to wage wart against me. Shouldn't take me too long to convince them.

Remind me never to invite Russians or Indians over to a Halloween costume party!

(that was the most fun typo you've made to read in some time, man #;-}>)

Bruce Campbell FTW!

THE ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY JR. FTW!

Awww shucks...

Unless Wylo = Barry Bonds, that's not the answer all the blamlist fans wanted to hear. ;_;

Much more entertaining to watch multiple people take down the higher ranked person, not the person under that rank. ;_;

A shame you're not #21 for Saves as well, because that would be a super cool tryptic.

Such things are as rare as unassisted triple plays.

"Them"

... but... no, dude, what was that a reference to, is what I meant. #;-}>

No, that's Blamunation. Blamunition is what you charge your Blam stick up with.

Argh, I clearly didn't read that closely enough. #;-}>

Soon. Still another 10 guys to pass before reaching this insignificant target :P

Pfft. Keep telling yourself (and Dukey) that. But you know you're gonna have some gleeful funs, even if for just a minute or two, as you pass him by. #;-}>

I will rise to become the biggest fish in this pool, then move onto the smallest fish in the bigger pool. Always testing my limits,. always growing.

Your b/p life on NG is just like the game of Fishy, then.

It's settled.

At 7/15/08 06:44 AM, smc316 wrote: I have a question...what exactly is the point of this thread? With the rankings and all it seems pretty pointless cause all your doing is copying + pasting tht list onto here....unless this is a lounge for those 50 indivuals which is even more stupid in my opinion..

.... :::rubs eyes:::

... :::looks at clock:::

... :::looks at calendar:::

Is it just me, or did this thread just experience a huge whiplash-inducing motherfuckloadful of deja vu there for a second?

SMC. YO. YEAH, YOU.

A) this was a top 50 before NG had a top 50 of this stat.
B) since NG has had a top 50 of this stat, this list has had more than 50 people on it. WAKE UP.

At 7/15/08 02:30 PM, NEVR wrote: Man, it's going to take me a VERY long time to get onto this list at the current rate that I'm getting blams. Should have B/Ped more in 2005 when I joined, and blams were more readily available. *Misses those days*

Hindsight.... thou cruelest of wenches...

At 7/15/08 05:16 PM, Coop83 wrote: Get your head down and hit those Blams when they are available. It's just a case of making the points when you can and soon they will rack themselves up.

Sure, but.... blams are so much harder to get unless you camp on the portal, right? I mean, I take the blams I can get on gfoxclock, but... he never gets more than 2-6 in a day when I'm looking out for him, and usually just 1 or 2 if I'm voting on more than 20 saves for gfoxcook that day.

To put it another way... Saves is easy. Saves you don't even have to stay on top of the portal for. A couple checks in a day = a bundle of saves if done at the right time of day.

Blams... blams is different.

Yeah, maybe Portal Guard. I've never used it, and I don't think it's really needed for save-getting, unless you REALLY HAVE TO HAVE EVERY LAST ONE.... but it would probably really increase your blam take, NEVR.

Alternate Reality Wednesday FTW, eh Toocool? #;-}> Congrats on dem saves in THIS world, and congrats to your evil alternate reality version on his blamspree to end all blamsprees.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-17 10:33:14

It sucks that protection points are easier to get now. One point of satisfaction of only saving submissions back in the day was that most people had a 2:1 Blam/Save ratio and having more saves than blams was rare. Now that the trend has reversed, my ratio although impressive, will not be as astounding or out of reach as it once was. It seems as though almost everyone has more saves than blams now.

Oh well

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-17 15:37:55

Toocool100 posted here, so why not post with Toohot100? ;)

At 5/26/08 03:06 PM, gfoxcook wrote: At 5/25/08 09:29 PM, Bahamut wrote:
Meh.
Heh.
Beh.
Feh.
Deh.
Peh.
Geh.
Neh.
Teh.
Keh.
Jeh.
Leh.

Reh.

I hope you enjoyed you birthday weekend party times.

I did. :)

No TF2 with teh gfox, though. ;_;

Maybe soon.

So compared to Tomb Raider controls, RE controls before RE4 were shite, essentially? Thanks for that tidbit of advice, I don't feel like I missed out as much, then.

Well, REmake is still worth getting, but BEWARE the cameras.

Have you played any Devil May Cry?

Only a demo of 4.

Write up a list. :P

I can paste you a list of all the folders in my iTunes directory, but it's only 70 or so artists right now, and again... nowhere near the full collection of my gf and I.

Better than nothing, I guess. Please give me that list soon.

I never delete anything off mine, and it isn't anywhere near half full yet. It will be one day, though, once I RIP MOAR CDs into iTunes and into it.

What are you waiting for? GO GO GO!

LOL!

PLEASE DO. BUT REPLACE "MY" WITH "DARKNESSDWELLER'S" FIRST, THXMUCH.

No, I must bash my head on the monitor after reading that post.

Oh yeah, that's what I was supposed to do.

*bashes head on the monitor*

At 7/12/08 09:24 AM, Coop83 wrote: Happy Birthday, Bahamut!

W00t, thanks!

So you DO want to pass me. Well, if you do, that's fine with me, even though it'll take a long time to get there.

Difficult at present - I'm hoping the connection lasts long enough for what will follow ;)

Get a better connection?

Coop's Blams List #03

Thanks for the update Coop. :)

Milestones:
Apologies for missing it out last month, but I've added this to the milestones this month, to stop those people from feeling left out.

55,555 Blams - AfroUnderscoreStud

Congrats pink lover.

50,000 Blams - DrJam
40,000 Blams - harryjarry
15,000 Blams - Auz; Wingman26

And congrats to the rest.

Rank) Blams|| Gain || Username

Nothing much for me here. I think I'll be staying there for a few months.

If only this alt had that many blams. :P

At 7/17/08 10:33 AM, Toocool100 wrote: It seems as though almost everyone has more saves than blams now.

My main and this alt, however, have more blams than saves. :D

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-17 16:56:43

At 7/17/08 01:28 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 7/15/08 06:42 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/12/08 02:42 PM, gfoxcook wrote: So wait, what all are you behind Bahamut in (I mean beyond just blams), anyway? Because ye be ahead of him in the main thing that matters.
Well, have fun with that, but I'll repeat my opinion here that the only things that matter are exp/VP. #;-}>

Since Experience and VP only tally relatively slowly, I thought I'd pass the time with other stats to keep me from going stir crazy ;)

Well, let's put it this way. If I had the choice between checking out a list in any random stat I'm somewhat-but-not-super interested in.... with:

A) the same top 50 listed that NG may or may not list already, but tons of extra columns with more data + lots of analysis pre/post list itself...

or:

B) a top 500 list updated at the same regularity, with ONLY the bare info needed for that stat, and very little analysis outside of the list.

I'd take B for most stats.

Yeah, B sounds good, plus it doesn't put me out of a job or three :P

Even if I'm personally in the top 50, so either way I'm listed. I felt I should make that clear. #;-}>

10-4, I'm reading you loud and clear. Quantity of stats over diversity of them, I suppose. Keep people interested in them, possibly to encourage them to make some progress...

Hahah. I hadn't heard that one, actually. Quality.

Bill Bailey speaks far too much sense for most people on this planet. I've got to go and hear this man preach!

Remind me never to invite Russians or Indians over to a Halloween costume party!

(that was the most fun typo you've made to read in some time, man #;-}>)

When they declare wart on me, I shall point out it was only a birth mark and shall take all of their cities in compensation for their rudeness.

Awww shucks...

Unless Wylo = Barry Bonds, that's not the answer all the blamlist fans wanted to hear. ;_;

Yeah, Wylo's head is the size of his computer screen...

Such things are as rare as unassisted triple plays.

I feel that Afro_Stud is after the rare triple play of ranked 1, 1 and 1 for Saves; Blams and B/P

"Them"
... but... no, dude, what was that a reference to, is what I meant. #;-}>

Haven't you ever listened to Michael Jackson? Even when he was still popular / talented / sane?

At 7/12/08 09:27 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Pfft. Keep telling yourself (and Dukey) that. But you know you're gonna have some gleeful funs, even if for just a minute or two, as you pass him by. #;-}>

It's the same joy for me as pulling out a crisp from a packet and thinking "Wow, that's almost as big as my mouth, can I manage to get it in my mouth without breaking it?"

Your b/p life on NG is just like the game of Fishy, then.

Quite so. The metaphor was created for just such a purpose.

.... :::rubs eyes:::

... :::looks at clock:::

... :::looks at calendar:::

Is it just me, or did this thread just experience a huge whiplash-inducing motherfuckloadful of deja vu there for a second?

SMC. YO. YEAH, YOU.

Interesting beat down from teh gfox :)

Sure, but.... blams are so much harder to get unless you camp on the portal, right? I mean, I take the blams I can get on gfoxclock, but... he never gets more than 2-6 in a day when I'm looking out for him, and usually just 1 or 2 if I'm voting on more than 20 saves for gfoxcook that day.

Portalguard really helps with this one ;)

Yeah, maybe Portal Guard. I've never used it, and I don't think it's really needed for save-getting, unless you REALLY HAVE TO HAVE EVERY LAST ONE.... but it would probably really increase your blam take, NEVR.

With the Blams, if something is obviously going to be Blammed, it will get hit by pretty much everyone, so you need to get in quick. PortalGuard really does allow you to get there before most of the remaining competition.

At 7/17/08 03:37 PM, Toohot100 wrote: Toocool100 posted here, so why not post with Toohot100? ;)

Aside from the messing up of your and gfox's quote line, I can't really see the issue ;)

At 7/12/08 09:24 AM, Coop83 wrote: Happy Birthday, Bahamut!
W00t, thanks!

I can't do any special flash presentations, but I can make a swanky update, so long as your birthday falls on a Saturday :P

So you DO want to pass me. Well, if you do, that's fine with me, even though it'll take a long time to get there.

I specialise in Tortoise style ;) Don't forget about that sleeping hare underneath his tree :P

Get a better connection?

