00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

130,317 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-01 22:49:35

Sponsor? I guess one of my friends offered me the job judging by my posting ability on the site's forums. But yeah I'm basically still unknown but it's something to put on my resume. I might see if I can write for my college's paper too.

i see, a friendship sponsor. Those are usually the most secure and helpful ones there are. *example, i befriended qui games by making a story for them, and now look how popular they are!)

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-02 19:04:10

Yeah. And you guys can really help by visiting the site and its sponsors so we can get money. We also need a bigger forum community. The sponsors of the site help me get paid and let me keep the job. =D

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-02 19:16:00

At 8/2/07 07:04 PM, 1Housefan wrote: Yeah. And you guys can really help by visiting the site and its sponsors so we can get money. We also need a bigger forum community. The sponsors of the site help me get paid and let me keep the job. =D

We would be honored to help you out. First official demand for all crew members, go to her site AT LEAST ONCE to help her out.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-02 21:51:07

How many years have you been writing: I've been writing for ages, on and off. It started in school and then it became a passion of mine. I took English Language at AS level, which is a course devoted to the study of the structure of the English language. Part of that course was a creative writing module which I aced!
How many flash story's you have written: I was writing a story for a Flash artist once based on Dr. Who but I had to give it up because I had other commitments and I wasn't entirely happy with the work that I had done on the script.
How many real life story's you have written: I have many stories saved on my computer right now. Some are just beginnings to stories which I never completed. Some are complete short stories that don't need any more development. However, they are numerous and stored in a collection of folders so I can't be bothered to count. I'd guess areound 20 but there's always stuff that was handwritten and lost beneath the sock-piles of time.
And your name (optional): My name is Thomas Bruce. My main ambition in life is to be a film director but I would also love to write my own films.
Now that the introduction is over, glad to have finally found this club. I'd like to take this opportunity to put this film out there. I wrote it and would love to get the opinions of of some fellow writers. It was directed by a friend of mine and I wasn't around during the shooting of this film. He selected actors and locations but him and me did have a discussion about the location of the bridge scene. The monologue is followed pretty much word for word based on the story I wrote.
'Premonition'. Please watch, enjoy and give me you criticism.
Thanks.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 00:36:39

I c that you devote alot of time to literature, i myself, although not quite the "grammar and spelling master" prefer to write my storys from just random thoughts i come up with. I collect all those random thoughts, and weave them together to make short stories. Im i free writer, meaning i dont care what i write about, cuz in the end it all fits together somehow

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 02:48:04

I wouldn't say I devote a lot of time to it. I write when I feel like it or when an idea comes to me.
My director friend is currently away and wants me to write out a few ideas for another short film. I've been up all night and I was struggling to come up with anything. Now, in the exhaustion, I've been able to write a short story. Maybe my creativity is switched on when I'm deprived of sleep.
Actually, madness and creativity; the same thing? I'd say so. It takes a brilliant imagination to pull off a split personality.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 04:24:11

Indeed, for every writer is seems to affect the mind. Perhaps when in total boredom, the thing that Subconcously says is boring, is a much better alternative to being bored and pacing.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 12:12:31

Ok now I know I've been a away for a long time but that was because my computer was totalled ( probably my fault anyway, tee-hee) but now I'm finally back so get used to it..So, next post better be of some one telling me what's new and I mean everything.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 12:48:07

Years i've been writing: not even a year, i'd have to say when i wrote The Bloodsoaked Wasteland
Flash stories written: 0
Other stories: Bloodsoaked Wasteland: in sig
I just started work on The Old Orders: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/7499 89
Name: Brandon

Other: Due to my first story, I was asked to help write a story for an MMO with a friend

Am I in?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 14:26:12

At 8/3/07 12:48 PM, kdfsjljklgjfg wrote: Years i've been writing: not even a year, i'd have to say when i wrote The Bloodsoaked Wasteland
Flash stories written: 0
Other stories: Bloodsoaked Wasteland: in sig
I just started work on The Old Orders: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/7499 89
Name: Brandon

Other: Due to my first story, I was asked to help write a story for an MMO with a friend

Am I in?

Yeah your in, anyways phantom to anwer your question, my computer magically started working again. Im not sure why but i have my suspicions. Other than that, it has been fairly quiet. I've been spending a majority of my time trying to finish up projects.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 14:32:38

At 8/3/07 02:26 PM, gunground wrote: Yeah your in, anyways phantom to anwer your question, my computer magically started working again. Im not sure why but i have my suspicions. Other than that, it has been fairly quiet. I've been spending a majority of my time trying to finish up projects.

Ok..I lost Office again and I might get it next week again. it's annoying but I have to use to write.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 14:43:12

My block came back. And all my knowledge on World War Two Germany seems to have fallen out of my brain. >.< Or else I could write more of my world war two novel. -harrumph- Welcome to the new members!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 19:37:17

At 8/1/07 10:41 PM, 1Housefan wrote: Sponsor? I guess one of my friends offered me the job judging by my posting ability on the site's forums. But yeah I'm basically still unknown but it's something to put on my resume. I might see if I can write for my college's paper too.

well congratulations then, and good luck with that.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 19:39:57

oh sorry guys, i havent visited here in a day or two and i didnt read anything on page 11, ill make sure to visit the site to help out.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-03 20:19:45

Thanks for the well wishes and offers of help. Even if you just tell other people about it. We can use all the help we can get.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 00:52:29

At 8/3/07 08:19 PM, 1Housefan wrote: Thanks for the well wishes and offers of help. Even if you just tell other people about it. We can use all the help we can get.

i made an account.(:

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 15:27:35

At 8/3/07 08:19 PM, 1Housefan wrote: Thanks for the well wishes and offers of help. Even if you just tell other people about it. We can use all the help we can get.

Well you know, im no expert on ww2, but i know fairly quite a bit about it. However, dates aren't really my specialty, so if you still want some help, just pm me.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 15:54:01

Brand new Sony VAIO laptop with Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor, 120GB Hard-Drive, 15.4" LCD Monitor, Windows Vista operating system and 0.99GB RAM. That's 0.99, not 1GB as advertised. Conveniently, it just happens to round up to 1. What a con.
But I still love this machine. It's beautiful and I got it for only £499 because of an excellent offer. I also got security software and a bag with protective lining thrown in at reduced prices.
Now I have this excellent piece of kit, I can do some writing wherever I am. Too bad my imagination isn't conjuring up any ideas at the moment.
Anybody got an idea I could write about? Keep in mind that I'd need to develop it into a script for a short, low-budget or no-budget film. All I need's an idea but all that are coming to me are either too dull or too over the top.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 16:02:07

Zombie storys are all the rage these days, *coincedently, zombie survival is my most specialized genre :D* so you should prolly make a small budget film about the big z's. If you want, ill help ya. im anxois for another movie/flash about zombies to come out

on off topic, has anybody heard of the story world war z? It combines my favorite genre, with my favorite author, steven king. I must be dreaming, somebody punch...err i mean pinch me

Who said that?

its me your concenious you idiot*

*smacks self*

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 17:17:09

wow i miss a lot while im gone, but for the guy that asked about screenplays before, I dont really know what my writing qualifies as. I just write till i feel its a good place to stop.

Ive had sex with grandma, apple pie, and baseball. That means that i have had sex with america.

I N V U 4 U R A Q T < You really are. ;)

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 17:19:43

At 7/27/07 06:00 AM, Phantom wrote: By the way I'd discourage anyone from letting him join, the word mite just mad my head ache.

and yet you spell made wrong. lol

Ive had sex with grandma, apple pie, and baseball. That means that i have had sex with america.

I N V U 4 U R A Q T < You really are. ;)

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 17:26:51

I would like to join. Are therwe any requirements?

Years: Since I was born.
Flash stories: A few, but none have actually turned into a flash, mind you
Life: Can't count. Lots. None published, most in my head.

I'm creating a story that I call: Storyline for Unbelievable Ambitious Flash Movie/Game I Will Never Finish and/or Live Up To My Dreams With. I could post it here. Probably going to be laughed at.

Lolz my club got deleted :p XP

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 18:09:41

Zombies are pretty cool subject matter. I wouldn't say they were in at the moment, though. Also, I doubt my friend would want to direct a movie about zombies. Also, also, I wrote a story about zombies once before and it was too ambitious to be turned into a film. You must remember that me and my friend are working to create films with virtually no budget, yet we're trying to achieve professional standards. For that reason, we can't go for incredible fantasy pieces or anything that would require lots of make-up, props or extras. We need to create these films with very few people and within the constraints of an extremely tight budget.
I'm a bit drunk right now so if there are no spellingmistakes there, I'm amazed!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 19:41:31

At 8/4/07 12:52 AM, MonkeyV wrote:
i made an account.(:

Thanks. And to gunground, I've been doing okay with my story now, plus I've been watching Hogan's Heroes and getting ideas. My mum read some of it while i was taking a personal break. World War Z is an awesome book. I've been busy writing my own to finish it, but it's awesome so far. (I'm almost done)

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 20:34:35

At 8/4/07 07:41 PM, 1Housefan wrote:
At 8/4/07 12:52 AM, MonkeyV wrote:
i made an account.(:
Thanks. And to gunground, I've been doing okay with my story now, plus I've been watching Hogan's Heroes and getting ideas. My mum read some of it while i was taking a personal break. World War Z is an awesome book. I've been busy writing my own to finish it, but it's awesome so far. (I'm almost done)

YOu mean world war z is out right now???!!! My god where have i been, *races to barn's and nobles to buy a copy before it closes* Anyways for schmut, i didnt think you were making a real movie with real people in it, i thought you were making a flash. In that case...you should make a action movie. I myself made one once, i called it "young smiley jones :D (everyone who has a clue what the joke means, congrats your officialy not a idiot :p). I took a smiley figuring with hands and legs, had him pick up a "golden relic (hint its a cuetip with some glitter on it :P)" , the wall of jenga blocks falls down revealing godzilla, so he climbs down this obstacle course i made for him, goes into a abandoned truck, there is a black ball right next to it and with some photoretouching, the ball/bomb "explodes" flips the truck, smiley gets out, a ball "aka a giant rolling boulder" he runs all the way across the hallway made from jenga blocks, takes a left turn at the last second, and starts making love to mrs smiley. Wierd huh?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 20:44:27

http://kdfsjljklgjfg.newgrounds.com/news /post/11557

The Old Order is coming along nicely, chapter one was just posted

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-04 21:23:35

I can give you all the press on WW2. It all dates back to 1937, when the Chinese and Japenese were fighting in the Sino-Japan war. China's political chaos leaked into Japan where in 1939, it turned into a military dictatorship within the empire. That same year, Hitler was being well, Hitler. He was killing 6 million jews at the time. Soon, many countries in Europe declared war on Germany and Germany on them, while the Japanese were conquering Manchuria and most of Southern Asia. The United States wanted to stay out of the European/Asian war, but the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. That was the time the United States had to fight. Three years the battles raged on, with low morale on both sides. By 1945, Hitler was toppled and Japan was in turn, defeated. Then two anti-Germany/Japan countries, the United States and Soviet Union, started to hate eachother. In 1955, a Democratic West Germany and a Communist East Germany were formed. They united into one Democratic Germany in 1990. In 1947, Japan came out Democratic.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-05 05:06:37

At 8/4/07 05:19 PM, pointydagger wrote: and yet you spell made wrong. lol

Yes but that was an honest type-o, he used it on purpose, which is simply beyond me. So DON'T FUCKIN' COMPLAIN. ok?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-05 09:48:49

At 8/5/07 05:06 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 8/4/07 05:19 PM, pointydagger wrote: and yet you spell made wrong. lol
Yes but that was an honest type-o, he used it on purpose, which is simply beyond me. So DON'T FUCKIN' COMPLAIN. ok?

lol. Your a mean one, mr. Phantom YOUR A MEAN ONE, Mr. PHAAAAAAAAANOTom *signs this to the tune of mr grinch intro*

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-05 10:02:13

At 8/4/07 09:23 PM, InfinateLoop wrote: I can give you all the press on WW2. It all dates back to 1937, when the Chinese and Japenese were fighting in the Sino-Japan war.

I remember hearing about some Japanese dude was lost in a jungle, when he finally came out he said that he surrendered, nobody told him that the war had ended 20 years ago. I lol'd at that.

Anyways, Fiwad is taking a LOOOOOOOOOONG time getting back up, so I have no meterial to improve on. (Anything I wrote before April sucks, BIGTIME)

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature