00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bladerolsh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews

2,249,686 Views | 44,842 Replies

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-16 14:54:47

Thx to anyone whos giving these links to the abusive reviews. Its really helpful

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-16 15:51:18

ehm people...

Am I having a problem marking reviews abusive? Once I click the link 'abusive' my browser just opens the page of the reviews for the movie/game.

Is that how its supposed to be?

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-16 16:03:29

At 8/16/03 03:51 PM, eviLudy wrote: ehm people...

Am I having a problem marking reviews abusive? Once I click the link 'abusive' my browser just opens the page of the reviews for the movie/game.

That's what happens when you're marking abusive reviews from one individual - and not the reviews belonging to a particular movie. When you look at the links for the reviews, if it has the word 'user', then the reviews all belong to one NG user.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-16 16:18:53

At 8/16/03 04:03 PM, leeboy105 wrote: That's what happens when you're marking abusive reviews from one individual

Thx That cleared it up 4 me

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-16 16:23:35

At 8/16/03 03:51 PM, eviLudy wrote: ehm people...

As leeboy said, it's what happens when you're on a user's review page.

The reason for it is that all the helpful/nothelpful/abusive review links just open the page of reviews in which the review is found, they don't distinguish between people who were voting on reviews from a user's review list or a specific portal entry's review list.

Just right click and select back, or use the keystroke shortcut for back, or hit back on your keyboard (if you have a back key) to get back to the user's review page.

Alternately, just hold shift while you click abusive, and it'll open the reviews in a new page, which you can then close, so you won't lose your spot.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-16 19:50:46

Thanks for all those abusive I promise to get you guys some soon when I get the time to hunt them....

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-17 12:15:23

Lots Of Lovely Links

I'll update that sometime this week.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-17 14:24:54

Here's a real winner... Yeah.. he has abusive reviews on pa- well, pretty much everywhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-17 18:00:09

At 8/17/03 02:24 PM, TheJoe324 wrote: Here's a real winner... Yeah.. he has abusive reviews on pa- well, pretty much everywhere.

Oh boy, you'd think after so many abusive reviews, he'd come up with something original instead of, well, random gay comments and profanity. To quote, 2/64 found his most recent review useful. That must be a record. Hope he enjoys his account while it lasts :-)

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-17 19:28:01

At 8/17/03 12:15 PM, Sekky wrote: Lots Of Lovely Links

I'll update that sometime this week.

Yea I think thats wise the first 3 abusive need to go but thats a good start to a website you got going there....

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 05:04:24

Thanks to this topic I finally got myself a lil bit of a whistle level.

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 05:59:17

At 8/17/03 02:24 PM, TheJoe324 wrote: Here's a real winner... Yeah.. he has abusive reviews on pa- well, pretty much everywhere.

hahahaha, he said 'I hope this gets blammed' or words to that effect, referring to Disorderly Segaway.

That's funny.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 06:27:03

Here are 3 bad ones....
Outwar
Outwar
Abusive
Both the outwar ones are by a user called "thethethe" however when I try and search his profile or any BBS posts by him I get no matches can anyone get me his profile?
Thank you

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 07:59:36

At 8/18/03 06:27 AM, the_phantom_spancker wrote: Both the outwar ones are by a user called "thethethe" however when I try and search his profile or any BBS posts by him I get no matches can anyone get me his profile?
Thank you

me be he didn't make a profile a lot of spammer don't make one

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 09:35:56

hey guys! I've invented something you're all gonna love!!!

I'm not going to say anything before you've looked at it, but for reference before I create a help section, if you click OK on the objects 1,3, and 5 in respective order from the top, it will take you to that object and perform the action for you, if you click Ok on 2 and 4, it will take you to this thread.

Have fun!

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 10:33:22

I just took a couple of pages of reviews from Scrotum 1 and used them to test the engine. If others are interested maybe we could make this into a bigger thing.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 10:58:31

uh, excuse me?

