00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post-Redesign Notes

38,408 Views | 391 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 15:45:22

At 7/18/07 03:14 PM, TheRadicalOne wrote: Now i'll no longer wonder if i have a new PM Thanks tom!

And the new picture sizes just kick too much ass, I can't really find anything wrong with NG thjat you guys arn't already taking care of.

On second thought an edit would be nice...

and I wish that you would get a message or something when you blam or save an under judgement flash, so you know what happens to it and if you get the point or not.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 15:47:43

I like the new audio portal stuff a lot. But the only thing I think you should add because it would just be awesome is a newgrounds instant messaging service =)

Omg hai!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 16:05:27

How badass is the Level 60 Icon?

"Screw auras! I could eat this entire planet if I wanted!!"

Post-Redesign Notes

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 16:05:32

I love the new way of reviewing and watching submissions embedded into the page. The layout is fucking beautiful but my favorite must be the user pages. Journals, etc. Just plain godly.

EVERYBODY! I beg of you, if you have a Facebook profile CLICK this LINK and press the red button that says 'stem'. Help me create television HISTORY, it takes 30 seconds!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 16:22:01

The feel of the forums........its incredible how you guys managed to completely revamp newgrounds and yet make it still feel like the old first few years of newgrounds.

The nostalgia is great

Denver Nuggets 07/08 NBA champions baby!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 16:28:19

Out of all the new advantages and additions you brought to the Newgrounds Website, I'd have to say my favorite page of the redesign are the user pages. Simply because it makes me feel like I have control over a little part of the website, it makes me feel like I can express my opinions and show updates on upcoming projects, to some friends of mine, without notifying them differently. I love how you can customize the pages as well, that's a big plus. :) Good job on that one Tom. *high fives!*

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 17:10:59

Well, for the most part things are good. However, I can't stand the new AJAX text editors, as they're slow, choppy, unreliable, and are causing me extreme anger. I just reviewed a film poorly AND accidentally gave it a 0/10 (written review thankfully). Also, it probably took me around 5 minutes just to type this up, even though I type at around 70 WPM. This is definitly a problem.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 17:11:03

At 7/18/07 04:45 PM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: Wow, this new design is cool. It's gonna take a while to get used to it though. lmao

damn right!

I hate School, the end

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 17:12:35

Well, My favorite part of it, I think, is the new visualizations in the audio portal, and I don't think I have a least favorite.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 17:34:09

my favorite part is the front page because you have the bytesize flash cartoons by popular artists & because it has the newgrounds theme tune, least favirite thing was that I thought the newgrounds theme tune would run throughout the whole site besides when your playing games or watching movies.

These Are Not The Droids You Are Looking For.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 17:56:55

the new levels and icons are nice, all the new profile add ons, and of course the hobo tribe thats moved into the audio portal.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 17:59:09

My favorite part is that the flash now opens in the same page, and not in a separate window. I also like how the points are deposited on the same page, as well. I haven't run across anything that I dislike yet, though.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 18:02:07

hei
i liked what you did with newgrounds it looks much better now and i love the fact that games and toons are now seperated at the start site. also the now look is realy great. good job everybody
the only thing i disslike is that it loads slower now maybe its just my computer or its that server bugs you talked about if its that i hope you guys fix it soon.

sincerely

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 18:38:42

At 7/18/07 08:17 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also, now that everyone has had a chance to look around, tell us what your FAVORITE part of the redesign is. And as much as I hate to invite bad news, tell us what your LEAST FAVORITE part is, too... Unless you just LOVE IT ALL, which is fine by me. :)

My Favorite Part? Well, it's hard to tell. I didn't like the changes at first, but now after some time I think the new NG as a very great potential. So, the redising is my favorite part ;)

But I dislike, that I can't view my profile via the "My Account"-Button anymore. Either I have to click the "Profile"-Link on one of my posts or I have to type in my userpage manually. But after all, that's just the lazy me and not that much of a problem.
I really miss the "Back to Portal Front Page" and "Jump to random submission" links after voting on a submission, though ("Back to last submission" doesn't make sense any more, as no new page loads after voting ;) ).

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 19:35:26

My favorite part is the over the top exaggerated pictures of the admins.