Waiting for parents to get back and make a few phone calls. I can't be having with that, when I've got a decent connection I can mooch off of while I'm at my girlfriend's

If only this alt had that many blams. :P

If only his account had that many of anything :P

At 7/17/08 10:33 AM, Toocool100 wrote: It seems as though almost everyone has more saves than blams now.
My main and this alt, however, have more blams than saves. :D

There are still some out there, but they are of a dwindling minority, I'm afraid

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Blammers List 2008-07-21 22:25:29

At 7/17/08 03:37 PM, Toohot100 wrote:
At 7/10/08 05:09 PM, Bahamut wrote: Only 20%? HOLY SHIT!! 0__0 Could you put up a list of your combined CD collection sometime? I mean, your collection must make my collection (THIS IS A FUCKING LINK!!) tiny.
Write up a list. :P

... Okay, let me rephrase... [above sentence] + easily?

Better than nothing, I guess. Please give me that list soon.

Ugh. Wouldn't you rather have the top 2000 exp list from a year ago? I keep forgetting to fish that up for you, sorry. ;_;

01) A Flock Of Seagulls
02) ABBA
03) AC/DC
04) Alice In Chains
05) Amber
A) Amy Winehouse (hers)
B) Beck (hers, but I have a CD of his somewhere, she has it too, though, and has others)
06) Billy Squier
C) Björk (hers)
C) Björk Gümundsdóttir & Trió Gümundar Ingó (my gf doesn't believe in fixing iTunes' fuck-ups on her ripped CDs, this should be in with Bjork)
07) Black Sabbath
D) Bonnie _Prince_ Billy (hers)
08) Bruce Springsteen
09) BT
10) Bush
E) Caribou (hers)
11) Collective Soul
12/F) Compilations (mostly my soundtracks, some stuff of hers)
13) Cream
14) Curve
15) David Bowie
G) Dead Can Dance (hers)
16) Depeche Mode
17) Derek & The Dominos
18) Dio
19) DJ Ferry Corsten (Trance Nation 1, 2, 3, etc.)
20) DragonForce
21) Duran Duran
22) Eddie Money
H) Elbow (hers)
23) Enigma
24) Eric Clapton
I) Frank Black & The Catholics (hers)
25) Franz Ferdinand
J) Gillian Welch (hers)
K) Gnarls Barkley (hers)
26) Green Day
L) Gym Class Heroes (hers)
27) Heart
28) Hybrid
29) Iron Maiden
30) Jethro Tull
31) Jimi Hendrix
M) Joanna Newsom (hers)
32) Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros
33) Journey
34) Judas Priest
35) Kasabian
36) Lacuna Coil
37) Led Zeppelin
N) Leonard Cohen (hers)
38) Live
O) M.I.A. (hers)
39) Matthew Sweet (mine, but she's actually a much bigger fan and has more albums, just none ripped yet)
P) Mindy Smith (hers)
40) Muse
Q) Neutral Milk Hotel (hers)
41) New Order
R) Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (hers, her fave band, prolly)
42) Oasis
43) Orbital
44) Ozzy Osbourne
S) Palace Music (hers)
45) Passengers
46) Pearl Jam
47) Phil Collins
48) Pink Floyd
49) Portishead
T) Pulp (hers)
50) Queen
51) Queensryche
52) R.E.M.
53) Radiohead
54) Robert Miles
55) Rush
56) Sarah McLachlan
57) Sasha
U) Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings (hers)
V) Shiny Toy Guns (hers)
58) Simple Minds
59) Smashing Pumpkins
60) Soundgarden
61) Steve Miller Band
62) Stone Temple Pilots
W) Sufjan Stevens (hers)
63) Supertramp
X) Talib Kweli (hers...)
X) Talib Kweli Feat. Common & Anthony Hamil (...
X) Talib Kweli Feat. Faith Evans (...
X) Talib Kweli Feat. John Legend (...
X) Talib Kweli Feat. Mary J. Blige (...
X) Talib Kweli Feat. Res (... still more evidence of her never fixing her CDs in iTunes... egad, this is a mess up)
64) Talk Talk
65) Tears For Fears
66) Temple Of The Dog
67) The Cranberries
68) The Crystal Method
69) The Darkness
70) The Decemberists
71) The Gathering
72) The Killers
73) The Psychedelic Furs
74) The Rolling Stones
75) The Smiths
76) The Sundays
77) The Who (wow... she doesn't have anything with a "The" in front of it... weird... well, she probably does, she just hasn't ripped it yet)
Y) Tool (hers, though I have Aenima somewhere, she's got like 3 CDs of theirs)
78) Tori Amos
79) Toto
Z) TV On The Radio (hers... Wolf Like Me is a bad ass song, though. Love it)
80) U2
81) Underworld
82) Wolfmother

82 artists so far for me... 26 for her (total coincidence that it was perfectly all the letters, I just started using the letters so hers'd stand out from mine... O_o)... 108 total artists.

Songs in iTunes = 2960 or so, just shy of 3k. 9+ days of music, many many many gigs.

So there you have it. In its own post due to LARGNESS.

BBS Signature