00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirko99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

759,608 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-18 15:17:13

At 10/18/09 02:51 PM, Slain wrote: Hey guys, I just bought a PS3 and was wondering can you guys add me? All I have at the moment is Uncharted 2 but will probably expand soon.

ID: ShooopDaWhooop

I'll add you when I'm next online.

As for expanding your game collection, I suggest Modern Warfare 2 simply because plenty of people on NG will be playing it together!

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-18 15:57:53

Am I a nerd if I got an erection when I first saw Shambhala in Uncharted 2?

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-18 16:23:58

At 10/18/09 03:57 PM, IrishGun wrote: Am I a nerd if I got an erection when I first saw Shambhala in Uncharted 2?

Yes. I mean seriously, there was nothing special about the look of the place, looked familiar to, lets say, some sort of rainforest upon first glance.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-18 16:24:27

At 10/18/09 02:51 PM, Slain wrote: Hey guys, I just bought a PS3 and was wondering can you guys add me? All I have at the moment is Uncharted 2 but will probably expand soon.

ID: ShooopDaWhooop

PSN ID is KittensWithBeer if you want to play uncharted 2.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-18 17:02:36

Honestly, Uncharted 2 is a bit of a let down.

I mean, it was great, very polished, but I enjoyed the first one more. Maybe it was the lack of Sully, and the fact that no one in Uncharted 2 was as ace as Eddy Raja, I don't know.

It also just feels a bit like Uncharted 1.5. There's not much different between the two. Not a bad thing, the first was great, I was just expecting a bit more from it.

I definitely preferred the first game's story, and twist. Having EXACTLY THE SAME twist in the sequel was a bit stupid, too.

Still a great game. Just a let down since I was expecting it to be amazing.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-18 17:31:36

At 10/18/09 05:02 PM, TheMaster wrote: Still a great game. Just a let down since I was expecting it to be amazing.

Yeah, I kind of felt that Naughty Dog were just ticking boxes.

The pacing and structure of the story in both games are damn near identical.

There are a couple of moments that are genuinely surprising and that leave you on the edge of your seat, but apart from those precious few moments, it's all very predictable.

The gameplay is still top notch, and I liked the almost open-ended nature of the stealth sections. I say 'almost' open-ended because just charging in, all guns blazing during those sections would probably get you killed. But still; just ticking boxes in regards to set-pieces.

I don't think it's lazy on ND's part. But I do think they took 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' to the (il)logical extreme of 'if it ain't broke, don't change a damn thing'.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-18 21:59:11

At 10/18/09 05:02 PM, TheMaster wrote: I mean, it was great, very polished, but I enjoyed the first one more. Maybe it was the lack of Sully, and the fact that no one in Uncharted 2 was as ace as Eddy Raja, I don't know.

I don't know, Tenzin, for the short time he was around, was pretty awesome. But yeah, now that you mention it, there wasn't any sidekick that really stood out.

It also just feels a bit like Uncharted 1.5. There's not much different between the two. Not a bad thing, the first was great, I was just expecting a bit more from it.

Well, I haven't played the first one, so I didn't expect more.

In fact, I think may be the first game to live up to the hype it brought. Maybe MGS4, but even that was a tiny, little bit of a let down. But yeah, I can't think of a game that was hyped as much as Uncharted 2 and actually delivered.

I definitely preferred the first game's story, and twist. Having EXACTLY THE SAME twist in the sequel was a bit stupid, too.

There was a twist? (*****possible spoiler******) What, with the Chintamoni Stone being the resin? (*******end spoiler********)

At 10/18/09 03:57 PM, IrishGun wrote: Am I a nerd if I got an erection when I first saw Shambhala in Uncharted 2?

Yeah. It wasn't all that awesome. I mean, it was amazing and looked great, but nothing extraordinary.

Now, when you're on top of the hotel in Napal, that's fucking erection-making. Just looking out at all of the building and the mountains makes my jeans rip a little.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-18 22:18:00

i got a boner when the building was falling over with you in it. And Uncharted 2 delivered for me definately not to the magnitude that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic delivered but pretty close i didnt hype it that much as opposed to MGS4 which did kind of dissapoint me. But i mean yeah the game needed more of that horny old man we know as Sully

PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 00:29:40

At 10/18/09 11:42 PM, Hycran wrote: Ultimately my biggest problem with DU2 was the fact that shambala was exposed to the open air.
Dont they have fucking google earth?

Good point. I never thought of that. The only thing I can think of is that it is constantly covered by clouds, and the satellites couldn't penetrate it.

Besides, it would be almost impossible to specifically find something on Google Earth that no one knows exists, let alone where it could be. Although, come to think of it, they did find Nessie on Google Earth

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 03:41:00

At 10/18/09 09:59 PM, TheThing wrote: There was a twist? (*****possible spoiler******) What, with the Chintamoni Stone being the resin? (*******end spoiler********)

The magic McGuffin in both turns people into monsters.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 06:18:12

At 10/18/09 11:42 PM, Hycran wrote: Ultimately my biggest problem with DU2 was the fact that shambala was exposed to the open air.
Dont they have fucking google earth?

It's enclosed by a huge mountain range and has magic over the top.

I thought the exact same thing as TheMaster while playing it (Where's Sully? Bring back Eddy somehow, is the twist really going to be near identical?) I still don't look at it as a letdown though. Those slight flaws are more than made up for by the improved blend of platforming and combat and the overall technical competence. The game looks ridiculously better and the train level just blew my mind.

Also, I liked the handling of the twist a lot more this time. In Uncharted 1, the new enemies were easier than the pirates to kill because they took around the same number of bullets and had no ranged attacks. In Uncharted 2, though, the new enemies are an actual new component to the game.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 11:11:28

Uncharted 2 beat on Hard 10 hours and some change.

Running through on Crushing then Reg to pick up any straggler Trophy's for Platinum run.

U2 Looked so god dam crisp. The Gameplay was Fantastic and the Story was good as well. I agree fuck the Armored Shotguners. Those pricks were harder to kill than the Guardians or the Gatling Units.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 11:59:15

At 10/18/09 04:23 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
Yes. I mean seriously, there was nothing special about the look of the place, looked familiar to, lets say, some sort of rainforest upon first glance.

PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU PLAYED ON NORMAL FAGGOT

At 10/18/09 09:59 PM, TheThing wrote: Now, when you're on top of the hotel in Napal, that's fucking erection-making. Just looking out at all of the building and the mountains makes my jeans rip a little.

Mmmmmmmmyes

I had a few problems with Uncharted 2:
1. Deja vu deja vu deja vu deja vu deja vu deja vu deja vu deja vu
2. Chloe didn't die. Seriously, Claudia Black always seems to make her characters more annoying
3. It needed a hell of a lot more Sully

It's still fantastic though.

But I don't see why everyone hated the armoured shotgunners. I thought they were really fun to fist fight and I was playing on Hard. Lazarevic was hard as cocks, however.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 12:04:11

At 10/19/09 11:59 AM, IrishGun wrote: But I don't see why everyone hated the armoured shotgunners. I thought they were really fun to fist fight and I was playing on Hard. Lazarevic was hard as cocks, however.

This. Shotgun guys where easy, just need to score a couple of headshots, and the boss was insane.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 12:40:01

Shotguns were just annoying. The final boss was easy as hell. I don't know why you had such a Hard time. Run around shoot some tree sap and bada ding bada boom hes done.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 12:48:13

At 10/19/09 12:40 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Shotguns were just annoying.

Find better cover.

The final boss was easy as hell. I don't know why you had such a Hard time. Run around shoot some tree sap and bada ding bada boom hes done.

No.

See, I think that fucker cheats.

He was running across that giant branch, and then he suddenly jumps me from around a corner on the other side of the level and throws me into the fire.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 13:11:20

At 10/19/09 12:48 PM, IrishGun wrote:
Find better cover.

I dont die by them just have to use to many fucking rounds to the dome.

The final boss was easy as hell. I don't know why you had such a Hard time. Run around shoot some tree sap and bada ding bada boom hes done.
No.

See, I think that fucker cheats.

He was running across that giant branch, and then he suddenly jumps me from around a corner on the other side of the level and throws me into the fire.

HA! You kidding right? I just ran down from where you start shoot the sap then to the left wait for him then hit the sap behind you then around the fire hit the two saps on the way to the stairs then on top of the stairs across the branch hit the sap and repeat. Easy As Pie.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 13:21:20

At 10/19/09 01:11 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: I dont die by them just have to use to many fucking rounds to the dome.

Use grenades.

If you're out of them, go and melee him.

HA! You kidding right? I just ran down from where you start shoot the sap then to the left wait for him then hit the sap behind you then around the fire hit the two saps on the way to the stairs then on top of the stairs across the branch hit the sap and repeat. Easy As Pie.

You lost me at 'ha'.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 14:12:21

At 10/19/09 01:36 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Anyone up for some Borderland when it comes out?

I know I'm picking it up tomorrow

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 14:25:30

At 10/19/09 01:36 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Anyone up for some Borderland when it comes out?

I'll see my copy in 2010 because of the postal strike.

I like the look of that one but I'm going to wait and see what the critics have to say about it. I look forward to hearing what the think about it when you get it next February.

I've been playing Eat Lead lately and to be honest, it isn't THAT bad. Worth picking up for a sub £8 price.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 14:28:57

At 10/19/09 12:48 PM, IrishGun wrote:
Find better cover.

And use the Pistole. Seriously, 1, maybe 2 headshots will kill an armored shotgunner.

I think that gun is the most underrated sidearm ever.

No.

Yeah, just run away. The only problem I had was keep track of him. Otherwise, I just beat him on my first run through. Granted, I was on Normal, but the strategy was easy.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 15:40:51

Hell yes matey.

Preordered mine from Zavvi (I think...I can't actually remember), only 30 quid for a game I know will last me a while, I love RPGs and I love FPSs, I'ma love Borderlands.

I'll see my copy in 2010 because of the postal strike.

hm same probably.

fucking shitty english postal service.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 15:57:19

I might trade some games in for it...

I haven't bought a game since...I think inFamous.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 15:57:54

Anyone seen the trailers for MAG?

My trousers tore.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 16:14:43

Demon Souls has been out for 11 days?

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 17:07:45

At 10/19/09 04:07 PM, xscoot wrote: A friend of mine rented Demon's Souls.

He beat the entire game as a Knight in 11 days with the first set of armor/weapons he had, calling it an easy game that was only worth a rent.

Either he's lying or is an insanely good gamer.

I assume the former, seeing as how 90% of the game is trial and harsh, harsh error.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 18:01:35

I should have come here earlier.
PSN ID: Stiller3.
You can find me on madden, RE5, Killzone 2, GTA4 (unlikely), COD4 (also unlikely) or some random demo/rental.

Stuff.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 20:39:50

There are some people who are just really good at Demon's Souls. I met this kid who's on his 5th run through of the game already, and has beaten the game on multiple accounts also. Some people are just insane.

My character is starting to become almost unstoppable, I love how once you start to get good at the game you feel like such a badass.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 22:25:42

At 10/19/09 03:57 PM, Dromedary wrote: Anyone seen the trailers for MAG?

My trousers tore.

My trousers tore when I first heard about it. I'm just hoping that it lives up to the hype.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-19 22:37:25

Apparently GoW pack is delayed. Only slightly though.