00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lazyliving456 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

750,317 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 13:51:02

At 3/1/09 01:46 PM, iateamexican wrote:
At 3/1/09 01:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: GCSE modules are piss. Dead short, and most are even multiple fucking choice.
Indeed, in the highest science class in the entire school with Multiple choice questions.
Lawl.

Your final exam wont be, if it's anything like mine was, it'll be written. Still not hard though. I did nowt for them until like the night before, crammed like a motherfucker, and got an A* in all 3 sciences.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 14:04:49

Soooo I'm thinking of buying a PS3 headset.

Does anyone recommend the official PS3 headset? Or should I just go for a cheaper one?

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 14:05:10

At 3/1/09 01:51 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/1/09 01:46 PM, iateamexican wrote:
At 3/1/09 01:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: GCSE modules are piss. Dead short, and most are even multiple fucking choice.
Indeed, in the highest science class in the entire school with Multiple choice questions.
Lawl.
Your final exam wont be, if it's anything like mine was, it'll be written. Still not hard though. I did nowt for them until like the night before, crammed like a motherfucker, and got an A* in all 3 sciences.

I suck ass at Physics, but for the past 2 or 3 weeks all of our lessons have been exams, Bs, As and A*s in Chem and Bio.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 14:06:40

At 3/1/09 02:04 PM, Jack wrote: Soooo I'm thinking of buying a PS3 headset.

Does anyone recommend the official PS3 headset? Or should I just go for a cheaper one?

I use it, and it's fine. Never used anything else, so I can't compare. Decent battery life, and it does the job.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 14:28:07

At 3/1/09 02:06 PM, TheMaster wrote:

I use it, and it's fine. Never used anything else, so I can't compare. Decent battery life, and it does the job.

That's good enough for me.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 14:30:50

At 3/1/09 02:28 PM, Jack wrote: That's good enough for me.

We're all set for some quoting awesomeness when Colonial Marines finally comes out, then.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 14:51:18

At 3/1/09 12:55 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: It took long enough for Konami to start talking about it. Seeing as most trophies are not retro active, Jerk will have to do his Big Boss emblem again if he wanted a certain trophy. Trust me I know how it feels after hearing GTA IV got trophies a couple of months after I did a 100% run through making me hate the game.

I wouldn't really mind. I can always play MGS4 through again. I do still have every save from the big boss run though, so theoretically, I could just load up the save right before the final fight with Liquid, beat that, and get the trophy. I also have a save setup for the Chicken run. I'm still sticking with them only being included in a Substance/Subsistence version though. They'd be out by now if they were ever going to be patched.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 15:25:02

Done the second chapter of Dead Space. Loving it so far. Definitely scarier at night, although the fact I have fuck tons of Pulse Rifle ammo, and can blow anything away with it in seconds, does lessen the threat a bit. I assume that's not the case on harder difficulties, though.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 15:47:48

At 3/1/09 02:30 PM, TheMaster wrote:
We're all set for some quoting awesomeness when Colonial Marines finally comes out, then.

oh fuck yes

"They mostly come out at night...mostly..."

like Paul....I KID I KID, I love you really :3
tons of Pulse Rifle ammo, and can blow anything away with it in seconds

lolwut, is this your first playthrough of the game?

if it is, you don't even get the schematic for the Pulse rifle till like halfway through the game...

if it's not, then blabbleflaggart.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 16:59:42

At 3/1/09 03:47 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: lolwut, is this your first playthrough of the game?

if it is, you don't even get the schematic for the Pulse rifle till like halfway through the game...

if it's not, then blabbleflaggart.

First playthrough, on easy. It was in the store the first time I went to it. Line Gun and Pulse Rifle, they were both there straight away. I've just finished chapter 3 and I've got the Ripper and Flamethrower now, too.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 17:10:28

At 3/1/09 02:30 PM, TheMaster wrote:

Don't remind me of that game. I was hoping for a summer release, but now, who knows..

I'm trying to get the original AVP PC games on my Mac to make myself feel better. However it's difficult to find AVP2 for the Mac without paying silly money.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 17:15:46

At 3/1/09 05:10 PM, Jack wrote: I'm trying to get the original AVP PC games on my Mac to make myself feel better. However it's difficult to find AVP2 for the Mac without paying silly money.

I've got AVP 1 Gold Edition next to me, for PC. I've only beaten the Marine campaign. Predator is too hard, and Alien makes me feel ill, with all the wall running and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 17:42:18

At 3/1/09 05:15 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/1/09 05:10 PM, Jack wrote: I'm trying to get the original AVP PC games on my Mac to make myself feel better. However it's difficult to find AVP2 for the Mac without paying silly money.
I've got AVP 1 Gold Edition next to me, for PC. I've only beaten the Marine campaign. Predator is too hard, and Alien makes me feel ill, with all the wall running and whatnot.

Ah, well I found a copy of AVP on eBay. To be honest, I don't remember it that well.

I bought AVP2 and the expansion pack first, then the original game. AVP2 is one of my favorite games but like I say, it don't remember the original one much.

STILL GONNA BUY IT THOUGH

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 17:44:25

The fucking motion sensor, man. That was the single greatest tension building tool in any game ever. Fuck Resident Evil or Silent Hill, nothing in either of those series is as scary as when that thing starts to beep faster.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 21:27:17

So I finished Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty last night and I have to say it was suprisingly very enjoyable for me. I never really touched the series until now and now I plan on buying ToD. The only thing is that it is still 60 bucks. So either I will buy a used copy or wait for a price drop.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 22:47:47

At 3/1/09 09:27 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: So I finished Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty last night and I have to say it was suprisingly very enjoyable for me. I never really touched the series until now and now I plan on buying ToD. The only thing is that it is still 60 bucks. So either I will buy a used copy or wait for a price drop.

Wow, it's incredible that they haven't dropped the price on a game that's been out over a year. It should really be on the platinum games list.Maybe they'll drop it in anticipation of the sequel later this year?

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 22:52:38

At 3/1/09 10:47 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 3/1/09 09:27 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: So I finished Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty last night and I have to say it was suprisingly very enjoyable for me. I never really touched the series until now and now I plan on buying ToD. The only thing is that it is still 60 bucks. So either I will buy a used copy or wait for a price drop.
Wow, it's incredible that they haven't dropped the price on a game that's been out over a year. It should really be on the platinum games list.Maybe they'll drop it in anticipation of the sequel later this year?

That's what I thought. The game has been out since late 2007 you would think there would be some sort of price cut by now. I can get it used at Game Stop for $40 which isn't too bad. I know the next DLC expansion is coming sometime Fall 2009 so they should definitely drop the price of the game and put in a free download code for the first expansion. That would boost sales.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 22:58:11

Also,

God of War 3: 3-10-2010
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 10/1/2009
Bioshock 2 10-5-09
inFamous 5-1-09
Tekken 6 10-27-09
Prototype 6-16-09

PS3's online lounge

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 23:11:06

At 3/1/09 11:01 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 3/1/09 10:58 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Also,
No gran turismo 5?

I really want to race on the Top Gear track. It better come out early 2010. It's likely they'll delay with finishing touches and getting permissions from car manufacturers.

Well I know that is all Gamestop knows right now. There are going to be games added to that list and dates will be switched around. So maybe.

Forza Motorsport 3 will be out this year probably though.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 23:36:15

At 3/1/09 11:25 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: If you want a site with generally accurate release dates I go to a site called VGreleases.com. It's part of the N4G network. But to be honest it's like wikipedia, anyone can put a release date on there.

I already know of both these sites and am already members of both =p

Halo Wars on Tuesday is what I'm going to be playing.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 23:53:40

At 3/1/09 10:52 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I know the next DLC expansion is coming sometime Fall 2009 so theyear y should definitely drop the price of the game and put in a free download code for the first expansion. That would boost sales.

It's not confirmed either way, but I would bet on the fall 2009 game being a full retail disc game, not an expansion. That would fall in line with Insomniac's one big game a policy. You know how well my Ratchet and Clank predictions turn out though... If that's the case, a price cut seems even more likely. Having Ratchet and Clank Future 1 and 2 both priced at $60 would be ridiculous.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 05:53:28

The Ratchet and Clank ToD demo didn't do much for me. I really enjoyed the PS2 games, but the demo didn't really feel like much of a step up, and I didn't fancy paying full price for it. I'll probably pick it up when it's cheap.

At 3/1/09 11:40 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I would avoid it. RTS on a console is not right. See Civilization Revolution as an example. It's either be an extremely dumbed down RTS or just plain not fun.

I enjoyed it. My brother has it, and I've had a go, and it all works. It is a bit dumbed down compared to PC counterparts, but it's still good. Not great, but good.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 09:11:20

At 3/1/09 12:18 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: UNIFORM VIOLATION

I SHIT YOU NOT.

I use one made by Gioteck (same people that make "Real Triggers"). That'll last at least 6 hours on a full charge and you can get one for about £20. It does it's job well and looks awesome.

I was in the top 6% for Killzone for this week. And I have a bunch of trophies for it already. The scout class is really fun due to the cloak. I was standing in the middle of a corridor on the academy map with it on and chose someone as my victim. I waited until he/she was right up close and let rip with the sniper rifle. I then ran off giggling like a school girl before he/she knew what had happened.

POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 10:54:36

At 3/1/09 11:40 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I would avoid it. RTS on a console is not right. See Civilization Revolution as an example. It's either be an extremely dumbed down RTS or just plain not fun.

I played the demo and was actually impressed. The controls are well thought out and easy to use and it isn't dumbed down all that too much. It is the perfect balance. And best of all, it is fun. The story is interesting and the cut scenes are gorgeous.

Plus I want the Halo 3 mythic map pack =p

On www.halowars.com it shows there are around 380k people that have signed in online already, and that is before the North American launch. Killzone 2 so far has an estimated 750k+ with North American Launch probably falling just short or around 1 million by the end of the week so it is going to be a tight battle between KZ2 and Halo Wars sales and I love it.

At 3/1/09 11:53 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: It's not confirmed either way, but I would bet on the fall 2009 game being a full retail disc game, not an expansion. That would fall in line with Insomniac's one big game a policy. You know how well my Ratchet and Clank predictions turn out though... If that's the case, a price cut seems even more likely. Having Ratchet and Clank Future 1 and 2 both priced at $60 would be ridiculous.

Agreed. I would borrow a copy from someone but as a law of science no one in the United States owns a PS3, only Xbox 360s.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 11:07:39

At 3/2/09 09:11 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
I use one made by Gioteck (same people that make "Real Triggers"). That'll last at least 6 hours on a full charge and you can get one for about £20. It does it's job well and looks awesome.

Thanks for the suggestion. Although I bought the official one last night - £17.99 on Play.com!

I was in the top 6% for Killzone for this week. And I have a bunch of trophies for it already. The scout class is really fun due to the cloak. I was standing in the middle of a corridor on the academy map with it on and chose someone as my victim. I waited until he/she was right up close and let rip with the sniper rifle. I then ran off giggling like a school girl before he/she knew what had happened.

Yeah, I was in the top 10%. Got a bronze out of it. Woo!

btw heads up to those in the UK and that have a credit/debit card. Play.com are doing LittleBigPlanet for £12.99. Never played the game but it seems like a decent price.

Baby Britain.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 11:34:12

At 3/2/09 11:20 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I was thinking the same exact thing about the Killzone 2 controls and then I started looking up about it on forums to see if it was just me and apparently it is a huge thing.

It's the reason I didn't buy it. I don't care how good the rest of the game is, if you can't control it properly, it's going to be shit.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 11:46:05

At 3/2/09 11:34 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/2/09 11:20 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I was thinking the same exact thing about the Killzone 2 controls and then I started looking up about it on forums to see if it was just me and apparently it is a huge thing.
It's the reason I didn't buy it. I don't care how good the rest of the game is, if you can't control it properly, it's going to be shit.

It is annoying me a bit. I suppose I could get use to it over time but it just doesn't feel right.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 12:06:06

At 3/2/09 11:46 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 3/2/09 11:34 AM, TheMaster wrote:

It is annoying me a bit. I suppose I could get use to it over time but it just doesn't feel right.

Well I've not had a problem with it. I havn't noticed any input lag or any other issues at all. You should get it though. Sure the story is a bit pants but the multiplayer more than makes up for that.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 12:18:36

Wow, I didnt know it was that bad.
My controller was fine.

BBS Signature