00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nickker101 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

759,790 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-13 13:59:17

At 10/13/09 01:17 PM, iateamexican wrote:
At 10/13/09 12:42 PM, IrishGun wrote: Broken Steel should've been called 'Broken DLC'.

It's fucking awful.
Buy a PC :D

Lolwut D:

Also Mothership Zeta is better.

A few people think Point Lookout's better, but I'll get that too when I get the chance.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-13 14:37:20

At 10/13/09 12:42 PM, IrishGun wrote: Broken Steel should've been called 'Broken DLC'.

It's fucking awful.

Im Getting GOTY of the year version, dont have the memory for the DLC itself

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-13 15:15:01

At 10/13/09 02:37 PM, jtm17 wrote: Im Getting GOTY of the year version

Same, but I'm getting it for PC. It's so not a console game.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-13 16:32:45

At 10/13/09 04:25 PM, xscoot wrote: Shit, I meant to say that it costs 20 more, not 20. The GOTY edition is 70 bucks.

GOTY is £25 ($40) on PC over here, and £30 ($48) on consoles.

Oh, and I just bought Uncharted 2. I haven't opened the case yet, but it's pulsing with pure ecstasy.

I'll pick it up on Friday. Not out here till then.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-13 17:39:36

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-13 18:49:07

At 10/13/09 01:17 PM, iateamexican wrote: Also Mothership Zeta is better.

Mothership Zeta is awful, just as bad as Operation Anchorage.

In fact, all Fallout 3 DLC is more or less crap. Only reason why Broken Steel should be purchased is because of the level cap increase.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 00:41:07

At 10/13/09 04:32 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Oh, and I just bought Uncharted 2. I haven't opened the case yet, but it's pulsing with pure ecstasy.
I'll pick it up on Friday. Not out here till then.

That blows. Although you may still be playing it before me...

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 00:56:12

I've been playing Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 all day. Brutal Legend might be one of the most fun games I've played in awhile, and Uncharted 2 is amazingly cinematic and the environments are scary realistic sometimes. Both are definitely worth picking up, or at least renting.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 01:56:11

At 10/14/09 01:10 AM, Hycran wrote: Finally beat flamelurker and am wandering through 3-1.

And how the fuck did you do that?

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 03:44:17

At 10/14/09 01:10 AM, Hycran wrote: Finally beat flamelurker and am wandering through 3-1. Ended up getting lost and shutter down for the night. I'm finally starting to feel a bit more powerful, especially with a bunch of loot starting to pile up in the bank. Getting the plat is going to be a bitch though =/

Your starting to overtake me D:

I've spent ages doing a bit of grinding to get some stat upgrades, and I managed to scavenge the Purple Flame Shield from near the Dragons in 1-1, that was kinda scary :p also got the magicky sword in 4-1, past the fucking katana skeleton of d0000m.

aaaaand I still got killed by the Flamelurker >_<

got him down to about 20%hp and he went apeshit, like some FFXII bosses do when they're at critical hp, pain in the arse. I'll try again later.

to get the plat trophy i believe you have to play through the game 2 and a half times..

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 04:36:31

At 10/14/09 03:44 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: scavenge the Purple Flame Shield from near the Dragons in 1-1, that was kinda scary

Is it possible to get it without killing the red dragon? I'm just too lazy to sit there and do it.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 04:48:03

At 10/14/09 04:36 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Is it possible to get it without killing the red dragon? I'm just too lazy to sit there and do it.

'tis indeed, run forward to bait him into attacking and quickly leg it out of range, that gives you about an extra 2/3 secs to grab it when he finishes, run alongside the cliffwall underhim while blocking and it should be the 3rd-ish item you can grab, mostly likely the last one you can get before the blue dragon rapes you.

If not keep trying till all the items on the right side are gone, its definately one of them though i heard that a certain event in the game triggers it to spawn, but its thats true i'm sure you've done it =)

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 11:41:30

At 10/13/09 01:59 PM, IrishGun wrote: A few people think Point Lookout's better, but I'll get that too when I get the chance.

Mothership Zeta > Broken Steel > Point Lookout > Operation: Anchorage.
Thats my opinion at least.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 11:55:07

At 10/14/09 01:10 AM, Hycran wrote: Getting the plat is going to be a bitch though =/

But you're Hycran, games cower in fear at the very sight of you.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 13:32:06

At 10/13/09 06:49 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 10/13/09 01:17 PM, iateamexican wrote: Also Mothership Zeta is better.
Mothership Zeta is awful, just as bad as Operation Anchorage.

so you did get playing it cousin

In fact, all Fallout 3 DLC is more or less crap. Only reason why Broken Steel should be purchased is because of the level cap increase.

Bubububut you said Point Lookout was good D:

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 16:35:40

At 10/14/09 01:32 PM, IrishGun wrote: so you did get playing it cousin

yes cousin

Bubububut you said Point Lookout was good D:

it's average at best my cousin. ignore any tosser who says the 'storyline is good' and that the 'ending is great', they lie.

and I know I'm late, but I finally got around to playing Bioshock again earlier, got up to the part where you get that camera, and decided that this game is awesome.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 16:56:52

Gotten 16 chapters in to uncharted 2, and played my fair share of multiplayer. The only gripe i have with this game so far is that you can't play survival on every map.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 17:06:14

I finally got through Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The game's excellent for one playthrough, but I doubt I'll make a second run through it because I have Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend showing up today, and I already have Demon's Souls. Instead of blitzing through a 12ish hour game in three or so sittings like I did last year and over the summer, I pretty much played one hour at a time; I really didn't have the time to do it any other way. I actually found the overall experience to be much more enjoyable played in this manner. I'll probably revert back to playing games rapidly once things slow down second semester, but for now, playing games progressively is nice.

Back to Ninja Giaden Sigma 2 though, I think I prefer Ninja Gaiden's combat to God of War's. It's a bit unfair to compare the two, since God of War III isn't out yet, but since the combat looks the same as the last two iterations, the comparison should still hold true. God of War wins in presentation, graphics, and puzzles, though. I didn't care too much for the added combat; none of the added levels in the story were as fun as playing as Ryu. The game follows a Japanese practice I'm not too fond of where you end up fighting each boss two or three times. I haven't touched co-op, so I have no idea how that is. Overall, a really solid action game.

Naughty Dog employee confirms cross-game voice chat for the next FW update. He deleted his post, which makes it even more believable, but someone quoted him.

I think they wanted people to have fun and ejoy the show since all dead players can talk to each other no matter what team you are on. But I will suggest it anyway. Not to mention that the next PS3 firmware update is going to allow cross game chat. So if players use that instead of in game communication then they would also be able to communicate enemies positions.

I still don't care about cross-game chat.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 17:13:59

Uncharted 2 or Brutal Legend is on the way from GameFly. Both were low but I know I'm going to get one soon. To be honest I don't care as much about them as I do for the sole reason I kept my PS3.

PS3's online lounge

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 17:32:27

Uncharted 2 is the best thing since sliced bread

PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 19:44:24

Uncharted 2 finally shipped. Should arrive tomorrow; it's coming from the next state over. Can't be traveling more than 100 miles.

At 10/14/09 04:35 PM, ShadowWest wrote: and I know I'm late, but I finally got around to playing Bioshock again earlier, got up to the part where you get that camera, and decided that this game is awesome.

Quite an awesome game. But it's a bitch to play on Survivor (?), the hardest difficult and no Vita Chambers. I started to do that, but I forgot to save for a long time, died, then raged. Then a few other games came into my life, and then I just ran out of time to do anything. Going to complete it soon though; I'm going for the 3 or 4 gold/silver trophies I'll get for doing it.

At 10/14/09 05:06 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: I still don't care about cross-game chat.

I don't know. Ever since it was rumored, I've realized that pausing a game to message someone is a pain in the ass, especially if you want them to join your game. Granted, I doubt I'll be using it too much, but it'll be helpful when I do.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-14 19:53:56

At 10/14/09 07:44 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 10/14/09 05:06 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: I still don't care about cross-game chat.
I don't know. Ever since it was rumored, I've realized that pausing a game to message someone is a pain in the ass, especially if you want them to join your game. Granted, I doubt I'll be using it too much, but it'll be helpful when I do.

You will use it and you'll appreciate it. It's one of those things I didn't know I wanted until after it was given in an update. It's a double edge sword though.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-15 01:36:54

At 10/14/09 08:39 PM, Hycran wrote: Summoned 2 guys.

That's how I just beat him. I helped this one guy beat him, so in turn he helped me. Turned out he's a veteran at it who has multiple accounts, I had just helped his newest one. He came back and helped me with a character that had this huge fuggin ax that did 350 dmg a swing. JESUS CHRIST

Beat the boss of 3-1, really really easy, had to do it twice though, wont say why ;)

Is 3-1 the prison level? I haven't tackled that one yet because I hate the fact that if you get hit by those octopus things projectile you're basically fucked.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-15 02:11:05

I finally beat Uncharted 2. The last boss fight and ending this time was much more satisfying than the first game. Naughty Dog did a great all around job.

I also just played my first game on Uncharted 2's multiplayer and I came to the realization that I suck at it! I foolishly played all the way through the single player and didn't think to instantly get into the multiplayer until after that, unlike some of the people who I played with, who I can assure you haven't touched the single player yet. I know I'll get better the more I play. (though 3rd person shooter multiplayer just feels strange)

Man can't wait for Modern Warfare 2 to come out and have the same thing happen.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-15 03:08:35

At 10/15/09 02:11 AM, 36Holla wrote: who I can assure you haven't touched the single player yet.

I've been playing it's multiplayer for awhile now, back when it was out in beta and the public demo. So I'm pretty good at the multiplayer, but I haven't touched the full version yet. So all the good players are probably good because they played the demo.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-15 05:04:13

I've started playing Eat Lead and fuck me, it gives you some easy trophies - I got a bronze earlier for pausing the game.

The game isn't that bad either.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-15 07:38:13

At 10/15/09 01:36 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: That's how I just beat him. I helped this one guy beat him, so in turn he helped me. Turned out he's a veteran at it who has multiple accounts, I had just helped his newest one. He came back and helped me with a character that had this huge fuggin ax that did 350 dmg a swing. JESUS CHRIST

One of the many reasons why I love Demons Souls.

Haven't played it for 3 days now D: got caught up in college and work, but i'll try and slug my way through some more chapters of different levels.

Btw DS buddies, if you haven't already I'd strongly suggest checking out this site, it's extremely fucking useful.

I wouldnt bother looking at the japanese maps though, takes the fun out of exploring =3

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-15 08:53:52

Got my DIRT 2 platinum, I'm now officially cooler than I was yesterday.

IN MY MIND

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-15 09:24:07

I was thinking of getting Uncharted 2, but after hearing how short the campaign is I think I may just rent it instead and save my money for Borderlands. Anyone want to try and change my mind, or am I going the right way with this? I think BL and MW2 will keep me more occupied in terms of multiplayer so once I'm done with Uncharted 2's campaign I don't really think I'll go back to it.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-10-15 10:43:29

Out of interest what kind of character did you guys make on Demons Souls? My Soldier is rather shit atm which sucks, so I started a new game and made a Thief, and I plan on using magic with him as well.

Should make some boss fights a little easier using soul arrow and shizz.