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 11:18:46

Here is one i found.........Abusive

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 11:36:04

I mostly don't get to somthing thats abusive... most whistles I blow are on stolen games and look! you guys have found tons of abusive reviews! how do u find all these?

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 13:52:47

Btw, is there any point in marking a review as helpful?

At 8/18/03 11:36 AM, eviLudy wrote: I mostly don't get to somthing thats abusive... most whistles I blow are on stolen games and look! you guys have found tons of abusive reviews! how do u find all these?

The ones I post are mostly from links from other people's posts (on this thread). I just go through all the pages of reviews for whatever flash they link to, and I look through profiles by abusive reviewers, or look at other flashes by the same author, etc. If I see there're a lot of abusive reviews with no marks (0/0), I post the link.
Not sure where other people get theirs though.

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 13:58:53

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 14:13:10

At 8/18/03 01:52 PM, GuineVir wrote: Btw, is there any point in marking a review as helpful?

well i guess it can work like 1 abusive -1 help full = 0 abusive or some thing like that but other than that i can't think of a good point

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 16:00:04

It would be great if you had to be level 9+ to be able to make reviews. Even though there are some people with low levels that want to review, it would stop all the idiots that sign up just to annoy people, sign up with a second account because they are banned, or whatever. How many outwar spammers do you think would actually WAIT over a month just to spam their link? And just to get in about 10 reviews before they're banned.

yothe made his account at 2:33, his first outwar spam review at 2:36, and was banned at 2:38. If he had to wait to get to level 9 to spam, he never would have done it.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 17:15:50

I haven't been in NG for quite a while.
I'm surprised this topic is still alive.
That being said...
I'm still TEH SILVER. :-o
< amazed >

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 18:26:22

Hey Alex where you been?
Remember me?

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-18 23:58:31

At 8/18/03 05:59 AM, Sekky wrote:
hahahaha, he said 'I hope this gets blammed' or words to that effect, referring to Disorderly Segaway.

That's funny.

No kidding. With all the crazy idiots who review flashes that are over a year old with "YEAH, LET'S BLAM THIS SHIT" or somesuch... it's very surprising to me that NO ONE ever seems to come on the BBS and ask "I KEEP VOTING 0 ON THIS MOVIE EVERY DAY, AND IT WON'T GET BLAMMED!!! SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CANT BLAM IT!@>!@?!@?!"

But I'm also thankful, so... just curious. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-19 00:06:50

At 8/18/03 01:52 PM, GuineVir wrote: Btw, is there any point in marking a review as helpful?

Sure there is. A) it helps protect reviews that you think are being unfairly targeted with either unhelpful or abusive marks (since you can't tell the difference).

For example, if you see a review you think is somewhat helpful, but people have marked it 0/2 for some pointless reason, you can quickly mark it helpful to at least make it 1/3.

And more generally, B) it shows appreciation for good reviews. I have tons and tons of helpful review marks, and I'm very happy that people took the time to mark them such, whether it was the authors or other readers.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-19 00:13:41

At 8/19/03 12:06 AM, gfoxcook wrote: A) it helps protect reviews that you think are being unfairly targeted with either unhelpful or abusive marks (since you can't tell the difference).

Drag Racer (1 and 2)

I see many people marking the long spam-like reviews abusive/not helpful, even though they are just the save code used in the game and people want to share the car they made. Thats where I usually vote helpful. People see it, assume its spam, and mark it.

BBS Signature

Response to Rage's gift to you: Abusive reviews 2003-08-19 05:25:22

At 8/19/03 12:13 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
At 8/19/03 12:06 AM, gfoxcook wrote: A) it helps protect reviews that you think are being unfairly targeted with either unhelpful or abusive marks (since you can't tell the difference).
Drag Racer (1 and 2)

I see many people marking the long spam-like reviews abusive/not helpful, even though they are just the save code used in the game and people want to share the car they made. Thats where I usually vote helpful. People see it, assume its spam, and mark it.

Yeah, I actually did that once.
Saw the junk text --> abusive
Then when I scrolled down, and saw MORE junk text, then I suddenly realised what I did.
Then I felt reeeally bad...