00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chineeztac0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HELP!! Flash movies not loading!

17,424 Views | 191 Replies

HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 15:17:44

Howdy

Got me a problem...

Whenever i try to load a vast majority of flash movies or games, they start to load, get a few Kb loaded and then all modem activity ceases completely.. its a pain in the backside cause i cant check out most of the stuff here

I have flash 6, cookies enabled, all active x controls and stuff set to enable, and try at all different times of day (to check that its not server load), and nothing seems to work...NOTHING!!

HELP PLEASE!!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 15:23:56

Nope, i think its a problem on your end....

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 15:34:03

well, i woulda said that, although heres the thing that worries me....

some movies (for example newsgroundillaz 2v2, which is over 3 meg) worked fine...

otherwise i would have come to that conclusion.
while i appreciate your posts, you're telling me what i already suspect, seeing as how i exhausted all the no-brainer options.. i may be a n00b to newgrounds, i'm not stupid :P

that said, do you have any ideas on what it COULD be? instead of just telling me its my comp

(f.y.i. yes i do have a pretty crap pc, but why would high res / big flash movies work, and practically everything else not.... any MODS able to help on this one?)

kthx

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 15:37:07

Try clearing out your 'temporary internet files' folder occasionally, that may help you

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 15:42:04

hehe already way ahead of you, i try clearing out my net folder, then reloading, but alas, no joy there

*kicks IE* fkn POS

ahem....
cheers for the help tho

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 17:53:24

At 6/20/03 03:17 PM, Mephiston_666 wrote: Howdy

Got me a problem...

Whenever i try to load a vast majority of flash movies or games, they start to load, get a few Kb loaded and then all modem activity ceases completely.. its a pain in the backside cause i cant check out most of the stuff here

I have flash 6, cookies enabled, all active x controls and stuff set to enable, and try at all different times of day (to check that its not server load), and nothing seems to work...NOTHING!!

i got me the same prob and refering to a later post of urs newgroundzillaz2 v2 works perfectly for me too

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 19:23:11

solution - ditch pos dialup

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 19:53:52

If after a while, clearing out your temporary internet files using disk cleanup or the internet options, follow these steps:

If you have Internet Explorer:
1) Click on "Tools."
2) In the "Tools" menu, click on the bottom option, "Internet Options...."
3) In the newly opened window, click on the far right tab that reads, "Advanced."
4) In "Advanced," scroll down to the selections under "Security."
5) Make sure that the check box next to "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" is checked. If it is not checked, then click on the check box.
6) Click Apply.
7) Click OK.

From then on, whenever you need to empty your temporary internet files, all you need to do is close your broswer. Then, just open another browser to continue surfing the internet. Hope this helps.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 19:55:59

Anyone have any problems loading movies, for me its been yesterday and today, it loads about half way then just doesnt load anymore, i have tried big file movies aswell as the smallest i could find seem to still have loading problems, maybe its friday or somthing or more people on due to the new feature, well hope it gets better soon, its kinda bugging me...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 20:04:32

It happens to me to with the half load and then it stops, i usually just delete the temp internet files and wait till the next day. And sometimes it says i dont have flash 6 when i do, i dunno why.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 20:04:38

At 6/20/03 07:55 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Anyone have any problems loading movies...

Look at the posts above to help get more information and help.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 20:26:03

well dont know if it was that cause i cleard the files and restarted my computer a couple of times and seems to still do the same thing, i guess ill just check on it later as it may work at a later time as this may be just lag or somthing... but who knows anyways...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 20:31:39

Yeah, I've been having the same probs. Movies stop loading halfway though. A new problem popping up is that the voting bar won't load. I've been emptying Temp files like mad and restarted several times. I've got a good computer, so I can't really understand the problem.

I must lollerskate on this matter.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 20:44:58

At 6/20/03 08:31 PM, darkmage8 wrote: Yeah, I've been having the same probs. Movies stop loading halfway though. A new problem popping up is that the voting bar won't load. I've been emptying Temp files like mad and restarted several times. I've got a good computer, so I can't really understand the problem.

Hehe i myself might just wait untill tonight to start watching movies, but it is bugging me heheh...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-20 20:53:52

At 6/20/03 08:31 PM, darkmage8 wrote: A new problem popping up is that the voting bar won't load.

Sometimes you just have to let it load, but it didn't load for me one time no long how I waited. i just screwed aroiund with my computer settings....restarted it...and it worked. I can't remember what i did though.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-21 12:51:57

righto.. first things first

lee, you really really need to read the entire topic before u post mate, if you had you woulda seen that i already cleaned out my temp dir..

i may be a newsground noob but i'm not stupid

secondly, whichever one of u said ditch dialup...
no
just... no

unlike alot of people who use the internet i have to PAY for my net connection with money that i earn, i dont have parents or whatever to pay for that for me, and with broadband buggy / expensive in AUS, you can bet your arse i wont be getting it any time soon. Better computer comes first dude.

The whole point of my post was to ask mods / ppl who run this site if they had any ideas, and i also tried to do exhaust all possible options before coming here seeing as how some people cant think that far ahead.

While i appreciate the help / responses given, its just more of the same crap over and over and yes while my pc is a piece of shit, it seems to be able to handle flash from practically ANY other site which led me to believe it was newgrounds itsself, not my comp

hopefully this can all be resolved and we can go back to watching all the cool shit on this site

Cheers

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-21 16:08:51

i am having troubles too i thought it was just the new browser i downloaded though.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-21 18:03:49

you guys might as well ditch your crappy modem and get dsl! i have no problems loading, i get a movie loaded every now and then (even peak hours) but it will give me up to 21kb a sec to download. and in offpeak, 72-85kb a sec. and heck i don't even need to clear my temp files. well i would try off-peak hours which is 7:00 p.m - 8:00 a.m PST in my area. good luck!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-21 20:17:21

Unfortunately, it does seem that everyone that's been having problems with loading movies does have 56k. And a good point was brought up that I recently just discovered last night as well: all other flash related sites have absolutely no problems with loading flash movies or other related material. Which brought me to believe also that the problem doesn't lie with my computer. On another bad note, the problem continues to carry on today as well (it's been three days) and I'm just not getting any flash movies loaded...at all. I can't even get 300k movies loaded, that's just sad. But seriously, people that are saying "ditch dialup" gimme a break. Do you really think narrowband users love the slow connection? Honestly, if we had the means to "ditch dialup", we'd have done so a long time ago. I've never had problems with dl movies on NG with narrowband before, so my question is why now? I really hope the problem get's fixed or at least addressed soon :\

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-21 20:32:29

I have to say one one hand I hate that no movies under about 50kb load, but I'm also glad I'm not the only one. I do have AOL dialup, and I got used to waiting 15-25 mins for the average 750kb Flash. But it sucks even more when you can't see anything at all. My thought is that maybe newgrounds has so many broadband members that the narrowband members are starting to get cut out. Seeing as newgrounds already has a ton of its own bandwidth, it probably won't be increased a noticable amount. I'm starting to think that inevitably the dialup people are going to be "forced out the door," so to speak. Either we find an alternative to dial up, or we may not be able to do anything on newgrounds.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-21 21:12:36

I downloaded an update and things have been better so far

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 00:00:38

please!!!! fix the problem already.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 02:50:14

At 6/21/03 09:12 PM, Testerline wrote: I downloaded an update and things have been better so far

I'm going on day 4 of the same thing, what update are you talking about???? I really hope the issue gets fixed, I may be a dial-up user, but I've put a decent amount of help and info in for other NG users; I'm semi-useful, dammit! Naw, but seriously, you have any more info on this update?

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 04:27:11

Right now i cant view any movies either because they dont load. This happens to me sometimes and usually i just rebute my comp and everything is fine after that, im just to lazy to do it right now. Also i clean out my temp files on a regular basis, that may or may not have something to do with it.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 06:29:37

I agree with most said in this topic. I am 56k and for 2 days now i havent been able 2 get onto and movies. not even the 99k 1. the preloaders are laoding but noe the movies. I'm going insiane. I have tried everything suggested so many times!!! someone please help me. :( (superman)

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 06:32:17

Well its about day 3 for me , and i think its time to reboot my pc, well it does need a re-boot of it anyways, so im sure it will be abit faster cleaner and slightly smoother after this well im almost done just need to upload a few more programs and ill see if that has fixed my movie problem, would love to see what any staff has to say about this problem that doesnt seem to be the files or our 56k cause other sites work fine, well ill let ya all know soon how the computer runs...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 06:35:20

yeah...my movies also won't load and it can't be something in our cpu's cause there to much ppl complaining about this! maybe some of ng staff or the admins. should check it out... cause i think it's something with the servers... cause it can't be that like 10 ppl have the same prob on the same time!

Note: there already is a topic about this called "strange..."

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 06:45:53

Going on previous posts and the troubles im having as well, i would have to say this is a NewGround problem which started 3~5days ago(can't remember when it first happened :P ).
Yes im on 56k as well but still...
I can't watch anything but the preloaders and its getting really annoying.........

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 06:51:15

At 6/22/03 06:35 AM, Russian_Mobster wrote: yeah...my movies also won't load and it can't be something in our cpu's cause there to much ppl complaining about this! maybe some of ng staff or the admins. should check it out... cause i think it's something with the servers... cause it can't be that like 10 ppl have the same prob on the same time!

Note: there already is a topic about this called "strange..."

Yes there is another topic on this, i started it cause i thought it was only be abd stupid AOL. the newground heads should really look into this one.

BTW How many of you that are having these problems are on a dial up connection? and how many are on cable or DSL?

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-22 07:08:55

yeah this time it is seriously newgrounds not my pc as my pc is new. I think it may be a problem only with 56k but still newgrounds. any help or if anyone solves it then thx.