00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lucidstriker595 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

131,487 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-10 19:45:28

welcome to the club. Right now we still got a big contest going on so read the rules for contests. Also read the rewards for this one contest. I believe you will be very intrigued :)

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-10 21:00:01

ok im still rather confused. due to time diffrence i miis alot so can someone please explain fully about the project.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-10 22:06:26

Alright... I should be able to write something worthwhile, but I don't really know where to post it, so I'll send it to you, gunground.

Captain Diabetes is BACK.

L.O.E.D - E-Mail

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-11 00:03:00

Can someone please tell me what the contest is?

DemonCole: Owner of the UFC Club

Co-owner of the: Horror club

Member of the YuYu Hakusho club, anime club, dbz club, Elder Scrolls Oblivion faction, and the Weird Al club

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-11 01:46:44

Sorry for the double post, but is there anyway you could give me a rating based on this short story I just put together. I did it in like 15 min, and its definetly not my best work whatsoever, but can you still please give me a rating?

One day I awoke to a cool draft blowing in through my slightly opened apartment room window. Before fully opening, my eyes blinked a few times to adjust to the light. As I peered out my window into the pitch-black night sky, I glanced down at my watch to see what time it was. Not being able to make out what it said I flipped the switch on the lamp, sitting atop the dresser across from my bed. The light coming from the lamp illuminated the room, revealing to me an old women standing in front of me breathing heavily. She had a long rusty butchers knife planted firmly in her pale white hand. She stared dead on at me like a deer in the head lights. After returning her glance I was fear stricken at the pools of black, which were her eyes. She showed no emotion on her face at all, and her eyes although, plain and dull, seemed to reach out at me as if begging for help. I went to spring from my bed and make a mad dash to the door, when the lady vanished into thin air!
For the rest of that night I got not a wink of sleep, as I was to nervous to even move. My room was now completely lit up, as it remained for the rest of the night, with me being too scared to turn off the lamp. I wanted desperately to slow down my fast paced heart beat, but knowing all the while there was nothing I could do to help myself. While watching T.V. to distract myself from what had just occurred I occasionally looked at my watch wanting it to be morning. Eventually my wish came true, and the sun rose, shinning through my window. The immense light emitting from the sun caused me to squint my eyes.
After washing up I left my apartment room to get some fresh air. As I casually strolled down the hallway everyone seemed to stare at me as if they saw a ghost. Some people even screamed! What shocked me the most is seeing the same pale old women that was in my apartment last night walking down the hallway too. When I saw her I began to run at full speed. I turned around to see if she was following me, and by time I turned back around I was running straight into a wall with to much momentum to slow down. To my surprise I went straight through the wall and out the other side into another hallway. The people in this hallway were stunned by seeing me. I guess I would be shocked too I snickered to myself.
Eventually a young boy screamed to his dad while clenching his shirt to get rid of the ghost. His words hit me like a freight train, and then I began to remember what happened. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and saw the old women in my apartment. Then I originally thought she disappeared, but I was now remembering her jumping on top of me, and regardless of my struggles she held me down long enough to barrel her knife down straight through my neck. Then about ten minutes later I awoke as a ghost. The reason my body was no longer there was, because the old women must have disposed of it.
Upon releasing what had taken place I began to levitate into the air, as if being pulled up by an unknown source. Eventually I was surrounded by a bright light, and approached by a tall man with a long beard, and a white outfit on. I could not believe it. I was in heaven, and this man before me was Jesus. He then revealed to me that I was stuck in a purgatory state for staying attached to my Earthly body, and wasn't be able to transcend to heaven until I realized what had become of me. To my surprise I wasn’t sad. This may have all happened so sudden, but I actually welcomed heaven and all that was in store for me, so I walked straight in without a moments thought!
From that day on, my apartment was always considered haunted, and because of video Surveillance of me roaming the hallways it was put in the top ten most haunted places to visit!

PS: If you absolutely hate this, which I won't blame you if you do, I'll post a better story tomorrow when I'm not tired! lol

DemonCole: Owner of the UFC Club

Co-owner of the: Horror club

Member of the YuYu Hakusho club, anime club, dbz club, Elder Scrolls Oblivion faction, and the Weird Al club

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-11 02:22:52

ok, the thing im having the most problem with:
what order do the three main things go in exactly?

is it Raidforce Mania > forum wars > warbaord ?

or are forum wars and warbord at the same time?

and also, is Raidforce mania and raidforce wars the same thing?

cmkinsac said ealier that the end of warboards leads to a war between the sides, but i thought that was radforce/forum wars, in witch case the order would go:
warboard > raidforce mania > forum wars. is this order correct?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-11 03:13:33

ya your rating its now light red (expert). for all those who are wondering what the project is, read through pages 2-3.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-11 16:22:57

At 7/11/07 02:22 AM, MonkeyV wrote: ok, the thing im having the most problem with:
what order do the three main things go in exactly?

is it Raidforce Mania > forum wars > warbaord ?

or are forum wars and warbord at the same time?

and also, is Raidforce mania and raidforce wars the same thing?

cmkinsac said ealier that the end of warboards leads to a war between the sides, but i thought that was radforce/forum wars, in witch case the order would go:
warboard > raidforce mania > forum wars. is this order correct?

Raidforce Mania leads to the forum wars. The forum wars OCCUR in the warboard. The forum we are making is hand-in-hand playable with the game forum wars. In Warboard and Forum Wars, one of us two admins becomes supreme ruler and allows people to go up in rank through The forum arena. Even though you can reach admin status in the game and kill off the supreme ruler, it wont actually make you an admin in the real forum, but if you are say a mod in the real forum, you are a mod in the game automatically. Does that clear everything up?
Storyline Heirachy:
Raidforce Mania
/ \
Warboard <---> Forum Wars

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-11 16:27:04

sorry for double post, but crap. the post maker removed my spaces.... :(.
here I try again:
----------=Storyline Heirachy=-----------
-------------Raidforce Mania---------------
------------/-----------------------\--------
-------
-----Warboard----------Forum Wars------

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-11 21:31:43

aight everyone time up for the contest. And im very disapointed to say, nobody entered so nobody wins. I understand that some of you are busy but at least one person should've entered the contest. I wont do another contest til next monday, as i will be on vacation friday to monday. Im leaving monkey and serpy in charge til i get back. Happy writing :)

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-11 23:56:29

hey gunground does that mean me and searp3nt get to make contests till your back, starting Saturday?

and also, that project order thing did clear it up, thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-12 03:39:55

At 7/11/07 09:31 PM, gunground wrote: aight everyone time up for the contest. And im very disapointed to say, nobody entered so nobody wins. I understand that some of you are busy but at least one person should've entered the contest. I wont do another contest til next monday, as i will be on vacation friday to monday. Im leaving monkey and serpy in charge til i get back. Happy writing :)

ya, just PLZ try not to get this thread locked. Don't be extremely strict, but my succesful club being locked is not a great way to return from vacation.

Also i got worse news. The date has been changed, i will be offline from friday from now on til monday, due to the fact that im massively sick and got a high fever and strep throat. There may be a chance u will have to be offline longer, for i believe my tonsils are finally gone, for i have been getting strep throat everty 6 days ever since 6 months ago. Ether way, i can't be very healthy. I will take back position on monday, but im putting both of you as emergency leaders until i get healthy again. Also as soon as i get better, i will continue working on the project. Happy writing.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-12 12:19:30

oh man. sorry to hear that. hope you get better soon. strep thought sucks. from what i hear, having no tonsils also sucks pretty bad. dont worry, me and searpy wont get your thread locked.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-12 18:44:48

I have been brainstorming the battle right now, since I have nothing to animate with. You guys come up with anything else for Raidforce Mania?

