00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cementtt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews

2,241,586 Views | 44,845 Replies

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-27 21:18:38

Oh well i can try and if i dont atleast im cleaning the site alot.....

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-27 21:27:01

At 7/27/03 09:18 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Oh well i can try and if i dont atleast im cleaning the site alot.....

yep, yep. it's all good.

keep in mind, also, that blowing the whistle on stolen flash is more effective at raising your whistle level than marking reviews as abusive is.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-27 21:28:25

True but ive seen no rule breaking stuff in the last few days ive been back.....

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-27 21:34:02

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=10578
one or two bad on the first page and look on page 6 one of the reveiws is racist to jewish people....

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-27 21:56:51

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=110930
one of the reveiws on the last page is not very nice.....

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-28 00:02:32

At 7/27/03 09:18 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I wouldn't count on it. I did quite a lot of review marking even after I got the silver whistle, and I never made gold. It all depends on how much work the current deity and golds are putting in at the moment.

No kidding? I had the gold for about 30 minutes! Haha! I notice the deity whistle has been passed around a few times.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-28 00:05:37

At 7/28/03 12:02 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote: No kidding? I had the gold for about 30 minutes! Haha! I notice the deity whistle has been passed around a few times.

Yeah.. that was like, at the beginning of the system, no one really had a huge amount of "review points" (or whatever they are) now since its been around for a while, a few people have a really large amount of points, so it will be hard for other people to get gold.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-28 00:46:51

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-28 00:50:05

At 7/28/03 12:05 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
At 7/28/03 12:02 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote: No kidding? I had the gold for about 30 minutes! Haha! I notice the deity whistle has been passed around a few times.
Yeah.. that was like, at the beginning of the system, no one really had a huge amount of "review points" (or whatever they are) now since its been around for a while, a few people have a really large amount of points, so it will be hard for other people to get gold.

Hey, you and ramagi are review mods right? Sorry if that slipped by me TheJoe324 but I've been kinda busy lately, even my voting has dropped off.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-28 19:02:25

Im currious want can reveiw mods do, and how do you become a reveiw mod this whole differnet mod style is new to me can someone explain it to me please....

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-28 21:10:51

Allota bad reveiws for buttplug....
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=8225

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-28 21:43:22

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-29 00:42:02

At 7/28/03 07:02 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Im currious want can reveiw mods do, and how do you become a reveiw mod this whole differnet mod style is new to me can someone explain it to me please....

I can do that..I sure I'll see you on MSN or AIM.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-29 00:50:54

I like to make a suggestion, istead of postign link to the movies why not right to the reviews.
buttplug
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=8225
Sonic the Pervert
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=101059
It is easy to do you open the review, then go to your history and get the links. I think it makes the reviews a lot easier to see

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-29 06:37:13

Thats dude at the end was definatly the grand winner....

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-29 15:20:17

At 7/29/03 06:37 AM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Thats dude at the end was definatly the grand winner....

CMM_Vampire? That dude is a waste of skin. There's no excuse for that crap. He shouldn't just have his reviews removed.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-30 10:31:06

At 7/29/03 03:20 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: CMM_Vampire? That dude is a waste of skin. There's no excuse for that crap. He shouldn't just have his reviews removed.

Yea he got his accont removed from the site.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-30 19:17:32

I know you said link to the reveiw but this one has too many i think page 12 it is made of all bad reveiws i better get gold for this!

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-30 19:22:08

Sorry bout my double posts but im acting fucky tonight.....
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=24869

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-31 21:27:10

alotta bad reveiws on this game on all different pages:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/readreview.php3?id=104710&page=1

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-31 23:57:14

At 7/30/03 07:17 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: I know you said link to the reveiw but this one has too many i think page 12 it is made of all bad reveiws i better get gold for this!

Well the goodnews is your helping keep the bad reviews off NG.
The Badnews is due to your being away when the whistle stuff came out you missed out on a ton of points. You have to hope you can mark more than Newgroundling. I only say that cause I recently took the deity away from TheJoe.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-07-31 23:58:05

At 7/30/03 07:17 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: I know you said link to the reveiw but this one has too many i think page 12 it is made of all bad reveiws i better get gold for this!

I don't think you understand how many reviews/movies we have marked to get our gold whistles (and ramagi her Deity.) Also the whistle levels are based on the amount that the Deity has. A few pages of reviews are not going to get you a gold whistle, you'd have to mark a few hundred pages of reviews to catch up to ramagi/newgrundling/me. Especially since you just got back, which means we all already had an enormous lead on you and there are many other people that are closer to gold than you right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-01 10:32:05

At 7/29/03 12:50 AM, ramagi wrote: I like to make a suggestion, istead of postign link to the movies why not right to the reviews.

That's a good idea. I'm pretty sure, though, BTW, that NGling was pasting only review links or author's reviews links, and not links to the movie pages way back a few pages ago.

It is easy to do you open the review, then go to your history and get the links. I think it makes the reviews a lot easier to see

There are two easier ways to get the URL of the review page or a user's reviews page in IE. Probably a similar workaround in Netscape, but I haven't used it in years. Either:

A) press F11, it'll go to fullscreen, and you can copy the URL.

or

B) right click inside the window, select "open frame in new window" (or type 'n' to do it quicker), and then copy the URL from the new fullsized window that opens.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-01 10:54:55

At 8/1/03 10:32 AM, gfoxcook wrote: There are two easier ways to get the URL of the review page or a user's reviews page in IE. Probably a similar workaround in Netscape, but I haven't used it in years. Either:

I right click and go to properties, then copy the address from there, very easy.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-01 13:44:02

At 8/1/03 10:54 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
At 8/1/03 10:32 AM, gfoxcook wrote: There are two easier ways to get the URL of the review page or a user's reviews page in IE. Probably a similar workaround in Netscape, but I haven't used it in years. Either:
I right click and go to properties, then copy the address from there, very easy.

I dislike dealing with the URL in properties, and avoid it as much as possible. I only do that for images. And I suppose there's probably an "open image in a new window" command, so I probably don't even need to do that...

... no, there isn't. Good, I haven't been doing it pointlessly.

Anyway, the only reason I didn't mention that, and the reason I don't like doing it, is that A) the URL/address bar is so much easier to highlight things in and press ctrl-C and have your copied text superfast, as you can just click in the large white space to the right of the URL and get an instant full highlight.

In properties, you have to either click and drag over the whole URL (and sometimes miss getting the whole thing), or double click on "newgrounds", it'll highlight, then double click again to highlight the entire URL, and finally ctrl C, and have to close the properties.

I mean, hell, that almost takes as long to do as typing this post did! #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-01 19:54:19

At 7/31/03 11:58 PM, TheJoe324 wrote:

:The whistle levels are based on the amount that the Deity has. A few pages of reviews are not going to get you a gold whistle, you'd have to mark a few hundred pages of reviews to catch up to ramagi/newgrundling/me. Especially since you just got back, which means we all already had an enormous lead on you and there are many other people that are closer to gold than you right now.

Thanks for telling me that, its spawned my new demand to NG,
A WHISTLE RANK LIST!

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-02 04:52:01

At 8/1/03 07:54 PM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Thanks for telling me that, its spawned my new demand to NG,
A WHISTLE RANK LIST!

'twould be nifty.

But niftier still would be an official voting power top 50 or top 100.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-02 04:57:21

At 8/2/03 04:52 AM, gfoxcook wrote: But niftier still would be an official voting power top 50 or top 100.

Yes, that would be much better, especially since whistle levels change so dramatically... and since they don't display "Whistle Point" counts, it would be hard to tell who is what. Basically, it would be 1 Deity (either me or ramagi, since it seems to switch back and forth between us almost daily) 2 golds (Newgrundling and either me or ramagi) and then 47 silvers... not much of a list there.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-02 05:19:50

At 8/2/03 04:57 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
At 8/2/03 04:52 AM, gfoxcook wrote: But niftier still would be an official voting power top 50 or top 100.
Yes, that would be much better, especially since whistle levels change so dramatically... and since they don't display "Whistle Point" counts, it would be hard to tell who is what. Basically, it would be 1 Deity (either me or ramagi, since it seems to switch back and forth between us almost daily) 2 golds (Newgrundling and either me or ramagi) and then 47 silvers... not much of a list there.

Yeah. Real dramatic. #;-}>

The only thing I really want to know about the whistle system and don't know is this:

how much greater of an effect does actual successful whistle blowing on portal entries have on whistle "points" than just marking one abusive review successfully.

Personally, I mark a lot more reviews than I blow whistles. And that's probably why I'm silver and have never been gold. I did get two submissions put away yesterday, though, with the help of other mysterious portal watchers... I'm confident that will help a little, at least.

But those two whistles... will they help as much as 20 abusive reviews? 100? 500?

An approximate ratio would be useful. Because if one whistle blow helps as much as 1000 abusive review markings, then I'm not going to go out of my way to mark abusive reviews anymore. #;-}>

BBS Signature