00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

747,839 Views | 16,103 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 12:23:05

At 3/2/09 12:06 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Well I've not had a problem with it. I havn't noticed any input lag or any other issues at all. You should get it though. Sure the story is a bit pants but the multiplayer more than makes up for that.

I own the game =)

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 13:11:42

At 3/2/09 12:23 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I own the game =)

I meant Master should get it, just to see what all the fuss is about. And I've just remembered that I was meant to add you to my friends on Friday. Bollocks >,<

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 13:19:37

At 3/2/09 01:11 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
I meant Master should get it, just to see what all the fuss is about. And I've just remembered that I was meant to add you to my friends on Friday. Bollocks >,<

Played the demo. It was shockingly bad. It's the same as every other PS3 exclusive, overhyped to fuck, and failing to deliver. Bar Metal Gear Solid 4, of course.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 13:42:59

At 3/2/09 01:33 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 3/2/09 01:19 PM, TheMaster wrote: Played the demo. It was shockingly bad. It's the same as every other PS3 exclusive, overhyped to fuck, and failing to deliver. Bar Metal Gear Solid 4, of course.
Have you tried messing around with the control settings?

Try Alternative 2, sensitivity 2 thirds up and zoom hold. Controller lag is still there. It's not like the AI are immune from the lag either.

The controls I didn't mind, it was just the sensitivity. I had it on max and it was still hopeless.

I'm not going to jump through hoops just to make the game fucking playable. I'm not paying money for something that's fundamentally broken.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 13:45:02

At 3/2/09 01:19 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 3/2/09 01:11 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
Played the demo. It was shockingly bad. It's the same as every other PS3 exclusive, overhyped to fuck, and failing to deliver. Bar Metal Gear Solid 4, of course.

I would have to agree with you on that one.

Also, why the fuck am I so short in the game? Halfway through I realized that standing up next to people I'm like a head shorter. Even compared to the girl. But in the cut scenes I'm of equal of greater height.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 14:23:26

At 3/2/09 01:42 PM, TheMaster wrote:
I'm not going to jump through hoops just to make the game fucking playable. I'm not paying money for something that's fundamentally broken.

You must be exaggerating, it's unplayable for me at max sensitivity, I have to have it just above halfway, even then sometimes it's not enough, and I have to lower it when I get the sniper rifle.

Also, why the fuck am I so short in the game?

Yea I noticed that too, doesn't really bother me though, you don't notice unless you stand right next to them

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 14:46:38

At 3/2/09 02:23 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote:
At 3/2/09 01:42 PM, TheMaster wrote:
You must be exaggerating, it's unplayable for me at max sensitivity, I have to have it just above halfway, even then sometimes it's not enough, and I have to lower it when I get the sniper rifle.

Also, why the fuck am I so short in the game?
Yea I noticed that too, doesn't really bother me though, you don't notice unless you stand right next to them

It doesn't bother me but wtf haha? GG worked on the graphics part of this game for along time but they don't have the production quality and value like bigger companies do. It is a good game but IDK things like that you would think they would notice.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 15:07:25

At 3/2/09 02:23 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: You must be exaggerating, it's unplayable for me at max sensitivity, I have to have it just above halfway, even then sometimes it's not enough, and I have to lower it when I get the sniper rifle.

The aiming is fundamentally flawed. The simulated weight or whatever it's supposed to be doesn't work. Being able to control your own fucking character shouldn't be part of the challenge, beating the enemies should.

I'll stick with Resistance 2, thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 16:11:20

At 3/2/09 03:07 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'll stick with Resistance 2, thanks.

You mean the worst one?

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 16:22:25

Kinda late to join but my PSN ID is Unseen_Fury
i play killzone 2, warhawk, cod4, SOCOM:Confrontation, and Street Fighter 4
i used to play resistance but like the last one got boring within a week so yeah

PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 16:38:59

At 3/2/09 04:22 PM, Final2Legion wrote: cod4

Yeah, how about no?

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 16:44:11

I posted this on the Killzone 2 Online Barracks but

Can we play together for once? like an organized game. Not clan specific just a bit of fun :) also i have noticed that people often do 2 Vs. 2 games in order to get ribbons. i dont know how they are going to tackle this. but it ruins the fun when you earn nearly every medal in a matter of 3 hours

Then again i was doing it today for the magnum, but the other pistol is disgustingly weak.

anyways its an awesome game, and personally its a nice change from playing call of duty.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 17:07:58

At 3/2/09 03:07 PM, TheMaster wrote:
The aiming is fundamentally flawed. The simulated weight or whatever it's supposed to be doesn't work. Being able to control your own fucking character shouldn't be part of the challenge, beating the enemies should.

I really don't see what you're complaining about, I'd play this for 24 hours straight over any of the Call of Duty games any day.
To me, it's perfect.

to each his own...

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 17:54:39

At 3/2/09 05:39 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/0 2/viewing-your-playstation-trophies-on-p laystationcom/

Integration of trophies on playstation's website.

They're still trailing in that department aren't they. Stuff like that has been done on Live almost since day one.

Pretty cool though. I'm waiting for trophies to unlock in game stuff and what not.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 18:08:12

At 3/2/09 05:57 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 3/2/09 05:54 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: They're still trailing in that department aren't they. Stuff like that has been done on Live almost since day one.
Better late than never. Although a lot of games have their own website for stats. Examples include CoD:WaW, GTA IV and Killzone 2.

Pretty cool though. I'm waiting for trophies to unlock in game stuff and what not.
What? Unlocking in game stuff?

Well a lot of games do do that with the 360 such as Halo 3 and Gears 2 but Xbox.com shows you all your Achievements, compare them to friends, etc. You can do that through your Xbox as well.

By in game stuff I meant like clothes and shit for Home (which still doesn't work for me).

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 19:47:58

I finished Killzone 2.

The first level was boring and dark but as the game went on the levels got a bit more interesting and good looking.

They didn't have much variety when it came to levels but what can I expect it is Helgan a dark nazi-like place that isn't suppose to look like Flower.

All and all I give the campaign a 9/10.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 20:28:14

At 3/2/09 05:54 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
They're still trailing in that department aren't they. Stuff like that has been done on Live almost since day one.

It's still a W.I.P

But I want that 3.00 update.

Cmon ingame party / chat.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 20:35:34

At 3/2/09 08:28 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 3/2/09 05:54 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:

It's still a W.I.P

Xbox 360 =)

Just tried out the online and it is really fun. The gun moves with you like it would CoD4 and it is pretty entertaining.

I need a mic.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 20:41:24

At 3/2/09 08:35 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
It's still a W.I.P

Xbox 360 =)

Just tried out the online and it is really fun. The gun moves with you like it would CoD4 and it is pretty entertaining.

I need a mic.

Fuck 360. Sorry.

I sold my copy of KZ2 on last Tueday. Yes tuesday, 3 days before release. GameStop had it on the 24th.

I heard the online is actually more fast-paced than the campaign. As the turn speed is faster.

Get the Official Playstation Headset. 10 hour talktime / 400 hour standby.

One of the best headsets on the market.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 20:48:48

At 3/2/09 08:41 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 3/2/09 08:35 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
It's still a W.I.P

Xbox 360 =)

I need a mic.
Fuck 360. Sorry.

I sold my copy of KZ2 on last Tueday. Yes tuesday, 3 days before release. GameStop had it on the 24th.

I heard the online is actually more fast-paced than the campaign. As the turn speed is faster.

Get the Official Playstation Headset. 10 hour talktime / 400 hour standby.

One of the best headsets on the market.

The 360 has a better community set up by far. Much easier to get in contact with your friends, socialize, etc. You may not like them but a lot of the stuff the Playstation is getting in updates now has been with the 360 for a long time so they are obviously doing things right.

Anyway, I do plan on getting the official headset. I don't know when though because I don't know much people on PSN yet and I don't want to buy a headset and then have no one to talk to.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 20:55:11

At 3/2/09 08:48 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
The 360 has a better community set up by far. Much easier to get in contact with your friends, socialize, etc. You may not like them but a lot of the stuff the Playstation is getting in updates now has been with the 360 for a long time so they are obviously doing things right.

Anyway, I do plan on getting the official headset. I don't know when though because I don't know much people on PSN yet and I don't want to buy a headset and then have no one to talk to.

Of course it has a better market, I just have 2 problems with Microsoft's XBOX 360.

1. The P4P online.
2. The control scheme.

If they change this, or I buy the 360-PS3 controller mod as well, I would gladly make a switch or buy it.

Also if you want someone to talk to, add me. I have practically every good online game, tons of offline games, over 30 downloadable games except a few new ones which I'm looking to trade with someone.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 21:03:25

At 3/2/09 08:55 PM, scetch00 wrote: 1. The P4P online.
2. The control scheme.

The P4P I'm pretty much indifferent about. I don't really mind. As for as the controls go I actually prefer the 360 controller over the PS3, especially when it comes to shooters. I know there is a converter so that you can use your 360 controller on the PS3 but I don't know about vice versa.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 21:20:08

At 3/2/09 09:03 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
2. The control scheme.
The P4P I'm pretty much indifferent about. I don't really mind. As for as the controls go I actually prefer the 360 controller over the PS3, especially when it comes to shooters. I know there is a converter so that you can use your 360 controller on the PS3 but I don't know about vice versa.

1. I hate the D-Pad on 360, as it is a cheap plastic and isn't direct from the directions. Lol.
2. I hate how the analogs are in such different places. 2 symmetrical analogs seem good to me.

It's funny, I was just looking at PS3 to 360 and vice versa mods, and I stumbled across a $80 USB thing that enabled wired 360 controllers to be playable on the PS3.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 21:27:15

At 3/2/09 09:20 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 3/2/09 09:03 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
2. The control scheme.
1. I hate the D-Pad on 360, as it is a cheap plastic and isn't direct from the directions. Lol.
2. I hate how the analogs are in such different places. 2 symmetrical analogs seem good to me.

It's funny, I was just looking at PS3 to 360 and vice versa mods, and I stumbled across a $80 USB thing that enabled wired 360 controllers to be playable on the PS3.

The D-Pad is terrible, I'll give you that. I have been reading some rumors as of lately that there is going to be a new 360 controller released but that is just rumors. Will probably have to wait until E3 to see if that is true. As far as the analog sticks go I like it that way. I can work it fine the way the PS3 has it set up to but for shooters I have to say the 360 is more comfortable. I don't like the LI L2 R1 R2 set up on the PS3.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 21:34:09

At 3/2/09 09:27 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
I don't like the LI L2 R1 R2 set up on the PS3.

I find that funny as those shoulder buttons are mapped exactly as 360.

L1 - LB
L2 - LT
R1 - RB
R2 - RT

Am I right? Take a look at both the controllers.

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 22:20:19

At 3/2/09 09:34 PM, scetch00 wrote:

Sony had the buttons set up like that back in the PS1 days, so Microsoft copied them.

The 360's triggers (R2 and L2 in PS terms) feel more comfortable when playing a shooter, just because they feel like regular gun triggers. The PS3's pseudo-triggers are much more awkward, which is why a lot of games are reverting to the classic R1/L1 combo.

I agree that Sony should have either kept the buttons or made the R2/L2 things more convexed, but I like the R1 and L1 buttons over the bumpers the 360 has. Actually, I like everything about the PS3 controller besides the trigger things.

And I can't get KZ2 until tomorrow. I've been gone since Wednesday, came back late Saturday night, found out I didn't have enough to get it, had to wait for today to go the bank to get more money, only to wake up to 8 inches of snow. Fuck my life.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-02 22:46:11

At 3/2/09 09:34 PM, scetch00 wrote:

L1 - LB
L2 - LT
R1 - RB
R2 - RT

Am I right? Take a look at both the controllers.

I know what both of them look like but I'm talking about how 2 are bumpers and 2 are triggers on the 360 where as on the PS3 they are all triggers. I just prefer the feel of it that is all.

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-03 00:34:51

man everyone here is like a general and im not even captain yet but i can only play like an hour a day now BOO

PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-03 04:32:38

At 3/3/09 04:21 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 3/3/09 12:34 AM, Final2Legion wrote: man everyone here is like a general and im not even captain yet but i can only play like an hour a day now BOO
Nah that's just Bob. He got to general rank in two days.

Yeah, it took him about 12 hours apparently.

So I bought LittleBigPlanet for £12.99 on Play.com. It seems to be a Marmite type game but I'll give it a go.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-03 10:51:47

At 3/2/09 05:07 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: I really don't see what you're complaining about, I'd play this for 24 hours straight over any of the Call of Duty games any day.

And to tell you the truth I would as well.

At 3/2/09 07:47 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I finished Killzone 2.

I havn't yet. Radec is a bitch. And I need to beat the ATAC in under 1:30 as well.

They didn't have much variety when it came to levels but what can I expect it is Helgan a dark nazi-like place that isn't suppose to look like Flower.

Helghan is a barren planet filled with Helghast, so no it's not very pretty to look at.

All and all I give the campaign a 9/10.

I'd say 7.5/10. And all because Templar got killed :(

At 3/3/09 12:34 AM, Final2Legion wrote:
man everyone here is like a general and im not even captain yet but i can only play like an hour a day now BOO

Well, I'am :P

At 3/3/09 04:21 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Nah that's just Bob. He got to general rank in two days.

Because I'm awesome, innit.

At 3/3/09 04:32 AM, Jack wrote: Yeah, it took him about 12 hours apparently.

11 hours 54 minutes actually mate ^^

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature