Be a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

  • 570,743 Views
  • 16,556 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jack
Jack
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 17:10:28 Reply

At 3/1/09 02:30 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/1/09 02:28 PM, Jack wrote: That's good enough for me.
We're all set for some quoting awesomeness when Colonial Marines finally comes out, then.

Don't remind me of that game. I was hoping for a summer release, but now, who knows..

I'm trying to get the original AVP PC games on my Mac to make myself feel better. However it's difficult to find AVP2 for the Mac without paying silly money.


Baby Britain.
Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 17:15:46 Reply

At 3/1/09 05:10 PM, Jack wrote: I'm trying to get the original AVP PC games on my Mac to make myself feel better. However it's difficult to find AVP2 for the Mac without paying silly money.

I've got AVP 1 Gold Edition next to me, for PC. I've only beaten the Marine campaign. Predator is too hard, and Alien makes me feel ill, with all the wall running and whatnot.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Jack
Jack
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 17:42:18 Reply

At 3/1/09 05:15 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/1/09 05:10 PM, Jack wrote: I'm trying to get the original AVP PC games on my Mac to make myself feel better. However it's difficult to find AVP2 for the Mac without paying silly money.
I've got AVP 1 Gold Edition next to me, for PC. I've only beaten the Marine campaign. Predator is too hard, and Alien makes me feel ill, with all the wall running and whatnot.

Ah, well I found a copy of AVP on eBay. To be honest, I don't remember it that well.

I bought AVP2 and the expansion pack first, then the original game. AVP2 is one of my favorite games but like I say, it don't remember the original one much.

STILL GONNA BUY IT THOUGH

Baby Britain.
Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 17:44:25 Reply

The fucking motion sensor, man. That was the single greatest tension building tool in any game ever. Fuck Resident Evil or Silent Hill, nothing in either of those series is as scary as when that thing starts to beep faster.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 21:27:17 Reply

So I finished Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty last night and I have to say it was suprisingly very enjoyable for me. I never really touched the series until now and now I plan on buying ToD. The only thing is that it is still 60 bucks. So either I will buy a used copy or wait for a price drop.

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 22:47:47 Reply

At 3/1/09 09:27 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: So I finished Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty last night and I have to say it was suprisingly very enjoyable for me. I never really touched the series until now and now I plan on buying ToD. The only thing is that it is still 60 bucks. So either I will buy a used copy or wait for a price drop.

Wow, it's incredible that they haven't dropped the price on a game that's been out over a year. It should really be on the platinum games list.Maybe they'll drop it in anticipation of the sequel later this year?


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 22:52:38 Reply

At 3/1/09 10:47 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 3/1/09 09:27 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: So I finished Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty last night and I have to say it was suprisingly very enjoyable for me. I never really touched the series until now and now I plan on buying ToD. The only thing is that it is still 60 bucks. So either I will buy a used copy or wait for a price drop.
Wow, it's incredible that they haven't dropped the price on a game that's been out over a year. It should really be on the platinum games list.Maybe they'll drop it in anticipation of the sequel later this year?

That's what I thought. The game has been out since late 2007 you would think there would be some sort of price cut by now. I can get it used at Game Stop for $40 which isn't too bad. I know the next DLC expansion is coming sometime Fall 2009 so they should definitely drop the price of the game and put in a free download code for the first expansion. That would boost sales.

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 22:58:11 Reply

Also,

God of War 3: 3-10-2010
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 10/1/2009
Bioshock 2 10-5-09
inFamous 5-1-09
Tekken 6 10-27-09
Prototype 6-16-09

PS3's online lounge

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 23:11:06 Reply

At 3/1/09 11:01 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 3/1/09 10:58 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Also,
No gran turismo 5?

I really want to race on the Top Gear track. It better come out early 2010. It's likely they'll delay with finishing touches and getting permissions from car manufacturers.

Well I know that is all Gamestop knows right now. There are going to be games added to that list and dates will be switched around. So maybe.

Forza Motorsport 3 will be out this year probably though.

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 23:36:15 Reply

At 3/1/09 11:25 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: If you want a site with generally accurate release dates I go to a site called VGreleases.com. It's part of the N4G network. But to be honest it's like wikipedia, anyone can put a release date on there.

I already know of both these sites and am already members of both =p

Halo Wars on Tuesday is what I'm going to be playing.

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-01 23:53:40 Reply

At 3/1/09 10:52 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I know the next DLC expansion is coming sometime Fall 2009 so theyear y should definitely drop the price of the game and put in a free download code for the first expansion. That would boost sales.

It's not confirmed either way, but I would bet on the fall 2009 game being a full retail disc game, not an expansion. That would fall in line with Insomniac's one big game a policy. You know how well my Ratchet and Clank predictions turn out though... If that's the case, a price cut seems even more likely. Having Ratchet and Clank Future 1 and 2 both priced at $60 would be ridiculous.


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 05:53:28 Reply

The Ratchet and Clank ToD demo didn't do much for me. I really enjoyed the PS2 games, but the demo didn't really feel like much of a step up, and I didn't fancy paying full price for it. I'll probably pick it up when it's cheap.

At 3/1/09 11:40 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I would avoid it. RTS on a console is not right. See Civilization Revolution as an example. It's either be an extremely dumbed down RTS or just plain not fun.

I enjoyed it. My brother has it, and I've had a go, and it all works. It is a bit dumbed down compared to PC counterparts, but it's still good. Not great, but good.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 09:11:20 Reply

At 3/1/09 12:18 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: UNIFORM VIOLATION

I SHIT YOU NOT.

At 3/1/09 02:04 PM, Jack wrote: Soooo I'm thinking of buying a PS3 headset.

Does anyone recommend the official PS3 headset? Or should I just go for a cheaper one?

I use one made by Gioteck (same people that make "Real Triggers"). That'll last at least 6 hours on a full charge and you can get one for about £20. It does it's job well and looks awesome.

I was in the top 6% for Killzone for this week. And I have a bunch of trophies for it already. The scout class is really fun due to the cloak. I was standing in the middle of a corridor on the academy map with it on and chose someone as my victim. I waited until he/she was right up close and let rip with the sniper rifle. I then ran off giggling like a school girl before he/she knew what had happened.

POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 10:54:36 Reply

At 3/1/09 11:40 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I would avoid it. RTS on a console is not right. See Civilization Revolution as an example. It's either be an extremely dumbed down RTS or just plain not fun.

I played the demo and was actually impressed. The controls are well thought out and easy to use and it isn't dumbed down all that too much. It is the perfect balance. And best of all, it is fun. The story is interesting and the cut scenes are gorgeous.

Plus I want the Halo 3 mythic map pack =p

On www.halowars.com it shows there are around 380k people that have signed in online already, and that is before the North American launch. Killzone 2 so far has an estimated 750k+ with North American Launch probably falling just short or around 1 million by the end of the week so it is going to be a tight battle between KZ2 and Halo Wars sales and I love it.

At 3/1/09 11:53 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: It's not confirmed either way, but I would bet on the fall 2009 game being a full retail disc game, not an expansion. That would fall in line with Insomniac's one big game a policy. You know how well my Ratchet and Clank predictions turn out though... If that's the case, a price cut seems even more likely. Having Ratchet and Clank Future 1 and 2 both priced at $60 would be ridiculous.

Agreed. I would borrow a copy from someone but as a law of science no one in the United States owns a PS3, only Xbox 360s.

Jack
Jack
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 11:07:39 Reply

At 3/2/09 09:11 AM, BobbaQ wrote:
I use one made by Gioteck (same people that make "Real Triggers"). That'll last at least 6 hours on a full charge and you can get one for about £20. It does it's job well and looks awesome.

Thanks for the suggestion. Although I bought the official one last night - £17.99 on Play.com!

I was in the top 6% for Killzone for this week. And I have a bunch of trophies for it already. The scout class is really fun due to the cloak. I was standing in the middle of a corridor on the academy map with it on and chose someone as my victim. I waited until he/she was right up close and let rip with the sniper rifle. I then ran off giggling like a school girl before he/she knew what had happened.

Yeah, I was in the top 10%. Got a bronze out of it. Woo!

btw heads up to those in the UK and that have a credit/debit card. Play.com are doing LittleBigPlanet for £12.99. Never played the game but it seems like a decent price.


Baby Britain.
Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 11:34:12 Reply

At 3/2/09 11:20 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I was thinking the same exact thing about the Killzone 2 controls and then I started looking up about it on forums to see if it was just me and apparently it is a huge thing.

It's the reason I didn't buy it. I don't care how good the rest of the game is, if you can't control it properly, it's going to be shit.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 11:46:05 Reply

At 3/2/09 11:34 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/2/09 11:20 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I was thinking the same exact thing about the Killzone 2 controls and then I started looking up about it on forums to see if it was just me and apparently it is a huge thing.
It's the reason I didn't buy it. I don't care how good the rest of the game is, if you can't control it properly, it's going to be shit.

It is annoying me a bit. I suppose I could get use to it over time but it just doesn't feel right.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 12:06:06 Reply

At 3/2/09 11:46 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 3/2/09 11:34 AM, TheMaster wrote:
It's the reason I didn't buy it. I don't care how good the rest of the game is, if you can't control it properly, it's going to be shit.

It is annoying me a bit. I suppose I could get use to it over time but it just doesn't feel right.

Well I've not had a problem with it. I havn't noticed any input lag or any other issues at all. You should get it though. Sure the story is a bit pants but the multiplayer more than makes up for that.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 12:18:36 Reply

Wow, I didnt know it was that bad.
My controller was fine.


BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 12:23:05 Reply

At 3/2/09 12:06 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Well I've not had a problem with it. I havn't noticed any input lag or any other issues at all. You should get it though. Sure the story is a bit pants but the multiplayer more than makes up for that.

I own the game =)

Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 13:11:42 Reply

At 3/2/09 12:23 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I own the game =)

I meant Master should get it, just to see what all the fuss is about. And I've just remembered that I was meant to add you to my friends on Friday. Bollocks >,<


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 13:19:37 Reply

At 3/2/09 01:11 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 3/2/09 12:23 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I own the game =)
I meant Master should get it, just to see what all the fuss is about. And I've just remembered that I was meant to add you to my friends on Friday. Bollocks >,<

Played the demo. It was shockingly bad. It's the same as every other PS3 exclusive, overhyped to fuck, and failing to deliver. Bar Metal Gear Solid 4, of course.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 13:42:59 Reply

At 3/2/09 01:33 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 3/2/09 01:19 PM, TheMaster wrote: Played the demo. It was shockingly bad. It's the same as every other PS3 exclusive, overhyped to fuck, and failing to deliver. Bar Metal Gear Solid 4, of course.
Have you tried messing around with the control settings?

Try Alternative 2, sensitivity 2 thirds up and zoom hold. Controller lag is still there. It's not like the AI are immune from the lag either.

The controls I didn't mind, it was just the sensitivity. I had it on max and it was still hopeless.

I'm not going to jump through hoops just to make the game fucking playable. I'm not paying money for something that's fundamentally broken.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 13:45:02 Reply

At 3/2/09 01:19 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/2/09 01:11 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 3/2/09 12:23 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I own the game =)
I meant Master should get it, just to see what all the fuss is about. And I've just remembered that I was meant to add you to my friends on Friday. Bollocks >,<
Played the demo. It was shockingly bad. It's the same as every other PS3 exclusive, overhyped to fuck, and failing to deliver. Bar Metal Gear Solid 4, of course.

I would have to agree with you on that one.

Also, why the fuck am I so short in the game? Halfway through I realized that standing up next to people I'm like a head shorter. Even compared to the girl. But in the cut scenes I'm of equal of greater height.

ZpLiNtEh
ZpLiNtEh
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 14:23:26 Reply

At 3/2/09 01:42 PM, TheMaster wrote:
I'm not going to jump through hoops just to make the game fucking playable. I'm not paying money for something that's fundamentally broken.

You must be exaggerating, it's unplayable for me at max sensitivity, I have to have it just above halfway, even then sometimes it's not enough, and I have to lower it when I get the sniper rifle.

Also, why the fuck am I so short in the game?

Yea I noticed that too, doesn't really bother me though, you don't notice unless you stand right next to them


I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 14:46:38 Reply

At 3/2/09 02:23 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
At 3/2/09 01:42 PM, TheMaster wrote:
I'm not going to jump through hoops just to make the game fucking playable. I'm not paying money for something that's fundamentally broken.
You must be exaggerating, it's unplayable for me at max sensitivity, I have to have it just above halfway, even then sometimes it's not enough, and I have to lower it when I get the sniper rifle.

Also, why the fuck am I so short in the game?
Yea I noticed that too, doesn't really bother me though, you don't notice unless you stand right next to them

It doesn't bother me but wtf haha? GG worked on the graphics part of this game for along time but they don't have the production quality and value like bigger companies do. It is a good game but IDK things like that you would think they would notice.

Absurd-Ditties
Absurd-Ditties
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 15:07:25 Reply

At 3/2/09 02:23 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: You must be exaggerating, it's unplayable for me at max sensitivity, I have to have it just above halfway, even then sometimes it's not enough, and I have to lower it when I get the sniper rifle.

The aiming is fundamentally flawed. The simulated weight or whatever it's supposed to be doesn't work. Being able to control your own fucking character shouldn't be part of the challenge, beating the enemies should.

I'll stick with Resistance 2, thanks.


Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 16:11:20 Reply

At 3/2/09 03:07 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'll stick with Resistance 2, thanks.

You mean the worst one?


V I D E O G A M E S

BBS Signature
Final2Legion
Final2Legion
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 16:22:25 Reply

Kinda late to join but my PSN ID is Unseen_Fury
i play killzone 2, warhawk, cod4, SOCOM:Confrontation, and Street Fighter 4
i used to play resistance but like the last one got boring within a week so yeah


PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature