00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

corentingoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xeno Tactic

58,342 Views | 139 Replies

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-20 10:35:40

At 6/20/07 06:13 AM, Toenailsinajar wrote: i managed to get up to level 72, but i forgot about upgrading my air towers....

so i give up.

I think it's impossible to win. I got to level 72 5-10 times, One time with a bunch of red air turrets, and the rest with a bunch of red lasers and freeze turrets and stun turrets...

They don't give you enough gold to upgrade both a bunch of ground weapons and a bunch of air weapons, so you either lose in one of those two areas, killing all the ground units or killing all the air units. There's also the fact that the monsters each have like.. 10,000 HP at that time, and no matter how many guns you have doing 300-400 damage, it's still damn near impossible to take out all of that HP. I don't even know what it'd be like around level 100 when they each have 15k-20k HP each. How the hell are you supposed to take that much out of 20-30 enemies with the amounts the guns give?

It should allow you to upgrade your guns another level when you get to level 60 or something so you can deal with those levels of enemies.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-20 13:00:25

I Finally beat lvl 5 and i started playing lvl 6.....it is a BITCH to beat! i mean wow, the current strategy i had for the other lvls doesnt seem to be working for this one at all (they overrun my turrets) so i have to find some sort of strategy.....anyways fantastic game.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-21 11:56:54

Dammit, I got to lvl 49 on mission 5 and then dieddddddddddddddd. D:<

I hate you.

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-21 16:58:17

Well, this sucks. I'm a total noob and and can't get past 5:48. My problem is that I can't keep on upgrading all my guns at once. I have one main SAM (full), a few Red towers, A fully upgraded freezer and a hell of a maze. I'm pretty sure that my DCA's (3) were one step behind fully upgradeness, too.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8703/exonm e0.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/900/exonou tlinegs9.jpg

First one is me dying, and the second one is the outline of the enemies path. I think thats as mazy as it can get.

Win Free Cash! - No sign up, credit card, age requirements or anything needed.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-21 17:03:29

I have got to 6:56

I have S/S if people need, but it appears people get further than me anyway.

I maze with Vulcans, and keep re-mazing to stop the ground guys. When I die, I've never let any ground guys out. My issue is the flying ones. Red Vulcans can help, some Green DCA, but I can never have enough cash to keep my Maze up at Red Vulcans and any good DCA.

Plasma and Sonic and stuff are just silly, no need. Ground forces you just need to redo our maze and keep them going backwards and fowards, backwards nad forwards till they die. Air though? Seems too hard.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-21 20:48:52

At 6/21/07 05:03 PM, Sarai wrote: I maze with Vulcans, and keep re-mazing to stop the ground guys. When I die, I've never let any ground guys out. My issue is the flying ones. Red Vulcans can help, some Green DCA, but I can never have enough cash to keep my Maze up at Red Vulcans and any good DCA.

Plasma and Sonic and stuff are just silly, no need. Ground forces you just need to redo our maze and keep them going backwards and fowards, backwards nad forwards till they die. Air though? Seems too hard.

That's the exact same problem I have, only I'm stuck at the end of level 5. I don't even have to change my exits, I have such a good ground maze that none of the "supers" can get halfway through. It doesn't matter how many red or blue turrents I have, those air fuckers blow straight past me.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-21 21:31:55

I'm starting to get really pissed off. Does anybody have an online guide that has tips or something?

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 08:26:43

I now believe it's possible to pass this. I got to level 6:83 yesterday morning. It's as most people said though. Air defence is the priority. I had ten DCA's most of them upgraded, not to the full, i only had 3 red, 3/4 blue the rest yellow and green, but they were taking down the flying guys quite comfortably until near the end.

The people who are saying plasma turrets and sonic turrets are just stupid. Upgraded to the full those fuckers take down a lot of shit that could hassle you, and they kill shit fast, giving you gold when you need it.

I fucking love this game, i havent had as much fun playing a game since Synjids battle arena away back in the day (Not counting dr0kn games ofcourse, they're just awesome).

I'LL FUCKING DO THIS ONE DAY.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 08:36:52

At 6/21/07 04:58 PM, Staticblaze wrote: First one is me dying, and the second one is the outline of the enemies path. I think thats as mazy as it can get.

You need columns with only one space between them for the maze, it allows you to make it much longer. Oh, and put at least 4 DCAs in the center and upgrade them as soon as you can.

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 08:52:54

Didnt u post this about a week ago?

Streaming, music making, etc.

I'm on Twitch, Bandcamp, Youtube, and Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 21:58:50

Damn it all to hell. This time I killed the air turrents but the ground guys pwned me. ONE LEVEL LEFT.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3889/grrrrrr b8.jpg

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 22:08:23

Seriously guys, I could use some major help here on level 5. I could care less about level 6 because I know it can't be beaten.

Pics, words, strats, ANYTHING I can get my hands on will help me.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 22:11:36

I'm still stuck on mission nº 3 so I can't give you some good advice...

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 22:11:42

I can't even get passed level two. ='[

I've been Fab since the re-design,have you?

JUST BECAUSE I LISTEN TO COREY HART :'[

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 22:23:50

At 6/22/07 10:08 PM, Staticblaze wrote: Seriously guys, I could use some major help here on level 5. I could care less about level 6 because I know it can't be beaten.

Pics, words, strats, ANYTHING I can get my hands on will help me.

Buy some shockers and place them in the maze near the upgraded guns, preferably with some freezes and SAMs near them too, the splash damage really adds up if you upgrade them enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-22 22:56:29

If by upgrade enough you mean all the way, then yes. Sadly those freezers and sonic are too silly. If I spend all my money on them, then I can't upgrade my regular guns OR my DCAs. It's twice as worse as not being able to upgrade any DCAs because you have really good ground support.

I just tried your method two different ways and I did a lot worse then normal

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 00:38:07

This is total bullshit. I'm honestly giving it my all over and over again. If somebody beat mission five PLEASE PM me some screens or something. I could kill everybody except the damn flying guys.

Xeno Tactic

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 02:46:03

Alright guys I'll tell you the best way to beat this game i have done it 3 times on a row......Start off with building vulcans. Start at the right top side, you need the top of the turrets one square below the top and move them to the right place 8 of them this way. Then for the left side you need to start one square away from the edge and work from the bottom up you can leave a space or two so you can go up more. After the first level or two work your way down on the left leaving one empty square in between them....like so

-------~~~~~~~~~~------------------
- V VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV-
~ V V S P ~
~ V V S P P P ~
~ V V P P P P ~
~ V V P P P P ~
- V V P P P P -
- V V P P P P -
- V V P P P P -
- V V P P P P -
- V P P P -
- VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV -
----------------~~~~~~~~~~---------

dO IT IN THIS FASHION AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO WIN

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 03:46:42

At 6/23/07 12:38 AM, Staticblaze wrote: This is total bullshit. I'm honestly giving it my all over and over again. If somebody beat mission five PLEASE PM me some screens or something. I could kill everybody except the damn flying guys.

You're not remazing.

IF you don't let any Ground out on Level 5 not even the flying guys can wipe you out. Use Vulcans all the way except for a cluster of three DCA in the middle. Remaze, Remaze, Remaze.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 16:59:00

At 6/23/07 02:46 AM, Zenta wrote: -------~~~~~~~~~~------------------
- V VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV-
~ V V S P ~
~ V V S P P P ~
~ V V P P P P ~
~ V V P P P P ~
- V V P P P P -
- V V P P P P -
- V V P P P P -
- V V P P P P -
- V P P P -
- VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV -
----------------~~~~~~~~~~---------

That makes no sense at all..

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 17:18:54

Do a barrel roll.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 17:43:31

At 6/23/07 05:18 PM, Cattleplate wrote: Do a barrel roll.

What the hell are you talking about?

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 18:32:06

im really stuck on level four, has someone got a screen shot of what i need to win or something, i think im over spamming the vulcan turrets...

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 18:33:37

Good game, reminds me of old StartCraft TD's.

The fab king.

Used to be Darkness.

|[Gym]|[Hiphop]|[Fab Lounge]

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 21:55:24

At 6/23/07 06:32 PM, Switch01 wrote: im really stuck on level four, has someone got a screen shot of what i need to win or something, i think im over spamming the vulcan turrets...

You can never over spam with vulcan turrents. I remember having a really hard time with that level, but then again I didn't switch exits. I try to upload a screenshot of level 4.

On a second note, I finally beat Level 5! w00t.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 22:10:07

i beat missions 1-5 without lossing one life but i can't get pass lvl 47 on mission 6. Damn mission six makes the other missions look pansy ><. I actually use the sonic towers. I just make a diagonal line that way the creatures have to circle the sonic tower. Sonic towers hit absolutley everything touching it (with the chance of paralyzing) so i'm able to get one sonic tower to kill like 10 things with a few hits (with the vulcans helping the sonic). See the best thing about the sonic is not the paralyze, but that it hits every land thing it touches instead of firing at one thing at a time. ^^ One freeze tower next to the sonic tower and then a couple of SAMS to deal splash damage on the slowed/paralyzed creatures that are stuck together. I also make anti air towers in the center of the map. They own air.

My smash code is 0258-9960-0246

Some moron from my school jumping over a car

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 23:23:04

At 6/23/07 10:10 PM, Devos10 wrote: i beat missions 1-5 without lossing one life but i can't get pass lvl 47 on mission 6. Damn mission six makes the other missions look pansy ><. I actually use the sonic towers. I just make a diagonal line that way the creatures have to circle the sonic tower. Sonic towers hit absolutley everything touching it (with the chance of paralyzing) so i'm able to get one sonic tower to kill like 10 things with a few hits (with the vulcans helping the sonic). See the best thing about the sonic is not the paralyze, but that it hits every land thing it touches instead of firing at one thing at a time. ^^ One freeze tower next to the sonic tower and then a couple of SAMS to deal splash damage on the slowed/paralyzed creatures that are stuck together. I also make anti air towers in the center of the map. They own air.

That's exactly your problem. Sure SAMS, Sonics and freezers are really really good, but they just take waaayyy too much money away from you. The Sonic turrent sucks balls untill it's final form, which requires oodles of cash for ($500+). Those oodles of cash could be helping you create much better stuff like 5 red vulcans or two red DCA's.

I like the SAMS. I really do. But they just cost way too much money. Like I said before, I can barely stand to upgrade my DCA's if I upgrade my turrents, vice versa. And if I throw in some random guns like the sonic, SAMS etc then I can't even upgrade anything at all. Switching exits has really, really worked well for me.

Whoever started this thread, please get back in here and give us low level users some advice.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-23 23:24:00

THats SKILL right there. You should really give out some pointers to the masses.

I feel like typing today...

BBS Signature

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-24 00:47:53

At 6/23/07 06:32 PM, Switch01 wrote: im really stuck on level four, has someone got a screen shot of what i need to win or something, i think im over spamming the vulcan turrets...

You still stuck? My guide is almost ready. I'm sure it would help those of you on level 3 too.

Response to Xeno Tactic 2007-06-24 02:45:04

I've been working out the pattern, there's only a select number of different enemy units, so they come in a pattern that loops. Planes come every 7th wave. 7,14, 21, etc... You'll be able to tell because they always follow those painintheass blobby things, which come every 6th cycle.
I'm about halfway through level 6. this bitch is tough. The sevens rule is a good indicator when to upgrade your DCA's.