00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AlsoTlant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up

167,136 Views | 3,132 Replies

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-24 12:07:41

"F-flab is poking out from his sides."

I'm not gonna be able to unsee this now.

At 12/24/07 11:41 AM, BatDan wrote:

Plus, who knows what we might get tomorrow on Christmas Day? Today was Christmas Eve so Captain Falcon? A brand new character? Only Sakurai knows.

I've learned not to look forward to specific day updates

"MEGAMAN'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY?! MEGAMAN TOMORROW!!!" Nope.

"THE ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE?! OH MAN CHARACTER OR DEMO OR SOMETHING TOMORROW. I CAN FEEL IT" Nah.

"OHHHH SHIT HALLOWEEN! LUIGI'S MANSION CONFIRMED!!!" NOPE!

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-24 14:42:32

SANTA CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL?!

Hold your breath, everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-24 14:42:48

I sense tomorrowz we get pagan-man or something.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-24 14:44:10

At 12/24/07 11:39 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Why are you guys saying it's a good update? So he can change into his other costume. Whoop-de-fucking-doo. This would have been PERFECT to release another update with it.

It's kinda cool that he has 12 different colors and costumes, though.

Besides, the game is going to come out with all the same stuff regardless of how he introduces it, so just relax.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-24 14:52:52

At 12/24/07 02:44 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: HIS DOWN+B MOVE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!

He drops his sack while in mid-air!

I-is that...

Yes! He's throwing his toys! Wow!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-24 16:49:17

Ehh I figured they would have this costume available, I mean it's been the Wario we know for ages now, they only recently decided to mix him up ;P Does this mean we won't be able to change the colors of his Warioware suit? Hmmm... A pretty blah update; although better than some menu screen shots... hopefully he will leave a good Christmas update for us tomorrow ;D

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-24 16:50:36

Even mods are into this shit.

Nintendo can do anything, and I used to respect them.

HENSHIN A GO-GO BABY!!!

Thanks to Hebacheba for the sig!

Read Hallways, my science-fiction epic that takes place, NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-25 00:05:30

At 12/24/07 04:50 PM, Alastor wrote: Fuck Wario.

SPAGGETT!

Well, hopefully the update occurs in the next few hours like it usually does; Christmas or not, I want to know more!

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-25 02:16:30

Double update today people, and it's all about Sonic. Check it:

<Sonic's Final Smash: Super Sonic>

When talking about Sonic's Final Smash, there is no other option than Super Sonic!

Use the power of the Chaos Emeralds to transform. Race through the air at reckless speed!

>Get the Smash Ball!

>Now I'll show you!

>Haaaaaaaaahhhhh!

He has tremendous inertia and is hard to control, but his top speed is top class!

Those who are witnessing this move should plan on dodging!

>Whoa! Hold on!

>I won't take it!

If you boost your speed recklessly, you'll pass by people too quickly, making it easier for them to dodge.

Speed control is important with this Final Smash.

>And it's over.

~Something we already knew and were expecting too, so meh. And now for update #2

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-25 02:18:15

UPDATE #1

SONIC'S FINAL SMASH

>When talking about Sonic's Final Smash, there is no other option than Super Sonic!

>Use the power of the Chaos Emeralds to transform. Race through the air at reckless speed!

>>Get the Smash Ball!

>>Now I'll show you!

>>Haaaaaaaaahhhhh!

>He has tremendous inertia and is hard to control, but his top speed is top class!

>Those who are witnessing this move should plan on dodging!

>>Whoa! Hold on!

>>I won't take it!

>If you boost your speed recklessly, you'll pass by people too quickly, making it easier for them to dodge.

>Speed control is important with this Final Smash.

>>And it's over.

UPDATE #2

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: ANGEL ISLAND ZONE (MUSIC)

Composition Supervisor: SEGA
Arrangement Supervisor: Jun Senoue
%u2022 Copyrights for this song are held by SEGA.
%u2022 Check your volume settings.

>The song used as the background music for the Sonic The Hedgehog Joins the Brawl movie is called "Live and Learn." As you can tell by listening, it's a pretty hot song, and it has many fans. Oh... You can, of course, enjoy the original version in this game as well.

>And the person who created that song, Jun Senoue, has arranged a song for this game!

>It is "Angel Island Zone." It is a song from "Sonic The Hedgehog 3," in which Knuckles first appeared.

~ I knew, I knew, I KNEW IT. I KNEW the Christmas update was going to be something involving Sonic, and I STILL FUCKING LOVE IT. Sure, the Final Smash was already obviously known, but the music is actually quite enjoyable. A great throwback to the olden days. *sigh* Good times, good times.

~Overall, average update, kickass music, and smart move making a double update for Xmas. I got one of my presents :D

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-25 02:19:25

Two already known 'updates'. Great.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-25 02:29:00

At 12/25/07 02:18 AM, sonicmega wrote: UPDATE #1

Beat you to the 1st one, but you beat me to the 2nd one, so you save me some time :D

UPDATE #2

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: ANGEL ISLAND ZONE (MUSIC)

The music does bring back some memories, and I'll probably get it later. So overall, already known final smash and awesome music. I got what I wanted for Christmas :D

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 02:13:10

I'll make it so you'll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you've already cleared the game, so it's OK if you don't hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.

Boss Rush/Level Reply. :D

Also, I believe I've seen this idea used somewhere before...

I wanna be, the very best!

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 02:13:24

Today, we get a new way to get trophies:

<Trophy Stands>

Among the many trophies are some representing the enemies that appear in The Subspace Emissary.

>Like this.

But they cannot be gotten easily.

You must turn the enemies directly into trophies to get them! The item that is needed to do this is a trophy stand.

>Basically, it's the stand the trophy rests on.

When an enemy appears, you need to significantly weaken it.

>Pay attention to the damage meter at the top-left corner
of the screen.

If you're lucky enough to have a trophy stand, throw it at your enemy after you've weakened it!

>If it goes well...

>It will hit with a thud!

>And it becomes a trophy!

Now you get the trophy. Whoa! What's happened?! You could say this is only possible because of the setting of the Smash world.

>You can then view that trophy in your trophy gallery!

Perhaps the trophy descriptions will give you some insight into the backstory of The Subspace Emissary...

Of course, you can also do this to get boss trophies.

>Yes! I'm definitely gonna get you today!

Since you can't get these trophies if you don't have a trophy stand, pure skill is not enough-it requires a little luck, too.

I'll make it so you'll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you've already cleared the game, so it's OK if you don't hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.

~Well, this is another way to get trophies and something we didn't know. Ok update.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 03:21:56

Knuckles may be in the game. Or at least I think he will be. Angel Island Zone is Knux's home island. This is the music in the sonic stage, plus knuckles is awesome; a Master Emerald Final smash would be awesome (glide into a wall to damage everyone standing)

"My friends call me 'The Cane.' Even before I messed up my leg."

- [H]ouse

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 03:26:51

At 12/26/07 03:21 AM, IronKoala wrote: Knuckles may be in the game. Or at least I think he will be. Angel Island Zone is Knux's home island. This is the music in the sonic stage, plus knuckles is awesome; a Master Emerald Final smash would be awesome (glide into a wall to damage everyone standing)

Nintendo said they would be allowing only a few third party characters into Brawl.

Snake and Sonic have two postitions, I think there's only one spot left.

But I think Knuckles or Tails could be Assist Trophies.

As you can tell by the snow, I'm Canadian. Battlefield Bad Company 2 Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 03:42:57

At 12/26/07 03:26 AM, LightandDark wrote:
Nintendo said they would be allowing only a few third party characters into Brawl.

When or where did Nintendo say that? I coulda sworn somewhere was revealed that there will be alot more characters, even third parties.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 06:45:48

Couldn't care less about Wario.

Sonic's Final Smash, we already know about. The Angel Island music, though. That's not too bad. Obviously, there's going to have to be a Sonic stage update likely in the future. Will it be the Angel Island Zone? Oh, the suspense.

Oh hey, a different method for acquiring trophies. It'll be interesting how that will work. Rayquaza still looks like he'll be a fun boss to fight.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 06:51:35

At 12/26/07 03:42 AM, verycoolguy wrote:
At 12/26/07 03:26 AM, LightandDark wrote:
When or where did Nintendo say that? I coulda sworn somewhere was revealed that there will be alot more characters, even third parties.

Super 100% Officially Confirmed that there will be at least THREE. Originally Sakurai said that only 3 third party characters would make it, but there was supposedly a recent interview in which he said there would be more third party characters then expected, but so far it hasn't been officially confirmed.

So as far as I know, there will only be three. Also it's unlikely any third parties will make it as assists. Nintendo will want to fill the game with as many Nintendo chars as possible, so any third party chars that make it will be playable to lure in drooling fanboys.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 08:51:06

I can't wait! Melee was good but this? It looks amazing!

Young man there was named Wong, For great justice he fought to oppose wrong

Fleet of his was big, He took off every Zig

Him to all base are belong...

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-26 09:22:01

In order

1. Fuck wario
2. We knew about sonic final smash
3. Fuck audio
4. We knew about trophies

there, caught up.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 02:11:10

More trophy related madness.

I kinda like this little mini-game, but I think this makes collecting trophies a little to easy. As well as the whole "trophy stand" concept, since instead of having a random chance of finding a trophy you can practically choose the trophy you want from the on screen enemies.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 02:15:34

We get more trophy info today:

<Coin Launcher>

In the last game, you plopped the coins you collected into a prize-dispensing machine for a chance to get trophies. That was fine and all, but I got to thinking that there really wasn't any strategy involved.

So this time, I dropped it. Instead, you'll be getting your trophies in THIS kind of game!

>I dub this the Coin Launcher!

I'm gonna have you play every inch of this game!

>That option on the right is the entrance to the Coin Launcher.

>That thing down below is the launcher.

Tilt left and right to change the angle of the launcher and press the button to roll coins out. Basically, the coins themselves are your bullets.

>Firefirefirefire. FIRE!

>And you got it!

The trophies move, so shoot, shoot, shoot them before they get away. If you hit a trophy with a few shots, it will be yours.

>An enemy formation has appeared!

When you defeat formations of smaller enemies, you earn stickers and bonuses. When your green gauge fills up, it becomes possible to shoot coins rapid-fire for a short time.

>A missile appeared!

Hit the missiles to shoot them down. If a missile strikes, your coin count will decrease!

>Whaaaaaaa!

Press the Cancel Button to quit. Then the results of your trophy and sticker shooting will appear.

>The green ones are trophies. The red ones are stickers.

The more you play the other modes, the more coins you'll earn for the Coin Launcher. You can even earn them in Spectator mode.

When you want even more coins, inviting friends over is your best option. The more people you play with, the more coins you'll earn.

~It reminds me of old school games like Galaga. Also makes trophy collecting a lot easier. Good update.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 02:29:26

At 12/27/07 02:15 AM, gameboyplayer wrote: ~It reminds me of old school games like Galaga.

Really? It reminds me more of the unnecessary spin-offs of games like Bust-A-Move.

If they had missiles.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 09:17:57

Fun fun fun. Finally a decent, non player update.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 09:28:14

wOOt?

I am mighty Sirguyman OR AM I?

Hail zeus!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 10:22:09

At 12/27/07 09:28 AM, sirguyman wrote: wOOt?

Yes... w00t.

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 10:28:23

kidray looks like you're not the only one who has to catch up ;P

Sonic's final smash was... well I guess already known, but still kinda cool to see. I imagine he will be a pain in the ass to steer :P Hearing that song was pretty nice, brought back some old memories + orchestra ;D The trophy system looks pretty snazzy, a lot more fun than the other game... almost like pokemon hunting? ;P The coin shooter game looks like it could be some fun too for some random mini-game thing.

All in all, the updates I missed... pretty sweet :3 good stuff...

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 10:43:13

At 5/22/07 10:56 PM, BooDestroyer wrote: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.htm l

Will be updated on weekdays. Just like a webcomic, only ten times better.

Lol....I go to this site as much as I do NG.... I wonder what's new today?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Bros. Brawl site up 2007-12-27 11:03:13

I like the coin shooting update.