00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nickker101 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

759,792 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-02 19:21:14

At 3/2/10 07:16 PM, TheMaster wrote: I haven't really listened to it. I heard a few of the rerecordings when they first became Alestorm, and preferred the originals, so never bothered with the rest.

Either way, who cares :P. Failstorm are pretty much rubbish anyway.

RoyalMailstorm.
BritishRailstorm.
Protip guys, if you rely on humour in your music, people should be able to hear what you're fucking saying.

But thats not very Grindcore :P.

And I don't think liking Dream Theater is exactly shocking. If it wasn't for the fact they're full of wankery they would just be Flower Metal.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-02 19:28:11

At 3/2/10 09:06 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I'll have to wait for another demo to see whether the game is good. But I suppose I can simply ask how it's different to the first game. How different is it to the first game?

A bit different, I didn't like all of the changes though.

You can unlock loads more extra guns and tools for your classes

a few World War 2 guns have been added

you only need to press a button once to swing your knife now instead of pressing a button to bring it out and then pressing another button to swing it

2 new game modes, Rush (Gold Rush in BC1) and Conquest is back, but only Rush was playable in the demo

But the things I didn't like are:

vehicles are a lot tougher

sniper bullets drop to the ground after a certain distance which can be really infuriating

regenerating health

the snow map which was the only map on the demo. I hate snow maps, but hopefully there won't be too many in the final version.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-02 22:12:50

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 00:34:39

At 3/2/10 10:12 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-
Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m3d2-Insom niac-Games-comment-about-porting-PS2-Rat chet-games-to-PS3

Do want.

Do want too.

I haven't gotten around to getting any of the Ratchet and Clank games on the PS3 yet, got the old PS2 ones still, but to get a port would just seriously get me back into the series again.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 06:09:47

At 3/2/10 07:21 PM, Nev wrote:
Either way, who cares :P. Failstorm are pretty much rubbish anyway.

But they're known as the band with the drinking song in my circle of friends, Wenches And Mead :P

then we dance like retarded squirrels to Keelhauled

I've tried to bring Korpiklaani and Swashbuckle into it but with no success haha XD

But thats not very Grindcore :P.

True

And I don't think liking Dream Theater is exactly shocking. If it wasn't for the fact they're full of wankery they would just be Flower Metal.

I meant for him, if I even mention a metal band in my posts he usually goes in a blind frothy rage and slams them :p

But yea in the words of my mate, 'They're a bunch of pretentious cunts, awesome musicians though'

I lol'd.

T'is true

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 06:11:33

Metal is still shit by the way.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 06:36:15

At 3/3/10 06:11 AM, TheMaster wrote: Metal is still shit by the way.

So's your face.

OH THE WIT.

Also.

Can't believe I forgot about Psychostick, this is our main drinking song :D

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 06:52:39

I've ordered myself a copy of The Lost World: Jurassic Park for PS1.

Also, do want.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 11:26:32

At 3/3/10 06:52 AM, TheMaster wrote: I've ordered myself a copy of The Lost World: Jurassic Park for PS1.

And a copy of Hogs of War.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 14:53:44

You guys are more then welcome to add me on PSN: fjobbi
I'm playing MW2 for now, and probably until I find something more addictive...

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 18:02:47

The latest Heavy Rain patch supposedly fixed some screen tearing errors and camera issues, as well as make your game completely unplayable.

awesome

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 21:21:50

Just got done playing the GOW3 trailer, really liking the level of gore in it. Hating the quicktime events though, what's up with making me look around the sides of the screen?

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 22:39:37

At 3/3/10 09:21 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Just got done playing the GOW3 trailer, really liking the level of gore in it. Hating the quicktime events though, what's up with making me look around the sides of the screen?

The GoW3 trailer?
More interactive than Heavy Rain!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 23:34:38

Just beat Demon's Souls today. Anybody play this game online? I'd like to play with someone :)

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-03 23:48:48

At 3/3/10 10:39 PM, scetch00 wrote: More interactive than Heavy Rain!

Ha ha meant demo, smartass

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 01:38:24

So... surprise Sony sequel revealed in a bit less than 24 hours. It's not Resistance 3 or anything from Insomniac. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

Initially, I was thinking Killzone 3, but now I'm going with Motorstorm 3. It doesn't seem like GTTV is a big enough venue to reveal Killzone 3 when GDC and E3 are right around the corner. But then again, Motorstorm 3 wouldn't exactly be a 'surprise' sequel. Of course, that wording could just be Geoff being Geoff.

A lot of people have been guessing Twisted Metal and Starhawk. Again, wouldn't really classify them as surprises. Maybe Twisted Metal could qualify simply because there hasn't been a new one in quite awhile. Everyone knows that's what Jaffe's working on though.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 05:28:32

At 3/3/10 11:26 AM, TheMaster wrote: And a copy of Hogs of War.

THEY ARE MERELY MOSQUITOES ON THE BACKSIDE OF MY WIFE

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 05:37:23

At 3/4/10 05:28 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 3/3/10 11:26 AM, TheMaster wrote: And a copy of Hogs of War.
THEY ARE MERELY MOSQUITOES ON THE BACKSIDE OF MY WIFE

I can hardly even remember it. I just remember a Rik Mayall voice over, a pro-war speech at the end, and AWESOME.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 05:54:03

At 3/4/10 05:37 AM, TheMaster wrote: I can hardly even remember it. I just remember a Rik Mayall voice over, a pro-war speech at the end, and AWESOME.

AH, BIT OF TACTICS! BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 06:52:37

At 3/3/10 09:21 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Just got done playing the GOW3 trailer, really liking the level of gore in it. Hating the quicktime events though, what's up with making me look around the sides of the screen?

Use your peripheral vison boy :P

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 10:41:08

At 3/3/10 09:21 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Hating the quicktime events though, what's up with making me look around the sides of the screen?

I find it useful, you dont really need to see which button it is, just which side of the screen its on, since they always appear on their respective sides (Circle to the left, X down, ect.). Easier than trying to guess and pressing the wrong one.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 12:17:50

At 3/4/10 05:37 AM, TheMaster wrote: I can hardly even remember it. I just remember a Rik Mayall voice over, a pro-war speech at the end, and AWESOME.

Oh yes, hearing Rik Mayall in Hogs of War was a real treat.

I still wonder what happened to Hogs of War 2 which was meant to have been released last year!

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 13:05:33

At 3/4/10 01:38 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote: So... surprise Sony sequel revealed in a bit less than 24 hours. It's not Resistance 3 or anything from Insomniac. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

Initially, I was thinking Killzone 3, but now I'm going with Motorstorm 3. It doesn't seem like GTTV is a big enough venue to reveal Killzone 3 when GDC and E3 are right around the corner. But then again, Motorstorm 3 wouldn't exactly be a 'surprise' sequel. Of course, that wording could just be Geoff being Geoff.

A lot of people have been guessing Twisted Metal and Starhawk. Again, wouldn't really classify them as surprises. Maybe Twisted Metal could qualify simply because there hasn't been a new one in quite awhile. Everyone knows that's what Jaffe's working on though.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/new -ps3-game-isnt-from-david-jaffes-team-ei ther-2855/

It's not Twisted Metal. Judging from what people are speculating, I would agree with the Motorstorn 3 prediction. Unless we're not thinking outside the box enough, and it really is a surprise.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 14:39:23

At 3/4/10 01:05 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: It's not Twisted Metal. Judging from what people are speculating, I would agree with the Motorstorn 3 prediction. Unless we're not thinking outside the box enough, and it really is a surprise.

Not Killzone 3, Motorstorm 3, or Starhawk.

SCEE is supposedly announcing whatever it is preemptively in around 20 minutes. Syphon Filter or LBP2, I think. Probably Syphon Filter.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 15:24:14

At 3/4/10 02:04 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: The fuck is wrong with Activision?

They're clearly the Gestapo reborn from the ashes.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 15:26:31

At 3/4/10 12:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: I still wonder what happened to Hogs of War 2 which was meant to have been released last year!

Most likey canned. Shame, they could always get it on the store. Heard that the new game is a SOCOM sequel. Big wow...

Amazing that the PS2 has been around for a decade now. There probably won't ever be a more successful console. The list of brilliant games that there's been just goes on nearly forever.

Also, lol at Cellfactor getting a price drop. NOBODY ever bought it in the first place.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 15:32:02

At 3/4/10 02:39 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 3/4/10 01:05 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: It's not Twisted Metal. Judging from what people are speculating, I would agree with the Motorstorn 3 prediction. Unless we're not thinking outside the box enough, and it really is a surprise.
Not Killzone 3, Motorstorm 3, or Starhawk.

SCEE is supposedly announcing whatever it is preemptively in around 20 minutes. Syphon Filter or LBP2, I think. Probably Syphon Filter.

Apparently it is Socom 4. =/

Din't think it was LBP2, I'm pretty sure MM said it wouldn't make sense to make LBP2. At least not so soon anyway.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 15:32:34

At 3/4/10 03:24 PM, Nev wrote:
At 3/4/10 02:04 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: The fuck is wrong with Activision?
They're clearly the Gestapo reborn from the ashes.

No, the problem with Activision is that they would sell only the box of a game if that was legal

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 16:11:10

Goddammit, I wanted a Syphon Filter sequel :'(

Anyway, I finally decided to go back on Assassins Creed 2, just finished DNA sequence 4.

And me and this Spanish guy played a crap load of Mercs Reunion on Resident Evil 5, we got an SS rank on all but one stage. That gave me 52000 points to spend on infinite ammo upgrades for my guns D:

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2010-03-04 17:21:29

At 3/4/10 10:41 AM, iateamexican wrote: Circle to the left

The left you say? :P

also Socom 4? What the shitting fuck.

Everyone wants a new Syphon Filter, it's been years since the last one.