00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HELP!! Flash movies not loading!

17,368 Views | 191 Replies

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 02:53:03

So its for sure only affecting 56k users. How many users here are truly on dial up? I am.... are thier ANY dial up users that can watch movies fine? This all started to happen when the front page was changed, the whistle thingy was added and i stopped being a civilian (lol)

Arent any of the newgrounds higher ups checking the boards?!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 02:56:56

At 6/23/03 03:45 PM, ibanezslash wrote: what the hell is going on?! I am having the exact same problems as you guys, i have flash 6 a cable internet connection, yet still movies only load half way

Your the first person without Dial up to have this problem. Ok.... we need to do something, none of the newgrounds higher ups are paying attention to this.... so HOW do we let them know?!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 03:43:44

At 6/24/03 02:56 AM, Mr_Silver wrote:
At 6/23/03 03:45 PM, ibanezslash wrote: what the hell is going on?! I am having the exact same problems as you guys, i have flash 6 a cable internet connection, yet still movies only load half way
Your the first person without Dial up to have this problem. Ok.... we need to do something, none of the newgrounds higher ups are paying attention to this.... so HOW do we let them know?!

No kidding, a week+ and no attention has been called to it. All I ask is that somebody at least ADDRESS it. Even a simple post on the front page of "56k not working, give us some time" would be better than nothing; I'm not demanding an immedaite fix. I know of no 56k user that's been able to load movies correctly either; as far as I know.

HELP!! Flash movies not loading!

I must lollerskate on this matter.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 03:47:53

Well from what i understand wade did respnd back to me letting me know that it was beeing looked into...
so atleast somthing is beeing done and we are not left in all darkness, so i guess you could say like we are locked in the titanics basement floor but we are searching for holes, while the rich party the night away, we will dig out thease holes, heheh anyways there is hope yet...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 05:15:49

Hope! I love hope! Now I don't have to sit in the corner of my room in fetal position rocking back and forth and crying!

<@:o)

(Aww, come on. I'm not that crazy)

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 12:28:10

At 6/24/03 03:47 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: mooooooooooooo

Just wanted to say mr Colt, since I can't respond to reviews on the audio portal, thanks for reviewing my stuff on there. It's good to know that people appreciate it. All my stuff on there is from old albums but I'm gonna have a play with Fruity Loops soon and see what I can come up with. Might dig out the guitar and record some new instrumental stuff too.

As to the problem with loading: I have cable in UK, and I don't generally have a problem. Sometimes I do, but it's usually a problem either with NG or with my temp internet files. I have a program called WinBrush, which clears out a load of temp shit (not just temp internet files), and it often runs/loads better after I run that. I'm not saying this'll fix the problem for dial-up users, but it's worth a try, unfortunately WinBrush ain't free unless you know THE WAY, but there are other progs that do the same sort of thing.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 15:26:38

i feel better now that i know something is being done about it as this is terrible!! :(

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 19:19:26

At 6/24/03 12:28 PM, Denvish wrote:

:: Just wanted to say mr Colt, since I can't respond to reviews on the audio portal, thanks for reviewing my stuff on there. It's good to know that people appreciate it. All my stuff on there is from old albums but I'm gonna have a play with Fruity Loops soon and see what I can come up with. Might dig out the guitar and record some new instrumental stuff too.

heh yeah the audio portal is still new and im sure it will get its features soon, its new for me cause reviewing a audio is so much harder then a flash movie, so i try and think what the song/loop could be used in, and i also look for the clearness...

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 19:19:48

At 6/23/03 03:52 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hey all i feel for ya, so any advice i could give would be, to all that have the problem e-mail lilljim cause this topic has been out for about 4 going on five days, and it is amazing that liljim has not come in here and give some input.

I've replied to a few topics like this one. That's the problem with this sort of thing - everyone's more interested in posting their own message than reading up on other posts. After having quickly scanned through the general list, there's a number of other topics that (without having looked) probably relate to this problem.

I'm guessing that all users having this problem are dialup (56K modem or less) users. It would help if you all posted your setups just to confirm this. The problem's been forwarded on to the network admin by both Wade and I and he's been looking into it for a while. To help us help you, please note:

1. Your connection (cable/DSL/dialup and what speed).
2. Operating system.
3. The internet browser you're using (Microsoft Internet Explorer/Netscape (Mozilla)/Opera/Konqueror etc).
4. The name of your ISP.
5. Your location in the world (Country/state or county).

Thanks!

If any mods are reading this, please close any similar topics to this one after posting a pointer to this topic. I'll do my best to get through some of them on the main listing now.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 19:33:57

At 6/24/03 07:19 PM, liljim wrote: I'm guessing that all users having this problem are dialup (56K modem or less) users. It would help if you all posted your setups just to confirm this. The problem's been forwarded on to the network admin by both Wade and I and he's been looking into it for a while. To help us help you, please note:

2. Operating system.
3. The internet browser you're using (Microsoft Internet Explorer/Netscape (Mozilla)/Opera/Konqueror etc).
4. The name of your ISP.

Here is my info if it helps
1)My connection 56k not sure of the speed
2)Widows 98
3)Internet explorer (latest ver)
4)AtnT
5)Orange county, California USA....... you know disneyland....

I hope that will help, also note that i did do a full reboot of my computer and downloaded the latest ver of all the programs need to get back online and such, i have been able to watch some movies but only very very low file size, i also moticed if i watch a movie as soon as it comes out onto the portal i have a better chance and it loading for me, but with all that i still have problems on 97% of the movies i try and watch...

Well hope that helps...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 19:34:32

I am yet another person plagued by this problem, I had a feeling it wasn't my temp's or computer when it failed to load at any of my friend of family's houses, all 56k. Can't even watch 99k, but other flash sites work fine. I feel sorry for some of the artists also, because i've noticed some 0's being given because they think the artist's flash is buggy, but it's really newgrounds problem, sigh.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 19:40:08

Awesome, some progress being made, and also a good idea for everyone to post their setups, even though it's beyond obvious its not a system problem for the majority of us, their are probably some morons still unconvinced at this point.

1. 56k
2. Windows Xp Pro
3. Internet Explorer (6.0.2600.0000.xpclient.010817-1148)
4. Netzero Platinum
5. South Bend, Indiana
+ 1.2 ghz athlon 512 ddr ram 64mb ddr radeon etc.

lets support this thread as best we can!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 19:41:13

To help us help you, please note:

2. Operating system.
4. The name of your ISP.

1. 56k modem

2.Windows 98

3. Internet Explorer

4. AT&T

5. Pekin, Illinois, USA

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 20:03:35

At 6/24/03 07:42 PM, rikishi61891 wrote: Mabye its that your comp sucks ass

newgrounds is a fine site, but it's also creating a horde of irresponsible fat dumb asshole kids, or at least assembling them all in one place. Damn i wish i could kick some ass for real, this'd be the perfect place to do it hehe

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 20:23:01

here ya go

1. 56k USR Hardware Modem
2. Windows XP Pro
3. Internet Explorer 6.0 (Also tried Opera, most recent version...)
4. Internet Connect c/o Look Communications
5. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 20:48:04

It's much more difficult to vote or review if the movies don't load all the way. DAMN THIS SUCKS! daaaah... I definetly want cable now!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 21:59:04

there has to be more people having problems like this? i guess they don't come to the boards...

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 22:22:21

1. 56k (115200 bps)
2. Operating system.
3. Internet Explorer 6
4. AOL (for now, soon another dial up provider)
5. Toronto, Ont Canada

THANK YOU for looking into this Finally!

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 22:26:11

At 6/24/03 10:22 PM, Mr_Silver wrote:

*shudders* this guy has the same name as my old moral/sex ed teacher i had for the first 3 years of highschool. bad memories..ahh!

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 23:20:07

knew I forgot something, stat block follows
dial up 56K
windows XP
Opera 6.05
Earthlink
USA:ohio
celleron 1.2Ghz
256M ram

btw, to rikishi61891 no, it's not 'that our comp sucks ass'
try reading the full thread before you make a fool of your self next time. you'll find it does not happen as often

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-24 23:59:21

Rikishi is such a damned nOOb. Either that or he's just a complete idiot. I've read a few of his other posts; he just makes a complete fool of himself.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 00:09:28

2. Operating system.
4. The name of your ISP.

1) 56K dialup that really connects about 46K
2) Windows 98se
3) IE5.5
4) AOL (yeah, I know it's crap)
5) New Jersey, USA

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 00:36:32

1: DSL
2: Windows 98
3: IE5
4: Yahoo SBC
5: South Calif

And yes, I have the problem too. Sometimes the downloads stop in the middle, but more often things just don't load at all.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 00:38:31

At 6/24/03 10:26 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
*shudders* this guy has the same name as my old moral/sex ed teacher i had for the first 3 years of highschool. bad memories..ahh!

Seeing how it was sex ed, I can't help but imagine that he must've done something to you to give you the "bad memories..."

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 00:38:49

Same problem here I didn't think to go to the forum till eariler though, thanks to those who lead me here.
56K dial up
Windows XP
Hp Pavilion 512n
Celeron
Hebron, Indiana, USA

Some help would be nice, I can't live without my NG movies and games. also other sites HAVE been working for me. And perhaps the Admins havent poasted yet but are looking into it, perhaps.

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 00:43:57

At 6/25/03 12:36 AM, HeinousDude wrote: 5: South Calif

And yes, I have the problem too. Sometimes the downloads stop in the middle, but more often things just don't load at all.

Heh cool im not the only so cali here...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 11:24:32

so was anyone able to see Deep Fried, Live! #7 i have been a fan of that cook, but with this loading problem it seems i just can enjoy some of the movies i would like to enjoy, well let me know if it was the best of the series...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 12:15:03

At 6/24/03 10:26 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?! lol

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 12:21:09

At 6/24/03 11:59 PM, Crazy_Drugged_Man wrote: Rikishi is such a damned nOOb. Either that or he's just a complete idiot. I've read a few of his other posts; he just makes a complete fool of himself.

I remember being a noob too.... course i had intelligance. How can you say "its your crappy computer"?? I will admit i dont have the fastest, but i have a decent all around good computer. P3 500 MMX, 128 ram, 12 gighard drive, Voodoo 3 2000 video, A3D sound card, DVD and CD-rw roms and win 98se (still prefer it over XP myself)

Response to HELP!! Flash movies not loading! 2003-06-25 12:53:53

I have been having this loading problem for about 6 months now.
My Computer is not top of the range, but it still does the job. Its got an AMDK6 450mhz processor, 288mb sdram, ATI Radeon 32mb SDR and Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1....
It must be the new servers, ''cos before they were put up, everything was fine. And also, other flash sites load the same (sfdt.com stickdeath.com flashkit.com etc.
Please Help, ANYONE!?!?!?!

PS: I'm on a Tiscali Anytime Connection