00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GinosEste just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up

166,878 Views | 3,132 Replies

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-06-29 04:36:05

I think I love this next update. THE WARIO WAFT! I've been waiting to see how it would be executed.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-06-29 05:04:08

At 6/27/07 04:03 PM, verycoolguy wrote: The banana peel doesn't seem much for an item update. You can just jump over it like you would with a motion censor bomb.

If used properly, any item can and will be an effective weapon.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 03:10:31

This is a good update. There are these items called Assist trophies that pop out a Nintendo character to help you damage the other fighters. There's Hammer Bros. Nintendogs, then there is Samurai Goo from the F-Zero series.

I just got the Wii yesterday =). I got it at Brandsmart USA. Maybe you guys without Wiis should check there on Sundays.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 03:48:35

But the wii is crap why would I get one?

Oh wait smash bros lol.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 03:49:09

At 7/2/07 03:48 AM, RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh wrote: But the wii is crap why would I get one?

Oh wait smash bros lol.

oh hey sup

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 03:49:30

At 7/2/07 03:48 AM, RaNcIdPsYcHoJoSh wrote: But the wii is crap why would I get one?

Oh wait smash bros lol.

KILLTHEFRENCH87 (3:43:50 AM): when are you unabanned?
KILLTHEFRENCH87 (3:43:51 AM): from ng
RaNciDPsychOJosH (3:43:57 AM): uh
RaNciDPsychOJosH (3:43:59 AM): months ago?
KILLTHEFRENCH87 (3:44:08 AM): Care to make one post?
RaNciDPsychOJosH (3:45:17 AM): ok
RaNciDPsychOJosH (3:45:18 AM): there
KILLTHEFRENCH87 (3:46:54 AM): Awesomeness.
RaNciDPsychOJosH (3:47:18 AM): it got deleted idk
KILLTHEFRENCH87 (3:47:34 AM): suuure
RaNciDPsychOJosH (3:47:39 AM): okay fine
RaNciDPsychOJosH (3:48:43 AM): http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=70 5654&page=10
RaNciDPsychOJosH (3:48:45 AM): there

Welcome back, it's been a few years.

<--Back on Topic-->

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 09:08:48

I hope Sonic can be an assist trophy instead of a real one.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 09:25:30

At 6/27/07 04:09 PM, FinalPizzaHut wrote: Using the Wiimote sounds way too awkward.

I should really buy a Wii before this game comes out.

Yeah, I might try it but I think I will be mainly playing with the GC controller.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 09:44:59

Thiz game is so HAWT!

I want to play it so badly! And the release data for Europe is far far away... >=(|

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 11:27:20

Great update! I guess it works just like poke balls, but with a whole range of Nintendo (and other?) characters. That gives the game a whole new potential for nostalgia and throwing characters we all know and love into the game without making a ridiculous number of playable characters.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 11:38:50

At 7/2/07 09:08 AM, Rule wrote: I hope Sonic can be an assist trophy instead of a real one.

That's what I'm hoping will NOT happen. I hope Nintendo realizes how much it will dissappoint oh so many people if that were to happen. People would kill.

Of course, Miyamoto DID say that he doesn't try to give people what they want...

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional."

Also, Newgrounds can't stop the Brawl!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-02 11:48:10

yay I just got a Wii :)

"Your job is not do die for your country, your job is to see to it that the other son of a bitch dies for HIS country" -General George S. Patton

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-03 03:11:51

Bowser is in the game. His design is the same but more detailed than in Melee. It makes you think how his Final Smash would be like. Maybe it has to do with that flying clown vehicle.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-03 03:16:13

At 7/3/07 03:11 AM, verycoolguy wrote: Bowser is in the game. His design is the same but more detailed than in Melee. It makes you think how his Final Smash would be like. Maybe it has to do with that flying clown vehicle.

That would rock. Spam the arena with those bowling balls or Mecha Koopas?

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-03 03:40:52

THANK GOD! they let you play with a gamecube controller. I would have been so mad if you had to play with the wii mote and its lack of buttons.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-03 06:15:37

Assist Trophies now make the whole Nintendogs thing make more sense. They should have as much variety as the Pokéballs do. Can't wait to see what surprises will be awaiting in different Assist Trophies.

And now we know that Bowser is officially in the game, and looks a lot more detailed, and cooler. And it says that all the fighters will offer a new flavor this time around. And I hope that includes them making Bowser a lot more, well.....faster. Then he doesn't become an easy target, and get easily raped by the other characters, like he was in Melee.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-03 14:53:00

Bowser looks beast.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-04 03:05:39

At 7/3/07 03:11 AM, verycoolguy wrote: Maybe it has to do with that flying clown vehicle.

It's actually that Bowser becomes the Giga Bowser from Melee. Just check the site at you'll see that it's more detailed as well. It's a decent update.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-04 03:13:46

They really did a amazing job on Bowsers Special he really looks bigger and badder than before and is it me, or are all the characters growing a little mroe mature?

Knottsberry-Jr Rule You All!

Newgrounds Wiki Page!!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-04 20:13:47

Oh wait smash bros lol.

Oh look, a RancidpsychoJosh.

Hello

dsa

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-05 04:44:40

Nice to see you can play as Giga Bowser, despite the short amount of time however each Final Smash may last. Definitely neat-looking, and kind of scary in a way. Like you look into his eyes, and all you see is rage. And nothing else. Spooky.

And they show the basics on how each controller type works. But I'm wonder how the Wiimote/Nunchuk-and-Wiimote combination would work for more complex moves. I'm wondering how the jumping would work. Would it be motion-sensored, or would it just be as simple as pressing up?

Still, even though they show the different ways each control type works, I still think that the GameCube controller would be used the most, just because of the simplexity, and how more people have gotten used to the thing. But who knows?

Well, so far this week has been showing us a lot of good stuff. I'm wondering if they have a big update planned for tomorrow...

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-05 09:25:23

Finally introducing how to play the game with all the controllers. So far, gamecube controller seems to be the easiest.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-06 03:04:24

This area appeared in the Wii game The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If you’ve played that title, you ought to remember this place.

The terrain is flat. I mean, really flat.

And the enemy leader, King Bulblin, makes cameo appearances. Occasionally, he uses bombs to blast holes in the stage.

Run! It’s King Bulblin and Lord Bullbo!

Uh-oh! There’s a hole...

But don’t worry. The missing chunk will be magically transported via portal to fill in the gap.

Whoa! Just like the original game!

rape

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-06 11:08:32

i'm quite baffled as to why i have yet to return to this thread, even though i check this site every day and get all giddy over each update. so let's get some excitement out in one post.

todays update, shows the bridge from twilight princess, the same amazing graphics, seeing this totally took me by surprise. this level will be quite small, no place to hide, just how i like em :D actually it looks like it could be kinda long, but i'm sure it's not, since it wasn't that long in the game. the bridge breaking will be no issue, as i'm always kirby. floating to safety is what i do best ;)

yesterday, eh, smash attack. i think we already got that one down :P

bowsers final smash, WOW. when i saw that i might have drooled a little bit, giga bowser control, eh? i think that was something we all wanted ;)

for the bowser character pics, i really was a fan of the one where he's peering out from inside his shell :3

and now, here's the update i at least needed to get to. the assist trophies. awesome. pure awesomeness. it's like a pokeball, but with super cool characters from tons of games :0 oh man, i can't wait to see who will jump out!

i'll try to keep with the updates now, can't believe i forgot about this thread :P

smash on!

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-06 11:43:00

I WANT THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD BUY A Wii JUST FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS TO BE MINE!!!!!!!!!............sorry, got a little hyped up........my bad.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-06 19:12:49

Sakurai is a genius for the assist trophies things. I say this because he may have had resolved the sonic issue.

The newer updates are more interesting, to say the least. Smash bros. was an interesting game, and melee was fun, but sakurai wasn't on melee. Melee felt like super smash bros. V1.5. However, with Sakurai tinkering the characters on this one to fix how badly melee fucked some up (clones and how badly they fucked up kirby) and adding more depth to it then melee and the original, the game looks fantastic.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-08 13:22:28

At 7/6/07 07:12 PM, Frost wrote: Sakurai is a genius for the assist trophies things. I say this because he may have had resolved the sonic issue.

What do you mean resolved the Sonic issue? I hope you mean that he becomes a character..

95% of teens are addicted to Myspace, if you are part of the 5% who have a life, paste this into your sig.

WADE CHANGE MY NAME TO AXIUS PLZ! Dekuboy made mah siggy!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-08 13:38:14

Wow they got the bridge in the game?!? This game automatically owns.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-08 15:40:39

Oh DEAR GOOD SWEET CHRIST I MUST fork out several hundred bucks for a Wii and this game, even if NOTHING else good comes out for it!!!!

Sorry 'bout that, just echoing the general sentiment in this thread.

:-)

dsa

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-07-08 16:02:55

At 7/8/07 03:40 PM, goatseluva wrote: Oh DEAR GOOD SWEET CHRIST I MUST fork out several hundred bucks for a Wii and this game, even if NOTHING else good comes out for it!!!!

Sorry 'bout that, just echoing the general sentiment in this thread.

-)

The Wii is about $250 which includes controller and a free game of Wii Sports and I think Brawl is gonna be $50

95% of teens are addicted to Myspace, if you are part of the 5% who have a life, paste this into your sig.

WADE CHANGE MY NAME TO AXIUS PLZ! Dekuboy made mah siggy!

BBS Signature