00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitar: Full 3d Model

3,502 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-11 18:31:00

Me and my friend took apart my crappy Les Paul Epiphone and remade it in inventor. If you don't know, inventor is a knockoff of autocad that allows 3d modeling. We're EXTREMELY proud of the work we did, (seeing as how we remade everything from the body, tuners, screws, etc) and I thought you guys might like to see some of it.

I chose the art forum for a 2 reasons: You guys like 3d models round here and this section allows larger file sizes

And for you guitar buffs out there, you'll notice there are more than a few errors, namely the awful gap between the neck and pickups, this happened because we were given improperly calibrating measuring tools the first month >:(

Pics that show greater detail after this

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-11 18:33:14

One of the tuners, the assembly I'm most proud of, if you turn the knob the tuning peg spins ^_^

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-11 18:35:12

Nice work=]

Oh yeaaa

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-11 18:35:32

Wow. Nice. How long did that take?

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-11 18:36:38

I like the cover because it shows just how much went into this. Besides making all the parts, we had to constrain them into the assembly file, i believe the final number of constraints hit 300.

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-11 18:40:01

This is an example of a dimension plan, unfortunately I'm not engineer (YET) so I'm very sure that this would be incorrect way of doing things in the real world, but i prefer to dimension things like this, gives the person creating them a better idea how it goes together

and everything together took me and my friend 12 weeks of work, for him 2 hours every other day, for me 4 hours every day (class hour so 40 min).

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-11 20:19:59

I like how you modeled out the individual parts like a mechanical model, rather than just the visible exterior.

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-11 22:07:32

At 6/11/07 08:19 PM, SuperSexyActionFurry wrote: I like how you modeled out the individual parts like a mechanical model, rather than just the visible exterior.

Inventor is a professional tool used by engineers. I could put any of these parts into a CMC machine and have them reproduced. So yeah, its a mechanical model, visual model (like you see in video games n' stuff)

I'll post some more of these tomorrow if you guys show any interest :)

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-12 03:23:09

whoa, you didnt have to draw that stuff yourself did you?

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-12 10:38:25

Fucking christ man. Looks like a fucking assload of work. You should do an iceman or something more attractive....

lmao, this shit is so great.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-12 10:46:35

At 6/12/07 10:38 AM, Felipe wrote: Fucking christ man. Looks like a fucking assload of work. You should do an iceman or something more attractive....

awesome model, nice and detailed

les pauls are the most beautiful guitars around (my favorite of which a les paul classic).

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-12 11:07:14

im impressed, really nice, if yu put it on turbosquid im sure it would sell for ALOT.

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-12 14:58:52

At 6/12/07 03:23 AM, Sugary-Cupcakes wrote: whoa, you didnt have to draw that stuff yourself did you?

we took apart, and dimensioned everything in my guitar, so yes. (except wires inside, the version of inventor we used had a terrible pipeline system)

At 6/12/07 10:38 AM, Felipe wrote: Fucking christ man. Looks like a fucking assload of work. You should do an iceman or something more attractive....
lmao, this shit is so great.

ACTUALLY, i have an Ibanez IC400, i was willing to take apart my shitty Epiphone just because of my other better guitars. Because many parts of guitars are similar to each other, i would only have to recreate the ibanez neck and body, also the volume knobs, tailpiece, and possibly some screws to recreate a good model.
Oh and while I'm at it, I'd like to point out Ibanez guitars fucking rock other than the shape of the body.

At 6/12/07 11:07 AM, Splurda wrote: im impressed, really nice, if yu put it on turbosquid im sure it would sell for ALOT.

I wouldnt' use inventor for stuff like that, maya or whatever you kids use these days would work much better. The file size of the final guitar made the school computer crash, a lot.

Thanks for the compliments, here's an assembly of the bridge, dimension to follow

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-12 15:01:12

>_< i posted the wrong pic, that last one is the dimension plan, this is the assembly

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-12 18:00:45

By the looks of it, youd better model something else or this thread will die ;]

nice work by the way.

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-13 14:23:05

At 6/12/07 02:58 PM, hukedunfonikswork wrote: ACTUALLY, i have an Ibanez IC400, i was willing to take apart my shitty Epiphone just because of my other better guitars. Because many parts of guitars are similar to each other, i would only have to recreate the ibanez neck and body, also the volume knobs, tailpiece, and possibly some screws to recreate a good model.
Oh and while I'm at it, I'd like to point out Ibanez guitars fucking rock other than the shape of the body.

Shit, I could only get my hands on a 220. I wanted a 400, but they were all out. Yeah also I agree that ibanez guitars go farther than the body.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-06-23 01:50:35

At 6/12/07 03:23 AM, Sugary-Cupcakes wrote: whoa, you didnt have to draw that stuff yourself did you?

No, im fonik's friend who helped him... took atleast 3/4s of a semester to make and dimension the entire thing. Pain in the ass but it looked good and we got an A and i got an A+ in the class.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitar: Full 3d Model 2007-11-29 21:23:44

Very nice, I'm learning autocad right now, and let me tell you that is crazy. Nicly done there buddy, it is indeed art.

<"Clusterfuck of ideas heading nowhere... " Writersblock