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-13 23:07:22

not yet. sorry, i was busy today. and by the way how was everybody's friday the 13th? oh and speaking of friday, i guess gunground is on his vacation by now, so i guess starting tomorrow me and searp3nt are in charge untill gunground is feeling better.

im gonna start wrighting something for raidforce mania pretty soon, the end of today or the start of tomorrow at most.

also, searpy hasn't posted here in a while, does he now that he and i are taking over for the weekend?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-14 04:59:44

Hey, was has this place gone so low? it should be more active... Anyway I've decided to work on a new story but as you know I'm very set in my ways, and until I have Office 2007 again ( my computer's Hard Drive fried) I simply can't write normally, it's just too comfortable...The basic idea is a Dramatic Comedy about a frustrated young writer who moves to L.A thinking it would help his work.

I think you'd like it, but I can't write it yet.So if anyone by any chance has a working serial to Office 2007 that would be helpful...

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-15 04:42:56

Well, I want to ask you guys if you know a site that helps young and novice authors in their way, the Israeli community has such a site known as New Stage. And as hard as I've looked I couldn't find a site like that in English, could it be the whole Latin derived group aren't interested in the progress of people's writing skills? That site helped me publish 8 different projects including poems and short stories. Hopefully with enough help from whatever people read my work there I can improve and go on writing, my plan is once I have 10 decent short stories is to try and get a book of them out.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-16 03:22:25

I think this club may need a little help to freshen up. Then how about a preview of my latest work, you know I simply can't write without Office 2007 but this little bit is written in notepad, it's lame but I only got started so, it will improve. Enjoy:

"Face In The Sand"

"He raises his massive arms in rage, sweat dripping off his forehead, struggling to hold the two M60 machine guns in each hand; they're heavy enough when you have one on, but two...the gatteling sounds of rapid fire echo through the packed hall as bodies fall from every direction"
"No no; god damnit, it sucks. I've got to come back up with a better scene than this, or this book won't sell a single copy" Says Robert with frustration.

Meet Robert Penner, he's a moderetly successful writer who up until now lived in New York where his work was easily published and bought by the hundreds. But his recent book "The Clan" was a financial failure, it didn't make him a dime. And so his publishers advised him to move to L.A where the atmosphere might aid his writing, and so he did. This is his story.

"Hey be careful with that furniture, it's really old, you know, old, as in worth a lot of money. So don't screw it up" Robert mentions casually to the movers across the room here to get all of his things to a truck and drive it all the way to Los Angeles. One of the movers slips and shatters a lamp he was moving, Penner's eyes widen with horror as he shouts at the movers about how expensive that lamp was. He insists and carrying anything mildly fragile to the truck himself. If he didn't have to drive all the way there soon himself on his own car, he'd offer to drive the truck too.

Minutes later our hero is banging his head against the plastic steering wheel hitting the horn while muttering to himself that Traffic will be the death of him one day. Other than that the day was event free. The next day they continue to drive but the car has a mind of its own and decides to break down early on, Robert signals the movers to just go on and wait for him at the destination.

Robert is yelling by his car while waiting for his call to Triple A to connect as reception in the area was weak, "God damn old backwards ass Hungarian car!" Robert shouts and slams his fist on the hood, to which the car reacts by working. The engine starts growling again as Robert gazes at his fist like a magic wand.

The End for now

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-16 03:38:29

thats pretty good phantom. sorry this place has been so empty, i just got released from my ban. and to answer your previous questions, i dont know of any websites for your writing stuff.

i dont know why searp3nt hasnt been posting lately, him and i are in charge till gunground get back and is feeling better.

i would have attempted to make a contest, but like i said, i was on ban the entire weekend, but at least i didnt get the thread locked right?

boy, nobody but phantom has been posting here... i hope that nobody has forgotten how to write a good story. ill write one for the raidforce mania soon enough as i promised, ive got a little writers block right now.

if gunground is too sick to come back today, i will make sure to do something for the club. maybe a simple contest, no actual awards i would guess, thats gunground's job.

just trying to clear everything up, the writers club isnt dead, not even close, were just all real busy or are all tied up at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-16 06:18:03

Not bad at all, Phantom. Brilliance, i'd say.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been on lately, I've been occupied with doing a new chapter of a story, and writer's block had got me until last night.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-16 06:40:04

At 7/6/07 03:30 AM, gunground wrote:
Now remember,To join the Writers club simply post
How many years have you been writing:
How many flash story's you have written:
How many real life story's you have written:
And your name (optional):

Years writing: Since I was 9...so nine years
Flash Stories: Dunno really what those are...so no
Real life: About 15 or so, mostly unfinished, I've lost count. Some are even on my old broken computer I haven't transferred to this one! O.O
Name (Optional): Katie

I might not be the most active though.

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-16 06:50:06

Oh, here's a taste of my skills...however good they may be. It's a very small fraction of the sequel to one of my stories (The sequel is a better entry). The chapter this part is from is called 'The Transfer' and it's part of my book "An Infantryman's War". I have NEVER posted this before, I have NEVER had anyone read it except my best friend. So, feel honored. =P

“Are you sure this is what you want to do?” Jean Knox asked, shuffling papers on her desk while looking at me. “Yes ma’am,” I confirmed with a nod. “It’s disappointing to lose such talent, but we can’t force a volunteer to stay,” Pauline Gower said. “My place is and always will be with the Infantry. A leopard can’t change its spots,” I replied. “Nor can a zebra change its stripes,” Knox said. I smiled and confirmed that too with a nod.
“Well, we wish you luck. If you ever want to spread your wings again, your plane will still be here, and a place will remain open for you if you choose to rejoin us,” Gower said, placing her hand down on Knox’s to stop her from shuffling papers. Knox clasped her hands together and put her elbows on the desk, clearly taking the hint.
“Thank you. I will devote half of my pay to keep my plane stored in the hangar and kept in working condition. Who knows? Maybe I’ll be given an assignment where I have to fly,” I said. “We sure hope so. We’ll all miss you, but we also understand that you feel a responsibility to the Infantry. Whenever you’re ready to leave just let us know and we’ll set up a ride,” Knox said. “Thank you again. I’ll let you know when I’m ready,” I said.
I then left the office, an odd feeling within me. I loved flying, yes, but what Knox said was true as well. I felt a loyalty and responsibility to the Infantry, my first love. A leopard can’t chance its spots indeed.
“So, you’re leaving huh?” asked Eleanor, my best friend in the Air Force. “Yep. You said yourself a while back I was nothing but a foot soldier, and that was all I’d ever be,” I replied, grinning at my friend. “That’s because it is what I saw. I saw a foot soldier trying to deflate the so-called ‘big egos’ of the rest of us in the Air Force. I saw an Army brat without a lick of experience. I think we’ve been over this before,” Eleanor said, folding her arms across her chest.
“Whoa, no need to get defensive, Elle. I was just joshing you,” I said, bringing up my hands and backing off a bit, but with a grin still on my face. “I know. Come on, I’ll buy you lunch,” Eleanor said. I smiled and grabbed her hand and we set off towards the Sussex Diner, the local haunt for the Sussex air field pilots.
I ordered my usual; cheeseburger with fries and a Coca-Cola. Eleanor had a grilled cheese with home fries and a Coca-Cola.
I finished first, so I opted to watch Eleanor as she ate. I folded up the sleeves of my battle dress uniform neatly and leaned back, grinning at my friend.
“What?” Eleanor asked after a few silent moments. She paused in her eating to stare at me, her grilled cheese sandwich in one hand. “Nothing!” I responded, straightening in my seat slightly and giving my friend one of my trademarked lopsided grins.
“Don’t give me nothing,” Eleanor said, shaking her grilled cheese sandwich at me. “Seriously, nothing. Nothing at all,” I said. Eleanor gave me a suspicious glare before finishing her sandwich and the rest of her fries.
“Are you sure it was nothing?” Eleanor asked, placing a few British pounds on the table in payment for her lunch. “I’m serious, it was nothing at all Elle,” I said, also placing a few pounds on the table for my own meal.
“If you say so,” she said as we both stood up, placed our napkins on the table, and moved towards the exit. “I do say so,” I responded with a cocky grin. She shouldered me playfully and I ran into the door frame. “Oof!” I grunted as I ricocheted off of the frame. She snorted with laughter and I scowled as I made my way through the door on my second attempt.
“That wasn’t funny, it hurt,” I grumbled as I pulled on my hat. “Oh don’t be such a baby Jennifer,” Eleanor said, shoving me in the shoulder. The same shoulder where I had been stabbed while I had been a prisoner of war working grave duty at a German POW camp.
I gave a wince and rubbed my shoulder tenderly. “Oh, sorry Jen, I forgot,” Eleanor said, a look of regret on her face. “It’s alright,” I said, smiling a bit to reassure my friend. “You sure? I have some pain medicine in my purse,” Eleanor said, swinging her purse around in preparation to dig for the said medicine. I reached out and grabbed my friend’s hand. “I’m sure. I’m fine, honestly,” I said. “Well, okay,” Eleanor said, letting go of the purse to let it swing by her side.
I smiled and put my good arm around her shoulders. “Are you—“ Eleanor began. “I told you, I’m fine,” I said, cutting her off. “No, that’s not what I was going to say,” Eleanor said as we came to the barracks. “Oh,” I said. “Well, what were you going to say?”
“I was going to say, are you going to miss me when you go back to the Infantry?” Eleanor said, entering the barracks that we shared. “Of course I am Elle. I would be a fool not to. And, what kind of a person would I be if I didn’t miss my best friend?” I replied, grinning. “Not a very good one,” Eleanor said, grinning back at me. I touched my nose, “Exactly.”

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-18 14:05:50

hey housefan! ill be welcoming you to the club as of now because gunground isnt back yet. i like your story alot, welcome!

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-18 14:12:16

hey I would like to join, im going to be a sophmore in high school so we have to write alot of stories, I probly wont post anything untill school starts but im always intreasted in other peoples stories.

sleep 18 hours, party 24

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-18 14:14:12

ok everybody! gunground isnt back, so as i said, here's a small contest for you. if you get aworded or not depends on what gunground says.
as long or as short as you want, describe what gunground is doing to pass the time right now. (he is sick, really sick) use you imagination everybody! ill say, you have six hours! go!
\

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-18 14:15:47

At 7/18/07 02:12 PM, stolen-name wrote: hey I would like to join, im going to be a sophmore in high school so we have to write alot of stories, I probly wont post anything untill school starts but im always intreasted in other peoples stories.

id be glad to let you in, but you have to post your stats first. (read the first post!)

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-18 15:45:18

At 7/18/07 02:14 PM, MonkeyV wrote: as long or as short as you want, describe what gunground is doing to pass the time right now. (he is sick, really sick) use you imagination everybody! ill say, you have six hours! go!
\

Is he on medication? I need to know these things!

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-18 17:00:34

Back I am. Hope I didn't get kicked out or anything. I'm just occupied with other projects. Got a new guitar today. Amongst other things.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-18 21:22:21

At 7/18/07 05:00 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: Back I am. Hope I didn't get kicked out or anything. I'm just occupied with other projects. Got a new guitar today. Amongst other things.

your not kicked out, and congrats on the guitar.

im dissapointed that nobody posted a story, so im changing the deadline. you have until this time tomorrow.
and i don't know if hes on medication

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-07-19 04:03:40

I'm assuming we post it here?

Well I can only guess since he can't come online that he's extremely ill. Which is sad. Perhaps he is reading a book with pictures or watching a lot of tv while eating chicken noodle soup, because we all know that cures everything.

And perhaps there is medication to aid in destroying the illness. Then surely he must be daydreaming of dancing sugar spoons and tea cups a la Beauty and the Beast. Prescription meds can give you quite a trip, enough of one to make a hippie blush. Speaking of which where is my Vicodin?

Well I think I have posted all I can think of. I leave you with this image...

Writers Club