I mean, come on, Wade has like a six pack.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 19:48:27

Awsome Tom, can't wait fopr the site to be all ready, and at it's top potential, it's going to be nice, i have been getting used to the new design, expecialy after yesterday, because i hadn't realized that there was over 700 people oin the forums, and i can't even imagine on the site all-together. but i have gotten used to it, and i'm cool with it.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 20:00:35

The bytesize player or w/e on the front page is by far the coolest thing. it gives newgrounds a very cool media feel to it which is nice. I also think that the new user pages are awesome esp. because they arent just little windows they're actually a real page in ng. Also the ng staff character select really tops off the redesign that thing is hilarious+well done.

The only things i dont like are a little page lagg and some unfinished links like the link that lets you see your reviews w/ responses etc. But those things will probly be fixed in no time.

klone1

KLONE_____________________________S .F.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 20:03:57

Teh Nerd's myspace.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 20:14:04

My favorite part is that when you view a users list of portal submissions, it automatically sorts them by year. This is so damn helpful, especially if that user has a ton of movies

Second favorite thing is being able to add a banner to your userpage

Site looks great Tom, keep up the good work!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 20:51:08

My favourite part the fact I went up 10 levels, while the level nines went back to level 8, with the same shitty icon they had. Oh glorious work Tom.

Least favourite: PM bugs. NOT BEING ABLE TO SEND A SINGLE PM IS A PISS OFF.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 21:13:29

undoubtedly the user pages are the best. the parts I don't like are whatever bugs hold ya down

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 21:24:06

I have no complaints thus far. I'm really impressed with the work done here. I would like to note that a lot of users have been reviewing 0/10 on accident because an unselected star is invisible, thus they forget they can give it a review score and end up submitting it 0/10 by accident.

I think that a good way to solve this would be to
1. make the unselected stars grayed out instead of invisible
2. have a review's score set to be null/10 , forcing people to choose a ranking score before they submit their review, instead of the default being set at 0.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 21:35:16

At 7/18/07 09:24 PM, rtil wrote: I have no complaints thus far. I'm really impressed with the work done here. I would like to note that a lot of users have been reviewing 0/10 on accident because an unselected star is invisible, thus they forget they can give it a review score and end up submitting it 0/10 by accident.

I think that a good way to solve this would be to
1. make the unselected stars grayed out instead of invisible
2. have a review's score set to be null/10 , forcing people to choose a ranking score before they submit their review, instead of the default being set at 0.

We meant to get to that today but never did... The plan is to add an empty circle for zero at the far left, then default to nothing and require the user to click SOMETHING before they can submit their review. Thay might get in place tomorrow.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 21:53:58

At 7/18/07 09:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: We meant to get to that today but never did... The plan is to add an empty circle for zero at the far left, then default to nothing and require the user to click SOMETHING before they can submit their review. Thay might get in place tomorrow.

So its 0 X 1-10? and the x is default? ok

If life lets you down, remember you were the fastest sperm to the egg

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 22:13:46

I love the redesign. I was scared for awhile there that when I came back to Newgrounds it would look like Myspace or Youtube, but I glad you guys kept your integrity.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 22:19:41

I just pissed myself with excitement.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 22:25:26

I love the staff page. The game style made me smile. Unfortunately when I got on and had a white screen, I had no idea what was going on. I still have yet to know why I was banned. Must have just been one day.

La dee da da da

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 22:42:29

Whew, this redesign is great.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 22:44:23

Aw jeez, my favorite redesign...So hard to choose. I thought the new leveling system was nice, the overall feel of the site is better, like getting a new toy :D. But, I would have to say the user pages are my favorite. Kind of like having my own little section of newgrounds. Now instead of making a site, I can just update my User Page with information regarding my movies. It also feels a lot more organized.

Least favorite is even harder to choose, since nothing updated bugs me. I actually have to think this one out. Hmm...I like the little flash clips that play at the homepage, but I am unsure if the music on the homepage will be a good idea in the long run, but like I said, I am unsure. Maybe it would work better in the portal, which is kinda like a lobby where you have to select a flash you are interested in. Lobbies usually have music in the background.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 22:54:34

I love the new icons and being level 20 makes me feel good. Too bad it's probably impossible to get the final level. I also love the new userpage. and the flash portal looks great. Good job guys.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature