00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ironic Things About The Bbs

2,531 Views | 39 Replies

Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:11:39

Just a few observations I made while frequenting the forums.

#1 A person who was hated in their highschool is in all likelihood among the most popular posters on the BBS.

#2 BBS users in general hate people who steal others work, but have no compunction using "STFU" and "O RLY" pictures over and over, obviously designed by another person.

#3 Foreign users can vehemently voice their hatred for the US and everything american, while using every feature of Newgrounds without second thought.

#4 Atheists make more topics about christianity(if only to bitch about it) than christians themselves.

#5 BBS users say noob less than 40% of any other forum.

#6 Most haters of Eric Bauman on the BBS don't actually know his site's name.

#7 Most emo haters don't know why they hate emos.

#8 Shitty, overrated flashes can spawn various topics in less than an hour on the BBS.

#9 85% of BBS users are fifteen and have a voice of credibility on the forums.

#10 A person who makes a goatse flash that incorporates a virus won't have their account deleted. A person who disses the button layout will have their account deleted.

#11 Posting racial slurs is higher up on the BBS rules of not to do than talking about hacking and piracy.

#12 Every user claims to hate Fred Phelps, but will call you gay in their next post if you dare contradict them.

#13 A person can claim how much they hate Wade or Tom Fulp, but whenever either makes a topic you can expect the same user will kiss their ass.

#14 Attention whores are generally frowned upon and will typically have their thread locked, but a well-known user can make a topic telling the BBS to photoshop their pictures and have the thread reach fourteen pages.

#15 More people on the BBS like Greenday more than they like Led Zepplin.

#16 Naruto has a greater fan base on the BBS than John Wayne.

#17 BBS user claim "I'm Rick James, bitch!" is cliche, but will post South Park and Carlos Mencia quotes at the drop of a hat.

#18 There's more sex fictions on the BBS than BBS users.

#19 It's okay to have "Communist, soviet, marxist" in your name, but not nazi or SS.

#20 People menstrate about Bigbadron being a hardass, despite he hasn't handed out the majority of bans(from my knowledge).

A couple I can think of off the top of my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:12:54

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: #20 People menstrate about Bigbadron being a hardass, despite he hasn't handed out the majority of bans(from my knowledge).

That's your problem, it's from your knowledge.

Also, HOLY SHIT LISTMANIA!!11!1!!

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:15:17

Oh the Irony!
So dark the con of man!!!

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:15:57

Well, this is Newgrounds!

The codfish on the park bench is fried by the raw maple. 30/10/2009

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:19:34

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: Just a few observations I made while frequenting the forums.

#11 Posting racial slurs is higher up on the BBS rules of not to do than talking about hacking and piracy.

That statement is actually pretty arguable. I personally think that it should be higher since anyone here is able to spew out some racial slurs, wile only the very few know how to hack or steal flashes (or have the programs to do it).

If you can't find a door, make one. Because it certainly won't fucking make itself.

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:23:29

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote:
#2 BBS users in general hate people who steal others work, but have no compunction using "STFU" and "O RLY" pictures over and over, obviously designed by another person.

Don't forget stealing photoshops from EncyclopediaDramatica

#4 Atheists make more topics about christianity(if only to bitch about it) than christians themselves.

Don't forget trolls who pretend to be christian to the extreme.

One of the good things.

They're gay, or something.

#8 Shitty, overrated flashes can spawn various topics in less than an hour on the BBS.

Don't forget underrated KK topics.

#13 A person can claim how much they hate Wade or Tom Fulp, but whenever either makes a topic you can expect the same user will kiss their ass.

"Cool" "Awesome" Both acceptable posts in any one of Toms or Wades threads.

#17 BBS user claim "I'm Rick James, bitch!" is cliche, but will post South Park and Carlos Mencia quotes at the drop of a hat.

This, is, Les Bos!

#20 People menstrate about Bigbadron being a hardass, despite he hasn't handed out the majority of bans(from my knowledge).

Bigbadron is the funnest mod evar.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:23:37

Of course some of those are exaggerated but you do a fine show at pointing out flaws of the BBS.

21# people frown upon users that make shitty jokes with additions to lists, but whenever the opprotunity arises, you can be sure they're there with 5 seperately posted, one liner add-ons.

Awesome post great job!

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:24:50

None of those apply to me in any way. But then again, I'm one of the few.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:25:45

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: #1 A person who was hated in their highschool is in all likelihood among the most popular posters on the BBS.

Unconfirmable, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, catchphrases are a different league than a full length flash...

#3 Foreign users can vehemently voice their hatred for the US and everything american, while using every feature of Newgrounds without second thought.

I don't see the vastly strong link between NG and the USA, btut whatever.

Heheheh, that's a good one.

I don't get this one.

I don't think that's true at all though.

But I DO think this one is.

How this is ironic, I don't know. It is however rather annoying.

Again, where's the irony?

#10 A person who makes a goatse flash that incorporates a virus won't have their account deleted. A person who disses the button layout will have their account deleted.

Well this is just a blatant lie. Dunno where you got this from.

Because we're a social community, and emotive harassment is more of an issue than legal tidbits, however serious. People still get banned.

#12 Every user claims to hate Fred Phelps, but will call you gay in their next post if you dare contradict them.

I don't even know who that is, and I have not heard anyone speak of him. What forum do you frequent?

Not always true.

#14 Attention whores are generally frowned upon and will typically have their thread locked, but a well-known user can make a topic telling the BBS to photoshop their pictures and have the thread reach fourteen pages.

That's not irony, that's just the respect and allowance granted to regs.

Have you conducted a poll?

See above. I still fail to see the irony.

Roll with the times...

Nah.

#19 It's okay to have "Communist, soviet, marxist" in your name, but not nazi or SS.

Says who?

... you can't see the ban list.

Eh, 4/10.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:27:11

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: #19 It's okay to have "Communist, soviet, marxist" in your name, but not nazi or SS.

In related news there is a communist club on the C&C but every time I try to make a fascist one it will be deleted.

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:27:15

Ahh! List of irony! How did you manage to cacualte all the numbers though?

The Doctor: I've been alone ever since, but not anymore. Don't you see, all we've got is each other.

The Master: Are you asking me out on a date?

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:28:08

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: A couple I can think of off the top of my head.

Yeah right. You spent all night on this and you know it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:30:03

i lol'd cause its so true but oh well what do you expect fomr the bbs?

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:33:04

That was great, most of those I'd already thought about, but I sitll liked it.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:36:19

At 4/12/07 07:25 PM, Zerok wrote:
Well this is just a blatant lie. Dunno where you got this from.

I hate giving out the name of the user who does this(because it only feeds their egos to have their names mentioned), but the instance of Err0r- comes to mind.

As for other questions, the reason I put "Ironic Things About the BBS" instead of "Annoying" or "Hypocritical" is because it would be assumed another thread where a kid pmses about the BBS. So I included a myriad of things that are ironic and annoying at the same time and named it thus.

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:42:14

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: #2 BBS users in general hate people who steal others work, but have no compunction using "STFU" and "O RLY" pictures over and over, obviously designed by another person.

That was a popular trend at least a year ago. They aren't hard to make in Photoshop, anyways. All caps impact font with black stroke and stupid picture

What, exactly, does Newgrounds have to with America, other than having been designed in that country? What's the slogan again, "Everything, By Everyone"? Not "Everything, By Americans."

You'd be surprised how many counterpart Religion-espousing topics I've seen thrown around.

Welcome to December 2005.

Welcome to January 2006

Any examples you'd care to point out?

More 16 y/o users have posted in this thread.

Really? I demand examples.

Because Tom hates racial profiling. Read it in the NG Lit section.

Who the fuck is Fred Phelps?

Maybe because someone you have an emotional investment in means more to you than an attention whore no one cares about.

Both of those bands are, in a word, horrible. I believe that you've just joined the Greenday hate Bandwagon that left for the Oregon trail last summer. Thus, just to spite you, I'll say "greeday is better".

Naruto is terrible. I despise hentai, anime, and any other related Jap shit. But then again, JW's movie are almost as bad and cliché as aforementioned animations.

Have you read mine? They are probably the best the BBS has to offer in terms of sheer entertainment- shock value.

Since when?

BigBadRon is a really funny guy, and he DOES lock topics and ban users at the drop of a hat. However, this puts him securely among the best our moderation team has to offer. Almost all of the others don't come around, anymore, or are just plain wet blankets, with the possible exceptions of Canas, and Maus.

Try harder to stay in the present, rather than pointing out fads that fizzled long ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:47:25

Well, the funny thing is...this isn't irony, I've done alot of research one time, because I heard several meanings about it. I don't know what the topic starter initially meant when he used the word irony but the common use for irony is something wich is "funny". This is flase, irony is a form of sarcasme, no, it isn't a form of sarcasme, it is sarcasme, but only in a more insulting way, I don't see anything remotly insulting in the stated list.
Let's talk about the list shall we? You pretty much nail it. Although I can't find msyelf anywhere in it. Just ahppen to be one of those lucky few. (I'm not a vet, but me no n00b).

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 19:51:29

At 4/12/07 07:47 PM, SiMpSoN-Grrrrooooove wrote: it isn't a form of sarcasm, it is sarcasm,

you're American, right?

Not my real name!

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:04:11

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: Just a few observations I made while frequenting the forums.

#1 A person who was hated in their highschool is in all likelihood among the most popular posters on the BBS.

Probably true.

Putting the words "O RLY" on a picture isn't really all that hard. I'd hardly call it "Designing work".

Meh.

Yes. Just yes.

The 13 year olds are growing up.

Why should they. It's cool to hate him ;p

Leik coz dey arnt kool lolz

Yeah so.

Isn't that a good thing...

Um not funny.

You know this how.

Who?

Sucking a modcock a day keeps the banstick away.

I'll say.

Not really.

Probably

Not so much anymore.

Not true.

Meh so what.

Well how the fuck would you know.

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:06:39

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: #7 Most emo haters don't know why they hate emos.

Well, for the most part, people hate emos because they're emo! Emos are weird...and they scare me

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:06:48

At 4/12/07 07:36 PM, JakeHero wrote: I hate giving out the name of the user who does this(because it only feeds their egos to have their names mentioned), but the instance of Err0r- comes to mind.

Well if you've got beef maybe you should let Wade know. I've seen some of his shit, and I haven't got any viruses. And I don't know of anyone who was deleted for dissing buttons.

As for other questions, the reason I put "Ironic Things About the BBS" instead of "Annoying" or "Hypocritical" is because it would be assumed another thread where a kid pmses about the BBS. So I included a myriad of things that are ironic and annoying at the same time and named it thus.

You should probably use the right words instead of the wrong ones. =\

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:14:04

At 4/12/07 08:06 PM, Zerok wrote: Well if you've got beef maybe you should let Wade know. I've seen some of his shit, and I haven't got any viruses.

People reported that after watching his flash that their printers would either print distorted images or gay porn. Afterwards, their printers were never functional after it.

People have contacted Wade via Paltalk about Err0r-, but they said he refused to delete Err0r- since he was a lvl 15.

And I don't know of anyone who was deleted for dissing buttons.

I actually don't remember the kid's name, but I remember one of the administrators made a topic about the kid. If it didn't happen I wouldn't make this shit up nor would I be so specific.

You should probably use the right words instead of the wrong ones. =\

I believe some of the things I list could be considered ironic.

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:18:07

At 4/12/07 07:51 PM, evil-clown-12 wrote:
At 4/12/07 07:47 PM, SiMpSoN-Grrrrooooove wrote: it isn't a form of sarcasm, it is sarcasm,
you're American, right?

Haha, what the hell, what does being an American have to do with that little phrase? =p

Really, tell me, I don't see it.

But err...n...no I'm not that God loving-oh-look-I'm-fat person...I rather have waffles and chocolate instead ;)

I'll give you a hint, you can see my country from your beach.

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:19:08

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: #2 BBS users in general hate people who steal others work, but have no compunction using "STFU" and "O RLY" pictures over and over, obviously designed by another person.

Memes = public domain

Reposts are inevtiable.

Haha, I doubt that.

Age means nothing.

Hahahaha, oh wow.

Shut up.

Freedom of speech > copyright law

Habeeb it.

Both suck.

Both are horrendously overrated.

Only the shit users do that....

I see somebody knows absolutely nothing about politics.

For comparing Communists to Nazis, you deserve to die.

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:22:17

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: #10 A person who makes a goatse flash that incorporates a virus won't have their account deleted. A person who disses the button layout will have their account deleted.

And this happened... when?

Gotta get my cream in Wisconsin

Party Room Suite at the Sheraton

Is my profile full of naked pics? YOU BET!

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:27:54

ok stfu noob: thats one, led zeppelin kicks green days punk rock ass: another, i don't speak in tv quotes or cliches, fuck naruto, i don't care about hating or asskicking any fulps or hating Bigbadron, photoshoping is hella fun, emos talk to you to make you feel sorry and won't shut up, im athiest but i don't make anti-christian topics, and lastly
Fuck Eric Buaman and Ebuam's World!
you my good man, have been pwnd.

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:30:14

Nice comparisons.
Now their cover is blown...

LEAVE BRITANY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:38:11

At 4/12/07 07:11 PM, JakeHero wrote: #1 A person who was hated in their highschool is in all likelihood among the most popular posters on the BBS.

haha SO TRUE

Yes indeed.

I just can't stand Retrocrush. WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT.

Credibility from who? 14 year olds?

#12 Every user claims to hate Fred Phelps

the fuck is that?

Yeah, at least you have to become well-known first.

Which is weird because who likes either of those?

Dude, who the fuck watches those old ass movies here?
No one.

What's a Carlos Mencia quote???

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:47:43

At 4/12/07 07:15 PM, Kidiri wrote: Well, this is Newgrounds!

Insert photoshopped picture of Tom replacing King Leonidas in the well known "This is Sparta" scene?

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Ironic Things About The Bbs 2007-04-12 20:57:41

At 4/12/07 08:27 PM, ijustowndU wrote: ok stfu noob: thats one, led zeppelin kicks green days punk rock ass: another, i don't speak in tv quotes or cliches, fuck naruto, i don't care about hating or asskicking any fulps or hating Bigbadron, photoshoping is hella fun, emos talk to you to make you feel sorry and won't shut up, im athiest but i don't make anti-christian topics, and lastly
Fuck Eric Buaman and Ebuam's World!
you my good man, have been pwnd.

Stereotype BBS non-regular. Even though you think you disproved everything, you did it in such a horrible fashion that I laughed at.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature