00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Post-Redesign Notes

38,298 Views | 391 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:00:45

I love all of it.

The background, the colour scheme, the tankmen, the Bytesize player, the awesome smilies, the buttons, the level icons, the icons, banners, profile pictures, etc.
It looks fantastic, and the new features are a really nice touch.

My only complaint is the overly complicated way of uploading Banners/sigs/icons/profile pics, because I CAN'T DO IT. Why can't it just be a simple uploading method like the last way?
It may just be my PC, but it is very irritating not being able to customise anything now.

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:01:25

thanks for the update Tom.
BTW... under rankings... you cannot sort ng users by most saves, blames etc...

*just helping pointing out probleams...

good luck

NOTE: PSN Illegal-Product or ILLEGALPRODUCT

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:02:40

The Bytesize feature is completely new to me, so that would probably be my favorite part of the redesign. It's almost like walking into a brand-new skyscraper with an expansive lobby featuring a giant-screen TV!... sorta. The new smiley feature is also very cute. Although to take away from the genericness of it, they could probably all be Blockhead expressions/characters. Michael Swain would probably appreciate that very much.
As for what I don't like, I'd have to say the the default movie view. It makes it more difficult to multitask on Newgrounds. The pop-up option could be a little bigger. Also, I have to say I'm a little hung up about the long loading times between pages. I also can't seem to access my audio submissions from my account menu. I hope you can get these fixed soon.

Listen to my latest audio submission here! Updated 6/18/08

OMG, Wade's a homophobe.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:04:47

I just hope review count is up and working soon. I don't want to review anything and not have it count

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:06:28

Can we set a default option in our profile so we get the Popup instead of the inpage viewing? I like the popup so I can read the reviews while I wait..

??

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:06:58

You can only view the first page of each audio genre.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:09:00

great job with the redesign my fav parts are prob the bytesize player on the front page and the user pages seem cool too although i havent checked out them out fully yet they still seem cool my least fav part is probably the lag but you said eventually that will be fixed so it doesnt matter.

anyway love the new design great job to everyone involved.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:09:24

Okay, best parts - I love all the new AJAX goodies, the fact that it's all CSS/XHTML compliant now (yes, I checked, it's all valid), the new uploader is pretty neat, and I love the new profile pages! Also, it's nice to finally give some prominence to StrawberryClock and other recent characters in the interface.

But still, of course, it's still a bit slow, I hate the fact that we're still being reminded we need a Grounds Gold account in order to post or submit and all that...EVEN THOUGH WE'RE LOGGED IN. Maybe you should just give an agnry faic screen if someone attempts to do something without the proper credentials...

In addition, you know that people ACTUALLY USE the features that you haven't put up yet? In addition, I know what would make the uploader even easier to use, maybe you should add a feature that automatically detects the diemensions of the flash and when uploaded, automatically puts it at the right size? I know it's possible, SheezyArt's uploader can do that (and it's not flash based), and Denvish's uploader can do that, so why not NG?

RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10 RULE 10

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:09:37

It takes a while to figure out but the new audio page was completly worth it, but when you go to your account IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to figre anything out without wasting loads of time plus for some reason im getting pop-ups

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:10:41

At 7/18/07 09:59 AM, Tinkco86 wrote: My least favorite part is that the visualizations don't stay the same when you look at music. I want the Angreh Faic vis, I want it to stay the Angreh Faic vis when I come back.

Click on visualizer, drag "transitions" all the way to off, and you can have fun with your stupid angry fece all day :D

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:10:48

At 7/18/07 10:09 AM, RAYMIEURCUYO wrote: plus for some reason im getting pop-ups

Must be a virus or something, I'm not.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:10:50

Best things I like about the new site:
- The opening boxes when you vote/review/do anything!
- My userpage (shame though... i was going to make my own site... not sure if there is any point in it anymore, considering all that I wanted can be done on my profile now)
- Inbox with [1] or [2] when you receive messages
- The link to my profile at the top of the page (VANITY :D)
- The change from : to a vertical line when quoting on the forum (I like the little things, it really makes the site)

Annoying things:
Detailed Level Page has light/neutral/dark/evil/fab selection where it's not possible, so the script is wrong (I assume you used some sort of "for" statement)

Things I don't like about this site...
Er, going to get some getting used to the flash non popup aspect, but It looks really nice.
Not being able to see any of the easter eggs you mentioned :P
The lack of secrets still in the profile (yes, i'm greedy), now you have 60 levels, you should have more...
But nothing much I don't like.

The site is fantastic, keep busy tweaking it :D

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:11:41

A few of the problems I have been experiancing are as follows:

Unable to re-verify my main account ("Ben") because the verification code I was e-mailed won't work. I can't seem to find any way to resend another one and there is nothing I can do to get back into the account.

I also can't send PM's with this account, which is making it extremely difficult to get in contact with an admin about this problem. Whenever I try to send one it tells me I need to agree to the terms of sending PM's, yet I can't find any way of doing this.

Please help Tom!!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:12:45

I love everything. This is just what bugs me the most:

Post-Redesign Notes

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:13:21

At 7/18/07 10:10 AM, JPI wrote: Detailed Level Page has light/neutral/dark/evil/fab selection where it's not possible, so the script is wrong (I assume you used some sort of "for" statement)

Sorry for the DP, I meant this bit doesn't work on the level 60 because there is no Dark, Fab, Evil, etc.
You could also fix it by uploading level 60 fab/dark etc but as the same picture (eg. level60N.gif).

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:14:23

Knowing Newgrounds the way I do, I knew that the redesign would only take a matter of hours. Take any other site and they may take up to a week just to redesign the site but not Newgrounds. Oh no, Newgrounds always has the people in mind. At first, I was overwhelmed by all the new additions but now that the hype has passed, I actually enjoy all the new features, the extra bells and whistles. With the old design, it would be easy to think why NG would need a staff... With this new design, a staff is necessary in order to maintain a site of such high class.

There are some quirks and I did run across a few errors at first but in the long run, I am sure that these will all be taken care of. No biggie. I am loving the audio portal now, the ability to add audio artists to favorites, and adding songs to favorites as well. Although the ability to vote everyday on songs is a nice idea, zero voters are going to be more rampant than ever but, what can you do? I really like the new profile system and the levels are fantastic and sexy.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:14:42

OH!! You took away to rate different factors in the written reviews? Wow.. I'm really shocked at that one.. You have the 1 to 5 voting for a "general" review.. This does not make sense to me.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:17:04

Actually, another thing that I didn't like (and well hate) is the password.
Maximum of 10 characters AND has to have both letters and numbers.
I know it's all in the interest of safety but my new password sucks because of it :P Plus, it used to be max 10 characters anyway... with the introduction of the numbers, shouldn't the max be a little more?

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:17:06

oh and one other thing i dont like is a few days ago i was about 30 points away from my next level now after the redesign and new levels im back to 1000 odd lol.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:18:15

The whole redesing is great! My favourite part is the new flagging review system. The page doesn't reload after we flag a review anymore. Also, the page is loading faster. In the beginning, the pages took a minute to open because the server was overloaded. But now it takes less than 5 seconds! Awesome!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:19:48

Oh, and it annoys me that I can't upload media with Safari. Hope you'll get to that part soon

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:19:58

I'd have to say that one of the really cool things about the redesign is all the sleeker buttons, links, and the overall sleek look. I'm not much for the grungy-kinda page look, but I'd have to say it looks and functions much better than the old newgrounds layout. Also, the one thing that I really dislike about the redesign is that you took away the ability to rate the graphics, style, and such, and now there's only the overall score. But it's all good, I'm growing to enjoy it more and more as I use it, and have already began to notice that it's running better than yesterday.
Thanks for all the hard work, I really appreciate it!

Captain Diabetes is BACK.

L.O.E.D - E-Mail

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:23:34

Its great, but somfe few thigs are missing.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:30:13

My favourite part is probably that Reviews and Whistle power is supposed to contribute to VP.

Least favrourite so far, is that I have to have numbers etc. in my password to get a new aura, change information etc.

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:30:43

cool
very cool
but i think something is wrong when i point at the title
the side bar seem to jump a little

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:32:19

THE DESIGN IS SO COOL IT LAGS TO MUCH

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:34:21

I like the new graphics and all. The bytesize thing on frontpage is awsome, its cool to see Adam Philips and TheSwain contributing like that.

But I can't change anything that requires my password because it won't read it, because it doesn't follow the 6 digits, I can log in and stuff, but now I can't even change my password.

Whoa its me!

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:34:59

I don't like that the submissions don't show in a proper pop-up, i like to be able to continue surf NG when the movie is loading without having to open a new tab.

Anyway that's just a minor thing, everything looks great.

Doors. You'll know when they're appropriate.

dA

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:35:41

The site runs great :3

BBS Signature

Response to Post-Redesign Notes 2007-07-18 10:36:32

At 7/18/07 08:30 AM, Scarab-Stalk33r wrote: Could you set favourite artists before?

Yeah you could.